PDA

View Full Version : Clippers only team which can stop warriors

retaxis
03-04-2016, 03:10 AM
Not saying they will but they got a better chance than spurs

Cp3 is going to go hard at curry, Blake can get dray into foul trouble and so can Crawford against klay. Stars have to align for it to happen but it has happened before just a couple of yrs ago so they may do it again.

LakersForlife
03-04-2016, 03:12 AM
griffin comes back and clippers are shit again no worries

retaxis
03-04-2016, 03:12 AM
U have to take dj out of the game and play

Cp3, jj, jamal, pierce and Blake. Keeps the pace up and play downhill basketball and you can mess with the Warriors. If pierce steps his game up in the playoffs like he usually does and Blake as well it could get interesting

1987_Lakers
03-04-2016, 03:17 AM
Nah, out of the West the Thunder and the Spurs still pose a bigger threat. The Spurs have the basketball IQ, but might lack athleticism & talent vs Golden State, the Thunder have the talent to match Golden State, but their basketball IQ is pretty bad.

I see no advantages the Clippers have over Golden State.

Inferno
03-04-2016, 03:24 AM
I'd be down for the rivalry to return :applause:

Mr. Jabbar
03-04-2016, 03:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kbtV8zN.gif

KNOW1EDGE
03-04-2016, 04:01 AM
Lol no

senelcoolidge
03-04-2016, 04:49 AM
The Thunder are overrated. It's either the Spurs or Clippers. The Clippers need that #3 spot so they can get the Warriors in the 2nd round. Spurs v. Thunder in the 2nd round. That works out better.

RoseCity07
03-04-2016, 04:59 AM
The Warriors would sweep the Clippers.

JebronLames
03-04-2016, 06:11 AM
The Thunder are overrated. It's either the Spurs or Clippers. The Clippers need that #3 spot so they can get the Warriors in the 2nd round. Spurs v. Thunder in the 2nd round. That works out better.
If Clips get the 3rd seed, they will face the spurs(or 7th seed lol) in the second round. Looks like they'll get it too since their remaining schedule is easier than OKC's.

Charlie Sheen
03-04-2016, 06:40 AM
Nah, out of the West the Thunder and the Spurs still pose a bigger threat. The Spurs have the basketball IQ, but might lack athleticism & talent vs Golden State, the Thunder have the talent to match Golden State, but their basketball IQ is pretty bad.

I see no advantages the Clippers have over Golden State.

I don't think you were careful enough with your words. The Thunder do not have the talent to match Golden State. OKC's superstar duo make up a bit of the difference, but it's still not all that close between the two teams talent makeup.

retaxis
03-04-2016, 08:07 AM
I don't think you were careful enough with your words. The Thunder do not have the talent to match Golden State. OKC's superstar duo make up a bit of the difference, but it's still not all that close between the two teams talent makeup.
Well it is very simple and your right
Thunder 4th quarter - Westbrook ISO and Durant ISO

where as Clippers can rely on Chris Paul and Doc Rivers leadership and X and Os

raprap
03-04-2016, 08:41 AM
Paul needs to dominate every game if they want a chance. I still think the Thunder has the best chance tho. They just need to figure out to play better defense. Westbrook and Durant need to step up defensively. No excuses how they still somehow suck at that end. Ibaka too.

StephHamann
03-04-2016, 08:42 AM
Not saying they will but they got a better chance than spurs

Cp3 is going to go hard at curry, Blake can get dray into foul trouble and so can Crawford against klay. Stars have to align for it to happen but it has happened before just a couple of yrs ago so they may do it again.

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

retaxis
03-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Paul needs to dominate every game if they want a chance. I still think the Thunder has the best chance tho. They just need to figure out to play better defense. Westbrook and Durant need to step up defensively. No excuses how they still somehow suck at that end. Ibaka too.
Yeah alls fair and is fair but Clippers have beaten the GSW in the playoffs before and the GSW have never beaten the clippers before. plus the match up issues and foul trouble that Paul/Grif can put on Steph/Dray is much greater than tony parker/LMA. Paul/Grif play a physical game and if they come out and set the tone e.g. a physical game they can have a shot.

P.S was waiting for some pre teen to put a gif up guess we got the first one of the night! he wins a freddo frog :applause: :applause:

plowking
03-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Thunder still have a good shot. If they finally figure out to keep the ball moving, they have all the right pieces to dominate the Warriors.

They are a more talented, and longer team than the Warriors. Nothing is stopping them but themselves.

Im Still Ballin
03-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Thunder still have a good shot. If they finally figure out to keep the ball moving, they have all the right pieces to dominate the Warriors.

They are a more talented, and longer team than the Warriors. Nothing is stopping them but themselves.
If only they had Jim Harden right now.

Dragonyeuw
03-04-2016, 10:38 AM

I just don't see their collective IQ's evolving, at least this season, to be able to outdo the Warriors. You pretty much have to execute perfectly to have a chance. Durant and Westbrook are top 5 players, but they aren't really a tandem until there is an established pecking order, and after all this time I don't see it ever happening.

I remember when Lebron and Wade first came together, the first year was 'my turn/your turn', it was Wade exiting his peak at 30 with the nagging injuries and willingly taking on that complimentary role( with Lebron coming into his peak) that ultimately made that duo work. Durant and Westbrook have been together 8 years, but still operate largely as individuals. Even Shaq and Kobe, as big as the egos were, actually played very well off each other during their run.

I would only say the Thunder have a shot in the sense that Durant is the only player in the league with the ability to go shot for shot with Curry, but he's got his own teammate competing for the spotlight and wanting to be the hero as well. They need to play ALOT smarter.

Out_In_Utah
03-04-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't see Clippers as keeping up with the Warriors. Curry owns CP3.

yobore
03-04-2016, 11:00 AM
Clippers have played Warriors close this season all season with no wins. I really don't think Blake is going to make a difference though when the Warriors give a full game's effort.

Curry owns CP3
Lately, Curry and Paul individually are a wash head-to-head.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=paulch01&p2=curryst01