PDA

View Full Version : Who had better draft than the Heat in 2015?

PJR
03-19-2016, 09:16 PM
Justise Winslow and Josh Richardson are going to be widely regarded as best defensive wing duo in the league in a couple years.

BasedTom
03-19-2016, 09:39 PM
winslow, jrich, tyler johnson

+whiteside entering his prime

future so bright I gotta wear shades

PJR
03-19-2016, 09:42 PM

My niqqa!

plowking
03-19-2016, 09:51 PM
Josh Richardson is so farking good it is crazy.

Athletic, can shoot the ball, and knows how to get to the ring. How did this guy drop so low?
His game reminds me a lot of Latrell Sprewell. Don't know why, but that intensity on both sides of the ball is nutty. Only thing is he is probably a better shooter.

Dresta
03-19-2016, 09:52 PM
No one.

Fallen Angel
03-19-2016, 10:06 PM
Minnesota.

jrong
03-19-2016, 10:12 PM
Richardson will be better than Winslow. J-Rich could be the long-term starting SG after Wade retires.

PJR
03-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Minnesota.

That may be the only argument. Towns is a special prospect on his own, but the Heat hit slam dunks on two picks. I'll be bias and say the Heat's draft overall is better.

PJR
03-19-2016, 10:19 PM
Richardson will be better than Winslow. J-Rich could be the long-term starting SG after Wade retires.

Nah.

Winslow is three years younger than Richardson. Only has one year of college experience compared to Richardson who was a 4 year guy. And in that one year, he was the best player in the NCAA tourney en route to a national title win. He's much more raw offensivly, but once Winslow's offense catches up with his defense he will be an all star for many years. Richardson is good as hell, though.

FreezingTsmoove
03-19-2016, 10:20 PM
Minnesota have a future all time great and a good pg shooter in Tyus Jones

Dresta
03-19-2016, 10:34 PM
Nah.

Winslow is three years younger than Richardson. Only has one year of college experience compared to Richardson who was a 4 year guy. And in that one year, he was the best player in the NCAA tourney en route to a national title win. He's much more raw offensivly, but once Winslow's offense catches up with his defense he will be an all star for many years. Richardson is good as hell, though.
Having a good draft is also getting value for picks. Not just getting the first pick and selecting who everyone would've picked.

PJR
04-18-2016, 01:10 PM
https://youtu.be/icE0AqVSnzo

StephHamann
04-18-2016, 01:14 PM
Minnesota.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q0xA_lbIQ90/UAP6Efwx5gI/AAAAAAAAB6Y/MMdYFX2DGTY/s1600/gameshow-winner.gif

miggyme1
04-18-2016, 01:21 PM

neither of the 3 look poised to become a superstar..true its just their first season but I think this team will be fun to watch post wade but living in mediocrity until they get a legit star

GrapeApe
04-18-2016, 01:55 PM
Josh Richardson is so farking good it is crazy.

Athletic, can shoot the ball, and knows how to get to the ring. How did this guy drop so low?
His game reminds me a lot of Latrell Sprewell. Don't know why, but that intensity on both sides of the ball is nutty. Only thing is he is probably a better shooter.

J-Rich reminds me of Eddie Jones. I too have no clue why he fell to the mid 2nd round. The only thing I can think of is that he's a bit of a tweener. He played PG in college but he doesn't really have NBA PG caliber handles. There's also a stigma about 4 year college players. If they re-drafted right now he'd be a lottery pick.

It's crazy that a team as good as the Heat has 2 rookies making major contributions. That usually only happens with teams that are rebuilding or have injuries. There's no other playoff team with 2 rookies in their primary 8-man rotation. The Heat's young core is as promising as any team in the league except Minnesota. Assuming they lock down Whiteside this summer (and I think they will), they could be set at SG, SF, and C for years to come.

miggyme1
04-18-2016, 01:58 PM
J-Rich reminds me of Eddie Jones. I too have no clue why he fell to the mid 2nd round. The only thing I can think of is that he's a bit of a tweener. He played PG in college but he doesn't really have NBA PG caliber handles. There's also a stigma about 4 year college players. If they re-drafted right now he'd be a lottery pick.

It's crazy that a team as good as the Heat has 2 rookies making major contributions. That usually only happens with teams that are rebuilding or have injuries. There's no other playoff team with 2 rookies in their primary 8-man rotation. The Heat's young core is as promising as any team in the league except Minnesota. Assuming they lock down Whiteside this summer (and I think they will), they could be set at SG, SF, and C for years to come.

no....just no.....late first round at best... I got a feeling he has a very low ceiling. I don't expect him to get much better than this year

imdaman99
04-18-2016, 02:00 PM
It was a good draft for them but none of them have high ceilings. I used to think Winslow did, but then I realized he is prob going to be a lot like Shump. I overrated the hell out of him while he was here and now that he is on the Cavs, he is a great defender of course but he is very inconsistent on offense. None of them are replacements for Wade.

miggyme1
04-18-2016, 02:01 PM
It was a good draft for them but none of them have high ceilings. I used to think Winslow did, but then I realized he is prob going to be a lot like Shump. I overrated the hell out of him while he was here and now that he is on the Cavs, he is a great defender of course but he is very inconsistent on offense. None of them are replacements for Wade.

:applause: :applause: :applause: I agree with every word you just said. I was a big shumpert fan and had him pegged to be a future superstar in this league. Boy was I wrong

IncarceratedBob
04-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Any team that might have gotten a potential superstar had a better draft because at the end of the day I rather have one star than five amazing role players. Wolves, Knicks, Lakers..

aquaadverse
04-18-2016, 02:32 PM

Unless they have knee issues, they have a much higher ceiling than Shump. Justise just turned 20 years old. Richardson is a few years older, but is still a work in progress. Are they Franchise players ? Nope. Could they be great supplemental players ? Yup.

Knicks suck at drafting and developmental players.

GrapeApe
04-18-2016, 02:47 PM
no....just no.....late first round at best... I got a feeling he has a very low ceiling. I don't expect him to get much better than this year

You are dead wrong, sorry. Richardson was the rookie of the month in March. He played his best basketball of the season when the Heat were in a tight playoff race. He's been one of the talks of the league over the past month and a half. He would absolutely be a late lottery pick or at worst just outside the lottery if they re-drafted right now. You don't think Jordan is taking him over Frank Kaminsky?

I also don't see how you can say he has a low ceiling or won't get better. He has great athleticism, great length, he can get to the rim, shoot the 3, and he's an excellent defender. He has all the tools to be a big time player. I'm not suggesting he'll be Wade. Few if anyone will ever be, but as I mentioned before, I see a lot of Eddie Jones.

PJR
04-18-2016, 02:52 PM
These retards really said Winslow is like Shumpert lmaooooo.

Knicks fans stay stuck on stupid.

The 2015 Heat draft >>>>

PJR
04-18-2016, 02:53 PM

Good thing you don't know shit

TheNaturalWR
04-18-2016, 03:09 PM
Really like Richardson. However, I can't be the only Heat fan not high on Winslow. He's going to be a good defender for the rest of his career but don't see him improving on offense as much as other Heat fans think. Neither are Wade replacements, not even close.

FKAri
04-18-2016, 03:56 PM
You are dead wrong, sorry. Richardson was the rookie of the month in March. He played his best basketball of the season when the Heat were in a tight playoff race. He's been one of the talks of the league over the past month and a half. He would absolutely be a late lottery pick or at worst just outside the lottery if they re-drafted right now. You don't think Jordan is taking him over Frank Kaminsky?

I also don't see how you can say he has a low ceiling or won't get better. He has great athleticism, great length, he can get to the rim, shoot the 3, and he's an excellent defender. He has all the tools to be a big time player. I'm not suggesting he'll be Wade. Few if anyone will ever be, but as I mentioned before, I see a lot of Eddie Jones.

By suggesting Jordan would take him over Kaminsky are you also suggesting he'd be a better pick over Winslow

miggyme1
04-18-2016, 03:59 PM

he was rookie of the year in march......ok....that's not telling me anything...except he played better than a handful of rookies for ONE month.

hell no my hornets aren't taking him over kaminsky....you high??? we already have like 30 guards on our team.

again....I didn't say he wouldn't get better but his ceiling looks to be very low. I understand if you are a heat fan and you cant see that but im bookmarking this thread and we will see where he is 2 seasons from now. I can assure you that you will be wrong about this kid.

GrapeApe
04-18-2016, 04:18 PM
Really like Richardson. However, I can't be the only Heat fan not high on Winslow. He's going to be a good defender for the rest of his career but don't see him improving on offense as much as other Heat fans think. Neither are Wade replacements, not even close.

Obviously nobody is going to be a Wade replacement, but we have to keep things in perspective. The Heat appear to have landed 2 quality NBA players at 10 and 40 in the draft respectively. That doesn't happen very often. In any given draft you are fortunate to get ONE player that will end up making significant contributions for your franchise. Look at the Heat's draft history. Outside of hitting a home run with Wade (who was an obvious choice), there hasn't been a whole lot of draft success.

As I mentioned earlier, the fact that Winslow and Richardson are major contributors on a playoff team speaks volumes. As for Winslow's potential, he's barely 20 years old. He has to improve his jumper for sure, but he's got the skill set to become a good offensive player. Solid handles, can get to the rim, good off-hand, and strong.

GrapeApe
04-18-2016, 04:24 PM
he was rookie of the year in march......ok....that's not telling me anything...except he played better than a handful of rookies for ONE month.

hell no my hornets aren't taking him over kaminsky....you high??? we already have like 30 guards on our team.

again....I didn't say he wouldn't get better but his ceiling looks to be very low. I understand if you are a heat fan and you cant see that but im bookmarking this thread and we will see where he is 2 seasons from now. I can assure you that you will be wrong about this kid.

Why?

Maybe I got carried away about him being a lottery pick, and as the other poster mentioned, being drafted in place of Kaminsky means he'd be picked ahead of Winslow. You make a good point about Charlotte's logjam at guard as well. However, I don't know what you're seeing (or not seeing) in Richardson that makes you think he has a low ceiling. Is it just because of his age?

miggyme1
04-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Why?

Maybe I got carried away about him being a lottery pick, and as the other poster mentioned, being drafted in place of Kaminsky means he'd be picked ahead of Winslow. You make a good point about Charlotte's logjam at guard as well. However, I don't know what you're seeing (or not seeing) in Richardson that makes you think he has a low ceiling. Is it just because of his age?

no its not age...he just looks almost like a fully developed nba player mentally and physically. Look at damian lillard for instance.

dude hasn't gotten much better than he was his rookie year. look at his stats. He came into the league averaging 20ppg and whateva. damian lillard had a low ceiling coming into the nba and everybody knew it..he was already nba ready though. Having a low ceiling doesn't necessarily make you a bad nba prospect.

What makes you a bad prospect is if all your hype is built on having a high ceiling and you never reach those lofty expectations a la oj mayo,mike beasely.

I don't see Richardson becoming too much better than what he is. Its rare that teams draft late in second round and get gems (draymond green, carlos boozer in Utah, isiah thomas) and look what happened after boozer left Utah.

scouts usually do a great job of picking the best talent on the market in the first round.

tpols
04-18-2016, 04:37 PM
no its not age...he just looks almost like a fully developed nba player mentally and physically. Look at damian lillard for instance.

dude hasn't gotten much better than he was his rookie year. look at his stats. He came into the league averaging 20ppg and whateva. damian lillard had a low ceiling coming into the nba and everybody knew it..he was already nba ready though. Having a low ceiling doesn't necessarily make you a bad nba prospect.

What makes you a bad prospect is if all your hype is built on having a high ceiling and you never reach those lofty expectations a la oj mayo,mike beasely.

I don't see Richardson becoming too much better than what he is. Its rare that teams draft late in second round and get gems (draymond green, carlos boozer in Utah, isiah thomas) and look what happened after boozer left Utah.

scouts usually do a great job of picking the best talent on the market in the first round.

you need elite organizations w/ unselfish stars to develop guys that late into something ala GS, SAS with manu, and draymond, but the Heat might actually have that. Miami is probably the third best ran organization in the league under Riley

GrapeApe
04-18-2016, 04:49 PM

Fair enough, and I guess we'll see. Jimmy Butler was the same age when he entered the league and I don't see any reason why Richardson can't be a similar player. Even if his ceiling is as a solid starter with great defense, you'll take that at the 40th pick any day.

qrich
04-18-2016, 04:52 PM
Josh was a nice steal late, but Winslow doesn't seem to be anything special.

Minnesota goes without saying, I like the Raptors snagging Norman Powell despite only having a middling second, Knicks with Staps/Grant/Guillermo. Suns getting Booker in the teens as well was :eek:

G-train
04-18-2016, 07:15 PM
we da bess

HurricaneKid
04-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Josh was a nice steal late, but Winslow doesn't seem to be anything special.

Minnesota goes without saying, I like the Raptors snagging Norman Powell despite only having a middling second, Knicks with Staps/Grant/Guillermo. Suns getting Booker in the teens as well was :eek:

It was far better than that. They got that middling second by trading Vazquez to Milwaukee for not only that pick but a 1st rounder as well. Which is why Bucks fans have their pitchforks out when it comes to Kidd as acting GM.

PJR
07-05-2016, 02:29 PM
These boys are NASTY