PDA

View Full Version : Why the hell did I love force awakens when it came out?

Nilocon165
03-08-2016, 05:12 PM
JJ Abrams has a pretty mediocre imagination, nothing new was really brought to franchise and Kylo ren was one of the only interesting part of the film. Maybe it was because I thought Rey was hot, but this film didn't leave a long lasting impression on me like I thought it would've.

I didn't hate the movie. Just felt like it could've been done way better.

Episode 8 will be GREAT though. That's something I can guarantee.

EDIT: I didn't hate the movie ya dingus's I just think I overhyped it.

Jameerthefear
03-08-2016, 05:16 PM
it was a really forgettable movie. nothing really that special.

Nick Young
03-08-2016, 05:20 PM
it's a bomb ass movie, Bae Skywalker is the truth, cannot wait to see this bish go dark side.

Zach LaVine
03-08-2016, 05:22 PM
JJ Abrams has an awful imagination, nothing new was really brought to franchise and Kylo ren was the only interesting part of the film. Maybe it was because I thought Rey was hot, but this film didn't leave a long lasting impression on me like I thought it would've.
The new characters in general were good, and he nailed the feel of Star Wars, which is all people really wanted.

~primetime~
03-08-2016, 05:23 PM
Solid flick, took Star Wars back to it's roots and away from the prequels...that's what Star Wars fans wanted.

I look forward to the up coming films...ALL of them

Nilocon165
03-08-2016, 05:24 PM
it's a bomb ass movie, Bae Skywalker is the truth, cannot wait to see this bish go dark side.
Would Disney honestly want someone who is a inspiration and hero for young girls to go to the dark side?

Nick Young
03-08-2016, 05:26 PM
Would Disney honestly want someone who is a inspiration and hero for young girls to go to the dark side?
Yes.

Real people make mistakes.

Rey will go dark and then go light.

I believe that the moral of these movies will be the same moral as was found in the New Jedi Order.

Light side and dark side are both incorrect. Suppressing one side is wrong.

The best way to be is right in the middle-GRAY SIDE.

The cliffhanger of episode 8 will be Rey joining Snoke.

Book it.

Myth
03-08-2016, 05:26 PM
The new characters in general were good, and he nailed the feel of Star Wars, which is all people really wanted.
Pretty much.

Nilocon165
03-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Yes.

Real people make mistakes.

Rey will go dark and then go light.

I believe that the moral of these movies will be the same moral as was found in the New Jedi Order.

Light side and dark side are both incorrect. Suppressing one side is wrong.

The best way to be is right in the middle-GRAY SIDE.

The cliffhanger of episode 8 will be Rey joining Snoke.

Book it. that would definitely be an insane and awesome twist. I just don't see it happening

outbreak
03-08-2016, 05:34 PM
I think it's a solid film but it's not doing anything ground breaking.

I'm hoping they do a twist where Rey was a sith/dark jedi who attacked/turned bad at Luke's academy but rather than kill her they wiped her memory with the force and dumped her on that planet. Kinda follow the kotor storyline. maybe make snoke the guy luke was training who led the dark sect in his academy and Rey was his apprentice or something.

Nilocon165
03-08-2016, 05:39 PM
I think it's a solid film but it's not doing anything ground breaking.

I'm hoping they do a twist where Rey was a sith/dark jedi who attacked/turned bad at Luke's academy but rather than kill her they wiped her memory with the force and dumped her on that planet. Kinda follow the kotor storyline. maybe make snoke the guy luke was training who led the dark sect in his academy and Rey was his apprentice or something.
It's been confirmed that Snoke has been around since the clone wars so that wouldn't make any sense. And it's pretty much common knowledge (it even says it in the novel) that kylo was the one who turned on the academy

Nick Young
03-08-2016, 05:41 PM
that would definitely be an insane and awesome twist. I just don't see it happening
to me it seems like that's what they're setting up.

Luke fled because all of his trainees became evil. Now he tries to train Rey and she turns evil too.

Sets up an epic episode 9.

It is cliche but I think by the end of episode 8 Kylo Ren will be in the midst of a face turn and Luke Skywalker has to train him in order to get back Rey.

Also I think Finn and Poe are force sensitive too. Poe grew up next to a magical force tree and no pilot can be that good without the Force.

Kylo Ren stopped and stared at Finn at the beginning of the film because he could tell he was slightly force sensitive.

Nilocon165
03-08-2016, 05:46 PM
"it wasn't original!" or "too much of a rehash!" is literally the dumbest complaint of them all

watch this fam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbaliPyihCY
I actually liked the movie and never complained about it being rehashed. Just thought I acted like it was the best movie of all time when it came out and I'm saying it wasn't as good as I thought it was.

outbreak
03-08-2016, 06:00 PM
It's been confirmed that Snoke has been around since the clone wars so that wouldn't make any sense. And it's pretty much common knowledge (it even says it in the novel) that kylo was the one who turned on the academy
See these are the kinda things I hope they don't keep true. It seems too cliche and predictable if they stick to what we all think is common knowledge over the course of the new series.