PDA

View Full Version : Kristin Thompson: The Cavs 2nd best player

G.U.S.
03-18-2016, 09:38 PM
Yet still overpaid, glad to see somebody on the Cavs (other than Lebron) trips over their own shaft

lilteapot
03-18-2016, 09:39 PM
I want OP to shut up.

knicksman
03-18-2016, 09:42 PM
Cringe as usual

ISHGoat
03-18-2016, 09:53 PM
Solid points OP. Hes overpaid af.

InsanityKills
03-18-2016, 10:02 PM
OP on point as always.:cheers: :banana:

warriorfan
03-18-2016, 10:13 PM
op has yellow teeth

jbryan1984
03-18-2016, 10:29 PM
80% of the NBA is over paid.

MoBe1Kanobi
03-19-2016, 06:00 AM
80% of the NBA is over paid.

Smh

It's 100pct

Every one of these guys are getting paid millions a year to play a game that only requires elite god given athleticism and basic high school levels skill to make it to the NBA

They're getting paid for their genetics literally and don't sat otherwise because if they were getting paid for their skill than they would be overpaid since there are thousands of more SKILLED people at basketball on this earth (which means nothing if you can't run or jump like a genetic anamoly)

Everyone in the nba is literally being paid to arrive with their athletically genetically advanced bodies intac to play a 4qtr game of their favorite childhood sport

Compare that to some of the things that regular adults are expected to do on the daily for 8-15hrs a day and then try telling me that there are any nba players that are underpaid

My advice

If they're underpaid then they can try competing for a career in something less athletic based with the other 6 billion ppl on this planet who weren't given an genetic lottery ticket

Akrazotile
03-19-2016, 06:08 AM
Smh

It's 100pct

Every one of these guys are getting paid millions a year to play a game that only requires elite god given athleticism and basic high school levels skill to make it to the NBA

That's the nature of the market. There's only a few players in the NBA that legitimately command such salaries (or more) and the rest of them get overpaid by unionizing and leveraging the demand for guys like Lebron, Durant, Curry etc. to get themselves more money in collective bargaining (at the expense of those players).

It's simple economics.

retaxis
03-19-2016, 06:09 AM
Smh

It's 100pct

They're getting paid for their genetics literally and don't sat otherwise because if they were getting paid for their skill than they would be overpaid since there are thousands of more SKILLED people at basketball on this earth (which means nothing if you can't run or jump like a genetic anamoly)

Everyone in the nba is literally being paid to arrive with their athletically genetically advanced bodies intac to play a 4qtr game of their favorite childhood sport

Compare that to some of the things that regular adults are expected to do on the daily for 8-15hrs a day and then try telling me that there are any nba players that are underpaid

My advice

If they're underpaid then they can try competing for a career in something less athletic based with the other 6 billion ppl on this planet who weren't given an genetic lottery ticket
Kid you sound straight up salty as fk! Whats the difference between being born with genetic athletic skills as opposed to genetic cognitive skills? Whether your Leo Dicaprio or Robert Downey Jr with cognitive/drama skills or Steph Curry with fine motor skills whats the difference? You beat the genetic lottery and thats why good looking smart people marry good looking smart people and why ugly a22 people like you marry more ugly a22 people like you will too. Thats called life and the better get better and the worse get worse and b1tches complain like they do:biggums: :banghead: :biggums:

retaxis
03-19-2016, 06:11 AM
That's the nature of the market. There's only a few players in the NBA that legitimately command such salaries (or more) and the rest of them get overpaid by unionizing and leveraging the demand for guys like Lebron, Durant, Curry etc. to get themselves more money in collective bargaining (at the expense of those players).

It's simple economics.
Whats the definition of overpaid? Sounds like bullsh1t to me. If you are in the right game with the right mind set then there is only profit to be made whether your a singer, producer, athelete or CEO. Unless the market is flopping and your destroying your team and the league (league has been flourishing btw) then there is no such thing as 'overpaid' as the league is growing. Talk to me in 30yrs time when the league flops and players are getting paid the same rev as the market produces

Akrazotile
03-19-2016, 06:17 AM
Whats the definition of overpaid? Sounds like bullsh1t to me. If you are in the right game with the right mind set then there is only profit to be made whether your a singer, producer, athelete or CEO. Unless the market is flopping and your destroying your team and the league (league has been flourishing btw) then there is no such thing as 'overpaid' as the league is growing. Talk to me in 30yrs time when the league flops and players are getting paid the same rev as the market produces

No, what I mean is, there are a lot of guys in the league who could easily be replaced by a good D-League level player and their team would be no different. It's not like there's a huge instant dropoff in talent between the worst NBA player and the best non-NBA player. But the difference in salary is enormous, because they get minimum guarantees thanks to the collective bargaining. The only reason scrubs can command 750k per year, when a similar player out of the league would play for 200k, is because the union leverages the money making of the game's biggest stars when it negotiates with the owners.

If people weren't paying to see big stars, the scrubs would be making a LOT less money. It's not like they themselves are worth the salaries they're paid.

retaxis
03-19-2016, 06:20 AM
No, what I mean is, there are a lot of guys in the league who could easily be replaced by a good D-League level player and their team would be no different. It's not like there's a huge instant dropoff in talent between the worst NBA player and the best non-NBA player. But the difference in salary is enormous, because they get minimum guarantees thanks to the collective bargaining. The only reason scrubs can command 750k per year, when a similar player out of the league would play for 200k, is because the union leverages the money making of the game's biggest stars when it negotiates with the owners.

If people weren't paying to see big stars, the scrubs would be making a LOT less money. It's not like they themselves are worth the salaries they're paid.
min salary is around 550k? Whats that compared to the team salary anyway. its not like they are being paid big bucks for nothing and some of them make real contributions in the playoffs as well when their starters or bench players are injured during the playoffs. If the min salary was 5mil instead of 500k I would understand but there is absolutely no reason to have your star player making 30mil a year or more and you making 50k a year. It just further separates the team chemistry into the have gots and have nots zone.

Akrazotile
03-19-2016, 06:29 AM
min salary is around 550k? Whats that compared to the team salary anyway. its not like they are being paid big bucks for nothing and some of them make real contributions in the playoffs as well when their starters or bench players are injured during the playoffs. If the min salary was 5mil instead of 500k I would understand but there is absolutely no reason to have your star player making 30mil a year or more and you making 50k a year. It just further separates the team chemistry into the have gots and have nots zone.

It doesn't matter to me, it's not my business, but what I'm saying is guys get called up from the d-league all the time and do a nice job. They make peanuts in the d-league but suddenly make 550k in the big league. It's not because 550k is the open-market rate. It's because the union fights to get every player in the NBA a minimum salary, regardless of how replaceable he is. Some d-league guys would be WILLING to play for less than 500k, and if there were no union they would. Without a union, bench scrubs would be making what assistant coaches make.