PDA

View Full Version : Did Ray Allen almost cost the Heat the championship in 2013...

Ranked 12th
03-15-2016, 04:43 PM
With his 0 point performance in Game 7?

He also only scored 4 points in Game 3

And....

His defense almost allowed Danny Green to win FMVP for the first 5 games

:wtf:

Lebronxrings
03-15-2016, 04:45 PM
Was really, really bad. Don't let bosh off the hook either. His performance was pathetic.

Levity
03-15-2016, 04:53 PM
this current crop of bran trolls have a stalker-like/self-deprecating humor. it's a joy to read

G.U.S.
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Allen put on a horrible performance

Never thought about this

Repped op

Ranked 12th
03-15-2016, 04:58 PM
Allen put on a horrible performance

Never thought about this

Repped op
Thanks bro!

IllegalD
03-15-2016, 04:59 PM
Was really, really bad. Don't let bosh off the hook either. His performance was pathetic.

https://youtu.be/2r-ivyuxOnI

:confusedshrug:

riseagainst
03-15-2016, 05:00 PM
you are funny.

:oldlol:

Dr Hawk
03-15-2016, 05:04 PM
2013 Finals, G7:

Ray Allen, 0/4
Chris Bosh, 0/5
Mike Miller, 0/5

Tiago Splitter scored more points than these 3 combined

InsanityKills
03-15-2016, 05:05 PM

And....

Damn OP, back at it again with an insightful thread.

Thanks for making this place bearable!:cheers:

G.U.S.
03-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Can't wait to get my Simon avy and join the Fam :cheers:

SsKSpurs21
03-15-2016, 05:06 PM
that 3 in game 6 pretty much eliminated any and every bad play or game he could have had. without that shot the series is over.

Ranked 12th
03-15-2016, 05:07 PM
Can't wait to get my Simon avy and join the Fam :cheers:

:rockon:

The Simon/D.I.K Fam is the new era of ISH!

Ranked 12th
03-15-2016, 05:09 PM
Damn OP, back at it again with an insightful thread.

Thanks for making this place bearable!:cheers:

:cheers:

I'm a brand new poster here, and thanks for making me feel welcome :cheers:

Hey Yo
03-15-2016, 05:11 PM
2013 Finals, G7:

Ray Allen, 0/4
Chris Bosh, 0/5
Mike Miller, 0/5

I've posted that many times cause it doesn't get enough emphasis. They played a combined 66+ minutes too

ralph_i_el
03-15-2016, 05:15 PM
that 3 in game 6 pretty much eliminated any and every bad play or game he could have had. without that shot the series is over.

I hate this type of thinking. If he had played well before that point, then maybe the series wouldn't have been on the line. If he had made one routine play earlier in the game (that he hadn't made), the Heat wouldn't be in the situation. He would have played equally well, but no one would have remembered his play because he wouldn't have hit a clutch shot. He would have made the same contribution, for the same outcome, but it would have been forgotten.

coin24
03-15-2016, 05:24 PM
:rockon:

The Simon/D.I.K Fam is the new era of ISH!

The cashew di.ck virgin squad..

1 ladyman, 50 alts

InsanityKills
03-15-2016, 05:28 PM

No problem dude, Simon Fam runs ISH.

WE the Best!!!:banana: :banana:

TheMarkMadsen
03-15-2016, 05:30 PM
I hate this type of thinking. If he had played well before that point, then maybe the series wouldn't have been on the line. If he had made one routine play earlier in the game (that he hadn't made), the Heat wouldn't be in the situation. He would have played equally well, but no one would have remembered his play because he wouldn't have hit a clutch shot. He would have made the same contribution, for the same outcome, but it would have been forgotten.

so the 12ppg from the 6th man from games 1-6 wasn't enough for you huh?

Seriously, that was a really stupid post, you can sit there and play the if game all day, "if" Lebron doesn't average 16ppg on 38% through the first 3 games then maybe he doesn't need the 6th man to hit the game tying three in the final seconds of game 6.

"If" Lebron doesn't turn the ball over twice in the last minute and miss a shot to add to it then maybe the HEAT don't need ray to save the series for them?

JebronLames
03-15-2016, 05:34 PM
Refs almost cost them in game 6

stephanieg
03-15-2016, 07:11 PM
One reason the '08 Celtics struggled in the first two rounds was because Ray Allen was atrocious. (https://www.flickr.com/photos/39453023@N00/2511610838/)

Ranked 12th
03-15-2016, 07:38 PM

Seriously, that was a really stupid post, you can sit there and play the if game all day, "if" Lebron doesn't average 16ppg on 38% through the first 3 games then maybe he doesn't need the 6th man to hit the game tying three in the final seconds of game 6.

"If" Lebron doesn't turn the ball over twice in the last minute and miss a shot to add to it then maybe the HEAT don't need ray to save the series for them?

Another one from Mr. Melt :oldlol:

pastis
03-15-2016, 07:39 PM
2013 Finals, G7:

Ray Allen, 0/4
Chris Bosh, 0/5
Mike Miller, 0/5

holy shit.

nba_55
03-15-2016, 07:42 PM

At the end of the day, Lebron contributed the most in their win. Bringing up 1 play to discredit his whole finals performance is childish.

TheMarkMadsen
03-15-2016, 07:45 PM
At the end of the day, Lebron contributed the most in their win. Bringing up 1 play to discredit his whole finals performance is childish.

how about you read the post that I was responding to so that you can get the full context..

Dude was downplaying Ray's three for the dumbest of reasons, you could play the what if game with any player in any situation and if you really want to downplay something that happened in the latter half of a series..

nba_55
03-15-2016, 07:58 PM
how about you read the post that I was responding to so that you can get the full context..

Dude was downplaying Ray's three for the dumbest of reasons, you could play the what if game with any player in any situation and if you really want to downplay something that happened in the latter half of a series..

I think that poster was trying to say that at the end, it's the overall performance that counts. Allen's three point was the greatest shot ever, but that doesn't mean he was more important than Lebron in the finals like many members in here claim.

Nilocon165
03-15-2016, 09:22 PM
I hate this ****in site sometimes.

GrapeApe
03-15-2016, 10:04 PM
Ray Allen was nearly 38 years old. Even if we ignore "the shot", his contributions to the Heat season were excellent for a guard at that age. Even when he wasn't shooting well he still had to be accounted for at all times. His prescence on the court as a deadly deep ball threat made him a valuable piece even when his shots weren't dropping. It opened things up for the offense and helped create space for Lebron and Wade to penetrate.

He struggled in game 7, but after what happened at the end of game 6, Allen sure as hell had the Spurs attention. They were running guys at him hard all game. That left Battier open, who went 6/8 from beyond the arc. That's an indirect (but important) impact from Allen. Pop said Heat won that series because Lebron and Wade were great in games 4-7, but that may not have happened without Allen (and Bosh and Battier) being a dangerous weapon on the perimeter.

WayOfWade
03-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Ray Allen was nearly 38 years old. Even if we ignore "the shot", his contributions to the Heat season were excellent for a guard at that age. Even when he wasn't shooting well he still had to be accounted for at all times. His prescence on the court as a deadly deep ball threat made him a valuable piece even when his shots weren't dropping. It opened things up for the offense and helped create space for Lebron and Wade to penetrate.

He struggled in game 7, but after what happened at the end of game 6, Allen sure as hell had the Spurs attention. They were running guys at him hard all game. That left Battier open, who went 6/8 from beyond the arc. That's an indirect (but important) impact from Allen. Pop said Heat won that series because Lebron and Wade were great in games 4-7, but that may not have happened without Allen (and Bosh and Battier) being a dangerous weapon on the perimeter.
Very nice post. While it's important to watch the box-score, you can't ignore the intangibles. Yeah he and Bosh and Miller laid offensive eggs in game 7, but there's more to the game than just offense. Credit Ray though for the fact that there was even a game 7 to play. I know he didn't play great that series, but he did hit arguably the biggest shot in NBA history, that's kind of undeniable. Was his impact positive or negative in game 7? That I don't know, would have to watch again

sportjames23
03-16-2016, 12:29 AM
Thanks alt!

Fix'd

rmt
03-16-2016, 02:43 AM
Without Allen's 3 in game 6, there would have been no game 7. No one but him would have made that shot. Well, maybe Curry now, but not in 2013.

Akrazotile
03-16-2016, 02:47 AM

I also want to personally welcome you, and wish you all the best as you learn the ISH ropes for the first time.

Youre gonna do great :cheers:

sportjames23
03-16-2016, 04:34 AM
I also want to personally welcome you, and wish you all the best as you learn the ISH ropes for the first time.

:coleman:

NZStreetBaller
03-16-2016, 05:03 AM
Without Allen's 3 in game 6, there would have been no game 7. No one but him would have made that shot. Well, maybe Curry now, but not in 2013.

This. Game 7's existence hung in the balance of that shot even the mighty lebron couldnt do it. (He tried 2 seconds prior)

I really dont think bosh gets enough credit for that play. All it took was for spurs to get the easy defensive rebound and game over. Bosh not only hustled and got the offensive but even under immense pressure did the right pass to the right guy
Most idiots wouldve held on pivoted and tried to get it to lebron.

Gileraracer
03-16-2016, 07:32 AM
Ray Allen saved Lebrons legacy, be a little more thankful. Therwise Lebron would be 1/7 :lol

Ranked 12th
03-16-2016, 09:29 AM

You seem like a THICK poster

Magic 32
03-16-2016, 09:39 AM
This is how Lebron stans keep themselves amused between finals losses.

Horses for courses :confusedshrug:

toneloc103
03-16-2016, 11:15 AM
This. Game 7's existence hung in the balance of that shot even the mighty lebron couldnt do it. (He tried 2 seconds prior)

I really dont think bosh gets enough credit for that play. All it took was for spurs to get the easy defensive rebound and game over. Bosh not only hustled and got the offensive but even under immense pressure did the right pass to the right guy
Most idiots wouldve held on pivoted and tried to get it to lebron.

No sir. get your facts straight. It was certainly not an easy Def Reb without Duncan on the floor. That part is on Pop for wanting to match up speed wise as opposed to having one of the all time greats on the floor in crunch time

Zach LaVine
03-16-2016, 01:23 PM

And....

Hard to say. The only thing we know for sure is LeBron cost the 2011 Heat the championship.

greatest-ever
03-16-2016, 03:36 PM
People always say dumb sh*t like "Ray saved the heat!", but sweep under the rug the fact that he was garbage in game 6 leading up to that shot, and as you said went scoreless in game 7.

ralph_i_el
03-16-2016, 05:58 PM

I'm not talking about the players involved so much as I am talking about the idea of "saving" a game or being "clutch".

All I'm saying is that if Ray Allen had hit a 3 earlier in the game (which would have appeared inconsequential at the moment), he wouldn't have had to hit one later in the game to "save" it.

ralph_i_el
03-16-2016, 05:59 PM
I hate this ****in site sometimes.

I thought you were a brand new poster :rolleyes: