PDA

View Full Version : Possible OJ Simpson murder weapon recovered 20 years later

HitandRun Reggie
03-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Knife recovered from Simpson's ex property. It was in the possession of an LAPD detective. Details sketchy and suspect, but that would be crazy if this proves to be true.

Out_In_Utah
03-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Double jeopardy laws need modified for situations when there is significant evidence found later.

HitandRun Reggie
03-04-2016, 01:00 PM
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-knife-found-on-o-j-simpson-property-being-tested-by-lapd-20160304-story.html

HitandRun Reggie
03-04-2016, 01:04 PM
If the knife was given to a cop years ago by a construction worker, why is this barely coming to light now? Shouldn't the cop be charged for harboring evidence? Lots of questions at the moment.

Myth
03-04-2016, 01:09 PM
^ They could get in trouble.

Sarcastic
03-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Double jeopardy laws need modified for situations when there is significant evidence found later.

No they don't. The law is in place for a reason. You don't get your life back if you are wrongly prosecuted of a crime. Mistakes are made on both sides. It's an imperfect system, but it is what it is.

stalkerforlife
03-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Oh yeah man, totally believable. Nothing was planted the first time around and there's no way they could do it again.

Out_In_Utah
03-04-2016, 02:08 PM
No they don't. The law is in place for a reason. You don't get your life back if you are wrongly prosecuted of a crime. Mistakes are made on both sides. It's an imperfect system, but it is what it is.
Actually they do over turn decisions and let people out if enough evidence comes out showing they are innocent. Those people often get huge payouts too. If info comes out that truly shows somebody was guilty, they should be sent to jail.

dazzer87
03-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Damn too bad they cant write this into one episode of The People vs. OJ. btw best tv show right now!

Sarcastic
03-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Actually they do over turn decisions and let people out if enough evidence comes out showing they are innocent. Those people often get huge payouts too. If info comes out that truly shows somebody was guilty, they should be sent to jail.

Yea but those people never get their years back. And there have been many people executed who were actually innocent. What do you do for them?

If you get rid of double jeopardy, here's what happens: prosecution can keep you in court forever by just withholding evidence, then after you're acquitted say "hey we have new evidence, get your lawyers again". A trial is not cheap. The law is in place for a reason, and a the reason is very good.

Thorpesaurous
03-04-2016, 02:54 PM
It would be interesting, but the chain of custody issues with this thing make it little more than a novelty item.

Out_In_Utah
03-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Yea but those people never get their years back. And there have been many people executed who were actually innocent. What do you do for them?

If you get rid of double jeopardy, here's what happens: prosecution can keep you in court forever by just withholding evidence, then after you're acquitted say "hey we have new evidence, get your lawyers again". A trial is not cheap. The law is in place for a reason, and a the reason is very good.
They would be risking their jobs and possibly jail time if they do that. Make it very illegal for them to do that in their practice and they will avoid it.

As for people who never get their years back, you can only do what you have control over. You aren't in control of the past. You can be in control of what happens in the future. The goal should always be to aim for justice. Letting somebody off and then later having a significant piece of evidence come out should not be a loop hole that prevents justice. If video was later discovered of a person murdering somebody in cold blood after a trial, it is not justice to let that person walk free just because it previously couldn't be proven.

Out_In_Utah
03-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Damn too bad they cant write this into one episode of The People vs. OJ. btw best tv show right now!
I've only seen an episode and a half, but it is definitely good.

Sarcastic
03-04-2016, 02:59 PM
They would be risking their jobs and possibly jail time if they do that. Make it very illegal for them to do that in their practice and they will avoid it.

As for people who never get their years back, you can only do what you have control over. You aren't in control of the past. You can be in control of what happens in the future. The goal should always be to aim for justice. Letting somebody off and then later having a significant piece of evidence come out should not be a loop hole that prevents justice. If video was later discovered of a person murdering somebody in cold blood after a trial, it is not justice to let that person walk free just because it previously couldn't be proven.

You understand you are arguing against the Constitution, correct?

DonDadda59
03-04-2016, 03:01 PM
Oh yeah man, totally believable. Nothing was planted the first time around and there's no way they could do it again.

This. After the frame up failed thanks to Johnnie Cochran and the Dream Team, they jammed up OJ on a ridiculous charge for simply trying to get his stolen property back.

#FREE OJ

Out_In_Utah
03-04-2016, 03:18 PM
You understand you are arguing against the Constitution, correct?
It wouldn't be the first time it needed amended.

Zach LaVine
03-04-2016, 03:20 PM
This. After the frame up failed thanks to Johnnie Cochran and the Dream Team, they jammed up OJ on a ridiculous charge for simply trying to get his stolen property back.

#FREE OJ
Maybe he should have called the police rather than showing up with a posse with guns (I think that is what happened, it has been a while).

Sarcastic
03-04-2016, 03:20 PM
It wouldn't be the first time it needed amended.

True, but protection against double jeopardy is pretty much accepted around the planet.

DonDadda59
03-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Maybe he should have called the police rather than showing up with a posse with guns (I think that is what happened, it has been a while).

33 years for taking back his own property. He was doomed from the start of the trial. The whole corrupt legal system was out for revenge.

A real travesty.

Zach LaVine
03-04-2016, 03:47 PM
33 years for taking back his own property. He was doomed from the start of the trial. The whole corrupt legal system was out for revenge.

A real travesty.
That may be, but you shouldn't take the law into your own hands and show up with guns if the police can do it legally for you. Especially when you are already a suspected murderer.

DonDadda59
03-04-2016, 03:58 PM
That may be, but you shouldn't take the law into your own hands and show up with guns if the police can do it legally for you. Especially when you are already a suspected murderer.

Don't tread on me. :mad:

Zach LaVine
03-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Don't tread on me. :mad:
Are you a suspected murderer?

DonDadda59
03-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Are you a suspected murderer?

"Allegedly."

Zach LaVine
03-04-2016, 04:18 PM
"Allegedly."
Have you been to trial for murder?

DonDadda59
03-04-2016, 04:22 PM
Have you been to trial for murder?

Fif (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERm_WNxGs1U)

Zach LaVine
03-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Fif (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERm_WNxGs1U)
That's not what the fifth amendment even does. :lol

DonDadda59
03-04-2016, 04:32 PM
That's not what the fifth amendment even does. :lol

http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/AP_donald_trump_2_jt_150719_16x9_992.jpg

"Believe me, the fif amendment does what I tell it to do. Believe me. NO ONE tells the amendments what to do better than me."

Zach LaVine
03-04-2016, 04:38 PM
http://a.abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/AP_donald_trump_2_jt_150719_16x9_992.jpg

"Believe me, the fif amendment does what I tell it to do. Believe me. NO ONE tells the amendments what to do better than me."
:lol

bdreason
03-04-2016, 04:48 PM
Sounds like complete BS to me. Why would the police officer tell people he has the knife now, and open himself up to prosecution? The guy is probably delusional and bought the knife at a garage sale or something. :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
03-04-2016, 06:49 PM

#FREE OJ

Agreed.

And I think his son may have done it, but I don't know.

If his son did it and he covered for him, OJ is such a great man.

No offense intended toward the families, but Nicole Brown was a monster of a human being.

Godzuki
03-04-2016, 10:15 PM
TBH it doesn't mean anything. black people sided with OJ because he was black, it had zero to do with him really being a murderer. thats how strong the PC pro black movement has bamboozled most of America,....dont underestimate the influence of the pro athletes, entertainers, etc. who have more influence than anyone else in this country :coleman:

it makes me laff how black people want to call hollywood white when the media aka pro liberal movement is so pro black to a fault it is basically jedi mind tricking low IQ white/azn/etc. people into believing in it :biggums: