Steph
Boozer
Rew Gooen
JCrossover

kamil
03-17-2016, 08:04 PM
Why is Steph in that list?

+1

Dude is at the top of the list in steals. WTF?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-17-2016, 08:06 PM
+1

Ron Adams system
Iverson led the league in steals 3 years in a row, he was a bad defender and i love AI
Magic led the league in steals and he was a mediocre defender

G.U.S.
03-17-2016, 08:07 PM
+1

For shooting lanes because he can gamble guarding opposing teams weakest player :rolleyes:

To4
03-17-2016, 08:07 PM
No order:

David Lee
Jason Kapono
Vasquez

Sorry but Amare

Steve Novak
Anthony morrow
Charlie V
Luke buttsht babbit

Kevin martin
Calderon

feyki
03-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Nash
Kiki W.
After 2007 Dirk
Memo
Enes
Love
Dan Issel
Hedo
A.Dantley
Oscar

T_L_P
03-17-2016, 08:30 PM
Your hate for Steph is hilarious. You still probably think CP3's a better player right now. :oldlol:

qrich
03-17-2016, 08:33 PM
Haren
Young Irk
Nash
Novak
Kapono
Crawfor
An Icaku
Curry
Iverson
Cassell

feyki
03-17-2016, 08:34 PM
Haren
Young Irk
Nash
Novak
Kapono
Crawfor
An Icaku
Curry
Iverson
Cassell

You should read about Young Dirk .

And Ivy and Curry weren't bad defenders .

qrich
03-17-2016, 08:40 PM
You should read about Young Dirk .

And Ivy and Curry weren't bad defenders .

Going based off what I saw, especially how Brand would abuse him in the post.

They were/are bad defenders bruh, guarding the weakest opponent to play passing lanes. It's like Kobe against the Celtics sagging off Rondo and playing passing lanes throughout the whole season, with the difference being, Bryant played spectacular help defense and was an average to great defender, depending on how much he respected his opponent.

JebronLames
03-17-2016, 08:45 PM
Current Wyane Wae

JohnMax
03-17-2016, 08:50 PM
OP is a Chris Paul stan and hates anyone who is seen on his level.

Steph Curry
Steve Nash

navy
03-17-2016, 08:51 PM
OP is a Chris Paul stan and hates anyone who is seen on his level.

Steph Curry
Steve Nash
Nash belongs. Curry was terrible until last year or so.

FreezingTsmoove
03-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Jabari Parker

bigkingsfan
03-17-2016, 08:56 PM
Danilo Gallinari

G0ATbe
03-17-2016, 09:00 PM
LeBald is by far the worst defender ever in my book. seems like anyone he guards has a career night. then the once in a blue moon game where he "holds" a player to below 50% shooting not because of his defense but because they just missed wide open shots all night, he's deemed a great defender.:facepalm

http://giant.gfycat.com/DisastrousFrigidGazelle.gif

Hey Yo
03-17-2016, 09:01 PM
The worst I ever saw??

1. Magic Johnson <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-17-2016, 09:17 PM
An Icaku

who :biggums: :biggums:

qrich
03-17-2016, 09:19 PM
who :biggums: :biggums:

Dan Dick-ow

http://kfba.net/etc/playerpics/476.jpg

feyki
03-17-2016, 09:50 PM
Going based off what I saw, especially how Brand would abuse him in the post.

They were/are bad defenders bruh, guarding the weakest opponent to play passing lanes. It's like Kobe against the Celtics sagging off Rondo and playing passing lanes throughout the whole season, with the difference being, Bryant played spectacular help defense and was an average to great defender, depending on how much he respected his opponent.

You did make arguement from one moment to Dirk's all defensive form . Is this true for you ?

Young Dirk was better shotblocker and rim protector than Prime Karl . And as good as Karl on help defence and on ball defence . And yes , Karl was better post,paint and man to man defender . And Karl was better defender generally in my mind . But Dirk had solid shotblocking ability a lot of times . Karl was on the Stockton level on shotblocking in some series . So , with your logic , i could say Karl was terrible defender . One point to generally is wrong way . We must look totally to efffect .

Many superstar don't guard opponent best players even in same position %70 of possesions . 2012 Finals , Half of 96 Finals , Duncan vs Shaq , Kobe vs opponent stars etc ..

You can't judge with this to those players . Ivy and Curry playing same game on defence . Help to the double , steals the ball with quick hands , run around the floor to open man etc ..

And those players have success on these . So , i can't say they bad defenders .

stephanieg
03-17-2016, 10:16 PM
I think Troy Murphy was the worst I've seen. Still remember when Amare dropped 50 on him like it was nothing.

warriorfan
03-17-2016, 10:20 PM
op is the most shook ****** I have ever seen

raprap
03-17-2016, 10:33 PM
Kevin Love made Jared Sullinger look like prime Shaq.

Mike smith
03-17-2016, 10:57 PM
LeBald is by far the worst defender ever in my book. seems like anyone he guards has a career night. then the once in a blue moon game where he "holds" a player to below 50% shooting not because of his defense but because they just missed wide open shots all night, he's deemed a great defender.:facepalm

He was one of the best defenders in his prime

kamil
03-17-2016, 11:06 PM

That's disgraceful.

imdaman99
03-17-2016, 11:08 PM
I get on Curry for always guarding the worst offensive player on the other team but he is not a bad defender. He is mediocre.

sd3035
03-17-2016, 11:47 PM
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--5jnugOD0--/c_fit,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/o37pqhi8q3pa8klyuvvq.gif

sd3035
03-18-2016, 12:06 AM
https://vine.co/v/Oi1FFDxTHEB

https://vine.co/v/O1YUXzgqDuJ

https://vine.co/v/O17JIzKEZuM

https://vine.co/v/OX3pTV9I0hu

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 05:53 AM
Barea is not a bad defender by any stretch of the imagination.

Iverson was an absolutely atrocious defender.

aj1987
03-18-2016, 05:54 AM
Barea is not a bad defender by any stretch of the imagination.

Iverson was an absolutely atrocious defender.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 06:00 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Let's post some evidence of him locking up lequeer back in 2010-2011 Finals.

aj1987
03-18-2016, 06:05 AM
You mean the little white boy flopping like a little bitch on every play? Sure.

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 07:17 AM
You mean the little white boy flopping like a little bitch on every play? Sure.

Racist piece of garbage. You have no business on this board.

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 07:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_EGAA8gXdI

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-18-2016, 07:23 AM
He shut down Bran when he guarded him but cmon, Barea is @zz on defense. prolly worse than caleron who i forgot to put:lol :lol

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 07:32 AM
He shut down Bran when he guarded him but cmon, Barea is @zz on defense. prolly worse than caleron who i forgot to put:lol :lol

Barea is tough on defense man, he has a low center of gravity and he knows how to flop. I haven't seen him much on defense this season though because Dallas is so shitty that I stopped caring.

Calderon actually played good defense on Dallas or at least tried hard on defense. Same with Monta. I remember people said he didn't play defense but he locked up Kawhi Leonard and playing tough defense when needed.

When I think of shitty defenders I think of guys like Iverson, Jamal Crawford, Barkley, etc.

aj1987
03-18-2016, 07:35 AM
Racist piece of garbage. You have no business on this board.
He is little and he is white, isn't he? Retard.

He shut down Bran when he guarded him but cmon, Barea is @zz on defense. prolly worse than caleron who i forgot to put
If Barea could shut down LeBron, he'd probably probably make CP3, KG, and KD cry. LeBron basically shut himself down.

Barea is tough on defense man, he has a low center of gravity and he knows how to flop. I haven't seen him much on defense this season though because Dallas is so shitty that I stopped caring.

Calderon actually played good defense on Dallas or at least tried hard on defense.
:roll: :roll:

Barea and Calderon are net negative on the defensive end and stats back this up as well. Beyond atrocious on the defensive end.

Achilleas
03-18-2016, 07:39 AM
https://vine.co/v/ieWrulz7X6e

cry boys :lebroncry:

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 07:41 AM
He is little and he is white, isn't he? Retard.

If Barea could shut down LeBron, he'd probably probably make CP3, KG, and KD cry. LeBron basically shut himself down.

'White boy' is a derogatory term. You racist sack of trash. Aren't you a turd and have skin? So is it cool if I refer to do as a turdskin? Given that your people roll around in their own filth.

Nah the Mavs made lequeer their bitch, collectively. lebron shit the bed. Worst Finals ever for a supposed superstar and another reason why no true aficionado of the sport takes him seriously.

aj1987
03-18-2016, 07:43 AM
'White boy' is a derogatory term. You racist sack of trash. Aren't you a turd and have skin? So is it cool if I refer to do as a turdskin? Given that your people roll around in your own filth.
The **** are you even talking about now, goat****er? You really should stop doing that. It's disgusting.

Nah the Mavs made lequeer their bitch, collectively. lebron shit the bed. Worst Finals ever for a supposed superstar and another reason why no true aficionado of the sport takes him seriously.
Only retarded asshats like yourself. :oldlol:

You're just mad that you can't even backup your statements. Barea and Calderon are beyond terrible defensively and that's a FACT.

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 07:48 AM
The **** are you even talking about now, goat****er? You really should stop doing that. It's disgusting.

Only retarded asshats like yourself. :oldlol:

You're just mad that you can't even backup your statements. Barea and Calderon are beyond terrible defensively and that's a FACT.

There's a river in your country in which people literally bathe in their own excrement and the decomposing bodies of others.

What are these stats? Do you even watch the games?

aj1987
03-18-2016, 07:51 AM
There's a river in your country in which people literally bathe in their own excrement and the decomposing bodies of others.
Ok... Good for them, I guess. That's still better than ****ing goats like you do though.

I've watched more games this season than you have in your entire life. Try checking basketball-ref and NBA.com. There's player tracking for defense as well on NBA.com.

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Ok... Good for them, I guess. That's still better than ****ing goats like you do though.

I've watched more games this season than you have in your entire life. Try checking basketball-ref and NBA.com. There's player tracking for defense as well on NBA.com.

I highly doubt that. When I was a youngster I had season tickets to Lakers in the Magic Johnson-Kareem-Cooper-Worthy-Rambis era. I saw Jordan, Stockton-Malone, David Robinson, Ewing, Barkley-Ainge-Chambers-KJ, Hakeem, Bad Boy Pistons, etc etc.

Using stats to measure defense is the sign of the fool. Anyone who knows the game knows this.

TommyGriffin
03-18-2016, 07:56 AM

This Indian guy at the corner store told me that him and his buddies used to spy on women taking shits in the street, because they shit in the street over there. It was pretty alarming.

aj1987
03-18-2016, 08:00 AM
I highly doubt that. When I was a youngster I had season tickets to Lakers in the Magic Johnson-Kareem-Cooper-Worthy-Rambis era. I saw Jordan, Stockton-Malone, David Robinson, Ewing, Barkley-Ainge-Chambers-KJ, Hakeem, Bad Boy Pistons, etc etc.
Yeah, me being worth over a billion USD is more likely.

Using stats to measure defense is the sign of the fool. Anyone who knows the game knows this.[
You always use stats to judge a players defensive impact. Prove to me that he's a good defender as you said. There are a ton of articles and there are people in this thread saying that he's a shit defender.

I'll just leave these here, BTW.

http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398451
http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398338

This Indian guy at the corner store told me that him and his buddies used to spy on women taking shits in the street, because they shit in the street over there. It was pretty alarming.
Really? I've lived in India for nearly 25 years and I've never actually seen that. BTW, why would you change accounts to post this, warriorfan? You could've done this on your other account.

Proctor
03-18-2016, 08:05 AM
Barea belongs nowhere in this thread.

He actually competes at the defensive end and if he is scored on, so what? He's 6 feet tall at best...among the shortest in the league. :confusedshrug:

He isn't some transcendent defender but to pretend like he's one of the worst in the league is a joke. Some actually don't compete. Let's not toss around him and James Harden in the same arguments, please. Some of you need to watch some Mavs games.

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Yeah, me being worth over a billion USD is more likely.

You always use stats to judge a players defensive impact. Prove to me that he's a good defender as you said. There are a ton of articles and there are people in this thread saying that he's a shit defender.

I'll just leave these here, BTW.

Really? I've lived in India for nearly 25 years and I've never actually seen that. BTW, why would you change accounts to post this, warriorfan? You could've done this on your other account.

What do you mean? I have a relative married to a former Laker. I wasn't sitting courtside or anything but I had seats to every game for about ten years. Back in the Forum, which was much nicer than Staples Center.

I cited those defensive stats because you kept using stats to try to prove a point.

You can't judge defense on stats. Steals/blocks don't really mean shit when put into the correct context. A guy like lebron who is obviously not a good defender by any means may have gaudy stats but he can't guard anyone on the ball. I'd much rather have a steady and sturdy defender over a ballhawker and gambler who constantly puts his teammates under pressure by leaving his man open.

Gileraracer
03-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Lebron deserves a mention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9wLWF8TXo

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 08:10 AM

It's a common occurrence over there. There over a billion turds there literally bathing in their own shit.

aj1987
03-18-2016, 08:10 AM

He actually competes at the defensive end and if he is scored on, so what? He's 6 feet tall at best...among the shortest in the league. :confusedshrug:

He isn't some transcendent defender but to pretend like he's one of the worst in the league is a joke. Some actually don't compete. Let's not toss around him and James Harden in the same arguments, please. Some of you need to watch some Mavs games.
:wtf: :wtf:

You just said he tries, but he gets scored on. Does that not make him a defensive liability? :facepalm

What do you mean? I have a relative married to a former Laker. I wasn't sitting courtside or anything but I had seats to every game for about ten years. Back in the Forum, which was much nicer than Staples Center.
Yeah, right. Just like how you're a doctor because you can use QuickMD.

I cited those defensive stats because you kept using stats to try to prove a point.

You can't judge defense on stats. Steals/blocks don't really mean shit when put into the correct context. A guy like lebron who is obviously not a good defender by any means may have gaudy stats but he can't guard anyone on the ball. I'd much rather have a steady and sturdy defender over a ballhawker and gambler who constantly puts his teammates under pressure by leaving his man open.
I've never compare two players defense (AFAIK) using stats. You do it all the time, dumbass.

You still aren't even close to proving that Barea is a new positive defender.

It's a common occurrence over there. There over a billion turds there literally bathing in their own shit.
As I said, better than you ****ing farm animals.

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 08:13 AM

Exactly. When people mention guys like Barea you can tell they're just looking for some random short white player to pick on. Although OP is usually very knowledgeable, it was an odd pick.

Plus like I said, Barea is a serious pest. The dude has good upper body strength and is low to the ground so it's hard to just move him around without committing the offensive foul. There's so many worse defenders out there but people just have to be racist and pick on the short white players for some reason.

masonanddixon
03-18-2016, 08:17 AM
:wtf: :wtf:

You just said he tries, but he gets scored on. Does that not make him a defensive liability? :facepalm

Yeah, right. Just like how you're a doctor because you can use QuickMD.

I've never compare two players defense (AFAIK) using stats. You do it all the time, dumbass.

You still aren't even close to proving that Barea is a new positive defender.

As I said, better than you ****ing farm animals.

Dude I am a doctor. It's not really impressive. The entire country is flooded with doctors. There's too many doctors in Australia now, actually.

Your whole mantra is to post stats from games you've never watched as purported evidence of superiority/inferiority. Thats the mark of a lebron fan and the mark of a know-nothing.

There's so much shit like flow of the offense/defense, other players on the court, ability to cut off angles and paths to the basket that are obviously never accounted for by any sort of bullshit analytical measurement.

Proctor
03-18-2016, 08:18 AM
:wtf: :wtf: You just said he tries, but he gets scored on. Does that not make him a defensive liability? :facepalm

Everybody gets scored on, goofball. Any rational person would take an average defender who gives it his all over a turnstile such as Harden.

There's a difference between having an average impact defensively and being a liability. You are using the word liability too loosely. Barea doesn't per se make his team BETTER defensively but he is not making them much if any worse and that is my point. :hammerhead:

aj1987
03-18-2016, 08:25 AM
Everybody gets scored on, goofball. Any rational person would take an average defender who gives it his all over a turnstile such as Harden.

There's a difference between having an average impact defensively and being a liability. You are using the word liability too loosely. Barea doesn't per se make his team BETTER defensively but he is not making them much if any worse and that is my point. :hammerhead:
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Barea might give it all on the defensive end, but he can't stop anyone. Dude is a defensive LIABILITY. As I said, I hate using stats, but Barea is a career -2.2 on the defensive end. To put that in perspective, Harden is a -0.1. Harden is indeed a terrible defender and constantly falls asleep, but when he actually tries, he can actually stop (well, not exactly stop but slow down) players. Barea can't, because of his size. According to NBA's defensive player tracking, Barea hasn't held his man below league average over the past 3 seasons (including this one). His defensive assignment always scores on a better percentage against Barea, than other defenders.

Proctor
03-18-2016, 08:35 AM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Barea might give it all on the defensive end, but he can't stop anyone. Dude is a defensive LIABILITY. As I said, I hate using stats, but Barea is a career -2.2 on the defensive end. To put that in perspective, Harden is a -0.1. Harden is indeed a terrible defender and constantly falls asleep, but when he actually tries, he can actually stop (well, not exactly stop but slow down) players. Barea can't, because of his size. According to NBA's defensive player tracking, Barea hasn't held his man below league average over the past 3 seasons (including this one). His defensive assignment always scores on a better percentage against Barea, than other defenders.
If Barea was as bad as you make him out to be, he would have never guarded let alone pestered the living hell out of LeBald. Stats do not tell the whole story and they can be manipulated to support any argument. I don't care what they say or who he's guarding, he is a pest. Harden is not. Plenty others are not. There is a difference. Players will go at Barea because he is small, not because he has some reputation as a bad defender.

The fact that I'm even sitting here and arguing this makes it out to be as if I'm a Barea stan and I'm nowhere near. But his name in this thread is a bad joke. :facepalm

Reggie43
03-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Kukoc
Dirk
Harden

aj1987
03-18-2016, 09:05 AM
If Barea was as bad as you make him out to be, he would have never guarded let alone pestered the living hell out of LeBald. Stats do not tell the whole story and they can be manipulated to support any argument. I don't care what they say or who he's guarding, he is a pest. Harden is not. Plenty others are not. There is a difference. Players will go at Barea because he is small, not because he has some reputation as a bad defender.

The fact that I'm even sitting here and arguing this makes it out to be as if I'm a Barea stan and I'm nowhere near. But his name in this thread is a bad joke. :facepalm
If there was even a semblance of Barea doing a "decent" job on LeBron, it was because of his couple of flops whenever he switched onto LeBron. I always said and I still do. I hate using stats to judge players' defense. Defense can't exactly be quantified, but I've watched Barea enough to know that he's a defensive liability.

I never said Harden was a good defender. He's not. It's not because he can't be one because of his physical limitations (like Barea), but it's because he doesn't even try on that side of the floor.