PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryant vs LeBron James Full Duel Highlights (03.10.2016)

JohnMax
03-11-2016, 03:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unAwziX-tsA

SexSymbol
03-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Kobe scored at least 6 times on him directly.
LeBron scored 3 times while being guarded by Kobe, after screens to get him off.
Really shows how much greater is Kobe's offensive skillset

aj1987
03-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Kobe scored at least 6 times on him directly.
LeBron scored 3 times while being guarded by Kobe, after screens to get him off.
Really shows how much greater is Kobe's offensive skillset
And yet, even his PRIME scoring is only like 0.5 PPG higher than LeBron's CAREER scoring and on worse efficiency.

SexSymbol
03-11-2016, 08:12 AM
And yet, even his PRIME scoring is only like 0.5 PPG higher than LeBron's CAREER scoring and on worse efficiency.
If you have ever watched basketball, which from your post is quite clearly a no, you'd know that there are different styles to scoring the ball.
There's people on the team who are shooters and they generally have a lower FG% that guys who drive to the basket.
Neither of these styles have any significant advantages over one another, except that it's harder to score from jumpshots, but it's a more valuable skill, because getting a jump shot is much more likely that a layup.
For that reason alone it would be ludicrous for both of them to have exact efficiency level when the style of play is so different.
A good team cannot be without great jump shooters and great drivers to the basket, but the efficiency of both will be different.
In terms of ability, skills, Kobe is twice as good of an offensive player as bron is, and the sad thing is you know it, you just have to defend bran however you can after this domination of a 1x1 by Kobe

raprap
03-11-2016, 08:20 AM
If you have ever watched basketball, which from your post is quite clearly a no, you'd know that there are different styles to scoring the ball.
There's people on the team who are shooters and they generally have a lower FG% that guys who drive to the basket.
Neither of these styles have any significant advantages over one another, except that it's harder to score from jumpshots, but it's a more valuable skill, because getting a jump shot is much more likely that a layup.
For that reason alone it would be ludicrous for both of them to have exact efficiency level when the style of play is so different.
A good team cannot be without great jump shooters and great drivers to the basket, but the efficiency of both will be different.
In terms of ability, skills, Kobe is twice as good of an offensive player as bron is, and the sad thing is you know it, you just have to defend bran however you can after this domination of a 1x1 by Kobe
So we're going to diminish a player if he can score on layups? Lebron scores a lot in the paint because he isn't a great shooter. Kobe shoots a lot of jump shots because he can't get to the rim like lebron. Id take the player who can score on higher percentage. 2 points is 2 points.

aj1987
03-11-2016, 08:25 AM
You do know that Kobe is a career 40% jump shooter, right? LeBron is currently at 36%/37%. Kobe is by no means an elite jump shooter. Elite is 45%+.

That being said my point still stands. LeBron's career average is just a shade under Kobe's prime average, on better efficiency.

Hold this L and come back when you have actual FACTS.

SexSymbol
03-11-2016, 08:30 AM
So we're going to diminish a player if he can score on layups? Lebron scores a lot in the paint because he isn't a great shooter. Kobe shoots a lot of jump shots because he can't get to the rim like lebron. Id take the player who can score on higher percentage. 2 points is 2 points.
I'm not diminishing it at all, but every coach knows that getting to the rim is much harder and come playoff times, great jumpshooters usually prevail more times than not, which is evident by both players' finals records

SexSymbol
03-11-2016, 08:31 AM
You do know that Kobe is a career 40% jump shooter, right? LeBron is currently at 36%/37%. Kobe is by no means an elite jump shooter. Elite is 45%+.

That being said my point still stands. LeBron's career average is just a shade under Kobe's prime average, on better efficiency.

Hold this L and come back when you have actual FACTS.
I did tell you facts, you just don't want to accept how basketball works.
And that's fine, agree to disagree

aj1987
03-11-2016, 08:32 AM
I did tell you facts, you just don't want to accept how basketball works.
And that's fine, agree to disagree
Do you even know what a fact is? Your opinion =/= fact.

Not trying to be rude, BTW. I know English isn't your first language.

SexSymbol
03-11-2016, 08:34 AM
Do you even know what a fact is? Your opinion =/= fact.

Not trying to be rude, BTW. I know English isn't your first language.
It's not my opinion, it's the opinion and the gameplan of most coaches.
Everybody that's tactically involved in basketball knows a jump shooter is more valuable than a man who drives to the basket, but neither can function perfectly without the other.

aj1987
03-11-2016, 08:38 AM
It's not my opinion, it's the opinion and the gameplan of most coaches.
Everybody that's tactically involved in basketball knows a jump shooter is more valuable than a man who drives to the basket, but neither can function perfectly without the other.

NBASTATMAN
03-11-2016, 08:38 AM

Only problem with this is why are guys like Curry, Durant, and even Chris Paul able to score so much more efficiently than Kobe while taking mostly jump shots.. Kobe 's scoring skill is better than Lebron . A blind man can see that but he was never able to get it all together and be a top efficient player .. Kobe has so much more physical gifts than Curry and CP3 yet he shot 45 percent for most of his career while playing with some great teammates..

Don't get me wrong I believe Kobe is top 10 ALL TIME but he has never had the impact of a Lebron on any team... His top 10 status is mostly because he was part of 5 titles.. :rockon:

KOBE TOP 10 IS MY OPINION

SexSymbol
03-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Only problem with this is why are guys like Curry, Durant, and even Chris Paul able to score so much more efficiently than Kobe while taking mostly jump shots.. Kobe 's scoring skill is better than Lebron . A blind man can see that but he was never able to get it all together and be a top efficient player .. Kobe has so much more physical gifts than Curry and CP3 yet he shot 45 percent for most of his career while playing with some great teammates..

Don't get me wrong I believe Kobe is top 10 ALL TIME but he has never had the impact of a Lebron on any team... His top 10 status is mostly because he was part of 5 titles.. :rockon:

KOBE TOP 10 IS MY OPINION

Curry is the greatest shooter of all time, it's pretty crazy to compare anyone's jumpshot to his, even ray allen isn't close to Curry as a shooter.
Durant towers over any of his defenders, Kobe always shot great against smaller defenders aside from tony allen.
CP3 is never being doubled.

Kobe has a great percentage on jumpshots for someone who has been used as a bailout shooter when the triangle doesn't work for most of his career

NBASTATMAN
03-11-2016, 09:08 AM
Curry is the greatest shooter of all time, it's pretty crazy to compare anyone's jumpshot to his, even ray allen isn't close to Curry as a shooter.
Durant towers over any of his defenders, Kobe always shot great against smaller defenders aside from tony allen.
CP3 is never being doubled.

Kobe has a great percentage on jumpshots for someone who has been used as a bailout shooter when the triangle doesn't work for most of his career

But he played with so much talent. Bad excuses. When Kobe is hot forget about it.. He will make shots out of his arse. But over 20 years he never shot well and especially never shot well in the FINALS.. Well besides the garbage NETS...

You can't have any excuses for a guy that is supposed to be top 10. The fact is he was never a great shooter. He was probably the STREAKIEST SHOOTER EVER.. When hot he could kill any defense ... IMAGINE DURANT with great coaching :bowdown: