PDA

View Full Version : March 20, 2016: Joel Embiid ruled out the 2016-17 Summer League.

Fallen Angel
03-20-2016, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE]The Philadelphia 76ers allowed Joel Embiid to delay his most recent operation from late June until August 18th because he wanted to enjoy himself for more of the summer.

The 76ers don't plan on allowing Embiid play in Summer League.

If Embiid had undergone the operation at the end of June, it would be a full 12 months until the start of this year's Summer League.

"If this guy is healthy, it would only make sense to play in the summer league

oh the horror
03-20-2016, 02:52 PM
They postponed it because he wanted to enjoy his summer.

Ok.

Why on earth would they allow that? This kid is sitting on your roster getting paid and he's yet to play any professional basketball.

Does he play next season or what?

Spurs5Rings2014
03-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Gobb, bring that ass here, boy.

:roll:

Real14
03-20-2016, 02:55 PM
Damn, even Greg Olden is shaking his head at this dude right now:facepalm

IcanzIIravor
03-20-2016, 03:27 PM
You know who has the best job in the world? Joel Embiid. Who has a job where you get paid no matter what and your bosses practically don't want you to produce or show your worth. What a life. Do you have to play a single game during the duration of your contract? If not this dude may go through his rookie deal without playing a single game. Live the dream, Joel!

Labissiere
03-20-2016, 03:32 PM
I feel sad for him.

KG215
03-20-2016, 03:36 PM
How is Embiid the face of the franchise? He was drafted two years ago and still hasn't stepped on the court in a 76ers uniform. If anyone is the face of the franchise right now, it's Noel or Okafor.

pastis
03-20-2016, 03:50 PM
face of the franchise? never playing in the nba and averaging 11ppg and 8rebpg in 1 college season (AND missing the ncaa tournament)? wtf?

its questionable if he will ever play in the nba.... or at least on a decent level over a full season.

Black and White
03-20-2016, 04:17 PM
The Sixers must be the most shameless franchise in the league. :facepalm

Their tanking has got them this?

oh the horror
03-20-2016, 04:20 PM
The Sixers must be the most shameless franchise in the league. :facepalm

Their tanking has got them this?

And they might end up with the first pick in the draft. I feel for any kid being sent down to that shithole franchise.

Imagine you're Noel or Okafor out there busting your ass and this source is calling Joel the face of the franchise?!

Black and White
03-20-2016, 04:25 PM
And they might end up with the first pick in the draft. I feel for any kid being sent down to that shithole franchise.

Imagine you're Noel or Okafor out there busting your ass and this source is calling Joel the face of the franchise?!

I really do feel sorry for anyone drafted there, and also you gotta feel for Brett Brown who has been dealt a shitty roster, we haven't yet got to see how good he can be.

A winning environment breeds the right attitudes.

JimmyMcAdocious
03-20-2016, 04:27 PM
They will get the 3rd pick. NBA's not rewarding them with Simmons or Ingram.

Akrazotile
03-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Gobb, bring that ass here, boy.

:roll:

:oldlol:

AI09
03-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Old news sixers fans knew about this since the summer. Sixers front office is scared he might re injure himself like last summer and miss another season.

I never knew the summer league runs from 2016 to 2017
Explains all those red bars OP

bobopenguin
03-21-2016, 05:21 AM
anyone still believe in this fool?

is he even getting paid for this?

Im Still Ballin
03-21-2016, 05:23 AM
Meh

Summer league

BasedTom
03-21-2016, 06:03 AM
They will get the 3rd pick. NBA's not rewarding them with Simmons or Ingram.
If buddy hield ends up there I will pray for him

GOBB
03-21-2016, 12:45 PM
I'm here, what would you all like to discuss? Sixers fans have known for awhile he wouldn't play summer league.

And you feel sorry for a kid getting drafted by the sixers but have no issues with a kid being drafted by the Timberwolves. Can you help me explain that logic please?

Legends66NBA7
03-21-2016, 12:50 PM
I'm here, what would you all like to discuss? Sixers fans have known for awhile he wouldn't play summer league.

And you feel sorry for a kid getting drafted by the sixers but have no issues with a kid being drafted by the Timberwolves. Can you help me explain that logic please?

Towns has been really good, though. Better than anyone Philly has drafted recently. Same with Wiggins, but not as good as Towns. He actually is more comparable with Jah for a while, but I give Wiggins an edge in durability.

You are right that the Timberwolves have been a mess for over decade now, but they could legit turn their franchise around with Towns and Wiggins as the building blocks. I see posters jumping on their bandwagon since there is a light of hope; nobody seeing that right now with Philly. I liked the Jerry Colangelo

GOBB
03-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Towns has been really good, though. Better than anyone Philly has drafted recently. Same with Wiggins, but not as good as Towns. He actually is more comparable with Jah for a while, but I give Wiggins an edge in durability.

You are right that the Timberwolves have been a mess for over decade now, but they could legit turn their franchise around with Towns and Wiggins as the building blocks. I see posters jumping on their bandwagon since there is a light of hope; nobody seeing that right now with Philly. I liked the Jerry Colangelo

See you're touching my point. You acknowledge the wolves have been a mess for decades. And they will draft high again in the lottery this season. But you see promise with towns (whom I wanted last draft no hindsight) and Wiggins. I agree I like those two and I think if towns is who I think he can be (franchise caliber player with impact at both ends) the wolves could become a team that sees the postseason regularly. The sixers have only been tanking for 3 seasons in comparison and yet everyone wants to trash them. If after the draft, free agency and next season this team is no better than this season or last seasons? Fine. But shit can fans at least say they have some pieces, they have 3 maybe 4 first rd draft picks, tons of cap space, and two players from 2014 that could play (Embiid of healthy and Saric if he comes over and isn't traded)?

Showtime2001
03-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Greg Oden 2.0

GOBB
03-21-2016, 01:08 PM
I don't know if the end result will work or we become the wolves of the east. The fan in me wants it to work the realist in me understands there is no lock we are in a better position than before (stuck in mediocrity). I'm riding it out because I've experienced seasons that trump this in the past. Sixers made the mistake of saying we are tanking vs hiding it and pretending they weren't. Selling fans and general fans this idea of "trying to win".

Whether this franchise becomes a disgrace remains to be seen is all I'm saying. Don't be so quick to attatch it.

JohnnySic
03-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Absolutely no reason to rush Embiid back until they know he is 100%.