PDA

View Full Version : Can someone plz explain how Curry got so fkin good??

JZ600
03-06-2016, 10:35 AM
How do you go from amazing shooter in early 2015 to greatest of all time BY FAR shooter in a couple months. How does this happen?

Confidence?

We talkin about practice?

juju151111
03-06-2016, 10:43 AM
How do you go from amazing shooter in early 2015 to greatest of all time BY FAR shooter in a couple months. How does this happen?

Confidence?

We talkin about practice?
He been the greatest 3 point shooter before last year.

L.A. Jazz
03-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Talent
Hard work
Opportunity

JZ600
03-06-2016, 11:25 AM
He been the greatest 3 point shooter before last year.
Debatable early 2015

No for 2014

ralph_i_el
03-06-2016, 11:29 AM
He shot 43% as a rookie and besides injury has been constantly improving since Day 1

This didn't happen overnight.

navy
03-06-2016, 11:34 AM
He's been the best 3 point shooter for a few years now. Yall just made excuses for it.

WorldWarriors
03-06-2016, 12:00 PM
He has always had the 3 ball even in college. He single handedly took his obscure school pretty far in the NCAA tournament upsetting Gonzaga and Georgetown IIRC. Of course not many thought he could do it in the NBA. He was drafted into a team with a bunch of drama but still managed to have a good rookie season. But soon after, the ankle problems popped up. Once he overcame those issues worked hard on improving his handles which he did not have coming into the league. Just a combination of building on his foundation, hard work and experience.

He's always had confidence but Kerr usually kept his shooting in check. With Kerr being out for most of the season Steph was able to play the way he wanted.

MiseryCityTexas
03-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Curry instantly became better after they traded shot chucking Ellis. Warriors fans were mad at first when management got rid of Ellis.:oldlol: They used to boo the GM for that all the time smh.

Kvnzhangyay
03-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Curry instantly became better after they traded shot chucking Ellis. Warriors fans were mad at first when management got rid of Ellis.:oldlol: They used to boo the GM for that all the time smh.

Yeah cause we didn't think Klay was good enough yet

And Ellis was a fan favorite

lilteapot
03-06-2016, 02:55 PM
He got more aggressive. That's really it.

Harison
03-06-2016, 02:55 PM
Easy. He is an alien.

SamuraiSWISH
03-06-2016, 02:59 PM
The following perfect storm:

Gained muscle
Supreme confidence in ability
Continual ball handling improvement
Continual expansion of range (strength related)
Klay improved
Green improved
Team is supremely confident and full of weapons
Team as a whole spreads defenses very thin
Perennial championship team rapport and chemistry

I think Harden should've been MVP last year, and Curry obviously totally deserves it this season. No arguments elsewhere.

sd3035
03-06-2016, 03:10 PM
His skills were always there, they came from endless hours of drilling things that others only try in a game of Horse.

The breakthrough came when he began intensive strength training, along with adjusting his posture during quick movements. It allowed his muscles to take the majority of the stress away from his ailing ankles. His increased strength also allowed for minor improvements in his overall game in many other ways

Milbuck
03-06-2016, 03:11 PM
He was pretty easily the best long distance shooter for a few years before this. He's just improving like every player should, it's just that his starting point was already GOAT-tier (as a shooter).

Pointguard
03-06-2016, 03:19 PM
The following perfect storm:

Gained muscle
Supreme confidence in ability
Continual ball handling improvement
Continual expansion of range (strength related)
Klay improved
Green improved
Team is supremely confident and full of weapons
Team as a whole spreads defenses very thin
Perennial championship team rapport and chemistry

I think Harden should've been MVP last year, and Curry obviously totally deserves it this season. No arguments elsewhere.
This. I was going to write my five points of benefits but you beat me to it.

Optimal System/coach/chemistry
Near optimal support cast that knows how to set picks and punish when he's defended.
Confidence
Great spacing
Just as his peak hit

JimmyMcAdocious
03-06-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't think someone just gets as confident as Curry. imo, he's easily the most confident (good) player in the NBA right now. That doesn't happen overnight or even over a few seasons. Had to always be there and I'd guess his ankles were holding him back.

I'd say:
Staying healthy
Perfect team for him (both teammates and in scheme)
Improved handles and playmaking.

The first two being key.