PDA

View Full Version : Rockets get Beasley

Mike smith
03-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Josh smith and Michael Beasley on same team...

KungFuJoe
03-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Are the Rockets the dumbest team in NBA history? The mean IQ on that team is probably around 80.

Mike smith
03-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Morey wanted an mvp on his team that's why they signed him

G-train
03-02-2016, 07:08 PM
I've got serious doubts about Morey as a GM.
Was looking good last season when Harden dragged their ass to deep in the post season, but one player can only hold up an organisation for so long.

kshutts1
03-02-2016, 07:10 PM
I've got serious doubts about Morey as a GM.
Was looking good last season when Harden dragged their ass to deep in the post season, but one player can only hold up an organisation for so long.
I think Morey does a fabulous job of collecting assets. I think his concept of chemistry is lacking.

Perhaps he should hire a psychologist to embrace the "numbers" behind the impact of positive chemistry?

Dr Seuss
03-02-2016, 07:11 PM
they also just signed the mini mamba.

nice to see him back in the NBA

JimmyMcAdocious
03-02-2016, 07:13 PM
MIP next season.

Bosnian Sajo
03-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Noooooo, why did he pick one of my most hated teams to join? Say it ain't so, Beas :cry:

**** it, at least he back.

G-train
03-02-2016, 08:01 PM
I think Morey does a fabulous job of collecting assets. I think his concept of chemistry is lacking.

Perhaps he should hire a psychologist to embrace the "numbers" behind the impact of positive chemistry?

He is the General Manager of the team though, not the asset collector (which is not the majority of the job).
This team was supposed to contend for WCF again.
Instead on his watch, they are garbage.

Then they do deals like trade for Smith and sign Beasley..2 horrible rotation NBA players.
He hasn't done anything particularly great since Howard signed there it seems.
The McHale sacking looks like a disaster.

That being said, most of these GM's seem horrible.

JohnMax
03-02-2016, 08:09 PM
The powerful myth of Michael Beasley's talent (www.sbnation.com/2013/9/11/4719210/michael-beasley-talent-phoenix-suns-nba-free-agency)

Hey Yo
03-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Was there major bidding for Beasley?

Thread title makes it sound as if many teams wanted him

bobopenguin
03-02-2016, 08:44 PM
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/knee-rub.gif

coin24
03-02-2016, 09:00 PM
Noooooo, why did he pick one of my most hated teams to join? Say it ain't so, Beas :cry:

**** it, at least he back.

Yeah I doubt many teams made him an offer, hopefully he showcases something now and gets an off this offseason..

Always wanted him for the lakers bench

paintingshade
03-02-2016, 09:02 PM
while morey has obvious had his plans backfire, this move is probably to miss the playoffs and retain their draft pick lol

livingby3's
03-02-2016, 09:14 PM
everytime he goes to a new team people hold a little expectations that he will be at least add something. But it has never happen, I hope he finds his role but I seriously doubt it

AirTupac
03-02-2016, 09:15 PM
Lmaooooooo Houston is in shambles.

DMV2
03-02-2016, 09:19 PM
The BET MVP and CBA MVP on the same squad. STACKED!

90sgoat
03-02-2016, 09:22 PM
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/knee-rub.gif

Wtf is going on, did his brain not feel it wasn't his knee lol.

Also Morey sucks, Morey is the worst GM of all time after Hinkie. What a loser and his analydids doesn't have a clue about assembling a team.

Goofsta Knicca
03-02-2016, 09:38 PM

He knew exactly wut he wuz doing ;)

http://s10.postimg.org/ey0uldhiv/beas_reverse.gif

Al Green - Let's Stay Together (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COiIC3A0ROM)

Human Error
03-03-2016, 09:19 AM
What a great signing. I feel the time for Beasley to shine may have finally arrived. He can shoot, run and has good handles, he could be a perfect stretch 4 in today's NBA. I am disappointed that Miami didn't sign him with their left handed stretch 4 likely done for the season.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 09:24 AM

Also Morey sucks, Morey is the worst GM of all time after Hinkie. What a loser and his analydids doesn't have a clue about assembling a team.
If only he had one.

BuffaloBill
03-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Good signing. This will do wonders for their team chemistry issues. Beasley can be that glue guy

smh

coin24
03-03-2016, 09:44 AM
What a great signing. I feel the time for Beasley to shine may have finally arrived. He can shoot, run and has good handles, he could be a perfect stretch 4 in today's NBA. I am disappointed that Miami didn't sign him with their left handed stretch 4 likely done for the season.

So spo can bench him again?

Last place he should ever go is back to Miami

aj1987
03-03-2016, 09:47 AM
So spo can bench him again?

Last place he should ever go is back to Miami
There really must be a reason why Spo absolutely refused to play him. Riley cut him what? 3 times? Must be something going on which we don't know. The Heat never publicize bad things about other players.

He defense was iffy, but other than that, I think he would've been decent off the bench.

Human Error
03-03-2016, 10:12 AM
There really must be a reason why Spo absolutely refused to play him. Riley cut him what? 3 times? Must be something going on which we don't know. The Heat never publicize bad things about other players.

He defense was iffy, but other than that, I think he would've been decent off the bench.
We do not know but it could be more simple than that. Spo always prefer to play rough looking boys like Haslem, Amare, Bill Walker etc and he even tried to bring in Josh Howard once. Maybe he has a thing for that. Should be investigated.

dunksby
03-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Good signing. This will do wonders for their team chemistry issues. Beasley can be that glue guy

smh
Thought I had heard all different names for weed :lol

tomtucker
03-03-2016, 10:49 AM
shit, always likes the guy........miami treated him like crap, they are doing the same to gerald green now, no reason to bench these types of guys

Riks
03-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Are the Rockets the dumbest team in NBA history? The mean IQ on that team is probably around 80.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

They just cut Ty for being a bonehead, yet this doesn't stop them from getting other headcases.

Riks
03-03-2016, 10:54 AM

I'm pretty sure he was just joking around.

PickernRoller
03-03-2016, 11:06 AM
This should accelerate the inevitable detonation of Coward III.

bobopenguin
03-03-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure he was just joking around.

so rubbing someone's knee is a type of joke. let me try it on my bro sometime.:lol

ShackEelOKneel
03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Rockets never learn.

Out_In_Utah
03-03-2016, 12:08 PM
At least he doesn't have to play China now.

HylianNightmare
03-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Probably won't get much burn but still excited he gets another chance

HoopologyPhD
03-03-2016, 01:08 PM
The ultimate "potential" player, million dollar body with a ten cent head, hopefully he learned something from China. IMO he was one of the best offensive players for the Heat when they were destroyed by the Spurs in the Finals.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 01:11 PM
The ultimate "potential" player, million dollar body with a ten cent head, hopefully he learned something from China. IMO he was one of the best offensive players for the Heat when they were destroyed by the Spurs in the Finals.
:biggums:

Dude played like 10 minutes the entire series.

HoopologyPhD
03-03-2016, 01:23 PM

True, they only played him the last game but it wasn't yet garbage time and he did really well, probably was the only person on the team that wasn't intimidated by the Spurs. Spo should have experimented earlier in the series and threw the kitchen sink out. I'm not saying the Heat could have won but with all the talent they had there was no excuse to get beat down that badly.

ShackEelOKneel
03-03-2016, 01:24 PM

HoopologyPhD has not kept up on his continued education courses and should have his license revoked.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 01:30 PM
True, they only played him the last game but it wasn't yet garbage time and he did really well, probably was the only person on the team that wasn't intimidated by the Spurs. Spo should have experimented earlier in the series and threw the kitchen sink out. I'm not saying the Heat could have won but with all the talent they had there was no excuse to get beat down that badly.
IIRC, dude came in late 4th quarter when the Heat were down by 20+. Miami had basically given up by then.

Beasley is not a good defender. The one thing Miami needed the most. Besides, you said he was one of the best offensive players. How did you come to that conclusion with him playing like 10 garbage minutes?

ShackEelOKneel
03-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Guy goes 4 for 7 in the final game of a series, along with 1 for 3 free throws, and he is suddenly "one of the best offensive players for the Heat" in the series. :roll:

Also, it wasn't "garbage time" but his first time checking in was while the team was down 21 points with 5 minutes left in the 3rd and he stayed in while the team made no significant push for the remainder of the game. 5 of his 9 points came in the final 5 minutes of that game.

But yes, one of the best offensive players for the Heat that series :roll:

HoopologyPhD
03-03-2016, 01:42 PM
IIRC, dude came in late 4th quarter when the Heat were down by 20+. Miami had basically given up by then.

Beasley is not a good defender. The one thing Miami needed the most. Besides, you said he was one of the best offensive players. How did you come to that conclusion with him playing like 10 garbage minutes?

I understand that he had limited impact but he was only given a small amount of PT (17 min) and he put up 9 pts and was 4/7 from the field. With the way the other guys were playing it couldn't have hurt to see what he could have done earlier in the series or game.

I agree that he is a bad defender which is probably why he didn't get more playing time but he did show a little something on the biggest stage in basketball against a team playing near perfect basketball.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 01:44 PM
I understand that he had limited impact but he was only given a small amount of PT (17 min) and he put up 9 pts and was 4/7 from the field. With the way the other guys were playing it couldn't have hurt to see what he could have done earlier in the series or game.

I agree that he is a bad defender which is probably why he didn't get more playing time but he did show a little something on the biggest stage in basketball against a team playing near perfect basketball.
He's a chucker and a bad defender. Just because he scored a few points in garbage time doesn't mean that he deserved to play in the freaking Finals. Not the RS or the First round. The Finals. :facepalm

HoopologyPhD
03-03-2016, 01:49 PM
Guy goes 4 for 7 in the final game of a series, along with 1 for 3 free throws, and he is suddenly "one of the best offensive players for the Heat" in the series. :roll:

Also, it wasn't "garbage time" but his first time checking in was while the team was down 21 points with 5 minutes left in the 3rd and he stayed in while the team made no significant push for the remainder of the game. 5 of his 9 points came in the final 5 minutes of that game.

But yes, one of the best offensive players for the Heat that series :roll:

He was given very limited minutes which was the decision of the coach.

Who was better on offense amongst the bench players? Chalmers shot 33%, Cole 32%, even Birdman only put up 3/12 for the entire series.

I am not trying to say that Beasly is a world beater but he does have legitimate potential that was proven against a team that didn't take their foot off the throat of the Heat the entire series.

HoopologyPhD
03-03-2016, 01:56 PM
He's a chucker and a bad defender. Just because he scored a few points in garbage time doesn't mean that he deserved to play in the freaking Finals. Not the RS or the First round. The Finals. :facepalm

Typically I would agree but with the way the established guys were playing, it is on the coach to try anything that might possibly work.

Sometimes chuckers get hot and can steal a few buckets and get the team closer, everyone else on the squad was too scared to shoot.

bdreason
03-03-2016, 01:58 PM
I 'm just imagining Morey in his office drooling over Beasley CBA advanced stats. :oldlol:

ShackEelOKneel
03-03-2016, 02:05 PM
He was given very limited minutes which was the decision of the coach.

Who was better on offense amongst the bench players? Chalmers shot 33%, Cole 32%, even Birdman only put up 3/12 for the entire series.

I am not trying to say that Beasly is a world beater but he does have legitimate potential that was proven against a team that didn't take their foot off the throat of the Heat the entire series.
We have gone from one of the best in the series to comparing him to Birdman to justify his offensive prowess :roll:

And yes, Chalmers did bad for the series, but in the game you are using to justify how great Beasley did, Chalmers outplayed him. Less minutes and had 8 points off 2/3 shooting with 4/5 free throws.

But outplaying a few guys doesn't mean he was one of the best. He still was not better than LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, or Rashard Lewis. And if we are only looking at effectiveness in limited minutes, James Jones was also better. So congrats. He was the 6th or 7th best offensive player and didn't have good enough D to justify putting him in the series more, but the coach should have. :hammerhead:

HoopologyPhD
03-03-2016, 02:11 PM
We have gone from one of the best in the series to comparing him to Birdman to justify his offensive prowess :roll:

And yes, Chalmers did bad for the series, but in the game you are using to justify how great Beasley did, Chalmers outplayed him. Less minutes and had 8 points off 2/3 shooting with 4/5 free throws.

But outplaying a few guys doesn't mean he was one of the best. He still was not better than LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, or Rashard Lewis. And if we are only looking at effectiveness in limited minutes, James Jones was also better. So congrats. He was the 6th or 7th best offensive player and didn't have good enough D to justify putting him in the series more, but the coach should have. :hammerhead:

Birdman typically shoots a very high percentage from the field. I will agree that all the starters played better but even Beasly being 6th/7th best is overachieving considering he was one of the last players on the bench.

I understand that it is ridiculous to defend Psycho Beas but my main point was he was given an opportunity in THE FINALS and he didn't screw it up which is fully what you would expect from him especially after not playing in games for quite some time. Would he have sustained his level of play if given more time? Probably not but we can't say for sure because it didn't happen that way.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Typically I would agree but with the way the established guys were playing, it is on the coach to try anything that might possibly work.
:facepalm

Stop talking out your ass, dude. Going into the Finals everyone on the Heat was hot. Wade was balling in the Pacers series and Bosh was decent as well. You don't ruin chemistry in the FINALS to try a new lineup with a known low IQ chucker and bad defender.

Sometimes chuckers get hot and can steal a few buckets and get the team closer, everyone else on the squad was too scared to shoot.
Worked wonders in game 5.

Again, Miami needed defense and not offense. Please stop posting about a series which you CLEARLY haven't watched.

HoopologyPhD
03-03-2016, 05:13 PM
:facepalm

Again, Miami needed defense and not offense. Please stop posting about a series which you CLEARLY haven't watched.

I actually watched every second and really enjoyed watching a colluding low IQ street ball squad get beat down by a real team.

GrapeApe
03-03-2016, 05:21 PM
I actually watched every second and really enjoyed watching a colluding low IQ street ball squad get beat down by a real team.

Low IQ? That's a new one. Those Heat teams were considered among the most intelligent in the league. The only thing low IQ was/is their coach.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 05:40 PM
You should definitely change your name to DumbologyPhD.

