PDA

View Full Version : Wade & Dragic

GrapeApe
03-05-2016, 12:44 AM
Over the past 6 games

Wade: 24/6/5 on 47%
Dragic: 17/8/4 on 48%

The Heat's back court is finally rounding into form and playing the way the Heat envisioned. Dragic has looked like a different player since the Heat switched to a small-ball lineup and more uptempo style. The frustrating thing is they should have been playing that way all season. Spo will get credit for making the change, but in reality he fell ass backwards into it when Bosh went down.

I know it's doubtful, but if Bosh were to return the Heat would be a dangerous team with him starting at the 5 instead of Amare.

DoctorP
03-05-2016, 02:00 AM
:dancin

FKAri
03-05-2016, 02:13 AM
Why is Amare starting over Whiteside anyway? Before it was because he was coming off injury. But still? Is this a move to keep his ego in check or what?

Dresta
03-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Why is Amare starting over Whiteside anyway? Before it was because he was coming off injury. But still? Is this a move to keep his ego in check or what?
Because there's no need to change things when they're working well, and the team is clicking for the first time this season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And Amare has been playing well of late. Whiteside has been a monster off the bench. Miami's best ft shooter :bowdown:

GrapeApe
03-05-2016, 03:16 AM
Because there's no need to change things when they're working well, and the team is clicking for the first time this season. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

And Amare has been playing well of late. Whiteside has been a monster off the bench. Miami's best ft shooter :bowdown:

Whiteside's improvement at the line has been remarkable. He definitely put an end to that hack-a strategy. As for him not being a starter, I think he's settling into his role as a double double machine off the bench. He's basically playing the same minutes as before, just at a different spot in the rotation. Like you said, if it ain't broke dont fix it.

In addition to the "big 3" of Wade, Dragic, and Whiteside all playing well, Deng's effectiveness at the 4 has been a huge factor in the Heat's change of dynamic.

Jasper
03-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Right now Miami is the surprise team of the league...

They are winning in ways that only a first class coach gets them to.

I doubt they will get past Toronto and Cav's ,,, but they are having an amazing mid season come back.

Dragic has found his way :D

IncarceratedBob
03-05-2016, 11:34 AM
cool. they still aint winning shit lol

GrapeApe
03-05-2016, 04:56 PM

You could say that for all but 2-3 teams in the league. Obviously a championship is the ultimate goal, but that isn't realistic for the majority of the league.

coin24
03-05-2016, 04:59 PM

Will be hilarious when they beat the cavs in the playoffs:lol

Wade's Rings
03-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Will be hilarious when they beat the cavs in the playoffs:lol

:applause:

@OP Dragic has finally been earning his money and the Offense has looked amazing. Wade usually plays better after the All-Star break so it's good to see him pick it up in a big stretch for us.

WayOfWade
03-05-2016, 06:31 PM
While this is great, I honestly just want Wade and the Heat to play Bron and the Cavs in the playoffs, that's my dream. With the Heat's backcourt playing this good as of late, that's definitely a possibility.

Wiggins23
03-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Hopefully they can give clevland a run in the po

GrapeApe
03-05-2016, 07:31 PM
While this is great, I honestly just want Wade and the Heat to play Bron and the Cavs in the playoffs, that's my dream. With the Heat's backcourt playing this good as of late, that's definitely a possibility.

The funny thing is, there's a better chance of that happening if the Heat are the 4th seed. Conventional wisdom says it's better to be the 3rd seed and potentially avoid the Cavs until the ECF. However, if you have to go through them one way or another it may be better to get them earlier.

That being said, I'd much rather have the 3rd seed.