PDA

View Full Version : The overhyping of Steph Currey

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:27 PM
Is this board foreal? I'm seeing folks who are so-called fans of Oklahoma City cheering for these punks.
I'm seeing cavaliers fans cheering for their title rivals.
Spurs fans praising this midget like he's the second coming of the messiah.
Good lord the inbred bunch in here are like a cat on a hot-tin roof when the Golden state get mentioned.

The fact is. They won one title..congratulations and we can't take nothing away from that. But the fawming of the mouth, the way most folks on here are jizzings themselves over.a player who's supposed to be a rival is stupid. Good lord it's stupid.

You wouldn't have had Boston or Detroit or new York fans cheer for Jordan. Or spurs fans root for Kobe. It's as if they have no shame or self respect. As if they don't know nothing about team pride.

Am I the only one who thinks this new type of fan isn't something to be excited over? This new movement that has rivals cheering for each other?

ShawkFactory
02-29-2016, 02:30 PM
Fawming of the mouth?

lilteapot
02-29-2016, 02:31 PM
Nobody's cheering. We're just appreciating greatness and history being made.

You should learn to do the same as well

WorldWarriors
02-29-2016, 02:32 PM
Is this board foreal? I'm seeing folks who are so-called fans of Oklahoma City cheering for these punks.
Good lord the inbred bunch in here are like a cat on a hot-tin roof when the Golden state get mentioned.

The fact is. They won one title..congratulations and we can't take nothing away from that. But the fawming of the mouth, the way most folks on here are jizzings themselves over.a player who's supposed to be a rival is stupid. Good lord it's stupid.

You wouldn't have had Boston or Detroit or new York fans cheer for Jordan. Or spurs fans root for Kobe. It's as if they have no shame or self respect. As if they don't know nothing about team pride.

Am I the only one who thinks this new type of fan isn't something to be excited over? This new movement that has rivals cheering for each other?

This is a result of the Player only fanbase that has taken over sports.

But yeah, less team fans and more player fans create this type of atmosphere.

If a player is good there is no reason to not give credit where credit is due.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:34 PM
Fawming of the mouth?

My spelling is not my strong suit but I guess you get the jist of what I mean.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Nobody's cheering. We're just appreciating greatness and history being made.

You should learn to do the same as well

And believe me I'm trying to. I can appreciate it. It's just when folks start going overboard and comparing him to Kobe for example. That's the kind of inexcusable hyperboly everybody's taking part in. It ain't what you're talking about. Sensible appreciation. Nah its going over the edge. Jumping the shark and anointing a man who hasn't achieved nothing yet a top 3 player all time.

I do appreciate your response though:cheers:

Riks
02-29-2016, 02:38 PM

Jordan haters back in the day still respected Jordan and tuned in to his games. Top players even gushed about him. This is not new, just the first time we have seen this reaction in a long time.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:38 PM
This is a result of the Player only fanbase that has taken over sports.

But yeah, less team fans and more player fans create this type of atmosphere.

If a player is good there is no reason to not give credit where credit is due.

I appreciate eyour response to my thread?:cheers:

Might I ask you to grade it excellent of 5 stars so that I can get a green bar?

AirBonner
02-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Fawming of the mouth?
dat durr inbred lingo. yes op he is overhyped. This board just does that to the extreme. everywhere else people are level headed about the guy.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Jordan haters back in the day still respected Jordan and tuned in to his games. Top players even gushed about him. This is not new, just the first time we have seen this reaction in a long time.

Alright fair enough. It seems that that's the consensus on here by folks. Thank you for your input and your post in my thread.
Would you be be a lamb and rate it excellent and help me get a green bar? Thank.you I sure do appreciate it :cheers:

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 02:41 PM
dat durr inbred lingo. yes op he is overhyped. This board just does that to the extreme. everywhere else people are level headed about the guy.hehe at risk of repeating myself AGAIN. I thank you and all folks for your responses and would love an excellent rating so that I could get me a red bar. Appreciate it folks. Thanks agan:cheers:

12be
02-29-2016, 03:02 PM
Speaking as the 12th greatest player in NBA history, Curry now is better than I ever was.

SugarHill
02-29-2016, 03:06 PM
Curry is so good that arguments against are simply complaints against his generation of players, the league rules and the fans that watch it

WayOfWade
02-29-2016, 03:13 PM
Great topic :applause:
As I believe as WorldWarriors posted, the players-only fans are partly to blame. On this site in particular, people/posters like MrJabbar and others use Curry To troll as many LeBron fans because of an incessant need to hate on everything LeBron related. Curry is absolutely unbelievable however, and deserves a lot of hype, just not this much.
And as a side note, everyone's personal adoration/relationship/obsession with Jordan has a bit to do with it. Everyone wants to see "the next Jordan" or someone better, so they latch onto the next person with potential to maybe be greater one day. That was Kobe in 2010, LeBron in 2013, and now Curry in 2016. Admittedly Curry is different, with his team winning so many games and him smashing records

Funktion
02-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Players are in awe because theyre being converted. Their mentals being all fukkd with.

Its like
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/315701/waterboy-nipple-pinch-uhhhh-o.gif

90sgoat
02-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Anyone has to appreciate Curry despite his hysterical fans.

I still think Curry will come down to earth somewhat like he did in the finals last years - for the record I would have given him FMVP.

We are dealing with a player who is the first of his kind and the first of his kind on an elite level.

Question is, is Curry a Magic/Bird/Jordan or is he a Rodman/Mutombo/Stockton?

We will have to wait and see how many rings and FMVPs he gets.

The eye test says Curry can be top 10 all time, but also says he has some glaring weakness, defense and he is very turnover prone. That's why we can't crown him on eye test alone, he has a great team and if he 3 peats then top 10 should definitely be considered.

Done_And_Done
02-29-2016, 03:18 PM
Shut the fack up Simon, you useless waste of spooge.

Funktion
02-29-2016, 03:20 PM

:bowdown:

warriorfan
02-29-2016, 03:21 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

Nuff Said
02-29-2016, 03:22 PM
Lol@acting it's just this board alone that rides curry. As if he's not all over tv. As if every nba player didn't tweet about his last performance against the thunder. As if he isn't all the talk at the barbershops. Foh. This is history making here and you're telling us not to get excited about it? Jordan's Bulls' record lasted two decades. How often do we get to see legendary shit like this? Records are being broken. I'm a Miami fan but curry is king.

Funktion
02-29-2016, 03:26 PM
Lol@acting it's just this board alone that rides curry. As if he's not all over tv. As if every nba player didn't tweet about his last performance against the thunder. As if he isn't all the talk at the barbershops. Foh. This is history making here and you're telling us not to get excited about it? Jordan's Bulls' record lasted two decades. How often do we get to see legendary shit like this? Records are being broken. I'm a Miami fan but curry is king.

OPs just trolling. This is his imbred Klansman alt.

Wait for it...

!@#$%Vectors!@#
02-29-2016, 03:26 PM

http://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/anigif_enhanced-buzz-1353-1344895087-12.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll:

90sgoat
02-29-2016, 03:28 PM
http://www.barnorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/anigif_enhanced-buzz-1353-1344895087-12.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You're not fooling anyone Simon:roll:

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Ok I appreciate folks taking time out for responses to this thread. But on a serious note this isn't the first time I've heard this Simon thing. On another thread some poster asked me the same and on my options I got a red bar handed to me on account of being Simon.

Now I have no idea who this dumb f&*k is but judging from these reactions, he's either a laker fan or an Oklahoma resident. I haven't seen a poster by that name so far. Whoever the inbred queer is, I don't want to be associated with. For those kind enough to respond to my thread with actual content and those who rated it an excellent thread(if you know what the rest are talking about) please mention the Queers account by personal message to me.

Or outright tell the queer I called him that. He'll no doubt give me a red bar and his name will pop up.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Anyone has to appreciate Curry despite his hysterical fans.

I still think Curry will come down to earth somewhat like he did in the finals last years - for the record I would have given him FMVP.

We are dealing with a player who is the first of his kind and the first of his kind on an elite level.

Question is, is Curry a Magic/Bird/Jordan or is he a Rodman/Mutombo/Stockton?

We will have to wait and see how many rings and FMVPs he gets.

The eye test says Curry can be top 10 all time, but also says he has some glaring weakness, defense and he is very turnover prone. That's why we can't crown him on eye test alone, he has a great team and if he 3 peats then top 10 should definitely be considered.

And I have no problem with that darn it. I've said it all the time. He's the best 3 point shooter alive. Comparing him with a Kobe Bryant or a Michael Jordan is overboard. That's all. He ain't done nothing to be in that company.

Sensible approach as you said is to wait it out and see where he finishes up.

Done_And_Done
02-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Ok I appreciate folks taking time out for responses to this thread. But on a serious note this isn't the first time I've heard this Simon thing. On another thread some poster asked me the same and on my options I got a red bar handed to me on account of being Simon.

Now I have no idea who this dumb f&*k is but judging from these reactions, he's either a laker fan or an Oklahoma resident. I haven't seen a poster by that name so far. Whoever the inbred queer is, I don't want to be associated with. For those kind enough to respond to my thread with actual content and those who rated it an excellent thread(if you know what the rest are talking about) please mention the Queers account by personal message to me.

Or outright tell the queer I called him that. He'll no doubt give me a red bar and his name will pop up.

Cool story Simon. Now taste my bare ass...

http://orig08.deviantart.net/f284/f/2012/312/f/7/batman_dancing_mixed_by_dunker1234-d5kdfcm.gif

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Cool story Simon. Now taste my bare ass...

[IMG]http://orig08.deviantart.net/f284/f/2012/312/f/7/batman_dancing_mixed_by_dunker1234-d5kdfcm.gif

Not a liberal queer. Go to your mother's basement you inbred idiot.

Done_And_Done
02-29-2016, 03:41 PM
And I have no problem with that darn it. I've said it all the time. He's the best 3 point shooter alive. Comparing him with a Kobe Bryant or a Michael Jordan is overboard. That's all. He ain't done nothing to be in that company.

Sensible approach as you said is to wait it out and see where he finishes up.

Aside from winning an MVP, 2015 Championship, spearheading his team to one of the greatest seasons in NBA history, breaking multiple records (one of which was already set by him), and having one of most outstanding offensive campaigns that we've ever seen, all the while receiving praise by his own peers and all-time greats such as Magic.

Drink a bag of piss Simon. F*ucking nerd...

Done_And_Done
02-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Not a liberal queer. Go to your mother's basement you inbred idiot.

That's me on the bottom and your wh0re of a mother gyrating on top like the 2 buck a f*uck hooker she is.

http://orig08.deviantart.net/f284/f/2012/312/f/7/batman_dancing_mixed_by_dunker1234-d5kdfcm.gif

Mr Feeny
02-29-2016, 03:47 PM

I think you're an idiot for your Muslim bashing on the off topic board. You're abrasive, rude and a punk. Show some class.
But reading this, I can vouch that this idiot isn't Simon. Not even that douche is this moronic.

You're -simply put - the biggest waste of space on this board. Worse than jabbar, 3ball, LAZERUSS and the Kobe stans.
You're first post ever was an insult. I have no idea why you haven't even banned yet.

Mr. Jabbar
02-29-2016, 03:49 PM
calm down, simon.

Mr Feeny
02-29-2016, 03:51 PM
OPs just trolling. This is his imbred Klansman alt.

Wait for it...

It isn't Simon. Trust me this ******* is altogether a different breed. I cant tell who's alt it is though.

Looking at jabbar's alts in here, I wouldn't be surprised if it's him. He seems to be trying too hard. Somethings not right.

Either him or madden. These Kobe stans have no lives. :lebronamazed:

Mr Feeny
02-29-2016, 03:53 PM
calm down, simon.

Lol almost exactly same time. As i was saying its you. Right on cue and this just can't be a coincidence at this point.
Get a life loser. Who's creates an alt and then responds to himself with 5 different alts.
My God you Kobe stans are the bottom of the barrel.
:lebronamazed:

tmacattack33
02-29-2016, 03:58 PM

Well that's because Jordan was a punk.

Lakersfamftw
02-29-2016, 03:58 PM
I think you're an idiot for your Muslim bashing on the off topic board. You're abrasive, rude and a punk. Show some class.
But reading this, I can vouch that this idiot isn't Simon. Not even that douche is this moronic.

You're -simply put - the biggest waste of space on this board. Worse than jabbar, 3ball, LAZERUSS and the Kobe stans.
You're first post ever was an insult. I have no idea why you haven't even banned yet.

Shut the FUVK up you yack.i didn't insult you unless you done something said something stupid and idiotic. You don't know nothing about basketball and spend your time saying some bull. Your the rude one. If you don't want to contribute positively to my thread then don't say nothing. Get out of here dumbass.
Jabbar is a genius.

Mr. Jabbar
02-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Lol almost exactly same time. As i was saying its you. Right on cue and this just can't be a coincidence at this point.
Get a life loser. Who's creates an alt and then responds to himself with 5 different alts.
My God you Kobe stans are the bottom of the barrel.
:lebronamazed:

what are you even babling about dipshit? and why do you defend him not being simon so much? gtfo here you weirdo, no1 wants to hear your shit theories

Mr Feeny
02-29-2016, 04:01 PM
Shut the FUVK up you yack.i didn't insult you unless you done something said something stupid and idiotic. You don't know nothing about basketball and spend your time saying some bull. Your the rude one. If you don't want to contribute positively to my thread then don't say nothing. Get out of here dumbass.
Jabbar is a genius.

You're pathetic jabbar:roll:
These ****ing Kobe stans.
How many alts do you need. How many freaking alts:roll:
Get a life you miserable sad imbecile Kobe stan:roll:

Mr. Jabbar
02-29-2016, 04:04 PM
simon is playing this one well, i must say

ralph_i_el
02-29-2016, 04:10 PM

Horseshit

learn to spell

wordsRweapons
02-29-2016, 04:13 PM
16 threads about Curry in page 1 :lol

Black and White
02-29-2016, 04:30 PM
He's having a better season than Kobe ever had and that's why you made this thread, admit it, the idea of that hurts you because so many people know it's true.

knicksman
02-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Stay losing simon. You can collude with the wilt fam and youre still not taking down the kobe/curry fam. We own ish dipshit

FKAri
02-29-2016, 07:28 PM
OP is stalkerforlife :lol

toxicxr6
02-29-2016, 08:08 PM
simon is playing this one well, i must say

Trying to deflect

It's fkn jabba.. Another frekking alt for this loser..

I honestly think jabba is 40% of this sites useage..

Fkn loser

warriorfan
02-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Op and 90sGOAT are simon

Rent free jabbar stays winning

:applause:

raprap
02-29-2016, 08:21 PM
Jabbar is such a fken beta. :facepalm

Get a life loser

InsanityKills
02-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Jabbar is such a fken beta. :facepalm

Get a life loser
I agree.

Ca$H
02-29-2016, 09:01 PM
And believe me I'm trying to. I can appreciate it. It's just when folks start going overboard and comparing him to Kobe for example. That's the kind of inexcusable hyperboly everybody's taking part in. It ain't what you're talking about. Sensible appreciation. Nah its going over the edge. Jumping the shark and anointing a man who hasn't achieved nothing yet a top 3 player all time.

I do appreciate your response though:cheers:

I'm a Kobe fan and Curry this season > Peak Kobe.

sd3035
02-29-2016, 09:07 PM
what are you even babling about dipshit? and why do you defend him not being simon so much? gtfo here you weirdo, no1 wants to hear your shit theories

:roll: :roll:

90sgoat
02-29-2016, 09:14 PM
OP is stalkerforlife :lol
:pimp:

Spurs m8
02-29-2016, 09:28 PM
Dont really see Spurs fans praising him much....they're smarter than that tbh

IllegalD
02-29-2016, 10:30 PM
Simon and Mr Feeny getting their sh*t pushed in worse than a couple of leatherheads at Stonewall. :dancin :hammertime:

sportjames23
02-29-2016, 10:40 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif