WallIn
03-20-2016, 06:40 PM
37 years old :applause:

fiddy
03-20-2016, 06:40 PM
lucky the blazers choked

DMAVS41
03-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Only Kareem, Jordan, and Malone have scored 40 or more at age 37 or older...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=37&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=N&round_id=&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_day=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=pts&c1comp=gt&c1val=40&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

SchrOEder
03-20-2016, 06:48 PM
37 years old :applause:

and for what? if i remember right, Dirk Nowitzki had a great 2013/2014 season and carried a bad roster to the playoffs. He was exhausted when the offseason started and had a downfall. so whats the matter? to play the gsw or spurs again? spurs will kill him. he is way too slow for any spurs defender.

mavs should rebuild.

feyki
03-20-2016, 06:50 PM
And with legendary OT . Dirk showed that tonight , he still one of the best player in the game when he want . Amazing .

Locked_Up_Tonight
03-20-2016, 06:51 PM
and for what? if i remember right, Dirk Nowitzki had a great 2013/2014 season and carried a bad roster to the playoffs. He was exhausted when the offseason started and had a downfall. so whats the matter? to play the gsw or spurs again? spurs will kill him. he is way too slow for any spurs defender.

mavs should rebuild.

Agreed. Dirk killing himself to make the playoffs so he and the Mavs can get their heads bashed in.

But he has had 8 straight games of 20+ points. The last time he has done that? The 2010-2011 season.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
03-20-2016, 06:51 PM
He always kills Portland............

Still a top 15 player at 37yo, and fringe top 5 offensive player IMO. Last season he fell off hard 2nd half of the season but its been the opposite this season, hes played his best ball recently

Imagine if Dirk played C from the start of the season.......in this new era hes even more dangerous there.

27/7/3 with only a turnover a game on 54/42/90 in his last 8.........those are prime Dirk numbers and hes gone against some tough Cs too. Jokic, Deandre, Drummond, Turner, Draymond/Bogut.......

WallIn
03-20-2016, 06:53 PM

mavs should rebuild.

Dirk isn't a problem there, he took a huge paycut and he's still a valuable player. It's up to the Mavs organization to work some magic and bring some worthy FAs.

SchrOEder
03-20-2016, 06:53 PM
Agreed. Dirk killing himself to make the playoffs so he and the Mavs can get their heads bashed in.

But he has had 8 straight games of 20+ points. The last time he has done that? The 2010-2011 season.

this is what i meant. Kobe is way smarter. he knew that he cant do shit anymore and he didnt want to be exposed in the playoffs.

MellowYellow
03-20-2016, 07:34 PM
more impressed by deron's 31 and 16 dimes

Lebronxrings
03-20-2016, 07:42 PM
meanwhile kobe...

DMAVS41
03-20-2016, 07:44 PM

mavs should rebuild.

So Dirk shouldn't try his best and compete? Seems kind of silly.

The Mavs shouldn't have rebuilt...we shouldn't have signed that clown Parsons to a max contract.

We took the champion Spurs to 7 games and then screwed up that team by adding a needless piece in Parsons that led to logical, but terrible, Rondo trade because of our gaping hole at pg...that would have been filled if not for Parsons

It, also, caused us to miss out on letting Crowder develop into the player he is now...which Rick deserves a ton of blame for...and the ultimate kick in the nuts is that Crowder is a far better player than Parsons is now

But for what?...you ask...

Because Dirk is one of the best ever and he's got maybe another year or two left and it's games like this that make it worth it for him. all those hours stretching before and after games...the time working out...watching what he eats...etc.

It's all for these throw back games and runs that he's currently on.

If you/we can't appreciate one of the best ever doing something only 4 other guys in NBA history have done...and you are supposed to be a hardcore NBA fan on a message board....I give up

Appreciate greatness...because within a year or two there will no longer be Dirk, KG, Duncan, or Kobe...4 of the 20 best players ever imo...gone forever

And one of them just put up a 40/8/4 in a must win game late in the season...:bowdown:

SchrOEder
03-20-2016, 07:49 PM
So Dirk shouldn't try his best and compete? Seems kind of silly.

The Mavs shouldn't have rebuilt...we shouldn't have signed that clown Parsons to a max contract.

We took the champion Spurs to 7 games and then screwed up that team by adding a needless piece in Parsons that led to logical, but terrible, Rondo trade because of our gaping hole at pg...that would have been filled if not for Parsons

It, also, caused us to miss out on letting Crowder develop into the player he is now...which Rick deserves a ton of blame for...and the ultimate kick in the nuts is that Crowder is a far better player than Parsons is now

But for what?...you ask...

Because Dirk is one of the best ever and he's got maybe another year or two left and it's games like this that make it worth it for him. all those hours stretching before and after games...the time working out...watching what he eats...etc.

It's all for these throw back games and runs that he's currently on.

If you/we can't appreciate one of the best ever doing something only 4 other guys in NBA history have done...and you are supposed to be a hardcore NBA fan on a message board....I give up

Appreciate greatness...because within a year or two there will no longer be Dirk, KG, Duncan, or Kobe...4 of the 20 best players ever imo...gone forever

And one of them just put up a 40/8/4 in a must win game late in the season...:bowdown:

and then? getting blown out by the spurs 4:0 and dirk shooting 40% and 20% from three and PER 14 because he is way too slow? he cant jump for a rebound anymore. literally.

Monsieur Nowitzki would be a superbe sixth man for the Hawks. He and Schroder coming off the bench. UH LALALA

DoctorP
03-20-2016, 07:56 PM
He had the stroke going, Im sure.

Legend of Dirk

lilteapot
03-20-2016, 08:00 PM

mavs should rebuild.
It doesn't matter. Dirk isn't playing for a title anymore. Just appreciate a great performance by a great player.

DMAVS41
03-20-2016, 08:03 PM
and then? getting blown out by the spurs 4:0 and dirk shooting 40% and 20% from three and PER 14 because he is way too slow? he cant jump for a rebound anymore. literally.

Monsieur Nowitzki would be a superbe sixth man for the Hawks. He and Schroder coming off the bench. UH LALALA

So I ask again...Dirk shouldn't try hard because his franchise did a terrible job building around him? Seems silly...

And, welcome to the Mavs since about 2003...you could have said..."for what" just about every single year because we never had the kind of loaded rosters that other teams in the league did.

Again, if you can't appreciate someone doing something truly historic in the league...don't be a fan...and don't be on a message board. You just aren't a fan of the game at all if your response to today's historic game was:

"who cares...for what"

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

SchrOEder
03-20-2016, 08:08 PM
you dont understand: of course Dirk Nowitzki plays good for his age. But he is wasting his last good moments on a crap team. he was loyal long enough for this shitty franchise and should have gone to atlanta to play with his german brother schroder.

im sure with dirk on the roster we could have been dangerous for the cavs last year.

imagine this fire power: dirk as a shooter and schroder as a slasher from the bench. :bowdown:

SchrOEder
03-20-2016, 08:12 PM
meanwhile kobe...

meanwhile kobe is intelligent enough to know when he should stop playing for a shitty franchise. kobe knew when he couldnt contribute anymore. do you really think kobe wants to be exposed in the playoff by spurs or gsw?

k

lilteapot
03-20-2016, 08:17 PM
meanwhile kobe is intelligent enough to know when he should stop playing for a shitty franchise. kobe knew when he couldnt contribute anymore. do you really think kobe wants to be exposed in the playoff by spurs or gsw?

k
Kobe can't even get his team to the playoffs :lol

GrapeApe
03-20-2016, 08:17 PM
Hell of a performance froman all-time great and top 20 player ever.

:applause:

Real14
03-20-2016, 08:26 PM
Congrats Dirk:applause:

Magic 32
03-20-2016, 08:36 PM
meanwhile kobe...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUYgIuUea64

ArbitraryWater
03-20-2016, 08:42 PM

I have no idea who this alt is, but he's german, which makes it even weirder.. can be seen by his username, terrible grammar, and the fact he writes a playoff score like its a football game "4:0" :oldlol:

12th
03-20-2016, 08:46 PM
meanwhile kobe...
:lol

DMAVS41
03-20-2016, 09:35 PM
you dont understand: of course Dirk Nowitzki plays good for his age. But he is wasting his last good moments on a crap team. he was loyal long enough for this shitty franchise and should have gone to atlanta to play with his german brother schroder.

im sure with dirk on the roster we could have been dangerous for the cavs last year.

imagine this fire power: dirk as a shooter and schroder as a slasher from the bench. :bowdown:

We all agree that the Mavs did a crap job building around Dirk since 11...and honestly...for the majority of his career.

That doesn't change anything about how Dirk plays or how hard he works.

Part of the reason I respect Dirk so much is how hard he works and how much he cares about regular season games this late in his career. You know he's giving it his all even when winning a game in the first round, if they make it, is unlikely.

You want to pull for a player like that. You want that player leading your franchise because he's done it the right way.

So when he does something only 4 other guys have done in NBA history...it's not minimized because his owner and gm have sucked at their jobs for the better part of 2 decades.

Black and White
03-20-2016, 09:41 PM
We all agree that the Mavs did a crap job building around Dirk since 11...and honestly...for the majority of his career.

That doesn't change anything about how Dirk plays or how hard he works.

Part of the reason I respect Dirk so much is how hard he works and how much he cares about regular season games this late in his career. You know he's giving it his all even when winning a game in the first round, if they make it, is unlikely.

You want to pull for a player like that. You want that player leading your franchise because he's done it the right way.

So when he does something only 4 other guys have done in NBA history...it's not minimized because his owner and gm have sucked at their jobs for the better part of 2 decades.

Reading the bolded, one would think that you would show Kobe some more respect, just an observation.

DMAVS41
03-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Reading the bolded, one would think that you would show Kobe some more respect, just an observation.

I've always talked about how hard Kobe worked and how tough he was.

Anyway, my main beef concerning Kobe is with his crazy fans...

Akrazotile
03-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Tbh I got him ahead of Kobe all time.

G0ATbe
03-20-2016, 11:16 PM
meanwhile kobe...
Is the oldest player ever to have a 30 point triple double, and dropped 38 this season:applause:

I wonder how LeBald will do when he's their age:lol

Black and White
03-20-2016, 11:24 PM
I've always talked about how hard Kobe worked and how tough he was.

Anyway, my main beef concerning Kobe is with his crazy fans...

Fair enough :cheers:

His stans are pretty bad, same with MJ and LeBron though

masonanddixon
03-20-2016, 11:50 PM
Easily the greatest 37 year old player of all time.

90sgoat
03-20-2016, 11:51 PM
It will be a sad day for Dirk to retire. Never really liked him that much in the past, but he has grown on me particularly after 2011. Revolutionized the stretch 4.

Keno
03-21-2016, 02:09 AM
damn, this is what real longevity looks like. kobe could learn a thing or two.

chrono84
03-21-2016, 03:06 AM
damn, this is what real longevity looks like. kobe could learn a thing or two.

Comparing apples and oranges here... Kobe had major injuries (Achilles, Knee) whereas Dirk "only" had minor knee issues and ankle problems compared to Kobe.

Kobe was still very good before he teared his Achilles tendon.