PDA

View Full Version : Central Park Five & Donald Trump

Heilige
03-19-2016, 03:26 PM
In 1989, Donald Trump took out newspapers ads and requested the death penalty for 5 teenagers, 4 black and 1 latino, for the rape and savage beating of a female jogger in Central Park.

The teenagers were coerced into a confession and later convicted for the crime. These teenagers spent between 6 to 13 years in prison. They were later exonerated when the real rapist confessed in 2002.

Donald Trump remains adamant that these men committed the crime and is disgusted that the City of New York is paying them a total of $41 million dollars settlement for this injustice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWZK61x-oAs

Akrazotile
03-19-2016, 03:38 PM
What color was the real rapist?

Long Duck Dong
03-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Stupid OP wants to portray these punks as innocent victims who did nothing wrong. :oldlol:

All these gang members were definitely involved in the crime. That isn't even up for debate. They all confessed to the crime in the presence of their parents except for the black guy, who's fingeprints were lifted on the victim. They don't even deny they were part of a large group of gang members randomly attacking people for fun. They were convicted by a jury of mostly latinos, blacks, and an Asian. None confessed to the rape, but all admitted they assaulted and/or sexually assaulted the victim, but since the victim was definitely raped, some were charged with rape. They may or may not have had intercourse with the victim but they definitely attacked her.

Even liberal Bloomberg wasn't buying the whole innocent victim BS. It was the current idiot cop-hating mayor who gave these punks money.

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 04:11 PM
All these gang members were definitely involved in the crime. That isn't even up for debate.

It's not only not up for debate. It's settled case history that they WERE NOT involved in the rape of the jogger in Central Park.

The actual rapist was a serial rapist who raped 5 women and killed one. He was arrested 4 months after the Central Park Case and convicted in 1991. In 2002 he confessed to the Central Park rape and DNA evidence showed he did the crime.

The 5 teenagers were let out of prison and eventually settled a false conviction lawsuit for $40 million.

Akrazotile
03-19-2016, 04:18 PM
It's not only not up for debate. It's settled case history that they WERE NOT involved in the rape of the jogger in Central Park.

The actual rapist was a serial rapist who raped 5 women and killed one. He was arrested 4 months after the Central Park Case and convicted in 1991. In 2002 he confessed to the Central Park rape and DNA evidence showed he did the crime.

The 5 teenagers were let out of prison and eventually settled a false conviction lawsuit for $40 million.

What color was the serial rapist?

I only ask because a big deal seems to be made about the color of the 'falsely' accused. So I guess if that's important to know, it's also important to know the color of the confirmed rapist.

Do you know?

Long Duck Dong
03-19-2016, 04:23 PM

They never admitted to intercourse rape in the first place, but they did admit to assaulting her and sexually assaulting her. The only one who had said he had nothing to do with the victim, later had his fingerprints found on the victim. :oldlol: The guy who had intercourse rape with her may have came in after these gang members did the heavy lifting and incapacitated her, but they ain't innocent victims here.

Like I said, even liberal Bloomberg didn't want to give a cent to these punks. Trump ain't taking an L on account of these scumbags broseph.

Akrazotile
03-19-2016, 04:25 PM
They never admitted to intercourse rape in the first place, but they did admit to assaulting her and sexually assaulting her. The only one who had said he had nothing to do with the victim, later had his fingerprints found on the victim. :oldlol: The guy who had intercourse rape with her may have came in after these gang members did the heavy lifting and incapacitated her, but they ain't innocent victims here.

Like I said, even liberal Bloomberg didn't want to give a cent to these punks. Trump ain't taking an L on account of these scumbags broseph.

I guess this is what Hillary means when she talks about black youth being super predators, etc.

Anyway, condolences to the victim.

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 05:04 PM
Stupid OP wants to portray these punks as innocent victims who did nothing wrong. :oldlol:

It is however true that the Central Park five were punks AND they did commit some bad crimes that day. They were part of a pack of teens who were "wilding" knocking people of bicycles, assaulting joggers. But it was completely separate from the rape. The timing matched up and the cops linked the two separate crime scenes.

One difference between the two crimes was the rape was absolutely savage. The rapist who confessed, Matias Reyes (http://www.nydailynews.com/services/central-park-five/profile-matias-reyes-article-1.1308560) was described a veteran homicide detective as one of the top five lunatics he ever interveiewed. The jogger herself had no memory of the crime, but in her words
Reyes became real to me in a way the five had not,'' Ms. Meili writes. In fact, the rape more closely resembled another one from two days earlier than any of the crimes the five were committing in other parts of the park.

They all confessed to the crime in the presence of their parents except for the black guy, who's fingeprints were lifted on the victim. The confessions with their parents was after several hours of interrogations without their parents present. If you seen Making a Murderer, you have seen how cops can shape confessions.

Fingerprints were not entered as evidence at the trial. (http://www.nytimes.com/1990/12/13/nyregion/jogger-trial-jury-relied-on-physical-evidence-not-tapes.html) The physical evidence was human hair similiar to the victms. It was later determined through DNA testing it was not the victim's hair. During the interrogations a cop did say your fingerprints were found at the scene, but cops are allowed to lie to induce confessions.

The semen found at the scene only matched Matias Reyes. I believe this was the only physical evidence that ended up being reliable.

This is what the DA said (http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/wise.pdf) when their convictions were vacated.
A comparison of the statements reveals troubling discrepancies. ... The accounts given by the five defendants differed from one another on the specific details of virtually every major aspect of the crime—who initiated the attack, who knocked the victim down, who undressed her, who struck her, who held her, who raped her, what weapons were used in the course of the assault, and when in the sequence of events the attack took place. ... In many other respects the defendants' statements were not corroborated by, consistent with, or explanatory of objective, independent evidence. And some of what they said was simply contrary to established fact.The word fingerprint is not even used in that document.

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 05:10 PM
They never admitted to intercourse rape in the first place, but they did admit to assaulting her and sexually assaulting her. The only one who had said he had nothing to do with the victim, later had his fingerprints found on the victim. :oldlol:
This is absolutely false.

On the stand, McKenna, a detective for 20 years, openly acknowledged that he had used a ruse on the night after the rape to get Salaam's "confession." The boy, McKenna said, at first repeatedly denied having been in Central Park. Then, went McKenna's testimony, he, the detective, made the following untrue statement to Salaam: "Look, I don't care if you tell me anything. I don't care what you say to me. We have fingerprints on the jogger's pants. They're satin, they're a very smooth surface, and we have been able to get fingerprints off of them. I'm just going to compare your prints to the prints we have on the pants, and if they match up, you don't have to tell me anything. Because you're going down for rape."
There never were, of course, any fingerprints on the jogger's running pants.

This is a trick cops use to get defendants to admit to something. It is legal to do. However, it needs to be backed up by the physical evidence and other aspects of the crime.

Akrazotile
03-19-2016, 05:10 PM
One difference between the two crimes was the rape was absolutely savage. The rapist who confessed, Matias Reyes (http://www.nydailynews.com/services/central-park-five/profile-matias-reyes-article-1.1308560) was described a veteran homicide detective as one of the top five lunatics he ever interveiewed. The jogger herself had no memory of the crime, but in her words In fact, the rape more closely resembled another one from two days earlier than any of the crimes the five were committing in other parts of the park.

Ah, I see. So here is the actual rapist:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1308564.1365173789!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/article_970/matias-reyes-profile-pic.jpg

He was the guy who actually committed the rape, while the young black teens initially accused were off committing entirely separate crimes.

#Clarity.

NumberSix
03-19-2016, 05:11 PM
In 1989, Donald Trump took out newspapers ads and requested the death penalty for 5 teenagers, 4 black and 1 latino, for the rape and savage beating of a female jogger in Central Park.

The teenagers were coerced into a confession and later convicted for the crime. These teenagers spent between 6 to 13 years in prison. They were later exonerated when the real rapist confessed in 2002.

Donald Trump remains adamant that these men committed the crime and is disgusted that the City of New York is paying them a total of $41 million dollars settlement for this injustice.
Why is this relevant?

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 05:24 PM
The guy who had intercourse rape with her may have came in after these gang members did the heavy lifting and incapacitated herSo you're saying the coincidences in the case just got even more improbable. They did assault this women and this guy who is a serial rapist just happened in the same part of the park at the same time. You just made the likelihood of this happening exponentially rarer.

They never admitted to intercourse rape in the first place, but they did admit to assaulting her and sexually assaulting her. Yes, this is very common to false confessions. The cops say they have evidence you are there you are going to prison for life and the suspect says I was there but I didn't do the worst part. They try to minimize their involvement.

The kid who the cop told his fingerprints were found say, I was there but it was the other 4 who penetrated her. However, the DNA evidence even at the early trial conclusively EXCLUDED all 5 kids who were arrested and the jogger's boyfriend.
[QUOTE]The prosecution never did reveal the true DNA results and analysis. The FBI did

NumberSix
03-19-2016, 05:28 PM
Bottom line... They confessed to it. How the hell is Donald Trump a bad guy for believing their confession?

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Ah, I see. So here is the actual rapist:

He was the guy who actually committed the rape, while the young black teens initially accused were off committing entirely separate crimes.

#Clarity.Yes, not only that, but he committed a rape in roughly the same area of the park two days before (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjy5qb3zM3LAhXBdj4KHeytBbIQFggrMAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.villagevoice.com%2Fnews%2Fa-journey-through-the-tangled-case-of-the-central-park-jogger-6436053&usg=AFQjCNENTeOvmiH2V9eXFL8VztwTZx1Iyg&sig2=uIdmvWJrY1KahgP-W4m__g&bvm=bv.117218890,d.dmo). And that victim remembered the rape.

[QUOTE]Matias Reyes has now confessed to being that missing man, and his DNA shows him to be right. He has also confessed to the rape and beating of another woman two days earlier

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 06:02 PM
Why is this relevant?
All of 1989 New York just rolled their eyes.

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 06:15 PM
Bottom line... They confessed to it. How the hell is Donald Trump a bad guy for believing their confession?
Trump used this case for a jumping off point for other issues.
Among other things he called for ended civil liberties for those arrested of a crime. The all caps is his.

CIVIL LIBERTIES END WHEN AN ATTACK ON OUR SAFETY BEGINS.

I think the idea that the general understanding of the facts of the case were wrong should may you reflect a bit on statements like that. I know that a lot of reporters involved in this case have thought about it. One of them wrote an interactive book on false confessions. (http://nysci.org/false-conviction/) It lets you look at/hear/examine the evidence in this cases. It's a pretty interesting use of technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMx4gT64JxI

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 06:27 PM
If anyone is interested the documentary, The Central Park Five is pretty good, though it has a defense attorney feel to it.

It's on Netflix.

If you haven't seen Making a Murderer, there is a textbook case of inducing a false confession in that documentary.

oh the horror
03-19-2016, 06:40 PM
People would be surprised how many false confessions exist in the legal system.

I'd google the information. It's pretty sad

FillJackson
03-19-2016, 07:20 PM
I know that a lot of reporters involved in this case have thought about it. One of them wrote [URL="http://nysci.org/false-conviction/"]an interactive book on false confessions.
Wow, in this 2013 article, the reporter said not only was there a rape two days before in Central Park, the victim was able to give a sketch of the rapist and from that able to identify Matias Reyes as a suspect in that rape.
[QUOTE]In April 1989, after hours of interrogation, five teenage boys implicated themselves in the rape and near murder of a jogger in Central Park. Their accounts were wrong about when, where and how the crime had happened. Weak as their statements were, uncorroborated as they may have been by any physical evidence, the