PDA

View Full Version : Not So Super Saturday thread: Louisiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Maine and Nebraska

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Louisiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Maine and Nebraska vote today.

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Cruz won Kansas and leads in Maine in very early results.

Cactus-Sack
03-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Could be a big day for Cruz.

NumberSix
03-05-2016, 08:20 PM
All closed primaries/caucuses.

Trump's main strength is that he brings in lots of new voters. Independants and democrats. These people can't vote in these closed primaries/caucuses. These guys are truly losers if they can't beat Trump in these closed states.

bladefd
03-05-2016, 08:25 PM
rofl, CNN once again cut from Bernie when he starts talking about corporations and rigged campaign system/media and go to discussing Hillary and Bernie with their panel. Unbelievable. :facepalm

They did it on super tuesday too with Bernie right when he went off against corrupt campaign finance system. They just cut him off in the middle of the speech to go talk about Hillary with their panel (they played Hillary's full speech with no interruptions).

DonDadda59
03-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Chewing's pro Cruz anti Trump campaign is finally paying off.

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Republicans vote in four states and Democrats in three.

Cactus-Sack
03-05-2016, 09:14 PM
I think Cruz still has a decent chance of winning Kentucky despit being 10 points down at this stage because of he is the closest candidate to Rand Paul. Maine was won by Ron Paul 4 years ago, and it would seem Cruz has been able to pick up most of those votes

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 09:15 PM
I think Cruz still has a decent chance of winning Kentucky despit being 10 points down at this stage because of he is the closest candidate to Rand Paul. Maine was won by Ron Paul 4 years ago, and it would seem Cruz has been able to pick up most of those votes
maybe misheard cnn :oldlol:

nvm

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Bernie is reportedly doing very well in Nebraska, Maine, and Kansas.

Patrick Chewing
03-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Chewing's pro Cruz anti Trump campaign is finally paying off.

#DumpTrump baby!!! We doing big things!!!

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 09:25 PM
we really need to move to all primaries instead of primaries and caucuses.

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Bernie takes Kansas :applause:

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 09:30 PM
It seems like the Dems are waiting to show any actual results before Louisiana is counted to protect hildog :oldlol:

NumberSix
03-05-2016, 09:32 PM
WTF is taking Maine so long?

Draz
03-05-2016, 09:33 PM
More Cruz comes up closer to Trump, the worst it is for the GOP. Split the votes

Patrick Chewing
03-05-2016, 09:36 PM
If Rubio and Kasich would just drop out already, Cruz would have this nomination in the bag.

If you combine Cruz's current delegate count with that of Rubio's and Kasich's, it's a no contest.

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 09:38 PM
If Rubio and Kasich would just drop out already, Cruz would have this nomination in the bag.

If you combine Cruz's current delegate count with that of Rubio's and Kasich's, it's a no contest.
Kasich's demographic would lean towards Trump over Cruz.

Cactus-Sack
03-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Kasich is staying in to help Trump so he can be VP.

Rubio will drop out after he loses Florida

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 09:54 PM
Big day for the cruz campaign

Smook B
03-05-2016, 09:56 PM
Cruz won in Trump territory impressive.

dude77
03-05-2016, 10:03 PM
cruz with the maine upset :mad: no biggie though .. 12-9 delegates

NumberSix
03-05-2016, 10:04 PM

Hmmmm... Cruz has actually under performed. Rubio will probably perform better than Cruz in the upcoming states. These southern/heavily evangelical states are Cruz's base.

Cruz is better than Trump on the issues, but don't you have any worry that if he wins the nomination that the democrats will sue to have him taken off the ballot?

Smook B
03-05-2016, 10:07 PM
What's taking Kentucky so long Trump has a steady lead.

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 10:08 PM
Bernie takes Nebraska and Kansas, hildog defo gonna get Louisiana by big margins. Probably best case scenario for bernie

Smook B
03-05-2016, 10:09 PM
Kentucky and Louisiana going to Trump.

dude77
03-05-2016, 10:11 PM
Louisiana = boom

Patrick Chewing
03-05-2016, 10:14 PM
Hmmmm... Cruz has actually under performed. Rubio will probably perform better than Cruz in the upcoming states. These southern/heavily evangelical states are Cruz's base.

Cruz is better than Trump on the issues, but don't you have any worry that if he wins the nomination that the democrats will sue to have him taken off the ballot?

Rubio is done. Cooked. That much is evident by seeing how many states he's won compared to Cruz, let alone Trump. The longer he stays in the race, the more that helps Trump. If Republicans do not want Trump to win, then they need to get behind Cruz. Cruz is an all-around genuine and brilliant man. No insults, just policy and new ideas.

The Canada thing is a non-issue. You're the only one still talking about the Canada thing I think lol.

Dresta
03-05-2016, 10:20 PM
haha, Rubio getting railroaded. This has gotta be embarrassing for him, and all the establishment shills trying to prop him up.

NumberSix
03-05-2016, 10:27 PM
haha, Rubio getting railroaded. This has gotta be embarrassing for him, and all the establishment shills trying to prop him up.
The establishment has actually fcuked Rubio. It backfired. It looks too much like the establishment is trying to rig it for Little Marco.

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 10:29 PM
It seems like the Dems are waiting to show any actual results before Louisiana is counted to protect hildog :oldlol:
Early calls are based on exit polls. No exit polling in louisiana.

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Early calls are based on exit polls. No exit polling in louisiana.
They said Bernie won without releasing any exit polling information even ...

navy
03-05-2016, 10:33 PM

They better. Birthers need to get what's coming to them for the blatant hypocrisy. :oldlol:

NumberSix
03-05-2016, 10:42 PM
They better. Birthers need to get what's coming to them for the blatant hypocrisy. :oldlol:
The Republicans never sued to have Obama removed from the ballot.

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 10:46 PM
They said Bernie won without releasing any exit polling information even ...
I'm confused. They said Bernie won Louisiana?

I think I missed the point you were making.

navy
03-05-2016, 10:47 PM
The Republicans never sued to have Obama removed from the ballot.
Cause they would have lost. Not only was he born in Hawaii even if he wasnt the logic that Cruz is using to run also should have applied to him.

You cant tell me that birthers and Cruz voters dont overlap heavily.

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm confused. They said Bernie won Louisiana?

I think I missed the point you were making.
Caucuses ended at 7pm in kansas. Bernie was declared the winner in kansas around 7:45. There were no percentage points at any point released before the initial polls reported in in Louisiana (around 8:20).

NumberSix
03-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Cause they would have lost. Not only was he born in Hawaii even if he wasnt the logic that Cruz is using to run also should have applied to him.I agree. I don't think either of them are eligible.

You cant tell me that birthers and Cruz voters dont overlap heavily.
Pretty sure the birthers are in the Trump camp.

navy
03-05-2016, 10:54 PM
I agree. I don't think either of them are eligible.

Pretty sure the birthers are in the Trump camp.
lol, your a birther? :lol

This scenario implies Trump loses

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 11:00 PM
One interesting thing that is occurring is Lousiana allowed early voting.
If you look at the election day votes Cruz is doing very well and Rubio doing very poorly. Trump seems to be down a bit too.

This could mean that the most recent debate helped Cruz and hurt Rubio and Trump.

Rubio needs 20% to get any delegates from LA.

NumberSix
03-05-2016, 11:01 PM
lol, your a birther? :lol

This scenario implies Trump loses
No. Obama was obviously born in Hawaii.

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 11:02 PM
Caucuses ended at 7pm in kansas. Bernie was declared the winner in kansas around 7:45. There were no percentage points at any point released before the initial polls reported in in Louisiana (around 8:20).
Is that because it was a caucus though?

navy
03-05-2016, 11:05 PM
No. Obama was obviously born in Hawaii.
Alright , alright.

I guess I just wanna see some irony play out. In any case, it's time to get the law settled in court regardless.

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 11:05 PM
One interesting thing that is occurring is Lousiana allowed early voting.
If you look at the election day votes Cruz is doing very well and Rubio doing very poorly. Trump seems to be down a bit too.

This could mean that the most recent debate helped Cruz and hurt Rubio and Trump.

Rubio needs 20% to get any delegates from LA.

A couple of people on Twitter have said the Louisiana call for Trump may have been premature.

TheSilentKiller
03-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Is that because it was a caucus though?
Definitely not. This isn't how they handled any of the previous caucuses' like Iowa and even Nebraska today :oldlol:

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 11:18 PM
I think Trump had a 25 point lead in LA when they called it.

It's about 4.5 points right now with 2413 of 3934 precincts reporting.

Early call was wrong. Still could be Cruz's win.

FillJackson
03-05-2016, 11:31 PM
All closed primaries/caucuses.

Trump's main strength is that he brings in lots of new voters. Independants and democrats. These people can't vote in these closed primaries/caucuses. These guys are truly losers if they can't beat Trump in these closed states.
There are two problems with that argument, though. The first is that Trump has been winning Republican voters in most states, or doing just as well with both Republicans and independents. The second problem is Nevada.

If we look at data from entrance and exit polls for a slew of early states (as reported by CNN), you can see that Trump did as well or better with Republicans than he did with independents in 11 of the 13 states . In only two, South Carolina and Arkansas, did he do better with independents.

In other words, Trump would have done just as well in those states if no independents had voted. In fact, in a place like Alabama, he would have done better if no independents had shown up.

And then there's Nevada. It, too, was a closed caucus. And Trump won by a wide margin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/05/reality-check-donald-trump-is-not-winning-because-of-independents/

Cactus-Sack
03-06-2016, 12:00 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/03/05/reality-check-donald-trump-is-not-winning-because-of-independents/
You don't think he got anyone to register (R)? I haven't bothered to look at the data of this year vs 2012, but from what I understand turnout is way up.

FillJackson
03-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Trump going to win LA by about 3.5 points. wonder what the delegate split will be.

Patrick Chewing
03-06-2016, 12:15 AM
Stupid Rubio and Kasich. Over 50,000 votes between the two of them, giving the victory to Trump in KY.

Im Still Ballin
03-06-2016, 12:17 AM
Stupid Rubio and Kasich. Over 50,000 votes between the two of them, giving the victory to Trump in KY.
Big D Trump jizzing all UP IN YO FACE!

dude77
03-06-2016, 12:20 AM
I step out for a min to get some food .. come back and trump is up by 3.7 in LA :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

FillJackson
03-06-2016, 12:25 AM
I step out for a min to get some food .. come back and trump is up by 3.7 in LA :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Votes that happened today are yugely pro-Cruz.

Patrick Chewing
03-06-2016, 12:41 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cc1p0hfVIAASLws.jpg:large

Found this on Twitter. You Trumpians will enjoy.

DeuceWallaces
03-06-2016, 01:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYarJpwJ8Io

FillJackson
03-06-2016, 01:25 AM
Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn
Compared to our Super Tuesday-based estimates, Trump stayed totally flat, Cruz surged, Rubio collapsed

NumberSix
03-06-2016, 01:32 AM
Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn
Compared to our Super Tuesday-based estimates, Trump stayed totally flat, Cruz surged, Rubio collapsed
Little Marco tried to take on The Donald and he got Jeb'd.

Terahite
03-06-2016, 02:02 AM
Don't believe the "Cruz" PR scheme, Trump is our next president. Book it here. :cheers:

FillJackson
03-06-2016, 02:08 AM
Delegates from tonight

Cruz 64
Trump 49
Rubio 13
Kasich 9

Clinton 55
Sanders 47

dude77
03-06-2016, 03:13 AM
sanders wins more states and he still can't win more delegates .. must be frustrating

bladefd
03-06-2016, 04:10 AM
sanders wins more states and he still can't win more delegates .. must be frustrating

Michigan will determine whether Bernie has a realistic shot or not. If Hillary wins Michigan by a big margin, it is over for Bernie. If Hillary wins by a small margin then Bernie still has a shot if he can somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat by winning big in Florida or California or New york or Ohio - which is not likely. Bernie has to win Michigan by any margin to cut into the 197 regular delegate lead Hillary has.

As for the GOP side, I believe Rubio is close to finished. If he loses Florida, it's a nail in the coffin. Kasich is getting screwed big time by GOP dummies. He is the only candidate that can win the general election from GOP, but apparently people don't see it. Ah well, their loss :hammerhead:

I have a bad feeling about the upcoming election in November. Trump is the most hated candidate. Hillary is second most. Looks like they will be facing off :facepalm