PDA

View Full Version : How much faith do you have in the Cavs?

Im Still Ballin
03-21-2016, 04:04 AM
They've been playing some really contrasting up and down basketball since Irving returned, and the all star break. Some nights they lose to low seeded, get blown out by borderline playoff teams and mid seeds, and other nights they blow out the Clippers, San Antonio, OKC...

I'm really interested to see what sort of Cleveland shows up come playoffs. The east can get really interesting if they are off their game.

Im Still Ballin
03-21-2016, 04:13 AM
Channing Frye is going to be very important in the playoffs

That Thompson-Frye frontcourt gives you quality open shot shooting (Yes I'm looking at you Kevin), the floor spacing, quality defenders with length, and still elite rebounding on both ends.

Channing displayed his defensive ability against Utah

Stuffed the shit out of Favors like 3 times

WayOfWade
03-21-2016, 04:34 AM
Channing Frye is going to be very important in the playoffs

That Thompson-Frye frontcourt gives you quality open shot shooting (Yes I'm looking at you Kevin), the floor spacing, quality defenders with length, and still elite rebounding on both ends.

Channing displayed his defensive ability against Utah

Stuffed the shit out of Favors like 3 times
Yeah, only to get mentally baited by rookie Trey Lyles.
As for my faith in the Cavs, I think they can take it all if Kevin Love can step it up. I believe he is the key to all of this, he's the piece that changes the game when he's on

Im Still Ballin
03-21-2016, 04:39 AM
Lebron-Love is the Cavs best 2 man lineup combination

Followed by Lebron-Thompson

Lebron-Frye and Love-Frye are not too far behind

(these are according to the numbers)

JebronLames
03-21-2016, 04:41 AM
Channing Frye is gonna be a three point god. I see him making a game winner in the finals.

AintNoSunshine
03-21-2016, 05:12 AM
Yeah, only to get mentally baited by rookie Trey Lyles.
As for my faith in the Cavs, I think they can take it all if Kevin Love can step it up. I believe he is the key to all of this, he's the piece that changes the game when he's on
I agree. Love has always been the X factor. Because he is wildly inconsistent in scoring. When he's on the Cavs' offense comes alive and are very dangerous. But when he's off it gets overly simple and ugly.

Gileraracer
03-21-2016, 05:17 AM
Channing Frye is gonna be a three point god. I see him making a game winner in the finals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLbDGIcf4AU

Cocaine80s
03-21-2016, 05:20 AM
I still believe

knicksman
03-21-2016, 05:34 AM
As a bran stan, i would say 2 out of 6 chance of winning

PP34Deuce
03-21-2016, 11:45 AM
I see a team that's waiting for the playoffs to start. the lack of consistency supports that argument.

I do think MIA will be a test for them (more so than toronto) but they look bored.

Love will struggle with big and lengthy front courts. MIA has length that will bother him in the post.

Frye is going to really allow them to open the game up. Against a team like MIA, Frye starting at the 5 will bring Whiteside out.

aj1987
03-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Their defense is terrible and Ty doesn't seem to give a shit about defense anyways. Their 3pt shooting is also inconsistent AF. At best, they'll make the Finals and win a game or two.

12th
03-21-2016, 11:51 AM
If the Cavs make it to the finals, my scenarios:

Warriors win in 5
Spurs lose in 7 or Spurs win in 6
Thunder lose in 6

Cavs defense isn't what it could be and their #2 and #3 options are too inconsistent and sloppy defenders

12th
03-21-2016, 11:53 AM
I see a team that's waiting for the playoffs to start. the lack of consistency supports that argument.

I do think MIA will be a test for them (more so than toronto) but they look bored.

Love will struggle with big and lengthy front courts. MIA has length that will bother him in the post.

Frye is going to really allow them to open the game up. Against a team like MIA, Frye starting at the 5 will bring Whiteside out.
On point

miggyme1
03-21-2016, 12:07 PM
They've been playing some really contrasting up and down basketball since Irving returned, and the all star break. Some nights they lose to low seeded, get blown out by borderline playoff teams and mid seeds, and other nights they blow out the Clippers, San Antonio, OKC...

I'm really interested to see what sort of Cleveland shows up come playoffs. The east can get really interesting if they are off their game.

If they are off they game they not making it past the first round......so in other words if they are on their game they still have a dog fight to get to the finals. The cavs were a better team last year than they are this year. Idk y.....maybe everybody was excited to be playing alongside LeBron but it just seems this year...the body language is different. I don't know if the urgency of winning a ship has drained the young ones like irving and k love. You gotta remember these guys played on bottom dwellers with no expectations for YEARS.

I really don't see the cavs making it to the finals this year

bdreason
03-21-2016, 02:16 PM
If you're asking me to have faith in LeBron, Love, and Kyrie in a Finals series against the Spurs or Warriors... I'm gonna pass.

If the Thunder or Clippers make the NBA Finals, it's a different story.

inclinerator
03-21-2016, 04:12 PM
never bet against lebran even tho he's 2/6 he can win a series by himself

FreezingTsmoove
03-21-2016, 04:14 PM
About as much faith as I have in Bernie Sanders

Akrazotile
03-21-2016, 04:26 PM
I have all the faith in the world in L3Bron. In the rest of that shitty squad, next to none at all.

dazzer87
03-21-2016, 04:38 PM
I have 100% faith in the refs....... They will manage to get the cavs to the finals. :cheers:

Blue&Orange
03-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Who gives a shit about the Cavs, not even Lebron. They fired a competent coach and gave the team to a rookie coach :lol

All that matters is Lebron statpadding, and while Cavs are worst since the coach trade, Blatt 30-11, Lue 19-9, Lebron stats improved. Run and Gun really helps Lebron get his fast break layups, and helps him get more rebounds and assists. What a shitty trade for the cavs, Varejao for Frye, but great trade for Lebron, another corpse behind the 3pt line to help him get his assists.

Let's all remember how puppet Lue started James Jones in his first game as a coach, like Lebron told him to, and laugh out loud for a while.

Oh what a time to be a cavs fan. Can wait next year when they overpay the over the hill statpadder loser that is running their franchise.

smoovegittar
03-21-2016, 05:07 PM
I know LeBron has another gear come playoffs.. but I don't think they get past a healthy Heat with Bosh.

PP34Deuce
03-21-2016, 05:12 PM
I know LeBron has another gear come playoffs.. but I don't think they get past a healthy Heat with Bosh.

I would have said this if they didn't get Frye... but Frye allows them to flexibility.

Kevin Love historically struggles with very long front courts or very physical ones. He will probably be leading scorer versus Toronto and struggle with a team like MIA.

Frye allows you to play him at the 5 and bring Whiteside out. Even if they take Whiteside out and put Bosh at the 5, you have Frye as a capable defender that can shoot and create spacing.

MIA CLE would be a very entertaining series. They match up well.

smoovegittar
03-21-2016, 05:16 PM
I would have said this if they didn't get Frye... but Frye allows them to flexibility.

Kevin Love historically struggles with very long front courts or very physical ones. He will probably be leading scorer versus Toronto and struggle with a team like MIA.

Frye allows you to play him at the 5 and bring Whiteside out. Even if they take Whiteside out and put Bosh at the 5, you have Frye as a capable defender that can shoot and create spacing.

MIA CLE would be a very entertaining series. They match up well.

I agree, but I don't trust Frye as I have watched him choke earlier in his career. I am impressed with his 3 ball ability.

nba_55
03-21-2016, 05:39 PM
Who gives a shit about the Cavs, not even Lebron. They fired a competent coach and gave the team to a rookie coach :lol

All that matters is Lebron statpadding, and while Cavs are worst since the coach trade, Blatt 30-11, Lue 19-9, Lebron stats improved. Run and Gun really helps Lebron get his fast break layups, and helps him get more rebounds and assists. What a shitty trade for the cavs, Varejao for Frye, but great trade for Lebron, another corpse behind the 3pt line to help him get his assists.

Let's all remember how puppet Lue started James Jones in his first game as a coach, like Lebron told him to, and laugh out loud for a while.

Oh what a time to be a cavs fan. Can wait next year when they overpay the over the hill statpadder loser that is running their franchise.

You can't be serious with that. Varejao was useless, Frye has been perfect off the bench.

chips93
03-21-2016, 06:18 PM
If you're asking me to have faith in LeBron, Love, and Kyrie in a Finals series against the Spurs or Warriors... I'm gonna pass.

If the Thunder or Clippers make the NBA Finals, it's a different story.

pretty much this

the spurs and warriors are playing chess, everybody else is playing checkers.

we run the most basic offense, smart teams can shut us down, and force lebron and kyrie to beat them one on one, which they can do some nights. but lebron isnt the same isolation scorer he once was.

the ball moves well once the defense has broken down, they will pass up a good shot to get a better one, but they dont move the ball as a habit, to break the defense in the first place, like the spurs and warriors do.

im not sold at all on lue either. love isnt getting his touches anymore, and the defense isnt any better. this just isnt a very well coached, organised team. some of that is that we simply dont have as talented a head coach as the warriors or spurs, but i think a bigger thing is that lebron and kyrie are too selfish, they want the ball in their hands too much for any coach to install a real offense. i guess thats just the nba, few stars have humility like curry, duncan and kawhi. they are the exception.

delly is great though, so theres that.

Dr Hawk
03-21-2016, 06:39 PM
If they make it to the Finals, it is a FACT that they will lose.

DukeDelonte13
03-21-2016, 07:45 PM
to win the chip this year? little to none unless Curry or Draymond go down w/ injury. I think they have a shot against the spurs.

I'm not even confident they make the finals this year.

Lebron is such a damn baby. If he wasn't so damn immature and could actually lead by example the cavs would be so much better. This season's sh*t show is on him.

CarlosBoozer
03-21-2016, 07:55 PM
They'll make it out of the east, it'll be tougher than last year but I'm pretty sure Bron/Love/Kyrie will step up. Frye is a huge game changer as well, and don't forget jr smith.

come finals, i have my doubts...