PDA

View Full Version : Never really watched GSW games: Has Curry always been this good?

TAZORAC
03-06-2016, 07:00 AM
I've never really watched GSW games for all these years, has Curry been this good? I remember Curry in 2000 something summer games, and he was shyt on defense because he was so physically weak, and was just a shooter, ended up getting benched by Coach K and didn't see much action.

I remember him always being out with a little ankle injury, all of a sudden this guy is an animal, hitting 3's at will, hitting 3's on the dribble, and on the run. Has he always been this good because alot of people don't know, or don't seem to think about it BUT this is like his 7th season, its not like its his 2nd season.

He's still an awkward player though, because if you put Curry on a shit team, they'll still be shit.

keep-itreal
03-06-2016, 07:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGUmdSQFqU

Dresta
03-06-2016, 07:06 AM
The answer's no: he's only been this good this season.

kurple
03-06-2016, 07:54 AM
I remember Curry going in god mode against the Nuggets in the playoffs, in 2011 or 12

Thought it had more to do with Andre Miller and George Karl sucking at defence at the time

bigt
03-06-2016, 07:57 AM
He was always good. In the last three or so years he's been great. This season though he's taken it up several notches.

pauk
03-06-2016, 09:06 AM
Nope! He was still probably the greatest pure shooter in the league and one of the greatest at that ive seen but he was just your regular 20-23 ppg pure shooting PG, nothing out of the ordinary, didnt think of him or his shooting ability over the level of guys Reggie Miller or Ray Allen or Glen Rice or Mark Price or Steve Nash... or even Klay Thompson.... but this season he took a step into a whole different dimension of pure shooting, where no pure shooter was able to walk before... we saw some flashes of that transformation last season, this season he is the most productive pure shooter especially from long range ever, hence doing things/is the type of player ive never seen before just hoisting millions of 3's from 30-40 feet at a record breaking rate & efficiency, after crossing you up.... you know he is gona shoot, everybody knows, he still flicks it up there and SWISH... its like a guy is in the zone / on fire 24-7....

theaussieguy
03-06-2016, 10:07 AM
the thing with Curry is he has been on a linear improvement since the 2013 season, he didn't just come from nowhere. He breaks the 3 point record i think in the 2013 season, then again the 2014 season, then 2015 and now in 2016 again. Its pretty insane, he has been on a steady rise for the last 4 years.

ArbitraryWater
03-06-2016, 10:12 AM
I remember Curry going in god mode against the Nuggets in the playoffs, in 2011 or 12

Thought it had more to do with Andre Miller and George Karl sucking at defence at the time

that would be 2013.. I dont understand being so off on the years, when its such a short while back, as freakin fan of the team... no recollection of Melo in 2011, his trade, the OKC series? 2012 LAL? Ty being so good and making them underdog contenders in '13... that being Curry's breakout year.. hm.

As for OP, you aint foolin no one with this obvious troll.

Dragonyeuw
03-06-2016, 10:30 AM
No, or you'd have heard about him before in the way he's all over the news at the moment. He's been getting 'best shooter ever' talk at least the last 3-4 years, but it's pretty much become unanimous the last two years and this one in particular.

Cali Syndicate
03-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Nope! He was still probably the greatest pure shooter in the league and one of the greatest at that ive seen but he was just your regular 20-23 ppg pure shooting PG, nothing out of the ordinary, didnt think of him or his shooting ability over the level of guys Reggie Miller or Ray Allen or Glen Rice or Mark Price or Steve Nash... or even Klay Thompson.... but this season he took a step into a whole different dimension of pure shooting, where no pure shooter was able to walk before... we saw some flashes of that transformation last season, this season he is the most productive pure shooter especially from long range ever, hence doing things/is the type of player ive never seen before just hoisting millions of 3's from 30-40 feet at a record breaking rate & efficiency, after crossing you up.... you know he is gona shoot, everybody knows, he still flicks it up there and SWISH... its like a guy is in the zone / on fire 24-7....

What are you talking bout? As a shooter, he's always been great. Rookie curry Was already foreshadowing that he was going to be one of the greatest shooter of all time. He was basically breaking 3pt records from the get go - most 3pt made in a season as a rookie (which now belongs to Lillard, but took him an additional 120 attempts for one extra make!) + record for x number of 3pt made at x% (40% I believe). Then once he healed that ankle bug, started breaking the total 3pt made season after season. And if you thought he was nothing but a pure shooting guard, that just means you weren't watching him. He became of the handful of rookies to drop a triple double, on 30 points no less and even a near 40 point triple double, also ended up with multiple 30-10 games and over a dozen of your favorite 25-5-5 marks. And this is playing along side monta Ellis. And it wasn't even the assist marks that proved anything, watching him you could see his court vision was way ahead of the curve for guards in his draft not to mention he came in the league learning the position on the go. And his passing skill was already up there. Watch some of his highlights as a rookie, he was rookie Nash with his half court alley oops. In 2013, started making his mark as the dangerous scorer he would become with the 54 on the Knicks and the way he dominated the nuggets in the playoffs. 2014 led the league in 30 and 10 games...so yeah, no.

As for op, has he been "this" good? No. He's having an all time elite type of season. But he's always been really good. Should've won roy imo, to Evans to basically have the best season of his career to take that away from him. Curry has always came in the next season having strengthened his weaknesses. They said he had no midrange, fixed that. Said he needed to work on his left hand, fixed that. Worked on his floaters, worked on his court vision, extended his range....I didn't think he'd attain the level he's playing at now but considering his work ethic, I guess it shouldn't be that surprising.

feyki
03-06-2016, 11:07 AM
He was always good since his highschool days . Been genius player everytime .

But he played with Ellis in his first two nba years . And He injured and played only around 25 games in his third year . And finally he stayed healthy or didn't faced trouble(like Ellis) , And been best point guard at 2013 in my book ( also top 5 player of the league) . And from those days , he grown day and day . He's the best along two years . He was the top 5 since 2013 .

Duderonomy
03-06-2016, 11:21 AM
Nobody picked GS to win the 2015 finals at the start of the season. In fact there was some debate why Kerr took alittle less money to coach the lesser talented Knicks.

Curry was always an excellent 3pt shooter but was injury prone. His first contract extension was 4y/44m . That should tell you all you need to know.

DMV2
03-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Steph's always been a great shooter. But playing behind Monta and not being a winning team couldnt justify him getting thw greenlight to lit it up.

once monta left and the warriors became a playoff team, he's gotten the greenlight to lit it up whenever to become a great shooter and one of the top scorers. And now the warriors are a championship team, his greatness is in tge spotlight.

So winning is part of his greatness too.

MiseryCityTexas
03-06-2016, 11:41 AM
This thread proves that theres a bunch of bandwagoners in here. Curry was in the league waaay back in 2010, yet nobody gave a **** about this guy back then because his teams were losing.

Rocketswin2013
03-06-2016, 11:52 AM
his skill level improvement has been in maximum overdrive for 3 years now.

in '13 he was underrated, '14 overrated, '15 and '16 fairly rated.

why do people want to revise history with this guy? he was never, ever even close to this until now.

thefatmiral
03-06-2016, 11:55 AM
I took notice 3 years ago when he almost took out the spurs. Greatest was coming, and future was gs

yobore
03-06-2016, 12:00 PM
He wasn't this good as an NBA player but he was the best college player I'd ever seen. He was still launching the long bombs back then in a bad conference, it was really fun to watch, they were double teaming him off the ball.

MiseryCityTexas
03-06-2016, 12:09 PM
Most so-called Warriors fans can't even tell you how good David Lee was back in the day.:oldlol:

WorldWarriors
03-06-2016, 12:11 PM
He wasn't this good as an NBA player but he was the best college player I'd ever seen. He was still launching the long bombs back then in a bad conference, it was really fun to watch, they were double teaming him off the ball. Yeah that tourney was crazy. He upset a couple of teams.

Dragonyeuw
03-06-2016, 12:13 PM
This thread proves that theres a bunch of bandwagoners in here. Curry was in the league waaay back in 2010, yet nobody gave a **** about this guy back then because his teams were losing.

5 years ago, there was no need to gush over this guy. Rose and Westbrook were pretty much getting the press as up and coming star PGs at that point, and CP3 was basically considered the best PG. It's only the past 2 seasons that Curry has earned the kind of praise being heaped upon him nowadays.

Cali Syndicate
03-06-2016, 01:01 PM
5 years ago, there was no need to gush over this guy. Rose and Westbrook were pretty much getting the press as up and coming star PGs at that point, and CP3 was basically considered the best PG. It's only the past 2 seasons that Curry has earned the kind of praise being heaped upon him nowadays.

Including this season, Curry has been in the league 7 years. 5 years ago, Curry was on a hapless Warriors team and was rolling his ankle injury every other week. But even then, head to head, Curry held his own and outplayed both Rose and Westbrook many times during those rookie and sophomore years....it's just being on the Warriors, nobody really cared.

Wasnt until Curry's 4th season the Warriors made the playoffs and gained himself any sort of national recognition while Rose and Westbrook were on playoff contenders early on.

Euroleague
03-06-2016, 01:22 PM
What are you talking bout? As a shooter, he's always been great. Rookie curry Was already foreshadowing that he was going to be one of the greatest shooter of all time. He was basically breaking 3pt records from the get go - most 3pt made in a season as a rookie (which now belongs to Lillard, but took him an additional 120 attempts for one extra make!) + record for x number of 3pt made at x% (40% I believe). Then once he healed that ankle bug, started breaking the total 3pt made season after season. And if you thought he was nothing but a pure shooting guard, that just means you weren't watching him. He became of the handful of rookies to drop a triple double, on 30 points no less and even a near 40 point triple double, also ended up with multiple 30-10 games and over a dozen of your favorite 25-5-5 marks. And this is playing along side monta Ellis. And it wasn't even the assist marks that proved anything, watching him you could see his court vision was way ahead of the curve for guards in his draft not to mention he came in the league learning the position on the go. And his passing skill was already up there. Watch some of his highlights as a rookie, he was rookie Nash with his half court alley oops. In 2013, started making his mark as the dangerous scorer he would become with the 54 on the Knicks and the way he dominated the nuggets in the playoffs. 2014 led the league in 30 and 10 games...so yeah, no.

As for op, has he been "this" good? No. He's having an all time elite type of season. But he's always been really good. Should've won roy imo, to Evans to basically have the best season of his career to take that away from him. Curry has always came in the next season having strengthened his weaknesses. They said he had no midrange, fixed that. Said he needed to work on his left hand, fixed that. Worked on his floaters, worked on his court vision, extended his range....I didn't think he'd attain the level he's playing at now but considering his work ethic, I guess it shouldn't be that surprising.

Let's get real here and cut the bullshit, he was not that good of a player until the 2014-15 season. With that being said, he's been in total God mode ever since then.

He's probably doing an insane amount of PEDs - like the amount Wilt was doing back in the 60s.

WorldWarriors
03-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Including this season, Curry has been in the league 7 years. 5 years ago, Curry was on a hapless Warriors team and was rolling his ankle injury every other week. But even then, head to head, Curry held his own and outplayed both Rose and Westbrook many times during those rookie and sophomore years....it's just being on the Warriors, nobody really cared.

Wasnt until Curry's 4th season the Warriors made the playoffs and gained himself any sort of national recognition while Rose and Westbrook were on playoff contenders early on.

This.

And with Kerr being out, he got a chance to play a little more loose. That's why people are seeing some more of his crazy shots. Kerr tried to minimize those antics.

juju151111
03-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Let's get real here and cut the bullshit, he was not that good of a player until the 2014-15 season. With that being said, he's been in total God mode ever since then.

He's probably doing an insane amount of PEDs - like the amount Wilt was doing back in the 60s.
He broke the 3 record in 13. He was been good. He just had ankle injury early on and had to focus on that in the offseason. Since 13 through he been getting better.

Euroleague
03-06-2016, 01:28 PM

https://media0.giphy.com/media/I4JQUUxjgy9RS/200.gif

Euroleague
03-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Pumping someone with enough PEDs a player a better shooter.

That's a new science eh?

Anyone with an IQ over 50 can see that doping helps to increase your long range shooting distance.

If you can't figure that out, you are a brain dead dumb ****.

PJR
03-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Anyone with an IQ over 50 can see that doping helps to increase your long range shooting distance.

You are seriously a f*cking idiot. Can you die, please?

DMV2
03-06-2016, 01:34 PM

HGH/PED also help the ball go in 51% of the time?

Euroleague
03-06-2016, 01:35 PM
He broke the 3 record in 13. He was been good. He just had ankle injury early on and had to focus on that in the offseason. Since 13 through he been getting better.

I've been watching Curry plenty since 2010. He was not even really a good player until last season. People saying otherwise are either totally lying, or they just started watching him. Or they are just completely full of shit all the way around.

I'm not bashing Curry, he's definitely my favorite NBA player to watch play by far last season and this season, and he's clearly the best player in the NBA, but he was nothing more than a good shooter before last season, and the other areas of his game other than shooting were pretty average (or worse than that) before last season.

Euroleague
03-06-2016, 01:37 PM
You are seriously a f*cking idiot. Can you die, please?

HGH/PED also help the ball go in 51% of the time?

Anyone that says doping does not increase your long distance shooting ability is absolutely mentally handicapped.

Cali Syndicate
03-06-2016, 01:52 PM
I've been watching Curry plenty since 2010. He was not even really a good player until last season. People saying otherwise are either totally lying, or they just started watching him. Or they are just completely full of shit all the way around.

I'm not bashing Curry, he's definitely my favorite NBA player to watch play by far last season and this season, and he's clearly the best player in the NBA, but he was nothing more than a good shooter before last season, and the other areas of his game other than shooting were pretty average (or worse than that) before last season.

No you havent. No one was watching the warriors in 2010 except actual Warriors fans.

Cali Syndicate
03-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Per my above statement, point proven.

Dragonyeuw
03-06-2016, 02:31 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/I4JQUUxjgy9RS/200.gif

I don't know what the purpose of this gif is. Who was considered a better PG than CP3 back in 2010 when Curry came into the league?

juju151111
03-06-2016, 02:32 PM

He been a good player since his rookie year. He then got setbacks because of his ankle. You don't know shit about Curry. He was the bes 3 point shooter even before 15.

MiseryCityTexas
03-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Must also help with passing. Bet Rubio uses PEDs

PEDs, magically give you skills and strength.

Lol Rashard Lewis was an All Star caliber player before he got caught with PEDS.:oldlol: He was a totally different player in Seattle when he stayed on roids.

Dragonyeuw
03-06-2016, 02:34 PM

That's fair enough, I agree with that.