PDA

View Full Version : Remember this about Kobe - He had zero physical advantages...

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 01:33 PM
6'5 (6'6 or 6'7 listed is inaccurate) 210 pounds, average hands, average athletic ability, etc.

Hardest working.

Most skilled.

Every single other player in the top 5 all time had a major physical advantage.

Kobe is the most skilled player of all time.

And that's why we love Curry.

BigNBAfan
03-10-2016, 01:35 PM
And you had no physical disadvantageous yet you're on disability just like a parapalegic

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 01:36 PM
And you had no physical disadvantageous yet you're on disability just like a parapalegic

My mind is disabled.

And I have a 5'7 wingspan while my height is 6'0.

And I have very small hands and feet.

Im Still Ballin
03-10-2016, 01:38 PM
I would post your baby body up Justin, and hit that dropstep jam.

Fudge
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Please don't make me take your baby away from you, bro.

DMV2
03-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Re: Remember this about Kobe - He had zero physical advantages...
Except that one night in Colorado

Dragonyeuw
03-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Average athletic ability? Kobe doesn't have extreme hops, but he had an elite combination of fluidity, agility, and co-ordination. He didn't have MJ/VC hops, but still a very good jumper combined with the above traits.

Indian guy
03-10-2016, 01:46 PM
The ****? :oldlol:

Kobe was the most athletic SG of his era for players around his size - 6'5'6'7.

feyki
03-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Top 10 would be more objective .

He has by his wingspan . But you're right on small hand , athleticism etc .

For me , Kobe had greatest work ethic in nba history . Specially after his 28 .

Actually , Russell and Jordan probably had better .

Orlando Magic
03-10-2016, 01:50 PM
My mind is disabled.

No kidding, dipshit.

Given that you're aware, it does make me wonder why you so passionately hold on to the stupid opinions of your own self admitted defective brain.

lilteapot
03-10-2016, 01:59 PM
6'5 (6'6 or 6'7 listed is inaccurate) 210 pounds, average hands, average athletic ability, etc.

Hardest working.

Most skilled.

You're a ****ing idiot who never watched him play confirmed.

He had incredible speed, quickness, athleticism, could jump out the gym, had the strength to finish through contact. You're clueless and should give up your basketball card.

ShawkFactory
03-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Average athletic ability? Didn't he win a dunk contest?

Al Horford has average athletic ability

Ranked 12th
03-10-2016, 02:27 PM
He has the same height/athleticism as LeBron

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/160207215001-lebron-james-kobe-bryant-cavaliers-v-lakers.1000x563.jpeg

Nice try, Justin :lol

TomBrady
03-10-2016, 02:27 PM
:oldlol:

Zach LaVine
03-10-2016, 02:29 PM
My mind is disabled.

We know.

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 02:34 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pEJ8kuprP4o/T5iUd_1LyHI/AAAAAAAAAAM/mGZE5fVpOyE/s1600/nba-christmas-day-lebron-kobe-pack-1.jpg

Ranked 12th
03-10-2016, 02:37 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pEJ8kuprP4o/T5iUd_1LyHI/AAAAAAAAAAM/mGZE5fVpOyE/s1600/nba-christmas-day-lebron-kobe-pack-1.jpg

It's a symbolism of the difference in their 'member' as well

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 02:38 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-M_YV_PL9srs/U8LYbHxouFI/AAAAAAAAFWc/4hM7IIg6ld8/s1600/miami-heat-v-san-antonio-spurs-2014-nba-finals-game-five-1.jpg

Ranked 12th
03-10-2016, 02:45 PM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/kobe-lebron.jpg

Same height.

LeBron is maybe half an inch taller if that

TheImmortal
03-10-2016, 03:24 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/1221360.jpg

feyki
03-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Kobe has 6'4.5 height , Lebron has 6'7.5 ; w/out shoes . 3 inches is differantial .

TheImmortal
03-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Kobe has 6'4.5 height , Lebron has 6'7.5 ; w/out shoes . 3 inches is differantial .
What's their wingspan differential?

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Bran weighs about 50 pounds more than Kobe.

Just stop.

Ranked 12th
03-10-2016, 04:38 PM

Just stop.

All that weight is concentrated in the groin area

Otherwise they're the same size

LakersForlife
03-10-2016, 04:56 PM
best. just hardwork..not silverspooned like bran

sportjames23
03-10-2016, 04:57 PM

Oh shit! :oldlol:

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 04:57 PM
All that weight is concentrated in the groin area

Otherwise they're the same size

We've all seen the picture, Simon.

The mystery is gone.

feyki
03-10-2016, 05:03 PM
What's their wingspan differential?

1.25 inch(es) .

LakersForlife
03-10-2016, 05:04 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/1221360.jpg
same breed same height

ralph_i_el
03-10-2016, 05:17 PM
Do you even like Kobe?
For multiple seasons he was probably the most athletic shooting guard in the league.

You're so dumb that I have to defend your boy for you:facepalm

ralph_i_el
03-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Just stop.

Yeah, and he defends and is defended by larger players.....he's a forward not a guard.

:facepalm

Stop posting and focus on finding a father figure for your son. Try the local bus stop, anyone would be an improvement.

PP34Deuce
03-10-2016, 05:45 PM
There's a couple of tiers in the NBA...

"Freak of nature"

Prime Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Russell Westbrook

"Elite level"

Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Paul George
Andre Igoudala (Pre injuries)

I've always thought Kobe was just below Elite level athlete but a great athlete none the less.

Chadwin
03-10-2016, 06:40 PM
:biggums:

He did a between the legs dunk.

jstern
03-10-2016, 06:49 PM
I have to agree with the OP. He is right when he said that he's mentally disable.

Smoke117
03-10-2016, 06:52 PM

"Freak of nature"

Prime Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Russell Westbrook

"Elite level"

Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Paul George

I've always thought Kobe was just below Elite level athlete but a great athlete none the less.

You'd think Kobe was the Paul Pierce of sg's the way his stans talk. He was always a great athlete in his teens and 20s.

Dragonyeuw
03-10-2016, 07:58 PM

"Freak of nature"

Prime Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Russell Westbrook

"Elite level"

Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Paul George

Paul George isn't a category of athleticism over Kobe.

retaxis
03-10-2016, 09:12 PM
acceleration, explosiveness, agility, coordination, reflexes, strength all these important things that you can't see straight away are far more important than height or length or how high you can jump.

Some of the worlds greatest athletes in soccer, swimming, tennis, boxing, MMA, table tennis etc etc do not have incredible 'athleticism'

kobe has great reflexes, fluidity, strength and coordination as well as athleticism which made him great. Lebron has only the athleticism but no fluidity and poor coordination and explosiveness (Has good downward speed but slow first step)

Indian guy
03-10-2016, 10:06 PM

Or even that athletic, for that matter. At best, I would consider PG merely a 'good' athlete. Although his over-dependency on the jumper and lack of consistent slashing game is a testament to his limited athleticism. Comparing him to Kobe athletically, much less considering him superior, is a joke.

For players in that 6'5-6'7 range, Kobe was the most athletic player of his era. Nobody had his combination of speed, quickness, agility, coordination and hops.

Nilocon165
03-10-2016, 10:15 PM
http://imgur.com/kLtLJyJ

Kobe_6/8
03-10-2016, 10:35 PM

Average athletic ability? :roll: Kobe was drafted #13 right out of high school, and won the Dunk Contest in his 2nd season. For a SG, he had great explosiveness.

Mr. Jabbar
03-10-2016, 11:12 PM

Hardest working.

Most skilled.

its true. all of it.

NZStreetBaller
03-10-2016, 11:14 PM
Being black is a physical advantage isnt it??

IllegalD
03-10-2016, 11:18 PM
:roll: @ all the LeBron Stanleys now using photos to try to pretend like LeBron and Kobe are even physically/athletically.

This after YEARS of them using that as one of their arguments as to why LeBron was better than Kobe ("he's so much more athletic/beastly/physically imposing")

Simon the resident f*ggot and the rest of his LeBron Stanleys caught in their flip-flopping lies again. :lol

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 11:20 PM
:roll: @ all the LeBron Stanleys now using photos to try to pretend like LeBron and Kobe are even physically/athletically.

This after YEARS of them using that as one of their arguments as to why LeBron was better than Kobe ("he's so much more athletic/beastly/physically imposing")

Simon the resident f*ggot and the rest of his LeBron Stanleys caught in their flip-flopping lies again. :lol

:lol

Mr. Jabbar
03-10-2016, 11:29 PM

damn :lol

Ranked 12th
03-10-2016, 11:34 PM

Shook

:yaohappy:

theaussieguy
03-11-2016, 01:05 AM
this whole narrative that kobe is some kind of slum athlete helps build his heroic accomplishments, but its bullsh!t IMO.

Someone that can dunk on a prime Dwight Howard, not just any dunk, a dunk where the mans ball sack lingers in and around dwights mouth is anything but an 'average' (by nba standards) athlete. Like seriously.

sportjames23
03-11-2016, 02:16 AM
You'd think Kobe was the Paul Pierce of sg's the way his stans talk. He was always a great athlete in his teens and 20s.

Word. I've never understood his stans saying Kobe wasn't on the same level athletically as the best athletes in the NBA. Well, I do actually--they wanted to make Kobe's accomplishments seem more impressive by saying that shit.

But anyone who has seen any Kobe highlight reels know that's bullshit. Kobe was one of the most athletic players in NBA history.

ImKobe
03-11-2016, 02:21 AM
The ****? :oldlol:

Kobe was the most athletic SG of his era for players around his size - 6'5'6'7.

Wade??

and there have been plenty of more athletic players around his size, Vince Carter ring a bell? T-Mac?

Kobe was a very athletic player when he played with Shaq but he was never close to being the most athletic player at his position...he never had a huge vertical like Vince and he certainly didn't have D-Wade's speed/agility

why you think he shoots so many contested fadeaways, if he had the physical advantage over his defender every time like Bran or MJ he'd also be getting more buckets inside

soots
03-11-2016, 02:21 AM
Kobe is legit Autistic.

- Shows unnatural drive and determination
- Cant process human reactions to people around him (brb, piss off shaq, phil and his current young core)

You have to be a bit crazy to be one of the best

Mr. Jabbar
03-11-2016, 02:22 AM
kobe vs lebron 1 on 1

https://j.gifs.com/2k1ARz.gif

ImKobe
03-11-2016, 02:25 AM
Kobe is legit Autistic.

- Shows unnatural drive and determination
- Cant process human reactions to people around him (brb, piss off shaq, phil and his current young core)

You have to be a bit crazy to be one of the best

greatness is greedy, Jordan had the same qualities and on top of that was a complete asshole who had no regard for anyone else but himself yet he has (or at least had) the most stans out of any athlete maybe except for Ali.

Cold soul
03-11-2016, 02:58 AM

"Freak of nature"

Prime Derrick Rose
Lebron James
Russell Westbrook

"Elite level"

Tracy McGrady
Vince Carter
Paul George

Kobe in his peak athletically was more athletic than either Paul George and Andre Igoudala his athleticism is mad underrated. No he never was physical freak like Jordan, Lebron, Westbrook or Jordan were but still great athlete none the less just tier below those guys.

Cocaine80s
03-11-2016, 03:12 AM
My mind is disabled.

And I have a 5'7 wingspan while my height is 6'0.

And I have very small hands and feet.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

f0und
03-11-2016, 10:37 AM
Wade??

and there have been plenty of more athletic players around his size, Vince Carter ring a bell? T-Mac?

Kobe was a very athletic player when he played with Shaq but he was never close to being the most athletic player at his position...he never had a huge vertical like Vince and he certainly didn't have D-Wade's speed/agility

why you think he shoots so many contested fadeaways, if he had the physical advantage over his defender every time like Bran or MJ he'd also be getting more buckets inside

wouldnt his "best footwork/most skilled ever" repertoire get him good easy looks too? it would....if he had those skills and a brain.

PP34Deuce
03-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Kobe in his peak athletically was more athletic than either Paul George and Andre Igoudala his athleticism is mad underrated. No he never was physical freak like Jordan, Lebron, Westbrook or Jordan were but still great athlete none the less just tier below those guys.

Peak Kobe to me was the 2 seasons he was legit 225 and muscled up. He jumped higher and was faster in the open court.

riseagainst
03-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Exactly, look at what oldbe just did to a prime Lebron:

Literally 0 athleticism and still owning.

https://j.gifs.com/2k1ARz.gif

bizil
03-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Average athletic ability? Kobe doesn't have extreme hops, but he had an elite combination of fluidity, agility, and co-ordination. He didn't have MJ/VC hops, but still a very good jumper combined with the above traits.

I agree! I think peak Kobe was a freak athlete. But he wasn't on the level of MJ, Vince, Bron, or Nique in that regard. Those guys had athletic ability that redefined basketball in their respective eras. But when u look back at peak Kobe's finishing ability, it qualifies for the freak athletic level in my opinion.

ImKobe
03-11-2016, 06:25 PM
wouldnt his "best footwork/most skilled ever" repertoire get him good easy looks too? it would....if he had those skills and a brain.

Implying he didn't get easy looks...you don't average over 35 a game for a whole year or 30 points for 3 straight Finals runs without getting any easy baskets

Dragonyeuw
03-11-2016, 08:05 PM
I agree! I think peak Kobe was a freak athlete. But he wasn't on the level of MJ, Vince, Bron, or Nique in that regard. Those guys had athletic ability that redefined basketball in their respective eras. But when u look back at peak Kobe's finishing ability, it qualifies for the freak athletic level in my opinion.

Remember when Kobe used to live on the baseline with all those crazy reverse finishes?

Cold soul
03-11-2016, 08:17 PM

Well said. I'll take Kobe athletically over Wade slightly. I think Kobe jump higher, stronger, had better hang time in mid air while Wade was quicker, faster, better agility lighting speed and change of direction.

Finger Roll
03-11-2016, 09:29 PM

Agreed. there's plenty of dudes with athleticism like PG in the NBA.

Sad to say I had some hope for Sony Weems once upon a time. Gave it up real quick, but still. :facepalm

bizil
03-11-2016, 10:02 PM
Remember when Kobe used to live on the baseline with all those crazy reverse finishes?

Hell ya! Kobe is a top 5 of all time baseline dunker in my opinion. Other than MJ, Vince, and Nique, he doesn't take a backseat to nobody.

CuterThanRubio
03-11-2016, 11:00 PM
This is a myth perpetuated by people who didn't get the chance to watch him during his younger years (#8).

The guy has an entire 8 minute compilation of 360 dunks for crying out loud, has MJ ever completed a single 360 dunk in his lifetime?

MJistheGOAT
03-12-2016, 01:05 AM
... If you compare him to GOAT athletic guards as VC/MJ

Only real disadvantage are his small hands.

Don

OldSchoolBBall
03-12-2016, 01:12 AM
Kobe is the second most - or at third the 3rd most - athletic SG ever. Only Jordan and maybe Vince are ahead.

Kobe is at least as athletic as Wade, more athletic than TMac, Drexler, Nique. His far superior body control and coordination alone shits on theirs (except TMac, who also had great body control).

IllegalD
03-12-2016, 01:21 AM
Kobe is the second most - or at third the 3rd most - athletic SG ever. Only Jordan and maybe Vince are ahead.

Kobe is at least as athletic as Wade, more athletic than TMac, Drexler, Nique. His far superior body control and coordination alone shits on theirs (except TMac, who also had great body control).

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/results/vertical-jump.htm

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/features/285345-top-10-vertical-jumpers-in-nba-history

Except all those players mentioned have higher recorded vertical leaps than Kobe, not to mention simple eye-test.

