03-14-2016, 10:37 PM
If Barnes asks for too much, let him walk and try signing Batum :applause:

Achilleas
03-14-2016, 10:39 PM
i agree if barnes want max money we should go for batum or caroll

hold this L
03-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Dude Barnes turned down a 16m/year deal, of course that man is asking for too much. :facepalm :lol

How much will Batum cost, because he is definitely a better player than Barnes.

imdaman99
03-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Batum is like a do-it-all kinda player. A Diaw-like player that can run the 2nd team. Would be smart, would expect nothing less from that front office.

MellowYellow
03-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Who cares what Barnes asks for, you can go over the cap all day if you have their bird rights. Personally, I think that rule is ruining parody in the league but hey what can you do?

Inferno
03-14-2016, 10:42 PM
Dude Barnes turned down a 16m/year deal, of course that man is asking for too much. :facepalm :lol

Just came off a $46 mil / 4 year deal...so about $12 million a year. He'll for sure want more though with the higher cap and shit

hold this L
03-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Just came off a $46 mil / 4 year deal...so about $12 million a year. He'll for sure want more though with the higher cap and shit
I still don't think he should get something as much as Green or Klay. I know it might sound silly or egotistical, but they should be the 2nd/3rd highest paid players unless Durant comes. So if he's ok making a few less million a year with a bigger chance of winning trophies, he's definitely the best (and most realistic) option for GS this summer. I'm certain it could cause locker room drama since they purposely took a few less million then they could have when they got their extension.

Good call on Batum. :pimp:

Cocaine80s
03-14-2016, 10:53 PM
Barnes for Shumpert

plowking
03-14-2016, 10:57 PM

Barnes is a better player than Batum.

Just on the basis of his shooting alone.

Legends66NBA7
03-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Kinda want Toronto to get him this summer.

Fallen Angel
03-14-2016, 11:02 PM

this.

and way younger.

Barnes is worth every penny he gets because he's a key player for Golden State. Like it or not, Curry will be the lowest paid starter for Golden State until he signs his next extension. It's better to just pay Barnes than GS gutting out their roster to sign Kevin Durant.

34-24 Footwork
03-14-2016, 11:05 PM
That would be a helluva pickup.

Defense= solid
Size= solid (no homo)
BBIQ= Decent

As far as finishing at the rim, there Warriors would get a little worse, possibly.

Inferno
03-14-2016, 11:05 PM

Batum's had better shooting seasons than Barnes this year on twice the volume

hold this L
03-14-2016, 11:08 PM
this.

and way younger.

Barnes is worth every penny he gets because he's a key player for Golden State. Like it or not, Curry will be the lowest paid starter for Golden State until he signs his next extension. It's better to just pay Barnes than GS gutting out their roster to sign Kevin Durant.
No he is not a key player. Curry, Dray, Klay, Bogut & Iggy are all more important players. Dude's been mediocre for half a season now. Barnes isn't worth more than 10m euros, 12m because of the cap. He can go to a bad club that is going to max him and find out he can't shoot for shit unless he's wide open when they make him the primary shooter.

plowking
03-14-2016, 11:10 PM
Batum's had better shooting seasons than Barnes this year on twice the volume

He can't hit the midrange like Barnes can. Even this season where Barnes has been pretty on and off with it due to his confidence, he has still been better than anything I've seen from Batum.

34-24 Footwork
03-14-2016, 11:14 PM
He can't hit the midrange like Barnes can. Even this season where Barnes has been pretty on and off with it due to his confidence, he has still been better than anything I've seen from Batum.

i don't think you should back away from the idea that Barnes is a better shooter.

There are very few games where I see Barnes miss from any range while he's wide open.

However, within the Warriors offense, EVERYONE shoots the ball with confidence and it seems like everyone is always on. It would be cool to see Batum on a team like that. I liked him in portland.

Inferno
03-14-2016, 11:15 PM
i don't think you should back away from the idea that Barnes is a better shooter.

There are very few games where I see Barnes miss from any range while he's wide open.

However, within the Warriors offense, EVERYONE shoots the ball with confidence and it seems like everyone is always on. It would be cool to see Batum on a team like that. I liked him in portland.

Exactly. Barnes is a good shooter but if he asks for too much he may not be worth it, and someone like Batum may be a good fit in the system :confusedshrug:

34-24 Footwork
03-14-2016, 11:18 PM
Exactly. Barnes is a good shooter but if he asks for too much he may not be worth it, and someone like Batum may be a good fit in the system :confusedshrug:

There's not way a guy like Jeff Green or Batum doesn't thrive in such an offense. Those guys are LONG, explosive and sneaky athletic. The last thing the league needs is a guy like Batum going to the Warriors for an inexpensive pickup.

Those french players demand a lot of bread though

Carbine
03-14-2016, 11:22 PM
Exactly how is Batum going to be affordable for the Warriors.

They're already 80 mil committed next year in contracts. They're capped out.

Batum won't sign for the MLE, this is his last chance at a big pay day.

bdreason
03-15-2016, 02:52 AM

Barnes doesn't do anything better than Batum. Maybe the corner 3 because that's literally all Barnes is good for these days.

I was on the Barnes potential train for quite awhile, but his progression has been incredibly disappointing. Still can't dribble, drive, or pass at an elite level, which is really what this team needs.

Honestly, with all the spacing on the court Barnes should be throwing down monster jams off the drive once a game, not once a week. Instead he's hesitant and passive. Settles for corner 3's and midrange post shots.

Heavincent
03-15-2016, 02:58 AM
Iguodala and Batum on the same team :eek:

Heavincent
03-15-2016, 03:00 AM
There's not way a guy like Jeff Green or Batum doesn't thrive in such an offense. Those guys are LONG, explosive and sneaky athletic. The last thing the league needs is a guy like Batum going to the Warriors for an inexpensive pickup.

Those french players demand a lot of bread though

Jeff Green absolutely sucks like 75% of the time.

Proctor
03-15-2016, 03:10 AM
Barnes is valuable because he's clutch when it absolutely matters most. Maybe not in some big game in the regular season, but he steps up in the playoffs when a basket is needed, whether or not he has a big scoring game.

To4
03-15-2016, 03:21 AM
Why not marvin williams? Could be the stretch 4 for the dubs when they roll out the death squad

Hopper15
03-15-2016, 03:38 AM
Exactly how is Batum going to be affordable for the Warriors.

They're already 80 mil committed next year in contracts. They're capped out.

Batum won't sign for the MLE, this is his last chance at a big pay day.

Exactly. The only player the Warriors would gut their bench to open up a max deal for is Durant.

buddha
03-15-2016, 03:41 AM
Batum is a better 3 point shooter and playmaker but Harrison Barnes can play better post defense and is younger.

personally, I'd let Barnes walk, go for Durant and have Batum as a back-up plan.

Fallen Angel
03-15-2016, 03:45 AM
Look, Barnes a key player for the Warriors.

He's a 6'9" COMBO Forward who can rebound, can defend three different possessions, can shoot 3's, and can finish at the rim

The Warriors don't have another player like that on their roster that can fill the void left in their try-hard lineup. And the players similar to Barnes are gonna get paid as well in this new CBA. Players like Chandler Parsons, Rudy Gay, and Luol Deng are gonna command money with this new salary cap, but Harrison Barnes is gonna earn so much more than them because he still have potential to grow even more as a player due to the fact that he's only 23.

Also, Harrison Barnes doesn't seem like the type of player to chase money and only care about his earning potential. This is probably just a thing with his agent where he thinks Barnes is worth more as a Free Agent and refuses to approve of him signing an extension before the season even starts to what looks to the agent as being a paycut for a 23 year young player.

Hopper15
03-15-2016, 05:18 AM
Look, Barnes a key player for the Warriors.

He's a 6'9" COMBO Forward who can rebound, can defend three different possessions, can shoot 3's, and can finish at the rim

The Warriors don't have another player like that on their roster that can fill the void left in their try-hard lineup. And the players similar to Barnes are gonna get paid as well in this new CBA. Players like Chandler Parsons, Rudy Gay, and Luol Deng are gonna command money with this new salary cap, but Harrison Barnes is gonna earn so much more than them because he still have potential to grow even more as a player due to the fact that he's only 23.

Also, Harrison Barnes doesn't seem like the type of player to chase money and only care about his earning potential. This is probably just a thing with his agent where he thinks Barnes is worth more as a Free Agent and refuses to approve of him signing an extension before the season even starts to what looks to the agent as being a paycut for a 23 year young player.

He fired the agent that wanted him to sign the 4 years 64 million dollar extension. Barnes is trying to get every penny of a max deal with the rising salary cap.

It's not really surprising though considering he's won a ring. It's all about the money now.

kurple
03-15-2016, 05:25 AM
batum will get close to the max. very close

kurple
03-15-2016, 05:26 AM
Exactly. Barnes is a good shooter but if he asks for too much he may not be worth it, and someone like Batum may be a good fit in the system :confusedshrug:you say this like Batum wont ask for much

Zach LaVine
03-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Batum training under Iggy for a year or 2 would be great.

hold this L
03-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Barnes doesn't do anything better than Batum. Maybe the corner 3 because that's literally all Barnes is good for these days.

I was on the Barnes potential train for quite awhile, but his progression has been incredibly disappointing. Still can't dribble, drive, or pass at an elite level, which is really what this team needs.

Honestly, with all the spacing on the court Barnes should be throwing down monster jams off the drive once a game, not once a week. Instead he's hesitant and passive. Settles for corner 3's and midrange post shots.
Barnes is one of the most overrated players in the league. Even his corner 3 that he's famous for, he pulls them because he's completely wide open. There was a stat about a month ago that contested, 3ft contested or 6ft+ away and you see how far down his % dropped. His numbers when a defender is not really far away are pitiful. He's a good defender and extremely strong for his size, good (inconsistent) mid range shooter and clutch.

The main 3, Iggy, & Bogut are all more important than him. Ezeli would be if the dude wasn't built from glass. So Ezeli, Livingston, & him are around the same level, the difference is that Barnes has Rush :facepalm as his competition while the other two Curry & Bogut. He is important for GS for the simple fact that they don't have a quality backup, even though Rush went through a decent spell for a while during Barnes' injury.

Barnes' upside is age and that he will become much better at a lot of things he's not that good at. Possible? Yeah. Good enough to pay more than Green and Klay who are better than he will ever be? :lol Fck no. Dude just needs to pack his bags and get max at some scrub team that is going to pay him for being a starter for the Warriors. Just pray for they have a primary shooter, and that Barnes is not what they intend to be that guy.

People who think he should get paid what he wants either are not watching him play all that much, or Barnes' family & agent are posting on ish. :pimp: He has 1 great game, 2 good/solid games and 7 either average or terrible games this season. He's been outplayed by 7 players from the Warriors this season when they have played (so discount Ezeli's injuries). Now I have no idea if Batum will go for the green like Barnes or not. I just know that Barnes is going for it, so it's worth checking out a better player who might ok with get less to be on the Warriors. If the Warriors break the 72 point record & win this year, it might convince some players to take an L on their wages to be with a historic team, especially as a starter. We know Barnes isn't that because he fired his agent and is known to be wanting to be in more commercials and a bigger face commercially compared to the main 3 eating that up for GS, I don't know as a fact if that applies Batum or another player they will go for. Warriors offered him 16m/year, so I imagine they can flex the team to fit a player with those wages. Whether Batum is that, I have no idea. :lol