PDA

View Full Version : Jahlil Okafor OUT for the Season

AirTupac
03-11-2016, 05:37 PM
Report: Sixers' Okafor out for year with meniscus tear.

Another one.

https://twitter.com/theScoreNBA/status/708406071405056000

Mr. Jabbar
03-11-2016, 05:38 PM
chalk up ANOTHER one for the Mitch family.

WE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Gone_Fishin
03-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Thank the lord LA didn't draft this bust.

TomBrady
03-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Link?

AirTupac
03-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Link?

Marc J. Spears on Twitter: "Sixers say rookie Jahlil Okafor has a small tear in the meniscus in his right knee and will have arthroscopic surgery. Expected out 6 weeks."National Writer

WayOfWade
03-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Sixers management:
https://media0.giphy.com/media/iSKFtpF2HzneE/giphy.gif

TomBrady
03-11-2016, 05:46 PM
Marc J. Spears on Twitter: "Sixers say rookie Jahlil Okafor has a small tear in the meniscus in his right knee and will have arthroscopic surgery. Expected out 6 weeks."National Writer
Thanks.

Google News wasn't giving me anything specific.

Cocaine80s
03-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Disgusting Laker fans :facepalm

AirTupac
03-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Sixer fans do you still believe?

hold this L
03-11-2016, 05:51 PM
Disgusting Laker fans :facepalm
Your typical 12 year old moron Call of Duty child would have more class than some of these Laker fans. :facepalm

SaltyMeatballs
03-11-2016, 05:52 PM

WE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Thank the lord LA didn't draft this bust.

Chalk up another W!
You guys are terrible ****ing people.

Nash
03-11-2016, 06:12 PM
He was playing really good before the injury.

ImKobe
03-11-2016, 06:14 PM
damn that sucks, knee injuries can happen to anyone in the league, why are some people celebrating his injury...

decent year on the offensive end, definitely proved he was worth a top 5 pick, hopefully it's just a slight tear

outbreak
03-11-2016, 06:15 PM
celebrating injuries should be bannable

34-24 Footwork
03-11-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm a lakers fan on this forum and I don't understand how we, of all people, can make fun of a year ending injury (think J Randle).

Shits serious. The kids been having a horrid off court season....this adds salt to the wound.

Wishing a swift recovery.....

Braincells
03-11-2016, 06:22 PM
You guys are terrible ****ing people.

To be fair, those same fans trashed Russell earlier this season (see Jabber's D'Angeslow Bustell's thread). I find it amazing, if not sad they are saying the same things they said about Russell.

I don't think any true fan of the game enjoys these kind of things.

Wishing Okafor a solid recovery. He needs to make the NBA a big man game again.

AI09
03-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Lol all the laker fans hate Jahlil, Mudaiy and kristaps hmm wonder why... you guys pray every night okafor gets injured. He's had one of the toughest rookie seasons with the fight speeding injuries and he's still managing to put up 17 and 7 D'Angelo ain't no bust but neither is Oak.

!@#$%Vectors!@#
03-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Hope he recovers swiftly and fully. Someone needs to destroy the 76'ers

Braincells
03-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Lol all the laker fans hate Jahlil, Mudaiy and kristaps hmm wonder why... you guys pray every night okafor gets injured. He's had one of the toughest rookie seasons with the fight speeding injuries and he's still managing to put up 17 and 7 D'Angelo ain't no bust but neither is Oak.

Actually they hated Russell and loved Jahlil, Mudiay and Porzingis until fairly recently.

I never understood writing rookies off without giving them 1-2 seasons to acclimate to the NBA.

I wouldn't classify them as NBA fans. They are something else. Flip-flopping to whoever is flavor of the month.

AI09
03-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Not to mention he's out there with Nerlens really stunts the development of both, I'd like for someone to post Jahlil numbers w.o Noel and vice versa I see some trades coming around the draft could be Noel that's dealt could be Oak could be both depends on what's on the table.

Mr. Jabbar
03-11-2016, 06:29 PM
To be fair, those same fans trashed Russell earlier this season (see Jabber's D'Angeslow Bustell's thread). I find it amazing, if not sad they are saying the same things they said about Russell.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=380875

:cheers:

ralph_i_el
03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Minor injury, he should be fine long term.

Lakers fans have no class. This is not new, but it's still ****ing disgusting

AirTupac
03-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Stop grouping these trolls with Laker fans guys.

AI09
03-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Actually they hated Russell and loved Jahlil, Mudiay and Porzingis until fairly recently.

I never understood writing rookies off without giving them 1-2 seasons to acclimate to the NBA.

I wouldn't classify them as NBA fans. They are something else. Flip-flopping to whoever is flavor of the month.

I think it's because laker fans started going crazy during summer league and start of season watching Russell struggle, some laker fans wrote him off before the season began. Some even said Lakers should've drafted Oak,kristaps,Mudiay and thats where airtupacs anger stems from its like hating Wade because the raps drafted Bosh

G0ATbe
03-11-2016, 06:37 PM
Meanwhile D'angelo dropping 25-30 every other night:rockon:

Bust though

AirTupac
03-11-2016, 06:38 PM
I think it's because laker fans started going crazy during summer league and start of season watching Russell struggle, some laker fans wrote him off before the season began. Some even said Lakers should've drafted Oak,kristaps,Mudiay and thats where airtupacs anger stems from its like hating Wade because the raps drafted Bosh

Wtf? I made the thread. I didnt make any negative comments you idiot :facepalm

I've been on the D'Angelo train since they drafted him. I couldnt give a shit about no defense Okafor dude.

Legends66NBA7
03-11-2016, 06:40 PM
Not a Sixers fan, but here is hoping this kid can bounce back from this. He has the tools to be good offensively, but now a defensive coach needs to teach him the ropes on consistent defense.

TomBrady
03-11-2016, 06:42 PM

There's a difference between trashing someone for their on-court performance/potential and celebrating an injury.

You're right that anyone celebrating this isn't a true fan of the game though.

AI09
03-11-2016, 06:46 PM

I've been on the D'Angelo train since they drafted him. I couldnt give a shit about no defense Okafor dude.

I never said you gave up on Russell I said some laker fans did and some Lakers fans said oak Porzingis and Mudaiy would've been better after watching Russell struggle early. What I said about you is only reason you hate Oak and wish bad upon him is because you are scared of him out shining Russell and people saying Lakers FO fuked up. Truth is you never hated Oak until draft night and I know for a fact if the Lakers picked okafor you would be repin Oak/Randle and bashing Russell n Kristaps

90sgoat
03-11-2016, 06:53 PM
3 years of tanking for Ish Smith.

Hinkie goat gm.

AirTupac
03-11-2016, 07:00 PM
I never said you gave up on Russell I said some laker fans did and some Lakers fans said oak Porzingis and Mudaiy would've been better after watching Russell struggle early. What I said about you is only reason you hate Oak and wish bad upon him is because you are scared of him out shining Russell and people saying Lakers FO fuked up. Truth is you never hated Oak until draft night and I know for a fact if the Lakers picked okafor you would be repin Oak/Randle and bashing Russell n Kristaps

Its almost as if a fan is gonna cheer for the player his team drafts :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not scared of Okafor for sure. I believe in our FO and Russell. You are making things up and saying very stupid things like "hey you cheer for Russell cause your team drafted him, you would cheer for Okafor if your team drafted him HAH BOOM"

FKAri
03-11-2016, 07:02 PM
There's a difference between trashing someone for their on-court performance/potential and celebrating an injury.

You're right that anyone celebrating this isn't a true fan of the game though.

One doesn't have to be a true fan of the game. Just a fan of humans.

imnew09
03-11-2016, 07:09 PM
Look at allthese salty a$$ drama queens. We are not celebrating because he got injured . We are happy that we picked the right draft with our 2 pick. Stop making sh** up and blame it solely on the Lakers fans.

At the end of the day, i do wish him a speedy recovery

coin24
03-11-2016, 07:13 PM
That sucks hope he can come back strong next season, and hope it's a better situation in Philly by then..:cheers:

What's with all the crybabys in this thread? You're all shook over a few of the trolls? That's 90% of this place unfortunately. Even though it's probably 3 or 4 virgins with too many alts..

Originally I wanted okafor but dangelo has proven himself to be the right choice, it helped when Byron stopped benching him.. It wasn't on some knick fans booing porzingod level dislike:lol

bigkingsfan
03-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Not like he tore his achilles.

AI09
03-11-2016, 07:28 PM
That sucks hope he can come back strong next season, and hope it's a better situation in Philly by then..:cheers:

What's with all the crybabys in this thread? You're all shook over a few of the trolls? That's 90% of this place unfortunately. Even though it's probably 3 or 4 virgins with too many alts..

Originally I wanted okafor but dangelo has proven himself to be the right choice, it helped when Byron stopped benching him.. It wasn't on some knick fans booing porzingod level dislike:lol

Tables have been stacked against him when he got drafted to Philly knowing the situation that's playing out there on top of that he's sharing the post with Noel really hurt his game a bit still impressive 17 and 7 on what I consider a bad rookie year compared to what he could've accomplished in a more established environment. Like you said hope Philly turns it around in the summer they have definitely collected the assets to make a pretty big improvement next season.

Levity
03-11-2016, 07:34 PM
Tables have been stacked against him when he got drafted to Philly knowing the situation that's playing out there on top of that he's sharing the post with Noel really hurt his game a bit still impressive 17 and 7 on what I consider a bad rookie year compared to what he could've accomplished in a more established environment. Like you said hope Philly turns it around in the summer they have definitely collected the assets to make a pretty big improvement next season.

russel had the same difficulties minus the dumb off court decisions okafor made. the only rookie worth mentioning that fell into an ideal situation was mudiay (knowing lawson was as good as gone on draft day)

russel had just as much okafor to overcome (coach that catered to a farewell tour, playing with an ISO backcourt, running a non pg friendly offense), without being given the greenlight to be the focus of the offense like JO on day one of the season

AI09
03-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Its almost as if a fan is gonna cheer for the player his team drafts :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not scared of Okafor for sure. I believe in our FO and Russell. You are making things up and saying very stupid things like "hey you cheer for Russell cause your team drafted him, you would cheer for Okafor if your team drafted him HAH BOOM"

Lol you make a thread about okafor and than go on to say i dont care about no d okafor. when okafor was dropping 20 points a night consistantly you stayed quiet when he dropped 30 you stayed quiet, how many threads did you make after russell had decent 10-18 point games? Every D'Angelo thread you make you bring up Oak but yeah taking time out of your day to make a thread about okafor really solidifys how much you don't care about him.

TomCat
03-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I thought this guy was going to be something special. i saw a bit of Bron in him in his first game and in college

coin24
03-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Lol you make a thread about okafor and than go on to say i dont care about no d okafor. when okafor was dropping 20 points a night consistantly you stayed quiet when he dropped 30 you stayed quiet, how many threads did you make after russell had decent 10-18 point games? Every D'Angelo thread you make you bring up Oak but yeah taking time out of your day to make a thread about okafor really solidifys how much you don't care about him.

Lol.. Another alt hey

coin24
03-11-2016, 07:59 PM

Yeah it's about time Philly did something with all the picks and cap space. Because currently they look directionless.. Might want to trade embiid

Nick Young
03-11-2016, 08:14 PM
no way can this glass cannon be awarded rookie of the year now.

Just give the award to 3'Angelo Bucketsdale already

Lebron23
03-11-2016, 08:16 PM
Kobetards are a bunch of classless morons. Get Well Soon Mr. Okafor.

IllegalD
03-11-2016, 08:19 PM
Kobetards are a bunch of classless morons. Get Well Soon Mr. Okafor.

Says the guy who constantly tells other posters to kill themselves.

You hypocritical little b*tch.

Watch you run to Jeff like a p*ssy and report me.

AI09
03-11-2016, 08:20 PM
no way can this glass cannon be awarded rookie of the year now.

Just give the award to 3'Angelo Bucketsdale already

Oak wasn't going to win the award anyway KAT and Porzingis were both ahead of him before the injury now after the inj the rookie ladder for ROY looks like this in my eyes
KAT
Porzingis/Russel
Okafor
Booker

AI09
03-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Lol.. Another alt hey

Na this is my only account I know it looks like a alt since it's been up since 06 and not many posts.

AI09
03-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Yeah it's about time Philly did something with all the picks and cap space. Because currently they look directionless.. Might want to trade embiid

This is the summer they start making moves I'm not saying they are going to aquire a super star but it'll be the summer where the FO will assemble a team to compete for something other than the worst record.

Okafor
Noel
Embiid
Saric
Our pick (top 4)
Heat and Okc picks
And possibly Lakers pick 4th or 5th
Cap space
Grant and Covington

All these assets have value around the league and could help us improve next year through development or trade.

SwishSquared
03-11-2016, 08:54 PM
Tough break for the guy and hopefully he can recover fully. Had no clue he had a knee issue, but it sounds like he's in good hands.

Nick Young
03-11-2016, 08:58 PM
Tough break for the guy and hopefully he can recover fully. Had no clue he had a knee issue, but it sounds like he's in good hands.
Sounds like he's Oden 2.0

ralph_i_el
03-12-2016, 12:19 AM

could just as easily say No-D'Angelo

Im Still Ballin
03-12-2016, 12:23 AM

WE DID IT AGAIN!!!!!!!
Wishing injury and celebrating injury upon a player?

Ban-worthy.

BigNBAfan
03-12-2016, 12:34 AM
Wishing injury and celebrating injury upon a player?

Ban-worthy.

Are you stupid? He did neither

STATUTORY
03-12-2016, 12:41 AM
we still questioning Mitch picking D'Alpha RUSSELL?!

Okafor is done, guy had subpar athleticism and lift to begin with. It's hard to see him coming back after this

Black and White
03-12-2016, 01:00 AM
Wish him a safe recovery, looks like Philly will really get Simmons.

AirTupac
03-12-2016, 03:17 AM

Lol bruh youre making things up. Russell has had a better rookie season already and yet Okafor is basically a finished product. I dont even look at Okafor in the same level as D'Angelo

coin24
03-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Wish him a safe recovery, looks like Philly will really get Simmons.

Feel sorry for any player going there. What a mess

AI09
03-12-2016, 06:49 PM
Lol bruh youre making things up. Russell has had a better rookie season already and yet Okafor is basically a finished product. I dont even look at Okafor in the same level as D'Angelo

I agree okafor is closer to being a finished product than Russel is but Okafor has had the better rookie season but the injury will change that obviously. Russell just started getting his opportunity after all star break and hasnt dissapointed. Okafor played pretty good after the break too but unfortunately got injured just happy it isn't anything serious. Okafor numbers would've been even better than 17 and 7.5 if he didn't have to share the post with noel and i don't see Philly keeping all Noel Okafor Embiid Saric this summer, moves need to be made.

Just curious since you don't think russel and Okafor are on the same level what do you think prime russel will average?

SwishSquared
03-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Sounds like he's Oden 2.0This is the first injury of note he's had since high school and will be given ample time to recover... Oden came back too early from his first knee injury- it may have not made a difference, but it did seem to accelerate his body breaking down.