PDA

View Full Version : Any Detroit fans here? Question about Drummond

$LakerGold
02-29-2016, 12:01 PM
Has he had any issues off the court? I know about the whole drama w/ the blonde chick, but who gives a f* about that? I'm asking because he seems like a really cool guy. I was just watching this video (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=14867052) of him sitting & chillin with a kid on the f*cking Pistons bench. A month ago, Nerlens Noel intentionally fouled him by jumping on his back, & it looked goofy as f* -- that a guy like Demarcus would've lost his shit by then, but no, he took it very well & laughed it off w/ Nerlens.

Also, I've always thought he was just like Demarcus, "childish" a year ago - for whatever reason, I was clearly wrong.

hold this L
02-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Word is he is really hard worker and quiet if that makes any sense. I haven't heard of him being a problem team wise. Probably one of the most lowkey stars of the league right now.

Just curious, but why are you asking?

Duderonomy
02-29-2016, 12:17 PM
No he hasn't gotten into any trouble off the court. I saw him at the mall and he stopped to take a selfie with a teenage fan.
Seems like a good guy.

KempSonics
03-01-2016, 12:15 AM
He's a really nice dude. Genuine.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-01-2016, 12:17 AM
Word is he is really hard worker and quiet if that makes any sense. I haven't heard of him being a problem team wise. Probably one of the most lowkey stars of the league right now.

Background check to make sure he's Lakers material.

Milbuck
03-01-2016, 12:22 AM
Drummond seems like a good dude, no off court problems, and definitely puts in the work off the court..but he's pretty inconsistent with his motor/effort in games imo. Other bigs have mentioned it, if you go right at Drummond he often crumbles despite his physical tools. He's kind of a weird player mentally, he frequently shrinks. Then the next game he'll come out looking like prime Shaq with 25/20 or something. Crazy talent, shaky mind for the game.

People can trash Boogie all they want but you know with 100% certainty that the second he steps on court, he is a killer and wants the win worse than anyone else on court.

outbreak
03-01-2016, 12:30 AM
At draft time the talk was he didn't take basketball seriously and people questioned if he had the passion most players have. Since then though I've heard nothing but positives and seen nothing that would make me think he hasn't matured and figured it out.

Rake2204
03-01-2016, 12:53 AM
Seems like a good guy. Don't recall anything negative or controversial coming out of his mouth in regards to coaching, the organization, or anything like that. Instagrammed a photo of himself doing 96 mph in his Benz on his way to practice last year but that's about it.

Still gives off a high school kid vibe, which is sometimes strange to see in a 22-year-old seven foot behemoth. Kind of strikes as a goofball trying to do funny things but it ends up coming out forced sometimes. Also seems to have a lot of moments where he reacts as though he's been truly injured or hurt by an opponent but ends up being perfectly fine.

Basically, he seems like a totally normal college kid.

hold this L
03-01-2016, 02:08 AM
Background check to make sure he's Lakers material.
I would hate if that happened. Hoping Drummond stays at Detroit for the rest of his career. He will likely get the max contract. I know some people might find this overdramatic, but I think Detroit has a chance of being a real NBA contender in 2-3 years with the current starters they have. All young in their early 20s that will be starting to hit their prime in a few years.

Lakers can get Durant, only to see the Kobe stans here move from disliking Durant and loving Curry to disliking Curry and loving Durant! :pimp:

Drummond seems like a good dude, no off court problems, and definitely puts in the work off the court..but he's pretty inconsistent with his motor/effort in games imo. Other bigs have mentioned it, if you go right at Drummond he often crumbles despite his physical tools. He's kind of a weird player mentally, he frequently shrinks. Then the next game he'll come out looking like prime Shaq with 25/20 or something. Crazy talent, shaky mind for the game.

People can trash Boogie all they want but you know with 100% certainty that the second he steps on court, he is a killer and wants the win worse than anyone else on court.
He's still just 22. He needs be more assertive in games though. When he does that and learns how to take free throws, he's going to consistently dominate. Even though he drops doubles on a nightly basis, but he disappears for large stretches.

Riks
03-01-2016, 11:51 AM

I remember his work ethic really being questioned before he was drafted. Glad he put the work in, and it shows.

embersyc
03-01-2016, 06:29 PM
He is a super nice guy, but he takes games off mentally.

dd24
03-01-2016, 08:35 PM
He is a super nice guy, but he takes games off mentally.
Yeah, when he doesn't give the effort on the defensive end it really shows. With this little winning streak they have going he's been back to going 100%. I think with some playoff experience it will help with this. He seems like a good guy for the most part though.

Zach LaVine
03-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Drummond is a beast. I want a trade centered around Wiggins and Drummond.

KAT + Drummond + LaVine would be amazing.

knickballer
03-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Drummond in OP's video :applause: :applause: :bowdown: :bowdown: