PDA

View Full Version : J.K. Simmons will play Commissioner Gordon in Zack Snyder's Justice League

Lebron23
03-08-2016, 01:06 AM
http://cdn.movieweb.com/img.news.tops/NEOdOSXIaSSKTQ_2_b.jpg

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Oscar winner J.K. Simmons has been cast as Commissioner Gordon in the upcoming Justice League films. The announcement means that Simmons, probably best known for his turn as J. Jonah Jameson in the first Spider-Man trilogy, has made a big jump from Marvel to DC, news that will probably disappoint comics fans everywhere.

"Commissioner Gordon is one of Batman's most important supporting characters"

Commissioner Gordon is one of Batman's most important supporting characters, serving as a fellow crusader in the Dark Knight's war on crime. As police commissioner, he leads a corrupt police department while aiding Batman against villains like Two-Face and the Joker. A number of actors have played the role over the years, including Pat Hingle in the Batman '89 series of films, and Gary Oldman in The Dark Knight trilogy. Ben McKenzie currently fills Gordon's shoes in the Fox series Gotham.

Simmons took home the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor last year for his role in Whiplash. Today's news now means he'll be joining the likes of Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot onscreen when Justice League Part One hits theaters on November 17th, 2017.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/7/11174624/justice-league-casting-j-k-simmons-commissioner-gordon

From Jonah Jameson to Commissioner Gordon.

Im Still Ballin
03-08-2016, 01:09 AM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

good ass actor

I WANT PICTURES OF SPIDER MAN!

Cactus-Sack
03-08-2016, 01:43 AM
Shouldn't have been dropped from the spidey reboot. Perfect J Jonah Jameson

SexSymbol
03-08-2016, 01:50 AM
a really fitting casting tbh.
Though I think Oldman played this character as good as it gets

IcanzIIravor
03-08-2016, 01:50 AM
Shouldn't have been dropped from the spidey reboot. Perfect J Jonah Jameson

This. Some continuity would have done the reboot good. I'm sure he will make a decent Gordon, but he will always be J Jonah Jameson to me.

LJJ
03-08-2016, 07:04 AM
he will always be J Jonah Jameson to me.

http://s12.postimg.org/9ifgaif0r/5_personajes_de_oz_tan_malos_que_te_hacen_parece.g if

Myth
03-08-2016, 09:53 AM
I have no concerns overall with the choice, but it is odd to have him play Gordon after being Jameson.

ballinhun8
03-08-2016, 10:35 AM
I have no concerns overall with the choice, but it is odd to have him play Gordon after being Jameson.

If Reynolds was Lantern and now Deadpool, I'm sure we can accept Simmons being a Marvel then DC character.

Myth
03-08-2016, 11:58 AM
If Reynolds was Lantern and now Deadpool, I'm sure we can accept Simmons being a Marvel then DC character.
The difference is people want to forget about Green Lantern and that role actually added to Deadpool because of the 4th wall breaking. JK Simmons already killed it as Spidey's boss.

Bandito
03-08-2016, 12:05 PM
BUt if Marvel dont hire him why shouldn't he be Gordon?