PDA

View Full Version : Raptors sign Jason Thompson

Legends66NBA7
02-29-2016, 03:50 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania

The Toronto Raptors are waiving forward Anthony Bennett to sign veteran Jason Thompson for the season, league sources tell The Vertical.

Raps are so inconsistent on PF, so a good idea to get PF on the waiver wire. Always liked JT too, he was just on a bad teams and the Warriors didn't need him.

Good luck to Mr. Bennett.

qrich
02-29-2016, 03:54 PM
Bennett now to be the #1 pick in the D-League draft and out of the D-League within three seasons :applause:

Great pick-up by the Raps.

Levity
02-29-2016, 03:56 PM
haha this waiving game has been fun to watch this season.

i think todays the last day a player can be waived and still be eligible to play in the playoffs

so we'll see if the wolves waive martin today, and what team picks him up and who they throw on the waiver after. same goes with bennet.

Legends66NBA7
02-29-2016, 04:00 PM
Bennett now to be the #1 pick in the D-League draft and out of the D-League within three seasons :applause:

Great pick-up by the Raps.

I hope Casey can sneak some minutes for him.

It is an absolute miracle the team is 20 games above .500 with a 35 year old, feast or famine, Luis Scola starting every game at PF this season, when you combine it with Jonas missing a good month+ and Carroll missing more than half the season too.

Done_And_Done
02-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Can't stand his face but i'll happily take him to deepen our weakest position. He was very serviceable in Sacramento.

Legends66NBA7
02-29-2016, 04:12 PM
Can't stand his face but i'll happily take him to deepen our weakest position. He was very serviceable in Sacramento.

SF is still weaker at the moment, unless Carroll can some how magically regain is Atlanta Hawks form. Doubt it happens. All I ask he can defend and hit 3's, no more of his attempts to dribble and create.

Scola can still get hot and Patterson can bring it more consistently defensively among all SF's and PF's, while spacing the floor.

Achilleas
02-29-2016, 04:36 PM
hahaha, the worst player ever from a warrior fan :facepalm

red1
02-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Good signing. With the complete lack of depth at PF any addition is a bonus.

Sakkreth
02-29-2016, 05:10 PM
SF is still weaker at the moment, unless Carroll can some how magically regain is Atlanta Hawks form. Doubt it happens. All I ask he can defend and hit 3's, no more of his attempts to dribble and create.

Scola can still get hot and Patterson can bring it more consistently defensively among all SF's and PF's, while spacing the floor.

While I agree that player wise SF is weaker position until Caroll is back our PF situation is worse. We are starting Scola.... And can't really start Patterson because then noone will score of the bench. That being said I'd still start Patterson, better fit with JV and and Ross started scoring quite well of the bench.

Legends66NBA7
02-29-2016, 05:14 PM
hahaha, the worst player ever from a warrior fan :facepalm

Warriors are loaded, though.

WorldWarriors
02-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Warriors are loaded, though. He didn't fit. But great for him he got picked up. Seems like a really great guy.

Achilleas
02-29-2016, 05:20 PM
Warriors are loaded, though.

he was very bad :no:

blablabla
02-29-2016, 05:24 PM
This dude is the definition of an average big man. But as far as i can remember him and Patterson were pretty solid together back in Sac Town so should be a decent pick up.

RRR3
02-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Bennett is surely the worst ever number one pick right?

JimmyMcAdocious
02-29-2016, 05:49 PM
Since the inception of the lottery and excluding injured players? I'd have to think so. Actually, even with injuries. I mean, I'd take Oden's 100 games over Bennett's entire career.

Legends66NBA7
02-29-2016, 05:58 PM
Bennett is surely the worst ever number one pick right?

As it stands, without a doubt. 2013 might end up the worst draft of all-time too.

Nets fan 93
02-29-2016, 06:06 PM
As it stands, without a doubt. 2013 might end up the worst draft of all-time too.
It's up there with the 2000 draft

Smook A.
02-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Agree with this. That draft was HORRID.

livingby3's
02-29-2016, 08:47 PM
Frankly speaking I had never watched Bennett play. Is he really bad, as in that really bad? He's only 22

The Suns are thin in their PFs as well, would Bennett help them in any way? we would have the 1st and 5th pick in the suckiest draft ever though. Or does Bennett make Jon Leuer look like an allstar?

Bay Area Baller
02-29-2016, 08:55 PM
taking aside injuries

Honorable mention : Kwame Brown at number 1 was atrocious . Underperformed. Then in contract year would perform marginally better land a overpaid contract . Then he'd give up get traded for non-valued players rinse repeat.

JimmyMcAdocious
02-29-2016, 09:17 PM
What's a 2013 redraft look like?

Giannis
Gobert
McCollum
Noel
Dipo
Schroder
Adams
KCP
Porter
Zeller

Top 10 is something like that.

2000?

KMart
Miller
Redd
Crawford
Turkoglu
Q
Stevenson
Magloire
Mo Pete
Dooling

Or whatever. Yeah, I'll take '13, even without knowing how some of these unproven develop.

blablabla
02-29-2016, 10:03 PM
2000 has 3 all stars and 1 all nba guy, ain't nobody making an all nba team from the 13 draft

Legends66NBA7
03-01-2016, 10:34 AM
As blablabla mentioned in this thread, the JT signing makes sense not only to find another PF to use in the frontline but also had history with Patrick Patterson. Here's what the 13-14 preview was when they were both Kings.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1822294-sacramento-kings-preview-2013-14-lineup-roster-predictions-team-analysis#

What's to like about Thompson and Patterson is that both are productive, and both get that production in different ways.

Thompson is the more traditional power forward of the two, providing defense, rebounding and low-post scoring. He won't wow anybody in one particular area, but he also won't embarrass himself either. That makes him a valuable component to have.

Patterson is more of a stretch 4. He started developing a three-point shot heading into last season and it started to become a weapon for him. Patterson hit 38.6 percent of his three-pointers, including a scorching 44.4 percent after being traded to the Kings midway through the year. He's a floor spacer, and with a capable point guard like Greivis Vasquez, Patterson should get plenty of looks from downtown.

He's basically an Amir Johnson-esque player. Not as good as Amir was, but if Scola continues his poor play, expect to see both Thompson-Patterson on the floor. I can see it happening in the playoffs too, so that teams won't try to exploit BB8's inept offense.

JohnFreeman
03-01-2016, 10:38 AM
I loved when the Kings got rid of Thompson

Such a piece of shit

Achilleas
03-01-2016, 10:42 AM
I loved when the Kings got rid of Thompson

Such a piece of shit

as i warrios fan i agree 100%

Fallen Angel
03-01-2016, 10:46 AM
2000 has 3 all stars and 1 all nba guy, ain't nobody making an all nba team from the 13 draft
Giannis?
Gobert?

kurple
03-01-2016, 11:09 AM
I hope Casey can sneak some minutes for him.

It is an absolute miracle the team is 20 games above .500 with a 35 year old, feast or famine, Luis Scola starting every game at PF this season, when you combine it with Jonas missing a good month+ and Carroll missing more than half the season too.
Scola is SO underrated among Raptor fans

Legends66NBA7
03-01-2016, 11:15 AM
Scola is SO underrated among Raptor fans

He's a good locker room presence. But he's just a net negative on the floor and disappears too often.

Legends66NBA7
03-01-2016, 11:17 AM
Giannis?
Gobert?

I don't think Giannis will. Forwards are too loaded.

Gobert could, C's are weak and hasn't scratched his full potential yet. There's also CJ, but it's just his first season of being a decent player.

Legends66NBA7
03-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Some more reports on why JT was signed.

https://twitter.com/WolstatSun

Jason Thompson got rave reviews from former teammates James Johnson and Patrick Patterson + Kyle Lowry, who knows him from Philly area.

[QUOTE]Masai on Jason Thompson:

JimmyMcAdocious
03-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Redd put up massive numbers for a solid 5ish years, but his team made the playoffs only twice in that span when the East was extremely top heavy (Pacers, Pistons, Heat, and I suppose Nets into the Cavs over those 5 years). You had a 36 win team make the playoffs at one point. Then he blew out his knee and was never the same.

But, really. Did anyone ever consider him on a higher tier than someone like Danny Granger back when he was also putting up 25 a game? btw, dude put up 23.5 ppg from 04 to 09 and he still only made one allstar game. Says what his peers thought of him imo.

And the other allstars were Martin. Who I liked as a piece. He wasn't that good, tho. And one of the worst allstars ever in Jamaal Magloire. Give me Gobert over Magloire 100 out of 100 times. Give me Adams over him. ****, I'll take Zeller.