PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not a huge fan of Durant.

tamaraw08
03-18-2016, 12:55 AM
First of all, I am not saying he is a bum, I included him to be in my 5 man roster to defeat that "mythical team of MJ, Kobe, Lebron,duncan and Shaq.
But I just believe that he is not that great against top defenders esp in the playoffs.

Against Tony Allen, 19 playoff games, 43.8%, 33.3FG%, 3.5 turnovers
Vs World Peace, 35.8%, 32%3pt %,
9 playoff games Against Dallas with Dirk on it.
44%, 28.6 3pt FG%, 3.8 turnovers,
26 reg games Durant averaged 42.6FG% 3.5 turnovers against Carlisle who is more of an offensive minded games.

sirkeelma
03-18-2016, 01:07 AM
Why you're not a huge fan of Durant

First of all, I am not saying he is a bum, I included him to be in my 5 man roster to defeat that "mythical team of MJ, Kobe, Lebron,duncan and Shaq.
But I just believe that he is not that great against top defenders esp in the playoffs.

Against Tony Allen, 19 playoff games, 43.8%, 33.3FG%, 3.5 turnovers
Vs World Peace, 35.8%, 32%3pt %,
9 playoff games Against Dallas with Dirk on it.
44%, 28.6 3pt FG%, 3.8 turnovers,
26 reg games Durant averaged 42.6FG% 3.5 turnovers against Carlisle who is more of an offensive minded games.

buddha
03-18-2016, 01:23 AM
why I'm not a fan of OP

he cherry picks stats and he has an ugly av.

Marchesk
03-18-2016, 01:35 AM
Durant's career playoff average:

28.9/8.2/3.8 with a 58.3 TS%

How many players in the entire history of the NBA have a better playoff scoring average?

Michael Jordan
Allen Iverson
Jerry West
AD (4 games)

The only player with a higher TS% is Anthony Davis.

Im Still Ballin
03-18-2016, 01:36 AM

How many players in the entire history of the NBA have a better playoff scoring average?

Michael Jordan
Allen Iverson
Jerry West
AD (4 games)

Damn. That's Lebron-esque.

BlazerRed
03-18-2016, 01:38 AM

Michael Jordan
Allen Iverson
Jerry West
AD (4 games)

:bowdown:

Marchesk
03-18-2016, 01:40 AM
Damn. That's Lebron-esque.

It is. Lebron's at 28.2 with a lot more playoff games, of course, and higher PER.

People on this board ciriticize Durant for the Thunder's loss to the Heat when Durant put up 30 on 55%. Nevermind that Harden was dreadful, Brooks refused to adjust, and Perkins was totally ineffective against the Heat smallball lineup.

Thunderfan86
03-18-2016, 02:04 AM

Michael Jordan
Allen Iverson
Jerry West
AD (4 games)

Please stop it........you're making my dick so hard right now! :banana:

Akrazotile
03-18-2016, 03:14 AM

Honestly tho, this is misleading. He doesn't measure up on the eye test in the playoffs as well as those stats would suggest. He's had some nice series of course, but also can be disrupted by undersized, aggressive defenders.

He reminds me of young Dirk, I tells ya. He's putting up numbers and he's gotten to the finals, but he still let's the game dictate to him instead of taking the reigns and dictating the game. When he starts posting up his mismatches and making the offense go through him, instead of waiting on the outside to knock down kick-outs, then he'll be legit and have a chance to make a great playoff run, just like Dirk.

He's still young. Dude has plenty of time.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-18-2016, 07:20 AM
28/10/4 on 55TS against the GOAT perimeter defender aint bad. Plus alot of those games he played against a perimeter defense of Tony/Battier almost no players have faced a perimeter defense close to that level and hes always at least doubled in those memphis games, especially series without Russ were he was tripled alot

the MWP numbers are oudated as well. he murked him in 2012, 27/9/4 52% FG, gamewinner in his face one game:lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaOsDQOIB7s

warriorfan
03-18-2016, 07:34 AM
28/10/4 on 55TS against the GOAT perimeter defender aint bad. Plus alot of those games he played against a perimeter defense of Tony/Battier almost no players have faced a perimeter defense close to that level and hes always at least doubled in those memphis games, especially series without Russ were he was tripled alot

the MWP numbers are oudated as well. he murked him in 2012, 27/9/4 52% FG, gamewinner in his face one game:lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaOsDQOIB7s

were you watching those memphis games? he was never doubled and battier was washed and pretty overrated to begin with and tony allen is a mismatch for durant regardless. durant is a one dimensional iso scorer who soaks up uncontested defensive rebounds a lot like lebron does. he doesn't impact many facets of the game, there is a reason why OKC was a 20 win team under durant until westbrook came. durant cant guard any position on the floor, he cant create, he cant crash the offensive boards, he can't box out, he cant provide weakside help, he just is on cruise control and giving you scoring that is heavily related on iso basketball.

pastis
03-18-2016, 07:43 AM
KD is completly overlooked by the curry/lebron debate. KD will have a stellar playoff run. i guess most people dont watch him, because if they would, they could clearly see that he has progressed in many aspects of his game. no forced/bad shots; good passing despite having one of the best pgs in his team; good off ball movement; extremely versatile. makes intelligent decisions whether he should shoot or drive to the basket.

nobody has okc on his radar. that could end fatal for gsw/spurs

Proctor
03-18-2016, 07:47 AM
Durant is an insanely good basketball player but is slightly overrated. His team has no excuse for underperforming every year but they continue to do it. Nobody has OKC on their radar because they haven't proven anything whatsoever...and I'm not just saying that because I root for the Spurs.

Zach LaVine
03-18-2016, 08:49 AM

Michael Jordan
Allen Iverson
Jerry West
AD (4 games)

:applause:

miggyme1
03-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Durant is an insanely good basketball player but is slightly overrated. His team has no excuse for underperforming every year but they continue to do it. Nobody has OKC on their radar because they haven't proven anything whatsoever...and I'm not just saying that because I root for the Spurs.

how is Durant overrated...without him they don't make the playoffs...we saw that last year. I think we get to caught up in great players being on poorly constructed teams. I love the westbrook/Durant duo but lets be honest......if they continue to remain on the same team they run the risk of becoming another duo on th elong list of duos that were fun to watch but they really didn't mesh well enough to win it all. This team does have bigger problems than westbrook/Durant as well. They have no proven 3rd guy. Ibaka is still the same guy he was when they shipped jeff green out of town.

Ive been saying this for a while now...I think the thunder need to switch it up....move ibaka to the five and Durant to the four....put a guy like singler at the 3....leave Roberson and westbrrok at their respective positions.......that lineup would be deadly

keep-itreal
03-18-2016, 10:04 AM
He's still a beta

Mike smith
03-18-2016, 10:38 AM
were you watching those memphis games? he was never doubled and battier was washed and pretty overrated to begin with and tony allen is a mismatch for durant regardless. durant is a one dimensional iso scorer who soaks up uncontested defensive rebounds a lot like lebron does. he doesn't impact many facets of the game, there is a reason why OKC was a 20 win team under durant until westbrook came. durant cant guard any position on the floor, he cant create, he cant crash the offensive boards, he can't box out, he cant provide weakside help, he just is on cruise control and giving you scoring that is heavily related on iso basketball.
He's the second best player in the world. Why do you bash everyone not name curry