LakersForlife
03-06-2016, 11:23 AM
players to slow.. they dont know hot to defend pick n roll

LAZERUSS
03-06-2016, 11:33 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Without benefit of the 3 pt shot?

He must have been kidding IF he made that ridiculous statement.

navy
03-06-2016, 11:34 AM
He said this? He's must have been joking.

MiseryCityTexas
03-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Wouldn't be shocked if he got burned by Archie Clark in the 70s.

jongib369
03-06-2016, 11:45 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Without benefit of the 3 pt shot?

He must have been kidding IF he made that ridiculous statement.
I'm not seeing it anywhere. But he's been getting some shots lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if he watched film and jabbed back. Even if he did, it's not like he's right. He might be a pro player in today's league, but they were speaking Russian to his Polish. Other than hand checking, which was different from handchecking in the 90s even he probably wouldn't know other rules

jongib369
03-06-2016, 11:46 AM
Wouldn't be shocked if he got burned by Archie Clark in the 70s.
He'd be a stud, no doubt. I could see him and Tiny having some great battles

Nikola_
03-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Bbbbut hed be called for travelling and carry doe
Forreal hed be a pretty good basketeer in the 60s no doubt. He is white so that would help.

Lebron23
03-06-2016, 11:51 AM
I hope he doesn't get cocky or believe in his own hype. He might get Rhonda Rousey'd and Mcgregor'd.

imnew09
03-06-2016, 11:56 AM
I hope he doesn't get cocky or believe in his own hype. He might get Rhonda Rousey'd and Mcgregor'd.

Hes not Lebron . Not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 finals losses with check my stats shirt :roll: :roll:

Lebron23
03-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Hes not Lebron . Not 1 not 2 not 3 but 4 finals losses with check my stats shirt :roll: :roll:

Curry is a cocky son of a b1tch.

WorldWarriors
03-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Link or it didn't happen.

WorldWarriors
03-06-2016, 12:17 PM
On the court.

WorldWarriors
03-06-2016, 12:19 PM
I'm not seeing it anywhere. But he's been getting some shots lately, so it wouldn't surprise me if he watched film and jabbed back. Even if he did, it's not like he's right. He might be a pro player in today's league, but they were speaking Russian to his Polish. Other than hand checking, which was different from handchecking in the 90s even he probably wouldn't know other rules

I don't see it either. Maybe OP will provide a link.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
03-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Post a link :confusedshrug:

Obviously he wouldn't average 50, but Steph being a FAR greater player in the 70s shouldn't even be argued. Now if dude was born in the 40s or 50s, and played for the same coaches, had the same workout regiments and nutritional advancements...totally different story. No modern player really benefits to be honest, which is why the pioneers of basketball are respected and celebrated.

They were innovators.

FreezingTsmoove
03-06-2016, 12:32 PM

Dont forget when Bran said "its gon be easy" then proceeded to embarass himself in the 2011 finals :lol

MiseryCityTexas
03-06-2016, 12:49 PM

All the 70s Knicks teams did was run the pick and roll. Walt Frazier would've given Curry major problems because Frazier's just like Gary Payton when it comes to playing defense.

hiphopfan777
03-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Lebron james is a good kid. Never got arrested . donated his shoes to a fan

Mr. Jabbar
03-06-2016, 01:06 PM

buried alive :lol

Euroleague
03-06-2016, 01:16 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/Ni4cpi0uUkd6U/200.gif

Lebronxrings
03-06-2016, 01:32 PM
its true. Get a current players stats and multiply it by 2 and thats what you'd get pre 2000s.

Dragonyeuw
03-06-2016, 02:28 PM
With the pace of the game then, the 3point shot in effect, and if Curry was simply saying take him as is and transplant him? Sure, but that could apply to any number of players. But if Curry came up in the 70's, he'd be a completely different player.

MiseryCityTexas
03-06-2016, 02:31 PM
With the pace of the game then, the 3point shot in effect, and if Curry was simply saying take him as is and transplant him? Sure, but that could apply to any number of players. But if Curry came up in the 70's, he'd be a completely different player.

Curry would be a midrange jump shooting beast if he had played in the 70s. He would still be knocking down long range bombs also, but of course they would only count as two points.

Dragonyeuw
03-06-2016, 02:37 PM
Curry would be a midrange jump shooting beast if he had played in the 70s. He would still be knocking down long range bombs also, but of course they would only count as two points.

Exactly. Presumably when he says he'd average 50 in the 70's, that he's suggesting that the 3 pointer would be in effect.

warriorfan
03-06-2016, 02:38 PM
AMC getting stans shook again :lol

soots
03-06-2016, 03:36 PM
With todays rules yes. But anyone with a niggling injury such as Currys Ankles would get exposed in bush league/bad boy era.

Heck even someone like Bruce Bowen would make Curry second guess himself everytime he left the ground for a jump shot.

oh the horror
03-06-2016, 03:37 PM
In an era where ankle support was converse chuck Taylor's and given Currys past with ankle issues this dude needs to relax.

Warriors players getting a bit high on their own fumes lately.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-06-2016, 03:37 PM
So anyone going to post a link or the actual quote?

tmacattack33
03-06-2016, 03:44 PM
Fukk all the subjective opinions of butt hurt old timers who don't want to be forgotten.

The FACT is that the talent pool (all people on earth who have at least played a pick up bball game or two) is ever increasing, due to the increasing popularity of the sport and even just the increasing population on earth, period.

This means that players today are probably better than players from decades ago.

And players in 2045 will probably be better than they are today. :confusedshrug: No big deal.

oh the horror
03-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Fukk all the subjective opinions of butt hurt old timers who don't want to be forgotten.

The FACT is that the talent pool (all people on earth who have at least played a pick up bball game or two) is ever increasing, due to the increasing popularity of the sport and even just the increasing population on earth, period.

This means that players today are probably better than players from decades ago.

And players in 2045 will probably be better than they are today. :confusedshrug: No big deal.

yet the league is notably softer which is something a lot of people acknowledge

quite the puzzle.

Straight_Ballin
03-06-2016, 03:46 PM

He's allowed to be. Such a privilege is only applicable to those who don't know how to lose in the finals.

Sarcastic
03-06-2016, 03:52 PM

Most of the population increases are coming from places where basketball just isn't played that much. How many Indian and Chinese players are making the NBA?

Yes, the potential pool of players is increasing, but the actual pool of talent has not increased as much as you think. It has gone up, but not by leaps and bounds.

nba_55
03-06-2016, 03:55 PM
So anyone going to post a link or the actual quote?

OP is lying.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
03-06-2016, 04:13 PM

Didn't Lebeta say he would get 40 if he took as many shots as Durant during Durants MVP season.

You stan the cockiest and most insecure player on the planet dude. :biggums: