PDA

View Full Version : All-NBA prototypical team

dannysc305
03-15-2016, 07:21 AM
Not the best or most talented but the most exemplar players who illustrate the qualities of their positions the best, guys like Curry, Bron, Durant, Davis, etc. are not prototypical players they break the mold. Current players only. I got:

PG: Paul/Parker/Rondo
SG: Derozan/Butler/Thompson
SF: Leonard/George/Hayward
PF: Aldridge/Griffin/P.Gasol
C: M.Gasol/Duncan/Drummund

references
03-15-2016, 07:32 AM
Rondo is not protypical either. can't shoot. rebounds very well and is a good defender. none of those are qualities of a typical PG. he's just gifted at passing. we can say a guy like curry is the new mold of PG because scoring pgs are more common now than distributers. I can't see how a guy like parker and rondo can both fit the same label but curry does not. parker is closer to a curry type than a rondo or paul. i am with you more or less with the rest

j3lademaster
03-15-2016, 07:37 AM
I interpreted this as "players who exemplify the history of the position" and tried to stay within your parameters of "not breaking the mold":

pg- Mike Conley (distributor)
sg- CJ McCollum (main perimeter scoring threat)
sf- Andre Iguodala (glue guy)
pf- Derrick Favors/ Julius Randle (main mid to inside scoring threat)
c- Rudy Gobert (main defensive anchor and lacks range)

dannysc305
03-15-2016, 07:54 AM
Pretty much

PG facilitator
SG volume scorer, athletic
SF 2 way player, well rounded all around game, athletic
PF Big who can bang down low defend grab boards and capable of hitting from midrange and 3
C traditional back to basket defensive anchor 7 footer

Milbuck
03-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Utah is actually building a really nice team in this mold imo

Favors...all-around PF with a midrange game, inside game, defensive versatility to protect the rim and quickness to adapt on the perimeter

Gobert...shotblocking/rim protecting C, rebounder, finisher, anchor in the paint

Hayward...super versatile wing..playmaker, scorer, defender, shooter, does a decent amount of everything.

Hood...smooth scorer, shooter

And Exum before he got hurt showed flashes of legit passing ability, he could develop into a solid playmaker to fit the traditional PG mold.

livingby3's
03-15-2016, 08:10 AM
The GS Warriors.

keep-itreal
03-15-2016, 08:22 AM
Stephen Curry
Klay Thompson
Kawhi Leonard
Draymond Green
Lamarcus Aldrige

ISHGoat
03-15-2016, 08:26 AM
CP0
DWhistle
Trevor Ariza
KScrub (modern prototypical PF)
DJ - athletic 7 footer that can defend yet can't hit free throws to save his life.

MellowYellow
03-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Not the best or most talented but the most exemplar players who illustrate the qualities of their positions the best, guys like Curry, Bron, Durant, Davis, etc. are not prototypical players they break the mold. Current players only. I got:

PG: Paul/Parker/Rondo
SG: Derozan/Butler/Thompson
SF: Leonard/George/Hayward
PF: Aldridge/Griffin/P.Gasol
C: M.Gasol/Duncan/Drummund

Derozan isn't a prototypical SG cause he can't S

ralph_i_el
03-15-2016, 05:22 PM
Great thread :applause:

CP3
JJ Reddick
Wesley Matthews (before injury)
Z-Bo
Al Horford?

I tried to use ones people haven't already said

Velocirap31
03-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Derozan isn't a prototypical SG cause he can't S

Mid-range he is a stud. One of the few players in the league that use it often.

ShawkFactory
03-15-2016, 06:05 PM
Great thread :applause:

CP3
JJ Reddick
Wesley Matthews (before injury)
Z-Bo
Al Horford?

I tried to use ones people haven't already said
Nah Hordford is a true PF. He's been playing out of position defensively for years.

You Cant Ban Me
03-15-2016, 06:06 PM
as much as i clown him klay thompson nickname should be the prototype because he is exactly what a sg shoudl be