MJistheGOAT
03-12-2016, 01:28 AM

Except all those players mentioned have higher recorded vertical leaps than Kobe, not to mention simple eye-test.

So you think that vertical leap is the most important aspect of athleticism in basketball???
Then James White should be the GOAT

IllegalD
03-12-2016, 01:30 AM
So you think that vertical leap is the most important aspect of athleticism in basketball???
Then James White should be the GOAT

And you really think that Kobe is MORE athletic than TMac and Dominique? :lol

Seems like you guys are confusing Kobe's advanced footwork with raw athleticism.

warriorfan
03-12-2016, 01:51 AM
FroBe had elite athleticism but not GOAT tier

OldSchoolBBall
03-12-2016, 02:02 AM

Athleticism isn't all about vertical. As a total athlete, he's above those guys. At a MINIMUM, he's a top 3 most athletic SG ever. How is that "zero physical advantages"?

The ONLY thing Nique has on Kobe is two-footed leaping. That's it. Kobe was faster, quicker/more agile, better first step, more versatile leaper, FAR better body control and coordination. Jesus...

Cocaine80s
03-12-2016, 02:05 AM
6'6, Long arms, 35+ inch vertical

yup, zero physical advantages :roll:

stalkerforlife
03-12-2016, 02:55 AM
And you really think that Kobe is MORE athletic than TMac and Dominique? :lol

Seems like you guys are confusing Kobe's advanced footwork with raw athleticism.

Dragonyeuw
03-12-2016, 08:11 AM

There's more to athleticism than vertical leap. The eye test tells me that Kobe had an elite package of speed, agility, quickness, co-ordination. Did others jump higher, faster end to end, more agile? Absolutely. But the *overall* package of traits he brought to the table was elite. The argument of someone relying on 'limited' athleticism would be moreso for someone like Paul Pierce, by the standards of today's greyhounds( and even the guys who came in with him) he had 'average' athleticism. But anyone saying Kobe didn't have superior athleticism is straight up asinine. Look up some footage in particular from his #8 days and tell me this guy wasn't a crazy athlete in his prime.

Dr Hawk
03-12-2016, 09:11 AM
He had physical advantage in Colorado

TheImmortal
03-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Let's be real.. Paul George is a tier above Kobe athletically.. and he's a few tiers below guys like T-mac, Vince.. and they're a few tiers below LeBron & MJ.. Goes to show how sheer mental will, goat work ethic and goat tier skills will get you far despite having fairly adequate physical capabilities (relatively speaking). What a goat Gawdbe! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

People forget that Kobe is only an inch and a half taller than Curry (the future goat).

Dragonyeuw
03-12-2016, 09:49 AM
Let's be real.. Paul George is a tier above Kobe athletically..

Anything you said after this is rendered irrelevant after this nonsense. No-one looks at Paul George as some super athlete.

andgar923
03-12-2016, 01:10 PM
In the dawn of the YouTube era, Kobe fans used to claim Kobe was more athletic than MJ.

They'd go on and on about Kobe's great athleticism, his incredible first step, his out of the gym bunnies, his strength, etc.etc.

They even used to use the same clip as an example of Kobe's strength and jumping ability, you know, the one where he gets the ball and dunks from the dotted line with one step after a semi running start. They use that as their proof that he could dunk from the ft line, as proof of his superior athleticism vs MJ.

They would say he was a better athlete than VC (which I sort of agree), say he was a better athlete than Wade (eh....) so and and so on.

And not to far ago, they claimed Kobe was as strong if not pound for pound stronger than Bron because he pushed him out of position a few times (by lowering his shoulder in a stand still Bron btw).

But NOW, the strategy changes to Kobe being an inferior athlete with disabilities, passing by on solely his skill.

Pfft.

Kobe was a great athlete, with a great first step, great flexibility and mobility with the ability to finish in traffic. He didn't have elite of the elite hops, but he was better than average.

Kobe fans :facepalm

IllegalD
03-12-2016, 06:38 PM
In the dawn of the YouTube era, Kobe fans used to claim Kobe was more athletic than MJ.

