PDA

View Full Version : Did we all overrate Porzingis?

Knicksfever2010
02-29-2016, 01:44 AM
Last 3 weeks his offensive game is EXTREMELY hit or miss. His jumpshot is very unreliable and when he tries to put the ball on the floor, he cant get past his defender.

The only great thing about him is his blocks/rebounds.

Mike smith
02-29-2016, 01:47 AM
Last 3 weeks his offensive game is EXTREMELY hit or miss. His jumpshot is very unreliable and when he tries to put the ball on the floor, he cant get past his defender.

The only great thing about him is his blocks/rebounds.
He's a 20 year old rookie give him time to develop. He's already passed expectations no one thought he would have the kind of impact he is having this early on

avonbarksdale
02-29-2016, 01:50 AM
new coach cant help tbh

Cocaine80s
02-29-2016, 01:50 AM
I always thought he was trash but you know how fans are here

White boys gon white boy

SwishSquared
02-29-2016, 01:52 AM
Knicks fans and national media overrated him. He's a very promising rookie and I'm bullish on his development, but people really overlooked that this is his first year and he still has a long way to go. But he's definitely on the right track.

bobopenguin
02-29-2016, 01:52 AM
porzingis for randle, yer or not?

Kblaze8855
02-29-2016, 01:58 AM
Last 3 weeks

The problem.

This guy might be in the NBA until 2034. A couple weeks of this or that....eh. If he becomes a star hes gonna have a couple weeks on and off. Guys in the HOF had entire seasons shooting like shit or being generally unnoteworthy. Steve Nash shot 36% for an entire season. And he was 24...in his third season.

Few weeks off here and there dont matter big picture wise. That kid is worth paying very close attention to. Id trade quite a few current all stars for him. Some of them rather young.

SwishSquared
02-29-2016, 02:03 AM
Also people should note that Rambis is overusing him to chase wins to be made permanent coach. Same deal with Melo. Phil needs to prioritize his players over his friends for the future of the franchise.

Sarcastic
02-29-2016, 02:07 AM

Not

CarlosBoozer
02-29-2016, 02:07 AM
Even though his offense is off, he is still a very rare breed in the NBA. 7'3 with the ability to shoot, rebound and block shots. He has a lot of years to develop, hopefully he isn't rushed.

Pointguard
02-29-2016, 02:17 AM
Coming down off of adrenaline highs can really sap your energy. He wasn't playing these minutes, games or seasons before. Much less the high demand of energy because of super players. I expected him to hit the wall really hard before the season started. But he's hit it so hard I think he's going to hit it again next year.

FreezingTsmoove
02-29-2016, 02:25 AM
I blame Melos leadership

Amare absolutely exposed him as a leader today in an interview

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/02/28/amare-stoudemire-jeremy-lin-knicks-quote-carmelo-anthony

BlazerRed
02-29-2016, 02:33 AM
Kat >

Dresta
02-29-2016, 02:58 AM
He's really young and a rookie. How good was Dirk @ 20?

fsvr54
02-29-2016, 03:25 AM
Okafor and Turner are better

imdaman99
02-29-2016, 03:29 AM
:roll: Not a chance. Towns yes, these 2 no way.

No OP, we didn't. He is still the 1 shining piece on the Knicks. He will be the guy people sign on the Knicks to play with. You think anyone wants to play with Melo? :whatever:

Alan Ogg
02-29-2016, 03:34 AM
Rookie wall. He's going to be an amazing player.

Euroleague
02-29-2016, 07:26 PM
Coming down off of adrenaline highs can really sap your energy. He wasn't playing these minutes, games or seasons before. Much less the high demand of energy because of super players. I expected him to hit the wall really hard before the season started. But he's hit it so hard I think he's going to hit it again next year.

Rookie wall. He's going to be an amazing player.

There should be no rookie wall for any players from Europe that played in both a good domestic league and also in one of the top two European leagues.

Porzingis played in ACB league in Spain, and also in the second level European league in Eurocup.

So he had to play two games every week.

In addition to that, teams in Europe have a way, way, way harder level of training and practice than NBA teams do, and they practice twice a day on non game days, and usually practice once a day even on travel days.

Josh Childress said the schedule he had in Olympiacos was much more physically demanding and taxing on his body and much more tiring than an NBA schedule.

Dominique Wilkins said the same thing about the schedule he had in Panathinaikos, and he actually had to get a special permission from the team's coach so that he could skip practices, because he was not conditioned enough to finish them.

European teams are drilled more like the marines or special forces are, than like sports clubs drill players in USA.

There is no reason why Porzingis should not be able to handle an NBA schedule, because its less tiring and demanding than what he had just last season.

raprap
02-29-2016, 07:28 PM
He's getting tired. He's going to be alright. Needs to be in better shape physically and mentally. The nba season is a grind.

FKAri
02-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Euroleague shits on literally ever European player to ever come to the US (except SpreadAnus). What a hilarious troll. Keeps him safe from any criticisms of European basketball. :lol

Euroleague
02-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Euroleague shits on literally ever European player to ever come to the US (except SpreadAnus). What a hilarious troll. Keeps him safe from any criticisms of European basketball. :lol

That's a lie. Stop making up fake bullshit.

Also, I said absolutely NOTHING negative about Porzingis in that post.

FKAri
02-29-2016, 07:40 PM
That's a lie. Stop making up fake bullshit.

Also, I said absolutely NOTHING negative about Porzingis in that post.

Name a player who played in Europe and went on to play in the NBA that you praised.

fsvr54
02-29-2016, 07:43 PM
:roll: Not a chance. Towns yes, these 2 no way.

No OP, we didn't. He is still the 1 shining piece on the Knicks. He will be the guy people sign on the Knicks to play with. You think anyone wants to play with Melo? :whatever:

You are a psycho is you clearly say no way. They are certainly better RIGHT NOW. As for the future, we'll see.

Jameerthefear
02-29-2016, 07:44 PM
LOL!

Jameerthefear
02-29-2016, 07:46 PM
You are a psycho is you clearly say no way. They are certainly better RIGHT NOW. As for the future, we'll see.
IMO Porz > Oak and Turner
Porz's defense and rim protection puts him on another level from those two. Oak can score though man that guy can ****ing score

oarabbus
02-29-2016, 07:52 PM

I'm high on Turner and think he'll be great but Porzingis is better. And okafor? Nah