PDA

View Full Version : the worst defender is curry (stats don't lie)

Achilleas
03-10-2016, 06:57 PM
Warriors Nation ‏@SFWarriorNation 9h9 hours ago
Steph Curry has the best defensive field goal percentage for any guard and is number 4 in steals in the NBA.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdMSAn0W8AILNZ1.jpg

:confusedshrug:

sd3035
03-10-2016, 06:59 PM
The Bran media brigade has to try to find a way to discredit Steph. It's quite amusing how people blindly repeat their nonsense about Curry's defense

Those stats are what I expected

wordsRweapons
03-10-2016, 07:04 PM
eye test tells me the warriors are much better defensively when Curry sits out

Achilleas
03-10-2016, 07:06 PM
what eye test ;
i have miss only 2 games of gsw ,curry is very good at def,he must only stop the late call fouls

Fudge
03-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Meltdown

Hey Yo
03-10-2016, 07:13 PM
He usually assigns himself to the lesser offensive threat of the opposing guards on the floor.

wordsRweapons
03-10-2016, 07:14 PM
what eye test ;
i have miss only 2 games of gsw ,curry is very good at def,he must only stop the late call fouls

Last night for example. Utah seemed uncapable of scoring when he was on the bench. I'm not saying he's a bad defender, just that livingston is a lot better

imdaman99
03-10-2016, 07:43 PM
Yeah no kidding. When he guards Andre Roberson on the regular, his defensive numbers should be great :roll:

stalkerforlife
03-10-2016, 07:45 PM
Elite defensive PG and that's just the fact.

KungFuJoe
03-10-2016, 08:40 PM
He's a good defensive PG. He can be backed down but how many guards are posting up? Westbrook and.....Miller? Probably doesn't have to worry too much there.

He gets in passing lanes, gets strips...has a little trouble getting around screens at times...but he stays in front of his man as well as most other PGs.

People are just knocking his defense because they need something to hate on.

Smoke117
03-10-2016, 08:50 PM
He usually assigns himself to the lesser offensive threat of the opposing guards on the floor.

This.

Prime_Shaq
03-10-2016, 09:22 PM
He ain't the best but he definitely ain't the worst defender either. He is often overlooked as a defender because of his small stature. He gets to gamble alot in the passing lanes which results in steals because he knows he has a good defensive lineup to back him up.

If you measure his defense up against his offense then of course his defense will look pedestrian, only because his offense is at such a high level. Putting Klay on the better guard is a good gameplan, Klay is a better defender + Curry can conserve more energy to run the offense.

NBASTATMAN
03-10-2016, 09:47 PM
He never guards the go to guys. Still he is the best player in the NBA by a mile

warriorfan
03-10-2016, 09:54 PM
LDC in those haters' azz

Gone_Fishin
03-10-2016, 10:04 PM
All this proves is that he's so good offensively that it makes his defense, evidently at least average, look poor in comparison.

Like a cute girl standing next to somebody unworldly gorgeous like Natalie Portman or Chandler Parsons.

Ranked 12th
03-10-2016, 11:01 PM
LDC in those haters' azz

Little d*ck Curry?

hold this L
03-10-2016, 11:08 PM
Elite defensive PG and that's just the fact.
I wouldn't say elite, but he's very good when he's not lazy and he's usually not lazy. Green & Iggy are elite defender, Bogut and Klay are great with Klay on the lower end of that, Barnes, Livingston, & Curry are very good, the rest of the team is good and Speighs is absolute filthy, nasty, disgusting pile of garbage. However where they excel is team defense, probably the best switches in the NBA. The only notable PGs that have given him trouble are around 3-4 when he plays up to it. Those stats are deceiving since he doesn't mark the top PG on a couple of occasions. The people who say he's a bad defender are generally 90% of a superstar whose soul Curry has taken, or they're morons.

wordsRweapons posts might give me cancer with his eye test nonsense on the other hand.

Axe
09-03-2021, 02:15 AM
Interesting. Can't forget that christmas game between the cavs and the dubs, kd's first in his gs uniform. A night that the former won by a point. He was sat out in the last minutes because he started getting tedious on the defensive end.