They'd go on and on about Kobe's great athleticism, his incredible first step, his out of the gym bunnies, his strength, etc.etc.

They even used to use the same clip as an example of Kobe's strength and jumping ability, you know, the one where he gets the ball and dunks from the dotted line with one step after a semi running start. They use that as their proof that he could dunk from the ft line, as proof of his superior athleticism vs MJ.

They would say he was a better athlete than VC (which I sort of agree), say he was a better athlete than Wade (eh....) so and and so on.

And not to far ago, they claimed Kobe was as strong if not pound for pound stronger than Bron because he pushed him out of position a few times (by lowering his shoulder in a stand still Bron btw).

But NOW, the strategy changes to Kobe being an inferior athlete with disabilities, passing by on solely his skill.

Pfft.

Kobe was a great athlete, with a great first step, great flexibility and mobility with the ability to finish in traffic. He didn't have elite of the elite hops, but he was better than average.

Kobe fans :facepalm

Kobe haters are the weirdest bunch of them all.

For years they all claimed that MJ and LeBron had clear superior/physical advantages. Said that Kobe just worked really, really hard to improve his footwork and ballhandling, but that he would never be as "dominant" MJ or LeBron because he just simply wasn't as athletically freakish/imposing. That MJ and LeBron could get to the cup at will. I've even heard some of you f*ggots say that nobody respects Kobe's ability to drive to the rim.

And now all of a sudden the tables are flipped, and Kobe is comparable athletically to MJ/LeBron? Even athletically superior to guys like TMac and Vince?

:roll: :roll: :lol

The best part is catching ISH Kobe hater f*gs in their hypocritical, fickle flip-flopping.

Pretty much proves that they're full of sh*t and don't know what the hell they're talking about. They literally just scramble like cockroaches every time and say whatever negative thing they can think of even if it directly contradicts everything they've been saying for the past 20 years.

:banana:

Nilocon165
03-12-2016, 06:42 PM
This site sucks

stalkerforlife
03-12-2016, 06:45 PM

For years they all claimed that MJ and LeBron had clear superior/physical advantages. Said that Kobe just worked really, really hard to improve his footwork and ballhandling, but that he would never be as "dominant" MJ or LeBron because he just simply wasn't as athletically freakish/imposing. That MJ and LeBron could get to the cup at will. I've even heard some of you f*ggots say that nobody respects Kobe's ability to drive to the rim.

And now all of a sudden the tables are flipped, and Kobe is comparable athletically to MJ/LeBron? Even athletically superior to guys like TMac and Vince?

The best part is catching ISH Kobe hater f*gs in their hypocritical, fickle flip-flopping.

Pretty much proves that they're full of sh*t and don't know what the hell they're talking about. They literally just scramble like cockroaches every time and say whatever negative thing they can think of even if it directly contradicts everything they've been saying for the past 20 years.

They'll do anything to disparage him because they know he's a top 5 GOAT player at the very least. I have him at 2nd all time.

And they know Bran never got over that hurdle. Even while colluding to form super teams, something unprecedented.

Nilocon165
03-12-2016, 06:47 PM
They'll do anything to disparage him because they know he's a top 5 GOAT player at the very least. I have him at 2nd all time.

And they know Bran never got over that hurdle. Even while colluding to form super teams, something unprecedented.
Kobe has 4 rings. 2002 kings series was rigged

stalkerforlife
03-12-2016, 06:48 PM
Kobe has 4 rings. 2002 kings series was rigged

Then Bran has zero rings...because he rigged the entire NBA by forming a super team in the weakest conference in NBA history.

IllegalD
03-12-2016, 07:06 PM

You seem to be one of the most informed posters on this board, Stalker.

Keep making those videos and ethering these fools. :applause:

andgar923
03-12-2016, 07:51 PM

You sound like a b*tch

IllegalD
03-12-2016, 08:36 PM
You sound like a b*tch

You are a bitch, and so is your whore mother.

:yaohappy: :hammertime:

eliteballer
03-12-2016, 09:45 PM
You people are delusional morons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvWy9liwC7U

andgar923
03-13-2016, 12:08 AM
You are a bitch, and so is your whore mother.

:yaohappy: :hammertime:
You must be a sheltered 15 year old, cause no man would say that shit, neither online and specially in person.

Jacks3
03-13-2016, 09:29 AM
It's true. Kobe was nowhere near as athletic as some of his peers. He didn't have anywhere near the same type of athletism of a Westbrook/vc/jordan/tmac/lebron etc...nor did he have the height/length advantage of a dirk/durant/kareem etc. He was merely a very good athlete. You give him the body of a Jordan or lebron and he's easily the best ever. The guy is one of the greatest overachievers ever.

Collie
03-13-2016, 09:38 AM
Kobe was absolutely an elite athlete in his prime. I mean, look at the video eliteballer posted. Dunks like 0:54 or 3:02 could only be done by upper tier athletes in the NBA. Just not as quick as MJ on the drive so he couldn't get to the rim as easily.

I'd say in his athletic prime, he was close to Tmac as an athlete, but not as big.

Indian guy
03-13-2016, 01:29 PM
I keep seeing T-Mac being listed as a superior athlete to Kobe. Ummm, why? Besides being a couple of inches of taller, what exactly was his edge? Maybe a slightly better 1 footed leaper, that's about it. Kobe was easily quicker, faster, more agile, coordinated, better body control and a better jumper off 2 feet.

The only SG around Kobe's height who was unequivocally better than him as an athlete was MJ. There are other guys who were better than Kobe at certain things - mainly leaping(VC, Drexler), but none possessed the overall package Kobe did.

Dragonyeuw
03-13-2016, 01:34 PM
The only part of VC's athleticism that was truly elite-level was jumping, whether it be in terms of vertical or in-air body control. He wasn't especially fast, quick, lacked lateral movement, had a good but not elite first step. As an overall athletic package I'd go as far as to say Kobe was more rounded.

Noob Saibot
03-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Lol the OP makes Kobe look like he's Reggie Miller or worser than Steph Curry. :roll:

Ranked 12th
03-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Kobe and LeBron had the same athleticism

Let's just admit it and move on

AirFederer
03-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Remember this about Kobe - His stans had zero intellectual advantage.

(Same goes for stans of any kind)

Stringer Bell
03-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Average athleticism? Lol

He may not have the physical gifts of a Lebron or Jordan but he is FAR FAR above average in athleticism.

Euroleague
03-13-2016, 07:46 PM
Remember this about Kobe - He had zero physical advantages...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/2U8kP5wTCr5QI/200.gif

Kate on the left, and Kobe on the right.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/9IJ1fUzSAcVtS/200.gif

Kobe_6/8
03-13-2016, 07:51 PM
I keep seeing T-Mac being listed as a superior athlete to Kobe. Ummm, why? Besides being a couple of inches of taller, what exactly was his edge? Maybe a slightly better 1 footed leaper, that's about it. Kobe was easily quicker, faster, more agile, coordinated, better body control and a better jumper off 2 feet.

The only SG around Kobe's height who was unequivocally better than him as an athlete was MJ. There are other guys who were better than Kobe at certain things - mainly leaping(VC, Drexler), but none possessed the overall package Kobe did.

T-Mac had a crazy wingspan for his height. His release point was very high, beautiful for a SG.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDU1NQ==/z/8bsAAOSwdsFUN2Gn/$_35.JPG

Very hard to block his shot.

stalkerforlife
03-13-2016, 07:55 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/2U8kP5wTCr5QI/200.gif

https://media4.giphy.com/media/9IJ1fUzSAcVtS/200.gif

Not sure. :confusedshrug:

Euroleague
03-13-2016, 07:58 PM
T-Mac had a crazy wingspan for his height. His release point was very high, beautiful for a SG.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDU1NQ==/z/8bsAAOSwdsFUN2Gn/$_35.JPG

Very hard to block his shot.

T-Mac was only athletic for a few years in the NBA. After that he became slow as molasses.