PDA

View Full Version : John Wall with his third triple-double of the season

ralph_i_el
03-16-2016, 09:29 PM
John Wall just had a big game (11/19 shooting, 29 points, 10 rebounds, 12 assists) in a must-win situation. Wizards have just knocked off the Bulls and Pistons, two teams we're competing with for a playoff spot. He looked hungry for boards, which often led to easy fastbreak buckets. Looks like John heard all the talk about how he needs to put the team on his back if he wants to be considered a star.

It's not over folks, not by a long shot.
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bl6PJ5pIIAAOavr.jpg:medium

Thunderfan86
03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Congrats

PsychoBe
03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
do you really wanna see this team in the playoffs?

ralph_i_el
03-16-2016, 09:31 PM
do you really wanna see this team in the playoffs?

They played ugly ball all last season. They lost 3 times to the Raptors in the regular season in awful fashion. Everything changed when the playoffs started. I'm hoping for the same thing.

Last year in the playoffs (until wall broke every damn bone in his hand) the Wiz played up-tempo, exciting basketball with stifling defense.

Ranked 12th
03-16-2016, 09:34 PM
John Wall Ball gets stats at the expense of team success

ralph_i_el
03-16-2016, 09:37 PM
John Wall Ball gets stats at the expense of team success

He is similar to LeBron in that respect, yes.

He monopolizes the ball. The team has no other effective ballhandlers, so it's our only chance. They never have had many effective ballhandlers in his career, which is sad because he actually can do damage in post-ups and out of the triple-threat.

facts are, everytime in his career where he hasn't played, the team has been absolutely god-awful. When he has played, we've been good-to-mediocre. Plus, every wing that plays with him gets a noticeable bump in shooting %'s

Dr. Ice
03-16-2016, 09:40 PM
If I'm a wizards or bulls fans i wouldn't even want to see my team in the playoffs. Both of those teams need to miss the playoffs so their management can actually realize how ugly their situations are.

ralph_i_el
If I'm a wizards or bulls fans i wouldn't even want to see my team in the playoffs. Both of those teams need to miss the playoffs so their management can actually realize how ugly their situations are.

We tried that. I think Ernie has nude pics of Leonsis.

To4
I dont get the hate with John Wall.. Hell. without him. they be contending for the 76ers for the worst team..

warriorfan
03-16-2016, 09:49 PM
wall is legit and not empty stats

Genaro
03-16-2016, 09:52 PM
Wall is the best PG in the East. I don't think he has enough of a supporting cast to compete.
I don't know about playoffs, I think they started to push too late.

RedBlackAttack
03-16-2016, 10:03 PM
It will never make a ton of sense to me why they've been so bad for most of the season. I understand integrating a new offensive system, injuries (as usual) to Beal and other important pieces, and losing veteran leadership like PP... but they were very close to being in the ECF last year and would have been if they could have stayed healthy.

Good to seem them getting back into a groove. I'd like to see them makes the playoffs, because Wall seems like a good guy and they're a fun team to watch. It's pretty shocking to see both the Bulls and Wiz on the outside looking in. I think the Pacers are a pretty good bet to get in at this point. The Pistons, Bulls and Wiz might be fighting for that last spot and any of the three would be a relatively formidable first round matchup for the Cavs.

ralph_i_el
03-17-2016, 07:16 PM
Wall just shot midrange J's 3 straight times....

1st: pull-up faceing 4 defenders with 2 directly on him on a failed fastbreak
2nd: floater over a defender....from the free throw line
3rd. one dribble pull-up with 10 seconds on the shot clock

:facepalm

maybe you guys are right.

Legends66NBA7
03-17-2016, 07:21 PM
I dont get the hate with John Wall.. Hell. without him. they be contending for the 76ers for the worst team..

That's better than barely making or barely missing the playoffs.

HenryGarfunkle
03-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Wall just shot midrange J's 3 straight times....

1st: pull-up faceing 4 defenders with 2 directly on him on a failed fastbreak
2nd: floater over a defender....from the free throw line
3rd. one dribble pull-up with 10 seconds on the shot clock

:facepalm

maybe you guys are right.
Yeah, you're retarded. We know this already.

G.U.S.
03-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Yeah, you're retarded. We know this already.
:roll:

Vman23
03-17-2016, 08:40 PM
Wall will drag this team to the playoffs, even if he has to get a triple double every night...you watch.

ralph_i_el
03-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Consecutive Triple doubles....but he almost blew the game to the sixers in the second half with 7 turnovers

This team is driving me nuts:hammerhead:

Ranked 12th
03-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Consecutive Triple doubles....but he almost blew the game to the sixers in the second half with 7 turnovers

This team is driving me nuts:hammerhead:

Tell John Wall to play off-ball more and run some actual plays instead of pounding the ball for 20 seconds and only passing to bail-out shooters. :hammerhead:

ralph_i_el
03-17-2016, 11:00 PM
Tell John Wall to play off-ball more and run some actual plays instead of pounding the ball for 20 seconds and only passing to bail-out shooters. :hammerhead:

yeah, we'll just have Garrett Temple handle the ball :facepalm

Without Beal we really don't have a secondary ballhandler. Marcus Thorton had to bail us out, and that's not something to depend on.