PDA

View Full Version : So Dallas is essentially paying Wes Matthews (who is garbage) what Monta deserved

masonanddixon
03-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Plus an extra 15 Million. Unreal.

The most poorly managed franchise in the sport.

Get rid of the guy who orchestrated a Mavs first round upset over the Spurs if not for some of the worst officiating ever in Games 5 and 7, and then sign a role player instead coming off Achilles rupture.

**** you, Cuban.

ClipperRevival
03-09-2016, 12:46 AM
He tore his Achillies. Outside of a bad knee or back, that's like the worst injury to have as it robs you of your explosion. Pre-injury Wes was a valuable player in today's league. Hit the 3 and play D. I scratched my head when Dallas signed him too but they were willing to take the chance. He should be a tad more explosive next season.

DMAVS41
03-09-2016, 02:43 AM
Another terrible move by a joke front office.

I like Matthews...even playing this bad actually, but not anywhere near that price.

It all started with the horrendous Parsons signing and it's been terrible moves ever since.

The sad thing is... Deron and Zaza is probably better than DJ alone...

I told Mavs fans this year was a lost cause no matter what happened with DJ and they laughed...maybe now they'll get it.

When Dirk can't carry you night in night out anymore...and you are relying on Chandler Parsons...you simply aren't winning a lot of games.

What a pathetic showing Cuban and Nellie Jr. have had since 2003....just ****ing awful.

Can't draft and can't attract free agents...good combo.

CarlosBoozer
03-09-2016, 03:00 AM

I like Matthews...even playing this bad actually, but not anywhere near that price.

It all started with the horrendous Parsons signing and it's been terrible moves ever since.

I told Mavs fans this year was a lost cause no matter what happened with DJ and they laughed...maybe now they'll get it.

When Dirk can't carry you night in night out anymore...and you are relying on Chandler Parsons...you simply aren't winning a lot of games.

What a pathetic showing Cuban and Nellie Jr. have had since 2003....just ****ing awful.

There's always space in the Boozer/Curry fam :cheers:

masonanddixon
03-09-2016, 03:25 AM

Is Boozer even still alive?

DirkNowitzki41
03-09-2016, 03:52 AM
yep. letting monta walk was stupid. the guy played his ass off and did great in both playoff series we were in. letting him go to pay Wes Matthews a max contract when he is coming off a serious Achilles injury is just embarrassing

dirk cant carry this team night in, night out anymore. parsons is good but he is a 3rd option at best.

its amazing how often cuban has failed to properly build around dirk for his career. Every year we have a significantly new roster.. we arent winning shit like that.

CarlosBoozer
03-09-2016, 03:57 AM
Is Boozer even still alive?

physically? yes

nba? maybe :(

masonanddixon
03-09-2016, 04:19 AM
physically? yes

nba? maybe :(

Whats he up to? I haven't heard anything about him in like 5 years.

masonanddixon
03-09-2016, 04:20 AM
yep. letting monta walk was stupid. the guy played his ass off and did great in both playoff series we were in. letting him go to pay Wes Matthews a max contract when he is coming off a serious Achilles injury is just embarrassing

dirk cant carry this team night in, night out anymore. parsons is good but he is a 3rd option at best.

its amazing how often cuban has failed to properly build around dirk for his career. Every year we have a significantly new roster.. we arent winning shit like that.

Yes. The product around Dirk is absolutely repugnant.

And I could not agree more with you. Monta played his ass off every night, literally only missed a game if he was absolutely forced out by injury and the team treated him like shit, especially with the Rondo trade. I'm disgusted by Cuban.

CarlosBoozer
03-09-2016, 04:24 AM
Whats he up to? I haven't heard anything about him in like 5 years.
Laying low, he's made over $100m. No rush for a contract :cheers:

masonanddixon
03-09-2016, 04:25 AM
Laying low, he's made over $100m. No rush for a contract :cheers:

Yeah but most black athletes are broke by then...how can we be sure he's in safe hands?

brain drain
03-09-2016, 06:27 AM
The problem with Dallas now that Dirk's old is that they don't have a franchise player any more, don't know how to draft well and aren't able to attract top free agents.

They try to compensate by hiring borderline all star / below borderline allstar talent to max / near max contracts. LOL.

keep-itreal
03-09-2016, 06:40 AM
Mark Cuban:roll:

Breaking up a championship team:roll:

coin24
03-09-2016, 06:54 AM

Thought some team Would have picked him up for injury insurance

You Cant Ban Me
03-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Dont forget they gutted their whole team for rondo just to let him walk @ the end of the year

o and they let tyson go because they were happy with the one ring

StephHamann
03-09-2016, 07:45 AM

Get rid of the guy who orchestrated a Mavs first round upset over the Spurs if not for some of the worst officiating ever in Games 5 and 7, and then sign a role player instead coming off Achilles rupture.

**** you, Cuban.

Monta is scoring 14 points on 13 shots with horrid defense this season, dude is also garbage.

HOoopCityJones
03-09-2016, 07:59 AM
Remember when Cuban wanted to get them Watches instead of rings the year they won the chip? I'd ****ing hate playing for Dallas strictly because of shit like that, but Dirk the goat for staying loyal all of these years despite Mark Cuban's whimsical running of this franchise.

brain drain
03-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Remember when Cuban wanted to get them Watches instead of rings the year they won the chip? I'd ****ing hate playing for Dallas strictly because of shit like that, but Dirk the goat for staying loyal all of these years despite Mark Cuban's whimsical running of this franchise.

That's the most intriguing question, really. How does a normal, level-headed guy like Dirk manage to suffer an idiot like Cuban for almost 20 years?

That must take some unreal ability to endure mental pain.

moaz
03-09-2016, 10:54 AM
Monta is scoring 14 points on 13 shots with horrid defense this season, dude is also garbage.

Nothing against Monta I like him. But Monta returned to normal Monta. The one without the Dirk factor in his team. We have been watching this phenomena happening with many players over the years. Play with Dirk: you are stellar, play elsewhere: you are what you are.

@ topic:

Yeah: I now believe that the Mavs' FO and especially Cuban is one of the most incompetent organizations in the NBA. Actually I put the blame solely on Cuban. I think he is too involved in the Drafts & Trades. I should have been more suspicious when the put Avery xxxx Johnson as a coach. But even after they blew the 2011 team, I still had trust in RC. But now I don't think he has a lot to say in the big trade issues.

What make them incompetent is that they never seem to have any kind of long term planning, although they were blessed with a star player with more than 15 years of all star level career. They also never have plan B. Over the years I understand why star players don't trust them to be a place where they can count on improvements.

StephHamann
03-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Yeah: I now believe that the Mavs' FO and especially Cuban is one of the most incompetent organizations in the NBA. Actually I put the blame solely on Cuban. I think he is too involved in the Drafts & Trades. I should have been more suspicious when the put Avery xxxx Johnson as a coach. But even after they blew the 2011 team, I still had trust in RC. But now I don't think he has a lot to say in the big trade issues.

http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-didnt-want-to-draft-greek-freak-giannis-antetokounmpo-2014-12?IR=T

Dallas Mavericks GM Wanted To Draft The 'Greek Freak,' But Mark Cuban Said No

ralph_i_el
03-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Before his Achilles injury Wes was a way more valuable player than Monta

moaz
03-09-2016, 12:10 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-didnt-want-to-draft-greek-freak-giannis-antetokounmpo-2014-12?IR=T

Dallas Mavericks GM Wanted To Draft The 'Greek Freak,' But Mark Cuban Said No

In the article he says he wanted to stick to PLAN. As if any of their previous plans have ever worked :banghead:.

DirkNowitzki41
03-09-2016, 12:52 PM

As a guy who still watches Monta, you couldnt be more wrong.

dude is coming off a few knee surgeries and only recently is getting to form. not to mention he would score more if he was wasnt playing so selflessly and had more ball handling opportunities. hes been more of an all-around player rather than a pure scorer. focus more on d, making more passes, etc.. plus, hes the 2nd option now in Indy with PG being the clear #1 scorer.

lets be real, we'd be way better with Monta. We need someone who has the ability to take over games, create plays for others (this big time), and let Dirk take a back seat so he doesnt spend too much energy on meaningless games. Dirk has worked much harder to get buckets this year than he has the last 2 years combined

R.I.P.
03-09-2016, 01:01 PM
If Carlisle didn

feyki
03-09-2016, 01:07 PM
Matthews >>>>>> Ellis

And I love Ellis .

alanLA92
03-09-2016, 02:49 PM
Gotta feel bad for Dirk. He atleast got himself a ring back in 2011 otherwise he would of been wasted entirely by Cuban.

chocolatethunder
03-09-2016, 02:50 PM

Agreed. The funny thing is they also traded Jameer in a season when they were doing really well with him. His defense was awful no doubt but for better or for worse they were playing well with him there. They weren't going to win with him either but they became an embarrassment with Rondo. They really can't do anything right. I hate Cuban. He's another one of those rich people who think that he's entitled to be famous just because he's rich. He is clueless and as far as Nelson is concerned I don't know what's going on in his head. Being a Mavs fan sucks. They are wasting the end of Dirk's career when they could be putting a decent team around him like what San Antonio has managed to do with Duncan.

chocolatethunder
03-09-2016, 02:51 PM
Oh and I just gotta say that Parsons is a steaming pile of hot garbage. He is at best a third option.

Hopper15
03-09-2016, 02:55 PM
I still can't believe Wes Matthews got anything more than a one year deal coming off an Achilles tear.

Zach LaVine
03-09-2016, 03:13 PM

**** you, Cuban.
This is a joke, right? They won a championship in 2015 and have been consistently competitive for 15 years.

brain drain
03-09-2016, 03:34 PM
This is a joke, right? They won a championship in 2015 and have been consistently competitive for 15 years.

That competitiveness was mainly due to Dirk. Around him, they consistently made bad decisions.

- first the trades after the 2003 season and ended up with 3 offensive-minded PFs on the same team (Dirk, Walker, Jamison) but no decent center
- giving an almost over-the-hill Michael Finley that huge contract
- letting Nash go
- hiring Avery Johnson as head coach
- signing Dampier to that contract

It really is a little miracle that in spite of all those bone-headed moves the Mavs made the finals. Personnell management by itself certainly wasn't good, considering the chips they started out with back in 2003.

Then they lucked out by getting Tyson Chandler in 2010, win the championship and - decide to blow up the team. Great move.

Well, and we all know the rest.

masonanddixon
03-09-2016, 04:51 PM

He and George don't fit well.

masonanddixon
03-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Matthews >>>>>> Ellis

And I love Ellis .

There's nothing Matthews does better than Monta. Matthews is garbage.

DMAVS41
03-09-2016, 06:19 PM

Any NBA franchise with Dirk for 18 years is going to be competitive and probably, by luck, win or contend for a title. He was / is that great of a franchise player in that he has no ego and can play virtually any style of basketball with any players successfully because he's so good both on and off the ball.

DMAVS41
03-09-2016, 06:24 PM
That competitiveness was mainly due to Dirk. Around him, they consistently made bad decisions.

- first the trades after the 2003 season and ended up with 3 offensive-minded PFs on the same team (Dirk, Walker, Jamison) but no decent center
- giving an almost over-the-hill Michael Finley that huge contract
- letting Nash go
- hiring Avery Johnson as head coach
- signing Dampier to that contract

It really is a little miracle that in spite of all those bone-headed moves the Mavs made the finals. Personnell management by itself certainly wasn't good, considering the chips they started out with back in 2003.

Then they lucked out by getting Tyson Chandler in 2010, win the championship and - decide to blow up the team. Great move.

Well, and we all know the rest.

Exactly.

Just think about the recent problems. We had ****ing Jae Crowder. Literally the perfect SF you want around Dirk...

Now, this was more of a failing on Rick because Crowder did not look good on our team...which is just beyond pathetic and not enough is made of this.

So we had a better player than Parsons on our team...at the same position...and we max out Parsons...leaving a gaping hole at point...

Which leads to the horrific Rondo trade...and it's been all downhill since with panic signing Wes and trying to make it work this year with the same rag tag group of castoffs...

I was actually for blowing up the team after 11. Well, more is made of that than it is...we simply couldn't afford JJ or Butler...it was just Tyson. Thought he was too expensive, but of course I didn't count on the absurd ineptitude of Nellie and Cuban not doing their due diligence with the Odom moves.

Like you said, the moves after the 03 season were just all time bad...avery...all time bad...damp...all time bad...

Just really really bad....can't even imagine what kind of career and franchise we would have had if Dirk came here and it was RC Buford and Pop running things. Would have taken a special 20 year run and turned it into something truly extraordinary.

HoopologyPhD
03-09-2016, 06:48 PM
I still can't believe Wes Matthews got anything more than a one year deal coming off an Achilles tear.

This. It is possible he returns to form, it is pretty amazing that he is even able to play at the NBA level this year but as far as I know there have only been a handful of guys to come back with that injury and all of them have been shells of their former self.

StephHamann
03-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Exactly.

Just think about the recent problems. We had ****ing Jae Crowder. Literally the perfect SF you want around Dirk...

Come on, laughed at me 2 years ago when is said Crowder is a good nba player.

feyki
03-09-2016, 07:06 PM
There's nothing Matthews does better than Monta. Matthews is garbage.

I'm not sure you said that seriously . Matthews far better defensive player and he has good 3's . Monta worse than lg average defensively . And He can't hit 3's , even open one .

Also , Matthews is a team player . And He doesn't hurt your game and teamwork with his selfishness . Monta did too much .

If i have a contender team , i pick thousand times Matthews .

If i have a bad team , i pick Monta .

masonanddixon
03-10-2016, 06:59 AM
I'm not sure you said that seriously . Matthews far better defensive player and he has good 3's . Monta worse than lg average defensively . And He can't hit 3's , even open one .

Also , Matthews is a team player . And He doesn't hurt your game and teamwork with his selfishness . Monta did too much .

If i have a contender team , i pick thousand times Matthews .

If i have a bad team , i pick Monta .

Except that Monta when he wants to is a better defender. We all saw him lock up Kawhi Leonard in the first round.

Matthews is an average role player. a ROLE PLAYER. He'd be coming off the bench for most teams. He's a guy who should make 4-5 million a year. Not superstar level money.

feyki
03-10-2016, 08:08 AM
Except that Monta when he wants to is a better defender. We all saw him lock up Kawhi Leonard in the first round.

Matthews is an average role player. a ROLE PLAYER. He'd be coming off the bench for most teams. He's a guy who should make 4-5 million a year. Not superstar level money.

.d.d