PDA

View Full Version : Should Kevin Durant go to the Trailblazers?

keep-itreal
03-12-2016, 02:18 AM
I mean, why not?

They got Damian Lillard

Mike smith
03-12-2016, 02:21 AM
I mean, why not?

They got Damian Lillard
Westbrook is better then lillard he's going to sign a 1+1 makes most sense

Kvnzhangyay
03-12-2016, 02:22 AM
Boston is way better

Esp if they can get Horford this offseason

bigkingsfan
03-12-2016, 02:27 AM
It would be OKC all over.

Mr. Jabbar
03-12-2016, 02:30 AM
durant just needs to get rid of westbrook /thread

Heavincent
03-12-2016, 02:33 AM

No, because the Blazers have McCollum too. Perfect fit. He's the third option OKC has been missing since Harden.

keep-itreal
03-12-2016, 02:43 AM
Westbrook is better then lillard he's going to sign a 1+1 makes most sense

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vi3GYcX23zo/U4qe-q46CMI/AAAAAAAAHKo/MAPhB6jq7fE/s1600/4.gif

https://streamable.com/5u3n

:roll: :roll:

bigkingsfan
03-12-2016, 02:45 AM
No, because the Blazers have McCollum too. Perfect fit. He's the third option OKC has been missing since Harden.
No such thing as a perfect fit until they play together.

Mike smith
03-12-2016, 02:50 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vi3GYcX23zo/U4qe-q46CMI/AAAAAAAAHKo/MAPhB6jq7fE/s1600/4.gif

https://streamable.com/5u3n

:roll: :roll:
Is that you trying to argue by posting one play? Not very good argument

qrich
03-12-2016, 04:04 AM

Portland has better supporting pieces though with CJ McCollum and a shit ton of cap to boot. Plus, Neil Olshey is a good to great General Manager, one I'd trust every second of my life over the Thunder GM.

RoseCity07
03-12-2016, 04:25 AM
Blazers would be way better than current OKC because Lillard gets the ball to the star. He sacrificed for Aldridge to be the star. He would always give it to KD at the end of the game which is something Westbrook won't ever do.

Monta Ellis MVP
03-12-2016, 04:30 AM
Portland is a very poor team and they do not have the pieces to attract KD. Even if KD did join the Blazers they would still be a poor to mediocre team at best.

qrich
03-12-2016, 04:34 AM
Portland is a very poor team and they do not have the pieces to attract KD. Even if KD did join the Blazers they would still be a poor to mediocre team at best.

Damian Lillard, arguably the fourth best point in the league behind Russ, Chris and Steph.

CJ McCollum, a scoring two that also plays defense.

Insane cap space.

How's that no assets and adding KD to a team that is battling for the fifth slot is mediocre?

bigkingsfan
03-12-2016, 05:15 AM
Portland has better supporting pieces though with CJ McCollum and a shit ton of cap to boot. Plus, Neil Olshey is a good to great General Manager, one I'd trust every second of my life over the Thunder GM.
That "shit" GM drafted WB, Ibaka, Harden, Jackson. Most team in the NBA has cap space, the point is to attract free agent, who was the last big name to sign with Portland?

navy
03-12-2016, 05:19 AM
Presti is one of the best in the league. Not his fault ownership is cheap and they had to panic on Kanter cause they needed to win this year.

Old Man River
03-12-2016, 05:23 AM
Presti is one of the best in the league. Not his fault ownership is cheap and they had to panic on Kanter cause they needed to win this year.
hows that not his fault

navy
03-12-2016, 05:28 AM
hows that not his fault
Ownership is cheap so his hands are tied :confusedshrug:

qrich
03-12-2016, 05:34 AM
That "shit" GM drafted WB, Ibaka, Harden, Jackson. Most team in the NBA has cap space, the point is to attract free agent, who was the last big name to sign with Portland?

Where'd I say shit? :confusedshrug:

Ownership is cheap so his hands are tied :confusedshrug:

Sterling was the cheapest owner, ever. And Mike Dunleavy got him to spend $$.

Graviton
03-12-2016, 05:42 AM
When will people start realizing maybe Kevin Durant isn't a God and actually start holding HIM accountable? It's always "He should go here, he should do this".

He scores lot of points on great efficiency, but do you actually FEAR him when he has the ball in his hands? I sure as hell don't, after watching him for 5-6 years I already know exactly what's gonna happen. Sometimes he will hit a "bad shot" and everyone will call him clutch, but the other times he will turn it over, brick a terrible pullup 3, or just fumble the ball from tough perimeter defense.

Him and Westbrook have some real glaring weaknesses that cost them games, neither of them is on Curry's level right now. Neither is gonna carry any current team to a championship. They will be 30 in a couple years, it's time to stop making excuses.

bigkingsfan
03-12-2016, 05:42 AM

He must be shit if you easily pick the Portland GM over him, despite Presti having a much better track record.

qrich
03-12-2016, 05:54 AM
He must be shit if you easily pick the Portland GM over him, despite Presti having a much better track record.

Olshey was the catalyst in the Clippers acquiring Paul and put together the best Clippers team in ages, during a lock-out season. Also got Sterling to again gamble on opening his wallet.

Went to Portland after a 28-38 season, drafted Lillard/Plumlee and dumped Felton. Went 33-49. Drafted CJ McCollum, won 54, lost in Semis. Followed it up by winning 51 and no picks. Now, he lost Aldridge, but smart trades/signings has the Blazers in the sixth slot.

All this without top picks :confusedshrug:

dunksby
03-12-2016, 06:07 AM

Sterling was the cheapest owner, ever. And Mike Dunleavy got him to spend $$.
Does Sterling fly coach?

Kaiser’s low-key persona–it took several months of conversations to convince him to talk to FORBES merely about his philanthropy–manifests itself physically. He may rank 31st on this year’s Forbes 400, but his watch is a $20 Casio. He insists on flying coach (his wife once sent him a drink from first class), and his office at the headquarters of Kaiser-Francis Oil, crammed with teetering stacks of papers, is fit less for an oil tycoon than for a math professor.

Ass Dan
03-12-2016, 06:09 AM
Boston is way better

Esp if they can get Horford this offseason

Bill Simmons posts here?

bigkingsfan
03-12-2016, 06:10 AM
Olshey was the catalyst in the Clippers acquiring Paul and put together the best Clippers team in ages, during a lock-out season. Also got Sterling to again gamble on opening his wallet.

Went to Portland after a 28-38 season, drafted Lillard/Plumlee and dumped Felton. Went 33-49. Drafted CJ McCollum, won 54, lost in Semis. Followed it up by winning 51 and no picks. Now, he lost Aldridge, but smart trades/signings has the Blazers in the sixth slot.

All this without top picks :confusedshrug:
Chris Paul wanted to be a Clippers or that would never even happened.

Portland was a 50 game winner before they went into tank mode.

They're two games over .500 and one lost from the eight seed, the West is having a down year, so lets not kid ourself on their progress.

BlazerRed
03-12-2016, 12:36 PM
Yes

thefatmiral
03-12-2016, 06:05 PM
Third in the west a with the best chance to beat the Warriors shouldn't blow it up. I would like to see him in blazers though. Lillard would be a better teammate.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-12-2016, 06:07 PM
Sure. But more than likely Durant on the Blazers is still not on the same level as the Warriors. Possibly even the Spurs, although you would have to think they won't be like this forever. I mean c'mon. It's been like 19 years already.

Genaro
03-12-2016, 06:28 PM
When will people start realizing maybe Kevin Durant isn't a God and actually start holding HIM accountable? It's always "He should go here, he should do this".

He scores lot of points on great efficiency, but do you actually FEAR him when he has the ball in his hands? I sure as hell don't, after watching him for 5-6 years I already know exactly what's gonna happen. Sometimes he will hit a "bad shot" and everyone will call him clutch, but the other times he will turn it over, brick a terrible pullup 3, or just fumble the ball from tough perimeter defense.

Him and Westbrook have some real glaring weaknesses that cost them games, neither of them is on Curry's level right now. Neither is gonna carry any current team to a championship. They will be 30 in a couple years, it's time to stop making excuses.
I agree with this. No matter what happens Westbrook is always the scapegoat.
Someone even posted a GIF desperation shot by Westbrook in the 2014 playoffs. But it was KD in that same game who stumbled by himself in the clutch and lost the game.

keep-itreal
03-13-2016, 12:35 AM
Should Kevin Durant go to the Trailblazers?

yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IB5lEpASIc