PDA

View Full Version : Would you trade Ben Simmons for Paul George?

Ca$H
03-14-2016, 01:33 AM
PG only has 2 years left on his deal so Indiana would do it. A team like the Lakers would consider it. Trade Lou Williams, Swaggy P, and Simmons for PG. Sign Durant and Horford to max deals. Russell, George, Durant, Randle, Horford with Clarkson as the 6th man.

Fudge
03-14-2016, 01:36 AM
Meltdown.

qrich
03-14-2016, 03:32 AM
Indiana would laugh you off.

Why would you trade George for a guy who's ceiling is right around where George is now?

Fallen Angel
03-14-2016, 03:49 AM

Why would you trade George for a guy who's ceiling is right around where George is now?
You can't tell how high of a ceiling a player has before you see him in a NBA environment.

Indiana is closer to being a win-now team than one that should be rebuilding. Paul George and Miles Turner are a real duo that can be a real threat to teams out East. Their backcourt situation needs to be fixed to where they can fit PG's style of play. They still do need to add depth to the Forward position and get some veterans on their bench.

I can't see Paul George leaving Larry Bird hanging for a lesser GM with a roster that has a short window to win a championship.

theaussieguy
03-14-2016, 03:55 AM

good way to put it, lmao @ being excited about this guy when his ceiling is ****ing Paul George lmao

Ca$H
03-14-2016, 11:26 AM

Simmons and George are nothing alike. Ingram is more similar to Paul George.

Ca$H
03-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Meltdown.

Fudge Packer, care to elaborate?

Im Still Ballin
03-14-2016, 11:27 AM
I'd love the Kings to get him somehow

Ca$H
03-14-2016, 11:29 AM
You can't tell how high of a ceiling a player has before you see him in a NBA environment.

Indiana is closer to being a win-now team than one that should be rebuilding. Paul George and Miles Turner are a real duo that can be a real threat to teams out East. Their backcourt situation needs to be fixed to where they can fit PG's style of play. They still do need to add depth to the Forward position and get some veterans on their bench.

I can't see Paul George leaving Larry Bird hanging for a lesser GM with a roster that has a short window to win a championship.

Indiana has become progressively worse. They were a serious threat to win the East a couple years ago and now they are a 7th seed team that will lose in the 1st round.

Zach LaVine
03-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Depends on the team. A win now team would (like Wiggins for Love deal), but a rebuilding team should take Simmons. Pacers are not near a championship right now, so I think it would be wise for them.

Fallen Angel
03-14-2016, 02:15 PM
Indiana has become progressively worse. They were a serious threat to win the East a couple years ago and now they are a 7th seed team that will lose in the 1st round.
The team is totally different from what it was in 2013-2014.

Roy Hibbert is gone, Pacers just gave up on him even though he was still a really good defensive center. Had PG not gotten hurt he probably would have stayed.

David West is gone, he's the toughness and grit of those Pacer teams and without him it seems Indiana is void of a veteran leader besides Paul George.

Lance left because he felt the Pacers low-balled him with a contract offer the season after he led the league in triple doubles.

Last season the Pacers were a poor man's Memphis Grizzlies where they lacked a go-to scorer and relied on grit and defense to win games. Fast forward to this season and the culture for the Pacers is completely different.

I wouldn't put too much blame on Paul George for the team's drop in the Eastern Conference totem pole. This is just the first full season of the Pacer rebuild for Eastern Conference dominance.

And I just read OP, hope I didn't waste all this time posting in a delusional troll thread. I hope it's serious.

miggyme1
03-14-2016, 02:42 PM
im not understanding the ben simmons hype. Dude is the next great bust. All these LeBron comparisons,media hype,shoe deal is gonna kill him before he even takes his first layup in the pros.

IDK who had the worst one and done campaign with all the hype...wiggins or simmons....hell at least wiggins got better as the season progressed.

IncarceratedBob
03-14-2016, 03:14 PM
George isn't good enough to be the best player on a championship team, Simmons might be

Ranked 12th
03-14-2016, 03:20 PM
Meltdown

outbreak
03-14-2016, 03:32 PM
i wouldn't trade a proven star for an unproven rookie unless there were other circumstances.

PP34Deuce
03-14-2016, 03:47 PM
George isn't good enough to be the best player on a championship team, Simmons might be

I agree about Paul George. Simmons is still young but when I see him play I don't see Lebron or Blake. He's not as freakish athletic as those guys.

Lebron had jumper issues coming in but he still scored 20 PPG in his sleep. Simmons reminds me of Boris Diaw.

He's been inconsistent with lack of leadership in college. Durant,Rose, and Melo went far in their tournament with less talented teams. That's a red flag to me.

Physically, he has everything to be a very good NBA player but the motor seems inconsisent. Diaw coming out couldn't shoot but had great intangibles and IQ. Simmons will always be a player but will he be a star? I don't think so.

I see a guy who can be that missing piece with scoring heavy guards.

IGOTGAME
03-14-2016, 04:08 PM
I agree about Paul George. Simmons is still young but when I see him play I don't see Lebron or Blake. He's not as freakish athletic as those guys.

Lebron had jumper issues coming in but he still scored 20 PPG in his sleep. Simmons reminds me of Boris Diaw.

He's been inconsistent with lack of leadership in college. Durant,Rose, and Melo went far in their tournament with less talented teams. That's a red flag to me.

Physically, he has everything to be a very good NBA player but the motor seems inconsisent. Diaw coming out couldn't shoot but had great intangibles and IQ. Simmons will always be a player but will he be a star? I don't think so.

Melos team was talented as hell. What are you talking about...Hamim Warrick and McNamara (one of the best shooters to come through the Big East)

FreezingTsmoove
03-14-2016, 11:06 PM
Melos team was talented as hell. What are you talking about...Hamim Warrick and McNamara (one of the best shooters to come through the Big East)

Not only was Melos team trash but it was a weak era for college basketball

FreezingTsmoove
03-14-2016, 11:13 PM

1. Funny they said the same thing about Jabari Parker and he still is quick and athletic as hell even with a torn acl :rolleyes: And Simmons is as athletic as Jabari (actually he is more athletic according to scouts)

2. So you think Simmons will average 4/4/3 in the rookie year? :lol :rolleyes:

3. Are you trying to say Melo and Rose had a less talented team than this years LSU :wtf: and are you underestimating the ATG COACHES THAT ROSE AND MELO PLAYED FOR COMPARED TO SIMMONS :rant :rant

4. :facepalm

IGOTGAME
03-15-2016, 12:05 AM
Not only was Melos team trash but it was a weak era for college basketball

The era of basketball is irrelevant, child. All that matters is how it ranked as far as his comp at the time.

And having a great college shooter and an NBA power forward FREAK athlete is a good damn cast. They weren't trash or close to it.

FreezingTsmoove
03-15-2016, 12:09 AM
The era of basketball is irrelevant, child. All that matters is how it ranked as far as his comp at the time.

And having a great college shooter and an NBA power forward FREAK athlete is a good damn cast. They weren't trash or close to it.

They were trash. All the great players were heading straight to the NBA

He dominated weak competition and it showed when Melo was unable to win in the NBA