PDA

View Full Version : Which EC team has the best chances of beating Cavaliers?

nba_55
03-13-2016, 07:20 PM
I think fully healthy Miami are the only team that could beat them in a 7 games series. Raptors' 2nd best player is too big of choker for them to have a chance. Celtics don't have enough talent. The rest is trash.

qrich
03-13-2016, 07:26 PM
Washington! :rockon:

Captvic
03-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Boston.

Their defense is legit.

ScalsFan21
03-13-2016, 07:51 PM
The truth is (of course an injury to LeBron notwithstanding...) no team in the East is capable of beating Cleveland in a 7-game series. In fact, no team in the league is capable other than GSW and SA.

Which team is best suited to actually make a healthy Cleveland have to sweat things out to a 5th or maybe if a miracle happens, 6th game? Toronto.

Kobe_6/8
03-13-2016, 07:55 PM
The Cavaliers :roll: they have a chance at beating themselves with chemistry issues.

Edit: Pistons/Wizards darkhorse

Heavincent
03-13-2016, 07:57 PM
Nobody, but if I had to pick somebody it would be Boston.

Finger Roll
03-13-2016, 08:09 PM
Raptors second best player is too big of a choker?

Assuming you're referring to Demar, who's hardly had enough opportunity to be called a choker at this point. He's grown into a much better play maker this season and makes smarter choices on trying to force his offense.

Lowry had a terrible series too, but he was banged up and much better shape this year. Cory Joseph will help a lot, high ball IQ, good defense and has been deep in the playoffs.

Terrence Ross seems to be a lot more accepting of his roll and seems to be a lot less sulky looking compared to where he was last year. Even though Casey still has a funny way of shifting around his subs, at least he probably understands that by now and comes in to play when he gets minutes.

Hopefully James Johnson come in and busts his ass for some small minutes each game. He's capable of giving Lebron some good physical possessions when he gets the opportunity. Just a matter of Casey working him in and not forgetting about the guy like last year when we really needed him.

Biyombo should be a huge help, he's a beast on the glass and plays hard as hell. You know he's going to bring it this post season and give Tristan a hard batter in the boards. He's a FA this off season and adds in some great post season toughness and reliability

Scola and a hopeful healthy Carrol only add more veteran leadership that the Raptors needed. They also help add different line up styles that we didnt get much of last year. I don't see Scola being a great guy to match up with many Cavs players, but at least he's another leader on or off the floor for guys like Val and Bismack.

Casey has the team behind him this year and it shows with a more consistent style of play from game to game. A lot of pressure was on this team last year and guys like Demar and Lowry were still relatively under appreciated. They know their respected this year and how to utilize the other guys around them better. Expect them to play with a chip to prove last years Wizards series was about as bad you'll see 2 allstars play together.

I almost forgot to consider the guys we had last year that really added no value :Vasquez, Amir Johnson and Lou Williams.

Vasquez hit some shots (his celebrating makes you believe he hit more) but in no way would anyone call him a player you want helping an inexperienced team make a post season run. He played terrible defense and never crashed the boards.

Lou Williams was horrible for the team, helped win some games for us, but was a huge detriment for the cohesiveness you see the team play with this year. Nothing worse than Lou having one good game and then chucking shots like he's still hot for the next 2.

Amir was pretty banged up last year and seemed to lose whatever effectiveness he had come playoffs. If you haven't watched many Raptors game, you probably haven't considered how much of a positive it's been for Toronto no longer having those 3 play big minutes for us. Can't say Pyscho T is all that missed either!

If you say Miami still, at least provide some points to back that opinion.

Cocaine80s
03-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Literally every team from 1-8 will have a chance of beating them. The EC is stacked heavy from top to bottom

Legends66NBA7
03-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Finger Roll with a great write up. Repped. Need Rap fans to come back ala Digimon World 1 plot.

stalkerforlife
03-13-2016, 08:28 PM
lol

Meticode
03-13-2016, 08:30 PM
The Cavaliers.

hold this L
03-13-2016, 08:31 PM
Bostons, Miami, & Pistons in that order. I'd say there is a 30% chance that Cavs don't make the final. LBJ and Cavs are just too good despite playing trash in quite a few games since Little Lou took over.

Finger Roll
03-13-2016, 09:35 PM
Finger Roll with a great write up. Repped. Need Rap fans to come back ala Digimon World 1 plot.

Thanks dude, glad to see you holding it down still. I moved into a new house and stayed busy doing some renos until recently, but I'll be around trying to drum up a little Raptors love from now on.

Not sure if everyone saying Boston, Miami or even Detroit comes from the general dismissive attitude toward Toronto on this board or because of last years failure. Likely a combination of that and reluctance to give some praise and credit where its due.

Boston has nice defense, but without Isiah Thomas playing out of his mind every night on offense, than they likely don't have the fire power to get it done. Toronto has the defense and multitude of guys who are capable of having big games against Cleveland.

Miami seems to be the only real choice for me other than the Raptors, but that's only with Bosh coming back healthy. Even then I still take Toronto based on the games I watched each team play this season.

I really can't say much about Detroit since I've only seen a couple of their games this season and neither of those with Tobias. How's he fitting on the team so far? Toronto, Detroit and Boston all have a nice future outlook the next few years.

Legends66NBA7
03-13-2016, 09:38 PM
I don't think it's fair to say Amir wasn't a factor. Playing hurt just caught up to him. Otherwise, he was still the most consistent two way big.

Lou definitely did cause a chemistry issue, but the problem rose well before the season started. Even if Lou was coming back 100%, he always played poor overall in the playoff series. His style doesn't transfer in the playoffs, but can win you games in the RS.

Vasquez was a decent backup but he thought he was more. He didn't like criticism of himself and the team. Also didn't transfer in the playoffs.

Cory, BB, and Scola have all played their part in both developing their games, setting a new tone on defense, leadership, and other intangibles. The fact that Norman Powell and another 1st rounder came from Vasquez makes the present and futuer a lot more happier.

Finger Roll
03-13-2016, 09:59 PM
I don't think it's fair to say Amir wasn't a factor. Playing hurt just caught up to him. Otherwise, he was still the most consistent two way big.

Lou definitely did cause a chemistry issue, but the problem rose well before the season started. Even if Lou was coming back 100%, he always played poor overall in the playoff series. His style doesn't transfer in the playoffs, but can win you games in the RS.

Vasquez was a decent backup but he thought he was more. He didn't like criticism of himself and the team. Also didn't transfer in the playoffs.

Cory, BB, and Scola have all played their part in both developing their games, setting a new tone on defense, leadership, and other intangibles. The fact that Norman Powell and another 1st rounder came from Vasquez makes the present and futuer a lot more happier.

I shouldn't have said Amir wasn't a factor, he played a nice contributing roll and adapted to most teams and matchups to remain effective. I'm only referring to the Wizards series where he was banged up and forced into playing against stronger bigs and active wing players. His style just didn't match up great aginst them.

Vasquez kept the team hyped and did some nice things, but we needed a guy who could be more consistent and play a better true PG roll. Lowry still has times where he goes a bit mental and forgets to initiate the offense when he's frustrated and at least Cojo will play controlled down at both ends.

Scola needs to play the high post game, make good passes and help move the offense when he's out there and that's perfect.