PDA

View Full Version : Lakers have the best commentary team in the NBA

Nick Young
03-16-2016, 12:37 AM
Can we all agree that the Lakers have the best commentary team in the NBA?

O MY BROTHERS CAN I GET AN AMEN.

https://onanygivensportsday.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/bmac-lantz.jpg

RIP Chick the GOAT Hearn.

imnew09
03-16-2016, 12:50 AM
No One Even Comes Close

We
Da
Best

Orlando Magic
03-16-2016, 12:53 AM
Stuff Lantz is a contributing factor as to why Lakers fans overrated Kobe for years, so no, we don't agree.

plowking
03-16-2016, 01:01 AM
Heat and Knicks ones are great.

Boston is the worst.

bigkingsfan
03-16-2016, 01:44 AM
Not even the best in their own building.

WayOfWade
03-16-2016, 01:52 AM
I'd have to agree, although I do love the Knicks commentators Breen and Frazier. Not sure why, but I love the Clippers commentators "BINGO"

Laker19
03-16-2016, 02:01 AM
Lakers have One of the best. Very classy and unbiased.

As for the clippers lawler is cool, the other guy on the other hand sees things with clipper glasses. biased and tends to complain about calls not going the clippers way.

Im Still Ballin
03-16-2016, 02:05 AM
Yeah Lakers are really good. They're eerily similar to Sacramento's as well, who are one of the top teams. Generally the more neutral the commentators, the better.

Bosnian Sajo
03-16-2016, 02:16 AM
Yea, said it in the game thread. They give credit where credit is due, but also obviously root for the Lakers and get much more hyped when one of our players does something rather than the opposing, like it should be for local teams. What separates them from the rest is their knowledge of the game. They know all the violations, fouls, whats a travel and what isn't, etc. They don't overrate our own players, they tell it like it is, and they really have great chemistry.

Halftime show rivals TNT's imo, Horry and Worthy speak the truth.

And I'm a guy who LOVES Inside the NBA on TNT.

no pun intended
03-16-2016, 02:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57yR0MphgwU

The Bucks Commentators.

"2,1...MISS IT!"

Classic.

tomtucker
03-16-2016, 02:39 AM

Boston is the worst.

this is the truth........and the Lakers team is good, but they have gotten worse over these last couple of years, the color guy used to only speak when necessary, now he is yabbing constantly.

Heat and Knicks the best.............. Boston is bad, so is chicago, they are so fukking boring, play by play man both sounds and looks like he is about to fall asleep

JimmyMcAdocious
03-16-2016, 02:44 AM

Boston is the worst.

My top three, off the top of my head.

Not Boston, but Miami, NY, and LA. Unsurprisingly, when you look at what teams those are.

Cleveland is still the worst.

Bless Mathews
03-16-2016, 03:17 AM
:facepalm

True good commentary do radio simulcast during game.

More rare these days.

Kevin calabro and Marques Johnson goat team EVER.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXwKzV_l80

"I think he gave chuck person another bald spot on the top of his head"- Marques Johnson

:roll:

Next level

Best duo ever.

Kevin calabro is now the ESPN national radio play by play.

This is next level PLAY BY PLAY...

http://youtu.be/l11p5-VXv0k?list=PLZx5KYfHyxUnm0BsjJ___lSK1cw-Mo4tL

Most duo these days are just glorified tmz gossipers.

Smh.

Y'all have no clue. Kevin calabro is THE UNDISPUTED GOAT.

tomtucker
03-16-2016, 03:25 AM
My top three, off the top of my head.

Not Boston, but Miami, NY, and LA. Unsparingly when you look at what teams those are.

Cleveland is still the worst.

they suck huge cokks as well.........so does charlotte, i believe they have a female commentator, sidelines was not good enough anymore :facepalm Michael Jordan with the femininst move :facepalm :biggums:

Nick Young
03-16-2016, 03:35 AM
Yea, said it in the game thread. They give credit where credit is due, but also obviously root for the Lakers and get much more hyped when one of our players does something rather than the opposing, like it should be for local teams. What separates them from the rest is their knowledge of the game. They know all the violations, fouls, whats a travel and what isn't, etc. They don't overrate our own players, they tell it like it is, and they really have great chemistry.

Halftime show rivals TNT's imo, Horry and Worthy speak the truth.

And I'm a guy who LOVES Inside the NBA on TNT.
Truth. That ESPN style social media chick who talks about kardashians and reads tweets is killing the vibe though. Bad bad decision to add her in to the team.

Noyze
03-16-2016, 04:24 AM
Clippers & Utah is by far the worst imo, they think most fouls against their team is a bad call. You'd think Rasheed Wallace was their producer. Lakers & T-Wolves are very unbiased. Knicks commentators are very good too. Brooklyn was good when Ryan Ruocco was doing all their games. I think he does National TV now.

L8krH8tr
03-16-2016, 04:29 AM
No they don't , chick Hearn died a long time ago.

Spurs m8
03-16-2016, 04:43 AM
Spurs are better, TAR HEEL TRIPLE, OH MAMA, G'DAY MATE!!!!!

Worst are Cavs and Raps, ****in weird ****ers

NattyPButter
03-16-2016, 04:51 AM
The worst is the Chicago Bulls. Those guys will put you to sleep. Sounds like commentary from the old days.

GOATJono
03-16-2016, 07:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhHom9VMJAc
GOAT Mike Breen :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

MMM
03-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Knicks
Brooklyn

Are probably the best

Also like the Bucks and Kings

raprap
03-16-2016, 07:55 AM
:applause:

Magic 32
03-16-2016, 09:37 AM
Not sure why, but I love the Clippers commentators "BINGO"

I agree. Ralph Lawler is reauuuuuujjhhhaaaaaaaaaa...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgq5PIu_5sE

senelcoolidge
03-16-2016, 12:36 PM
The lakers commentators are terrible...sorry. Probably not as bad as the Celtics, Nuggets, and Cavs. Seriously the nba has so many bad team commentators. The Clippers actually aren't bad. Ralph Lawler is awesome, but he's old and isn't as sharp as he used to be. Mike Smith is the one that can be annoying sometime.

Levity
03-16-2016, 12:44 PM
The lakers commentators are terrible...sorry. Probably not as bad as the Celtics, Nuggets, and Cavs. Seriously the nba has so many bad team commentators. The Clippers actually aren't bad. Ralph Lawler is awesome, but he's old and isn't as sharp as he used to be. Mike Smith is the one that can be annoying sometime.

lulz at all that

Stu Lantz is fantastic. very very objective while still being complimentary to all good basketball plays on the floor (for both teams). Like it was mentioned in here, he has taken it upon himself to constantly chime away about the state of the NBA and things of that nature (however, it's still very insightful and informative). but i blame that on the fact the billy mac still doesnt have the greatest bball announcer play-by-play IQ, so he takes it upon himself to keep the conversation rolling.

when he first came back (bill mac), i couldnt stand him. so many incorrect calls and observations. way too excitable for my liking. but hes matured over the years and is more than tolerable at this point.

but again, stu lantz is FANTASTIC.

Nick Young
03-16-2016, 12:52 PM
Clippers are the worst. They are so resigned to losing and always expect the clips to lose. Their catchphrases are lame and forced. The law of 100 is stupid.

HoopologyPhD
03-16-2016, 12:59 PM
Gotta go with the Knicks, don't care who they put beside Clyde, the man is as smooth as they get.

I also wish that Bill Walton was still calling NBA games (I think he still does NCAA), the man put the color in color commentary. That is what the NBA is about after all, definitely the most free wheeling and fun out of the major sports, NFL guys much more uptight and boring, not to mention most of them are brain damaged and it is quite apparent.

Proctor
03-16-2016, 01:01 PM
Clippers are the worst. They are so resigned to losing and always expect the clips to lose. Their catchphrases are lame and forced. The law of 100 is stupid.
The law is the law bruh. :yaohappy:

Cleveland is by far the worst and has been for some time. Second worst IMO is definitely Houston. Pelicans with Joel Meyers deserve a mention too...I don't mind anything about Meyers' personality but my gawd he is so boring. Might as well be commentating golf.

Crown&Coke
03-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Stu my dude, he can get homerish as times, especially about Kobe. But he on the money on some of this shit.

MacDonald can kiss my ass. Dude acts like a 50 year old hipster. One game against Atlanta Korver hit a 3 and BM was like "FROM BANKHEAD!!!"

No dick, it was a game in LA numbnuts. Stop listening to rap before the games.

Alan Ogg
03-16-2016, 01:07 PM
Miami and Portland are my favorite. Boston is bad.

Crown&Coke
03-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Clippers guys are terrible.

And Stacey King is an imbecile. He talks so much shit about players. He acts like he was Karl Malone out there when he played. You were sorry and out of shape the instant you signed you sack of shit

Zach LaVine
03-16-2016, 01:19 PM
Nah, too much stan fuel.

Bosnian Sajo
03-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Knicks
Brooklyn

Are probably the best

Also like the Bucks and Kings

Brooklyn? Really? I watched a Lakers game at Brooklyn and the commentators were SO BIASED and annoying, they acted like every call against the Nets was wrong. Very annoying, I had to switch to my laptop so I could manually select away commentary.

Mass Debator
03-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Miami and Portland are my favorite. Boston is bad.
I like Miami but I hate Portland. I also hate the Wiz

1manfastbreak
03-16-2016, 02:19 PM
Knicks have the best commentating team hands down.

Breen is the best in the business and Frazier always chimes in with swaggy comment here and there.

Charlotte has to be the worst. I can't stand listening to them.

Labissiere
03-16-2016, 02:30 PM
I like the Knicks.

thesage
03-16-2016, 02:40 PM
i've always thought the lakers had one of the worst

Nikola_
03-16-2016, 02:52 PM
i always liked stu and that guy who is now on pelicens combo
that guy has goat voice tbh

choppermagic
03-16-2016, 03:03 PM
Lakers have a great commentary team, no doubt.

They learned from the GOAT, Chick Hearn.

SexSymbol
03-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Lakers commentary team never really feels off at all.
Always on point, always interesting, always makes the plays better and are unbiased to a point, where you understand that they are lakers fans, but it doesn't annoy you at all because they don't rub it in your face and don't think that every call should go their way like boston or cle commentators

tamaraw08
03-16-2016, 05:26 PM
When was the last time Stu actually tried to dissect specifically the game strategies of the coaches?
Most of his comments are, should have shorten the dribble, should have dunked the ball, etc etc

coin24
03-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Lakers heat Knicks are great

Rockets cavs are just brutal

sammichoffate
03-16-2016, 05:39 PM
Favorite line from Stu after a dunk: "That was NOICEEEEEE" :lol :pimp:

tomSR.
03-16-2016, 05:40 PM
can

qrich
03-16-2016, 05:51 PM
They've upgraded since dumping Joel "I commentate pool games" Meyer, but far from the best, real far.

Crown&Coke
03-16-2016, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=tomSR.]can

Levity
03-16-2016, 08:10 PM
They've upgraded since dumping Joel "I commentate pool games" Meyer, but far from the best, real far.

haha damn. so many people hated joel meyers (even stu hated him it seemed). im in that tiny minority that actually liked him. i never looked to him to build excitement during the game for me (a game i already LOVED). instead, i enjoyed his knowledge of both the game and players. i havent listened to any games hes done for the pelicans, but i caught the occasional summer league game he commentated. same ol joel

but with all that being said, i can proudly admit that THIS lakers duo is my favorite in the league, with jerry reynolds and grant napear not far behind