PDA

View Full Version : Warriors vs Spurs WCF

JohnnySic
03-10-2016, 10:39 AM
We are blessed to have 2 of the best teams in NBA history playing in the same season. I know I'm being Captain Obvious here, but this WCF needs to happen! No upsets, no bs please.

That is all.

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2016, 10:43 AM
Yo Johnny. You've been around the ISH for longer than most. Have two teams ever been this strong from the same conference? Got the same buzz at these two? What about visually? Are they as transcendent and quality as the records suggest? How does it compare over the years. Share us with your tenure of knowledge.

JohnnySic
03-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Closest thing is Lakers vs Kings in '02. You knew the winner would not only win it all but flat out dominate and likely sweep the Finals.

I think these 2 teams rank favorably with most of the all time great teams - just shy of '86 Celtics, '96 Bulls, and '83 Sixers. In the next category.

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Closest thing is Lakers vs Kings in '02. You knew the winner would not only win it all but flat out dominate and likely sweep the Finals.

I think these 2 teams rank favorably with most of the all time great teams - just shy of '86 Celtics, '96 Bulls, and '83 Sixers. In the next category.
What was the emotion like here on ISH during the 2002 WCF, with the controversies and all?