PDA

View Full Version : Who are the top Rookies so far in this season? (2015-2016)

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
03-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Now that the season is nearing the end... Who makes your list for the NBA All-Rookies Teams and Rookie Of The Year? Any predictions?

NBA All-Rookie First Team

Karl-Anthony Towns
Kristaps Porzingis
Jahlil Okafor
Devin Booker
D'Angelo Russell

NBA All-Rookie Second Team

Nikola Jokic
Emmanuel Mudiay
Myles Turner
Stanley Johnson
Justise Winslow

Rookie Of The Year

Karl-Anthony Towns

Yankstar
03-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Towns is locked for ROTY. Kristaps/D'angelo 2nd place equals

smoovegittar
03-14-2016, 07:29 PM
No discrepancies with your list order. KAT leads all rookies by far for the nod.

AirTupac
03-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Agreed with op and repped

livingby3's
03-14-2016, 08:46 PM
Big fan of Devin Booker, but KAT is something else. This draft class looking great with immense potential.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
03-14-2016, 11:56 PM
Agreed with op and reppedI wasn't that sure about Russell earlier this season but he has really elevated his game as of late... He has proved a lot of doubters wrong, including myself. He has been steadily improving all season long. I really see big things from him next year.

I got a huge laugh out of this article I read earlier today... Not sure what the writer's agenda is but I thought he was way off mark on the article.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nba/la-sp-0313-nba-2015-draft-redo-20160313-story.html

FreezingTsmoove
03-14-2016, 11:58 PM
I would replace DAngelo with Mudiay because of the wins Mudiay has led the Nuggets too in comparison to DAngelo

When you look at the Nuggets record without Mudiay and compare it to with him in the lineup its absolutely shocking :eek:

Nick Young
03-15-2016, 12:00 AM
1. 3'Angelo Bucketsdale

coin24
03-15-2016, 12:17 AM
List looks good to me:cheers:

I'm really impressed with how dangelo has turned it around. Hope we fire that d1ckhole Byron before next season..

Prime_Shaq
03-15-2016, 01:21 AM
Pretty much. KAT has ROY on lock, Prozingis made it pretty interesting at the beginning though.

CarlosBoozer
03-15-2016, 01:38 AM
KAT is too good

wobcommish
03-15-2016, 06:26 PM
I would replace DAngelo with Mudiay because of the wins Mudiay has led the Nuggets too in comparison to DAngelo

When you look at the Nuggets record without Mudiay and compare it to with him in the lineup its absolutely shocking :eek:
But that shooting percentage though. :oldlol: 35% FG and 65% FT

Because of the wins? Denver is heading to the lottery again! You sound like they are a playoff team with Mudiay, when in fact they still suck with or without him.

If anybody deserves to replace Russell it would be Myles Turner! Now he's playing on a playoff team and he's putting up solid numbers! If he was on a bad team like the rest of the lottery pics he'd be getting more playing time and scoring 18-20 points a game. Then we would definitely be discussing his name as a candidate for the ROY award!

NugzFan
03-15-2016, 06:49 PM
But that shooting percentage though. :oldlol: 35% FG and 65% FT

Because of the wins? Denver is heading to the lottery again! You sound like they are a playoff team with Mudiay, when in fact they still suck with or without him.

If anybody deserves to replace Russell it would be Myles Turner! Now he's playing on a playoff team and he's putting up solid numbers! If he was on a bad team like the rest of the lottery pics he'd be getting more playing time and scoring 18-20 points a game. Then we would definitely be discussing his name as a candidate for the ROY award!

He said mudiay helped the nuggets win more games than Russell did. Which is completely true. No one said anything about the playoffs.

wobcommish
03-16-2016, 07:57 AM
He said mudiay helped the nuggets win more games than Russell did. Which is completely true. No one said anything about the playoffs.I said the playoffs because that since neither teams is going to make it anyways then why bother even bringing up wins in the first place? T-Wolves are terrible yet KAT is a shoe in for ROY based on his stats not on team win/loss record. So in his theory should we crown Turney ROY since his team has more wins than T-Wolves? No right?

Bottom line Russel stats are better than Mudiay, that is just a fact. Matter of fact since he wants to bring wins in the equation than honestly Jovic has been more important to the Nuggets the Mudiay. Truly if anybody deserves Russell spot then I'd say Turner does or even Jovic. Jovic is the best rookie on the nuggets and more important to their success then Mudiay and his horrible shooting percentage.

kurple
03-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Good thing basketball isnt played in the boxscore

The only thing Russell has on Mudiay is shooting. Thats literallly the only thing

Mudiay reminds me so much of a rookie Jason Kidd, and Kidd was 2 years older when he enters the league

Russell is just another Randy Foye

kurple
03-16-2016, 08:37 AM
Who the **** is Jovic?

And pretty much every Nuggets fan agree that JOKIC has been even better. But he is at some all time level

Future looks amazingely bright

raprap
03-16-2016, 08:56 AM
this draft class is so gooood. Can't believe there's a little to no hype before. 14 looks sucky compared to this class :applause:

Papaya Petee
03-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Im just gonna leave it here you can bump it a few years from now.

Justice Winslow will be a DPOY level all star, and him and Josh Richardson will be a great duo in a few years.

AirTupac
03-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Mudiay is a broken PG.

Russell is already turning out to be a better defender. Russell is a better leader, scorer, defender and passer.

When you shoot 20%+ 3pt and 30% FG, you are bad.

NugzFan
03-16-2016, 12:13 PM
I said the playoffs because that since neither teams is going to make it anyways then why bother even bringing up wins in the first place? T-Wolves are terrible yet KAT is a shoe in for ROY based on his stats not on team win/loss record. So in his theory should we crown Turney ROY since his team has more wins than T-Wolves? No right?

Bottom line Russel stats are better than Mudiay, that is just a fact. Matter of fact since he wants to bring wins in the equation than honestly Jovic has been more important to the Nuggets the Mudiay. Truly if anybody deserves Russell spot then I'd say Turner does or even Jovic. Jovic is the best rookie on the nuggets and more important to their success then Mudiay and his horrible shooting percentage.

So either you make the playoffs or you don't? There's no other option? The fact that mudiay has helped his team win far more now suddenly doesn't mean anything because of some arbitrary numbers you want to use? Nice try.

And your kat/Turner example is pathetically laughable.

NugzFan
03-16-2016, 12:14 PM
Who the **** is Jovic?

And pretty much every Nuggets fan agree that JOKIC has been even better. But he is at some all time level

I think jovic was in those resident evil movies.

Future looks amazingely bright

:cheers:

NugzFan
03-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Mudiay is a broken PG.

Russell is already turning out to be a better defender. Russell is a better leader, scorer, defender and passer.

When you shoot 20%+ 3pt and 30% FG, you are bad.

How come you don't make those shitty Russell threads after every game?

Oh.

ballinhun8
03-16-2016, 01:18 PM
Remember the name Bobby Portis!!!

You will here him even more come playoff time.

AirTupac
03-16-2016, 03:48 PM
How come you don't make those shitty Russell threads after every game?

Oh.

Cause 14 points on 50% is regular for him. Not a career night like Bootiay. Career 30% shooter :roll:

NugzFan
03-16-2016, 04:25 PM
Cause 14 points on 50% is regular for him. Not a career night like Bootiay. Career 30% shooter :roll:

Wrong answer.

wobcommish
03-17-2016, 07:03 AM
So either you make the playoffs or you don't? There's no other option? The fact that mudiay has helped his team win far more now suddenly doesn't mean anything because of some arbitrary numbers you want to use? Nice try. :roll: You Nuggets fans only argument is "Mudiay has won more games for his team than Russell has for his team" Yeah let's just ignore the obvious facts like Russell is statistically better than Mudiay is. Maybe if Mudiay was shooting a somewhat respectable FG and FT percentage and not a pathetic percentage then maybe your argument would hold weight but it doesn't. Yeah Let's just pretend that those atrocious shooting percentages by Mudiay are the reason why the nuggets have won more games... :roll: Mudiay isn't even the best rookie on his own team. Just get over it dude and stop whining. Russell is the better player... the statistics speak for themselves.

And your kat/Turner example is pathetically laughable. Just because it doesn't fit your agenda. How about you tell me why it's so laughable?

wobcommish
03-17-2016, 07:30 AM
The only thing Russell has on Mudiay is shooting. Thats literallly the only thing Really? :facepalm Because Russell averages more points, more rebounds and more steals than Mudiay all doing so with playing 3 mins less a game than him. Russell is a more efficient player and a better defender. But yeah... all Russell has on him is "shooting". Delusional much?

QUOTE=kurple] Mudiay reminds me so much of a rookie Jason Kidd, and Kidd was 2 years older when he enters the league

Russell is just another Randy Foye[/QUOTE]:roll: Are you ****ing delusional or just a ****ing idiot? You have zero credibility after a statement like that... Not that you had any before. Jason Kidd's rookie year was NOTHING like Mudiay's rookie year... Well except for both of their 3 point shooting. Mudiay was no where near the defender or passer Kid was in his rookie year. They don't even play with the same style. What you are saying is just an insult to Jason Kidd's game and proves to us all that you are a moron.

wobcommish
03-17-2016, 07:36 AM
Mudiay is a broken PG.

When you shoot 20%+ 3pt and 30% FG, you are bad.Nuggets fan are just salty because their shitty team keeps losing and will never amount to anything. They are just a bunch of haters. :oldlol:

kurple
03-17-2016, 07:37 AM
Loool at Russell being a better defender

KG215
03-17-2016, 08:11 AM
He doesn't deserve to make either All-Rookie team, but Cameron Payne has been better than I had expected/hoped this year. I thought he could be good for us in s a few years, but when Donovan isn't being a dumbass and gluing Payne to the bench, he plays well and OKC plays better with him taking minutes away from Waiters and/or Singler. I know about 10-15 games into Payne being in the rotation, his on/off and RPM numbers were surprisingly good. He isn't lighting up the boxscore, but he's already a more than capable ball-handler and creator for the second unit.

For whatever reasons, Donovan went into full braindead mode and benched him once we traded for Foye which coincided with OKC looking their absolute worst of the season. We were running no point guard lineups at times and it was a disaster. Payne has been back in the rotation since Waiters' brother died and DIon was gone for four games, but now that Dion is back, I fear he'll go back to getting 25-30 minutes a night and Payne will be benched again.

Phenith
03-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Don't they name these teams position-less now? Like it could be 5 guards or 5 centers?

If my thinking is right, Jokic has a case to bump Booker or Russell, but either way the lists looks pretty solid as is... this has been a really strong rookie crop this year.

Zach LaVine
03-17-2016, 09:27 AM
Towns is locked for ROTY. Kristaps/D'angelo 2nd place equals
This, though I expect D'Angelo to get more votes because of a strong finish and getting talked about more as voting approaches.

NugzFan
03-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Nuggets fan are just salty because their shitty team keeps losing and will never amount to anything. They are just a bunch of haters. :oldlol:

Oh the irony :oldlol:

I actually enjoy stuff like this because it takes away any last ounces of credibility laker fans had to begin with.

Keep crying. :cry:

NugzFan
03-17-2016, 12:33 PM
:roll: You Nuggets fans only argument is "Mudiay has won more games for his team than Russell has for his team" Yeah let's just ignore the obvious facts like Russell is statistically better than Mudiay is. Maybe if Mudiay was shooting a somewhat respectable FG and FT percentage and not a pathetic percentage then maybe your argument would hold weight but it doesn't. Yeah Let's just pretend that those atrocious shooting percentages by Mudiay are the reason why the nuggets have won more games... :roll: Mudiay isn't even the best rookie on his own team. Just get over it dude and stop whining. Russell is the better player... the statistics speak for themselves.

Just because it doesn't fit your agenda. How about you tell me why it's so laughable?

All of this started because of laker fans "agendas". But you are too stupid to realize it anyways.

making the playoffs or not is some arbitrary success level you made up to take away mudiays success vs Russell. Why? Insecurities of course.

Then you try and compare Turner to kat and wonder why I laugh?

Go back to your coloring books kid.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
03-18-2016, 03:33 AM
Don't they name these teams position-less now? Like it could be 5 guards or 5 centers?

If my thinking is right, Jokic has a case to bump Booker or Russell, but either way the lists looks pretty solid as is... this has been a really strong rookie crop this year.
The head coaches vote on players but they can't vote for their own player. It's a point system... If you get voted to the first team then you recieve 2 points and if you get voted to the 2nd team you get 1 point. Then they compile the points and the 5 five players with the most points get named to the first team and then the next five players highest in points gets named to the second team.

Yes you're right... Position has no bearing on the voting. Coaches vote for the players they feel are deserving of it regardless of position. Now from what I've heard... It's possible to have more than 5 players on either of the rookie teams if players are tied in voting points but I can't recall if that has actually happen before.

Run&Gun=Fun
03-18-2016, 03:57 AM
Booker should get more ROY consideration than Russell.

jimmyjames
03-19-2016, 05:40 AM
Booker should get more ROY consideration than Russell.
Well I think it's unanimous that Towns will win ROY. I don't think any other player should even get any consideration over Towns.

qrich
03-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Suns need to unleash Alan Williams over the last portion of the season, let him average 12/10.