PDA

View Full Version : ESPN video on Iggy's impact on Curry

SouBeachTalents
03-23-2016, 01:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=15045924

OldSchoolBBall
03-23-2016, 01:37 AM
Wow, that's a staggering different with and without Iggy. 11+ ppg difference and 6-10% 3FG%. I wonder if it's because Iggy finds Steph in transition/semi-transition more, leading to more open looks, or he just puts the ball where Steph likes it better and knows when/where he'll get open in the halfcourt?

Never really seen a drop-off in scoring like that when one teammate is off the court.

Akhenaten
03-23-2016, 01:38 AM
God I hate these people and their stupid so-called stats

Per 36 is another dumb azz stat, like ts℅, actually its worse. % shot when Iggy passes him the ball compared to other teammates?

More sleight of hand BULLSH*T
What percentage if his total shot attempts does his shots off Iggy passes account for? I guarantee its miniscule.

Curry attempts 20 shots per, how many those would you venture to say shots off Iggy passes account for? 2 at the VERY most?

These people with these specific as hell stats smh, don't fall for their 3 card molly, smoke and mirrors garbage.

Percentage of shots made off igoudala passes :facepalm
God I hate these people, obvious agenda too

Bankaii
03-23-2016, 02:17 AM
That's why he's the FMVP:applause:

warriorfan
03-23-2016, 02:19 AM
Wow, that's a staggering different with and without Iggy. 11+ ppg difference and 6-10% 3FG%. I wonder if it's because Iggy finds Steph in transition/semi-transition more, leading to more open looks, or he just puts the ball where Steph likes it better and knows when/where he'll get open in the halfcourt?

Never really seen a drop-off in scoring like that when one teammate is off the court.

It's cause Iggy comes off the bench and feasts on the opponents second unit while Steph has to play vs the starters as well

scuzzy
03-23-2016, 02:37 AM
It's cause Iggy comes off the bench and feasts on the opponents second unit while Steph has to play vs the starters as well

Iggys 5th on the Warriors roster in minutes and closes out games against opponents best lineups. He's actually considered better than a starter, just as Tristan Thompson is.

warriorfan
03-23-2016, 02:39 AM
Iggys 5th on the Warriors roster in minutes and closes out games against opponents best lineups. He's actually considered better than a starter, just as Tristan Thompson is.

Iguodala plays on the second unit.

He checks into the game when the opponent's second unit is checking into the game as well.

Steph plays more minutes vs the starters than Iguodala does, there are no two ways about it.

Spurs m8
03-23-2016, 02:52 AM

So tell me how this explains such a drop off?

Prime_Shaq
03-23-2016, 02:57 AM
Iggy is the glue guy on that team, he'll do anything the team needs him to do. Shoot, pass, defend he can do everything on court at an average to great level. He is also highly integral in their small ball lineup, not really a surprise Curry plays better with him on court.

warriorfan
03-23-2016, 02:57 AM
So tell me how this explains such a drop off?

Curry plays vs good players (starters) and poor players (2nd unit bench players

Iguodala plays vs poor players (2nd unit bench players)

Line ups with Iguodala Curry will look better because they are playing lesser players on average

scuzzy
03-23-2016, 03:45 AM
Curry plays vs good players (starters) and poor players (2nd unit bench players

Iguodala plays vs poor players (2nd unit bench players)

Line ups with Iguodala Curry will look better because they are playing lesser players on average

You can tell you don't know ball and how Kerr's rotations work, they don't substitute lumps of 5 guys all at once, it's not hockey :lol

Iggy isn't your typical non-starter. He subs in generally @ 6:00 of the 1st/3rd, subs out @ 9:00 of the 2nd/4th and subs back in @ 5:00 to close out the half/game. That's why he averages 28mpg.

Iggy plays more against starters than bench players, he's the only non-starter on the Warriors that specifically subs in early in the 1st/3rd Q and closes out the 2nd/4th Q. They do this because their Curry, Klay, Barnes, Iggy, Green is their strongest lineup and stats back it

scuzzy
03-23-2016, 03:48 AM

He checks into the game when the opponent's second unit is checking into the game as well.

No, he doesn't :oldlol:

MiseryCityTexas
03-23-2016, 03:50 AM
People want to sit and pretend like Iggy wasn't a go to guy star player on his own team a couple of years ago SMFH.

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 03:52 AM

:milton

MiseryCityTexas
03-23-2016, 04:08 AM

Steph plays more minutes vs the starters than Iguodala does, there are no two ways about it.

He didn't play against the opposing team's second unit much in last year's NBA play-offs and last years NBA Finals.:hammerhead:

scuzzy
03-23-2016, 11:21 PM
He didn't play against the opposing team's second unit much in last year's NBA play-offs and last years NBA Finals.:hammerhead:
Sure didnt