PDA

View Full Version : What's the best organization in the NBA, after the Spurs?

lilteapot
03-10-2016, 12:44 PM
I'd say Heat. They have a great medical staff, training staff, Pat Riley at the helm, good scouts, and it's in freakin MIAMI. And they have the nicest jerseys in the league.

If you're not taking into consideration the wins/losses, I'd love to be with the Heat.

mistergreens
03-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Also say the Heat. https://insidemiamisports.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/the-godfather.jpg

STATUTORY
03-10-2016, 12:53 PM
lakers and it's not even close

I don't see Spurs being relevant against after Duncan

Legends66NBA7
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13849718/memphis-grizzlies-no-2-ultimate-standings

What's good

The team's Beale Street location -- one of the most vibrant ZIP codes in America -- combined with a front office that has the fans' best interests at heart creates some sweet, sweet music deep in the heart of Memphis. Despite having one of the best products in the NBA, fans pay for the third-cheapest stubs in the league ($31.48) and rank No. 1 in affordability for the second straight year. (Just compare that with other Western playoff teams: Trail Blazers, $52.90; Warriors, $47.38; Clippers, $78.43.) Oh, and that on-court product? Marc Gasol is locked up for five years after signing his $110 million deal in July.

What's bad

One last hurdle to being truly elite escapes these Grizzlies, and that's the team's bid for a championship. Memphis ranks top 15 in ownership, players, fan relations, affordability, stadium experience and bang for the buck ... but remains a decidedly mediocre No. 64 in title track. And unfortunately for fans, the Grizzlies' collapse after taking a 2-1 series lead over the Warriors in May isn't inspiring much confidence.

What's new

Since owner Robert Pera took over in 2012, it's been nothing but smoked ribs smothered in gravy for Memphis fans. Under Pera's stewardship, the Grizzlies have posted the three winningest seasons in team history, amassing more playoff triumphs than in the 17 previous years combined. The fruits of that success are finally taking shape in fans' evaluation of the suits in the front office, cracking a top-15 ranking in ownership after landing at No. 32, No. 30 and No. 55 in the three previous years.

lilteapot

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mr. Jabbar
03-10-2016, 12:55 PM
if u dont consider win/loses, fanbase, city, players, future, arena and jerseys, Orlando is a pretty good organization.

Eat shit, jameer. :roll:

IllegalD
03-10-2016, 12:57 PM
What's the most important thing to measure organization/team success?

Championships/Finals appearances.

Since 1999:

Spurs: 5 championships (6 finals)

Lakers: 5 championships (7 finals)

Heat: 3 championships (5 finals)

So yeah, after the Spurs it's been the Lakers, and it's not even close.

Them being a lottery team last 3 seasons has no bearing, because the overall success still trumps everyone else's.

I mean, the fool above me linked an article stating it was the Memphis Grizzlies. A team who hasn't even made the finals. :roll:

Bandito
03-10-2016, 12:57 PM
The third best franchise, after the Spurs, of course would be the Heat I agree.

STATUTORY
03-10-2016, 12:58 PM
What's the most important thing to measure organization/team success?

Championships/Finals appearances.

Since 1999:

Spurs: 5 championships (6 finals)

Lakers: 5 championships (7 finals)

Heat: 3 championships (5 finals)

So yeah, after the Spurs it's been the Lakers, and it's not even close.

Them being a lottery team last 3 seasons has no bearing, because the overall success still trumps everyone else's.

I mean, the fool above me linked an article stating it was the Memphis Grizzlies. A team who hasn't even made the finals. :roll:

Lakers have proven that the team can attract superstars after superstars. Spurs got lucky drafting Duncan, lets see what the franchise become after he retires. Will they be able to find a successor?

Zach LaVine
03-10-2016, 01:02 PM
if u dont consider win/loses, fanbase, city, players, future, arena and jerseys, Orlando is a pretty good organization.

Eat shit, jameer. :roll:
:roll:

Kvnzhangyay
03-10-2016, 01:14 PM

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

OP: Heat

Legends66NBA7
03-10-2016, 01:38 PM
Best organization isn't just about how many titles or finals trips you win. There's more to it being an organization because every team is different, play in a different location, have a different appeal on the city, marketing, branding, etc...

I like the Ultimate Standing rankings, not because I think Memphis is 2nd best off success alone, but because they included those other factors. And an organization of total success is just historical rankings (their most important goal is to make money, at least in the real world). Anyone can do that and list SA, Lakers, and Miami. Has nothing do with how the team is fairing currently, project to fair in a 3,5, or 10 year out look.

I mean, does anyone here think Detroit and Philadelphia are world class organizations because of their overall success ? Golden State won last year, but they had an entire dry spell of no playoffs. How are they effected currently if they had the 2nd longest playoff drought in NBA history ?

lilteapot
03-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Best organization isn't just about how many titles or finals trips you win. There's more to it being an organization because every team is different, play in a different location, have a different appeal on the city, marketing, branding, etc...

I like the Ultimate Standing rankings, not because I think Memphis is 2nd best off success alone, but because they included those other factors. And an organization of total success is just historical rankings (their most important goal is to make money, at least in the real world). Anyone can do that and list SA, Lakers, and Miami. Has nothing do with how the team is fairing currently, project to fair in a 3,5, or 10 year out look.

I mean, does anyone here think Detroit and Philadelphia are world class organizations because of their overall success ? Golden State won last year, but they had an entire dry spell of no playoffs. How are they effected currently if they had the 2nd longest playoff drought in NBA history ?

I literally listed every single thing besides titles and finals trips in the OP

Legends66NBA7
03-10-2016, 02:03 PM
I literally listed every single thing besides titles and finals trips in the OP

I know. My response was more to everyone just listing title/finals or any other recent success.

zbott
03-10-2016, 07:00 PM
Lakers have proven that the team can attract superstars after superstars. Spurs got lucky drafting Duncan, lets see what the franchise become after he retires. Will they be able to find a successor?

If Pop stays on as coach, players that care about winning will come ... Spurs have a great system and there will be elite players (like L.A.) who want to be part of that ...

Spurs m8
03-10-2016, 07:30 PM
Man the stupidity of some people on this forum never ceases to amaze me

90sgoat
03-10-2016, 07:38 PM
Charlotte. MJ GOAT owner.

Really though I would say Heat, they've been consistantly competetive for almost 20 years and have managed to create a lasting culture based around one guy with several former players in management.

Godfather Riley runs a tight ship.

Mike smith
03-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Probably warriors, okc, Miami, Boston