Human Error
03-03-2016, 06:01 PM
I do not think Beasley should have played ahead of Lebron, but he definitely could have received playing time ahead of Rashard Lewis or Udonis Haslem whom Spo considered as top class defenders but in reality washed up bums. Spo is very predictable and he does not like to experiment to find what it really works. Nothing was working, and what worse could have happen if he played Beasley instead of Rashard Lewis or Haslem?

Human Error
03-03-2016, 06:07 PM
That's bs. Spo always stresses defense because he cannot run proper offense and he makes casual fans believe that the problem is defense when his team is only scoring 85 points a game with all the offensive weapons. What he spit out during the interviews have been driving me crazy. Purity, grit, hustle, sacrifice... I do not know what he tried to say, but even if I knew, we are not talking about school balls where you can win simply by outrunning and outhustling the opponents, this is the NBA where talent and right execution win in the end.

GrapeApe
03-03-2016, 07:04 PM
I hadn't read through the entire thread and I just now noticed someone saying the Heat treated Beasley poorly and are treating Green poorly. :oldlol:

Two of the dumbest players to ever wear an NBA uniform and it's the Heat's fault? The Heat are renowned for how well they treat their players. Green has been awful. Beasley was given multiple chances. They are basically the same guy. Great talent, nothing between the ears. That doesn't work at this level of basketball.

When a guy with Beasley's ability bounces around for 8 years and can never stick, something is wrong, and it has nothing to do with the organizations he's played for. I knew he'd be back in the league at some point and I'd honestly like to see him turn it around. He seems like a decent guy and I always like to see former Heat players do well. I just don't think the light bulb will ever turn on, mainly due to lack of a light bulb.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 07:57 PM
That's bs. Spo always stresses defense because he cannot run proper offense and he makes casual fans believe that the problem is defense when his team is only scoring 85 points a game with all the offensive weapons. What he spit out during the interviews have been driving me crazy. Purity, grit, hustle, sacrifice... I do not know what he tried to say, but even if I knew, we are not talking about school balls where you can win simply by outrunning and outhustling the opponents, this is the NBA where talent and right execution win in the end.
Where did you get those stats from? The Heat scored 92 PPG on 47/40/74 (which is actually really good), but let the Spurs score 106 on 53/47/75. 53% and 47% from deep. That's absolutely inexcusable. Spo is a terrific defensive coach, but Wade, Bosh, LeBron, and the rest of the team were terrible on the defensive end. I saw LeBron try a couple of times, but when the Spurs started scoring on Wade/Bosh, he gave up as well. There's a video of Wade's defense on YT. Dude was like Harden on D.

Human Error
03-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Where did you get those stats from? The Heat scored 92 PPG on 47/40/74 (which is actually really good), but let the Spurs score 106 on 53/47/75. 53% and 47% from deep. That's absolutely inexcusable. Spo is a terrific defensive coach, but Wade, Bosh, LeBron, and the rest of the team were terrible on the defensive end. I saw LeBron try a couple of times, but when the Spurs started scoring on Wade/Bosh, he gave up as well. There's a video of Wade's defense on YT. Dude was like Harden on D.
92 ppg is not good when you are equipped with some of the game's best offensive talents.
And you played Rashard Lewis and Udonis Haslem because they are great defenders. Did not work out well.
Once again I am not saying that Beasley would have helped. I want to say Spo was mercilessly outcoached by Pop, and Spo still could not get creative nor make adjustment.
A terribly overrated coach who only stresses defense.

aj1987
03-03-2016, 09:53 PM
92 ppg is not good when you are equipped with some of the game's best offensive talents.
That's mostly because most of the games were blowouts and the teams were playing at an incredibly low pace. The '13 Heat averaged 97 PPG and there were some incredibly close games. The Spurs and Heat always play at a very slow pace.

And you played Rashard Lewis and Udonis Haslem because they are great defenders. Did not work out well.
Might be the lack of sleep, but I really don't understand this statement. Are you saying that they are in fact good defenders or are you just being sarcastic?

Oh, and Haslem barely played as well. He played like 20 minutes the entire series, IIRC.

Black and White
03-03-2016, 09:54 PM
I suppose this is a low risk move for Houston, I mean, they can't get worse can they?

aj1987
03-03-2016, 10:10 PM
I suppose this is a low risk move for Houston, I mean, they can't get worse can they?
Off-court issues. Those dudes are not really known to be focused on the game.

dubnation
03-03-2016, 10:10 PM
This team is such a joke :roll:

coin24
03-04-2016, 01:17 AM

Well there offense was stagnant as fu*k, beas can definitely fix that up for you..
He played well in the regular season then Spobot benched him..

Must be his small Filipino brain so stubborn..

Hopefully the rockets give supercool Beas some burn:rockon: