PDA

View Full Version : "Lebron would take a pay cut to play 1-2 years with CP3, Carmelo and Wade"

EveryManALion
03-23-2016, 12:54 PM
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/brotherhood/

Per Bleacher Report. I know the source is super unreliable but still....lolzzzzzz of course Lebron would.:roll:

Mass Debator
03-23-2016, 12:55 PM
So basically the redeem team?

r0drig0lac
03-23-2016, 01:02 PM
:roll:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/lebron.jpg

34-24 Footwork
03-23-2016, 01:04 PM
Lol. I wish he was trolling. But this nigguh could literally be trying to make it happen behind the scenes as we speak :lol

Nash
03-23-2016, 01:09 PM
Cavs should trade Kevin Love for Melo. Win win for both.

Knicks get younger
Cavs get a guy who fits better
Love gets to be the guy again
Melo finally gets to play for championships.

nba_55
03-23-2016, 01:10 PM
Another click bait fake news.

Mass Debator
03-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Difficult things that has to happen:

1. Bosh retire
2. Trade Winslow for Melo
3. Trade Dragic for CP3 somehow
4. Melo+CP3 restructures contract to a more manageable $16-18m
5. Projected salary cap be around $90m

If all those happen, the Heat would only have McRoberts and Richardson under contract worth ~$6.5m. At this point, it'll almost be a guarantee that the Heat would have all 4 next year in 2017. Almost too impossible though.

CP3 = $18m
Wade = $10m
Lebron = $18m
Melo = $18m
Whiteside = $20m

Richardson = $874k
McRoberts trade or buyout for JJ/Deng = $6m
Amare = $1m
Tyler = $1m

Approx $92.8m and dreaming

sd3035
03-23-2016, 01:49 PM

Knicks get younger

and lose while Lebald chokes his way to 2/8, 9, 10 etc

Ca$H
03-23-2016, 01:59 PM
LEBRON WANTS TO PLAY WITH HIS FRIENDS
In a Bleacher Report story, LeBron James said, "I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together. At least one, maybe one or two seasons -- me, Melo, D-Wade, CP -- we can get a year in. I would actually take a pay cut to do that."

It's on ESPN.com now.

Levity
03-23-2016, 02:03 PM
so does he ask CP3 to play off-ball, or does he take that role for himself?

if its the latter, and he really focuses on getting himself into his spots/getting in good position down low, he could be a pretty interesting offensive scorer to watch.

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Most good players in the league are willing to do this kinda stuff. Thats why guys like Dirk and Duncan take pay cuts. Not to be nice. Because they wanna stay on good teams.

Imagine if you were as good as Lebron and stuck always having to carry the Iman Shumperts and Tristan Thompsons of the world.

In all seriousness, anyone who's ever been good at a sport (not most of you) understand how frustrating it is to be on a team that is filled with players below your talent level. Other all time greats didnt have to put up with that shit cause most had stacked teams. Bron hasnt been so lucky.

scuzzy
03-23-2016, 02:04 PM

Knicks get younger

Thats actually a very realistic scenario that may happen this summer

Ca$H
03-23-2016, 02:38 PM
The Knicks will have 58 million in cap space in 2017. Bran and Wade can re-sign for 1 year this summer. CP3 can become a free agent in 2017(player option). CP3- 20 million, Wade- 20 million, and Bran- 18 million.

CP3
Wade
Melo
Bran
Porzingis

:eek:

VengefulAngel
03-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Another click bait fake news.

Dude Lebron actually said this, this is a direct quote from LBJ.

HurricaneKid
03-23-2016, 03:08 PM
The Knicks will have 58 million in cap space in 2017. Bran and Wade can re-sign for 1 year this summer. CP3 can become a free agent in 2017(player option). CP3- 20 million, Wade- 20 million, and Bran- 18 million.

CP3
Wade
Melo
Bran
Porzingis

:eek:

Do you realize that LeBron will be making 45M/yr after next season? As will CP3. Do you really think they will be willing to give up 25m each to play with one another?

guy
03-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Funny thing is Lebron probably thinks that's a championship team and better then what he has now. That team would get destroyed by the Warriors or Spurs worse then the Cavs would now.

Ca$H
03-23-2016, 03:28 PM
Do you realize that LeBron will be making 45M/yr after next season? As will CP3. Do you really think they will be willing to give up 25m each to play with one another?

Bran's Nike contract is at least 500 million so he can sign for the MLE. CP3 can "settle" for 38 million. :oldlol:

GrapeApe
03-23-2016, 03:35 PM
All of them are past their primes, but they're still really good players. I don't think the league would go for it. Maybe when they're in their late 30's. When Lebron returned to Cleveland I was sure he'd retire there, but now I'm starting to think there's at least a possibility that he leaves. If I had to guess I'd still lean toward him staying, but I don't think he's very happy with the organization right now.

VengefulAngel
03-23-2016, 03:38 PM
All of them are past their primes, but they're still really good players. I don't think the league would go for it. Maybe when they're in their late 30's. When Lebron returned to Cleveland I was sure he'd retire there, but now I'm starting to think there's at least a possibility that he leaves. If I had to guess I'd still lean toward him staying, but I don't think he's very happy with the organization right now.

He didn't realise how good he had it with Miami, plus in Miami he actually liked his teammates I sense this Cavs team isn't very close at all.

Levity
03-23-2016, 03:40 PM
I don't think he's very happy with the organization right now.

but why? theyve done everything hes supposedly asked.

choppermagic
03-23-2016, 03:42 PM
Maybe they can do it in China after they retire. Otherwise, why is Lebron raising a ruckus when he should be focused on getting ready for the Playoffs with his CURRENT team?

Man, this guy loves being in the news.

VengefulAngel
03-23-2016, 03:42 PM

We have no idea what goes on behind close doors, it's clear to me there is some tension going on but I have no idea who or what is the problem.

guy
03-23-2016, 03:44 PM

Dude is a fickle ass woman that is never satisfied. He's got 2 all-star level players on his team, he got them to overpay for his boy, they got rid of the coach for him, and his team is contending for a title and is on the top of the East. What else does this guy want? Sure, they're not the best team in the league, but that doesn't really have to do with personnel at this point. There really isn't much of an argument that the Cavs haven't done enough for Lebron. They've set him up as best as you can possible expect from a front office. Now its just all about executing. And that's on Lebron and the roster.

Done_And_Done
03-23-2016, 03:44 PM
And they would still get mopped by the beasts out West.

Nick Young
03-23-2016, 03:46 PM
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/brotherhood/

Per Bleacher Report. I know the source is super unreliable but still....lolzzzzzz of course Lebron would.:roll:
Apart from Alpha Wade, they are all mental midget career losers.

Unless all players are willing to sacrifice their stats and touches and offensive usage-INCLUDING CP3, because CP3 ball doesn't win in the playoffs-that team will suck.

Can the superstar egos handle stepping out of the spotlight? Apart from Wade, I don't think so.

sd3035
03-23-2016, 03:50 PM

He can't accept that he's the loser, not the organization or his teammates

bigkingsfan
03-23-2016, 03:54 PM
Been sacrificing his entire career, nothing new.

SwishSquared
03-23-2016, 03:59 PM
If Wade and LBJ set it up correctly this summer, they can be free agents along with CP3 in 2017. Melo has an opt-out in 2018. I'm guessing one team needs to trade for Melo (with agreement he'll opt out for less $$$ in 2018) and sign the rest as FAs in 2017.

FWIW Melo supposedly received a near $100M lump sum payment when he signed that contract. One thing to consider here...

Not that I think this is likely but I guess NBA news is slow today over @ BR

GrapeApe
03-23-2016, 04:05 PM
We have no idea what goes on behind close doors, it clear to me there is some tension going on but I have no idea who or what is the problem.

Yeah, I don't know any specifics, but the tension and general lack of unity is palpable. Maybe they'll come together and have a great playoff run, but something doesn't feel right. If you read between the lines it does seem pretty clear that Lebron isn't very happy.

Funktion
03-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Melo likes being in the spotlight. No way he leaves NYC. He aint puttin a chip over money unless they all go there.

jrong
03-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Ok, seriously, normal LBJ criticism aside, what is this guy's problem? You already played with Wade. The four of you already played together on Team USA.

The NBA is not a pick-up league. There are city and state fanbases that are enormously invested in at least three of the four staying right where they are (Knicks fans would probably be ok losing Melo).

Good God, Wade has finally basically repaired his reputation after you left (titles not withstanding, Wade's rep took a beating during the big three era). And now you're trying to make this poison to seep into his head.

SwishSquared
03-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I don't know any specifics, but the tension and general lack of unity is palpable. Maybe they'll come together and have a great playoff run, but something doesn't feel right. If you read between the lines it does seem pretty clear that Lebron isn't very happy.I think some of that unhappiness is knowing that he's got a longshot to win another ring as long as GSW and SAS are healthy. Titles are supposed to be hard to win, but it seems the EC team this year will face a beating in the Finals.

guy
03-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Ok, seriously, normal LBJ criticism aside, what is this guy's problem? You already played with Wade. The four of you already played together on Team USA.

The NBA is not a pick-up league. There are city and state fanbases that are enormously invested in at least three of the four staying right where they are (Knicks fans would probably be ok losing Melo).

Good God, Wade has finally basically repaired his reputation after you left (titles not withstanding, Wade's rep took a beating during the big three era). And now you're trying to make this poison to seep into his head.

This is why I find it funny when people say had he been in a better situation ala Magic, Jordan, Duncan, etc. he would've won 5-6 titles too. No he wouldn't have primarily cause of stuff like this. He is not a guy that can stay happy where he is for a long time. He is entitled to a point that he expects everything to be perfect around him. How is this guy this unhappy about where he is when he basically chose where he's been and had a large hand in crafting those rosters for 6 years now?

WayOfWade
03-23-2016, 04:37 PM
I assume he means they come to Cleveland right? I don't see any scenario where he goes elsewhere to play with other players anymore

KungFuJoe
03-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Lebron is the Kanye West of the NBA. He just says and does shit for attention.

He's insecure as ****. He's a great basketball player, but there's just something wrong with him mentally. Probably has to do with his overly spoiled, entitled childhood. You KNOW this guy had every need catered to since he was probably in jr high.

Nick Young
03-23-2016, 04:57 PM

He just wants to play with his friends. The King needs more help!:lol

jrong
03-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Difficult things that has to happen:

1. Bosh retire
2. Trade Winslow for Melo
3. Trade Dragic for CP3 somehow
4. Melo+CP3 restructures contract to a more manageable $16-18m
5. Projected salary cap be around $90m

If all those happen, the Heat would only have McRoberts and Richardson under contract worth ~$6.5m. At this point, it'll almost be a guarantee that the Heat would have all 4 next year in 2017. Almost too impossible though.

CP3 = $18m
Wade = $10m
Lebron = $18m
Melo = $18m
Whiteside = $20m

Richardson = $874k
McRoberts trade or buyout for JJ/Deng = $6m
Amare = $1m
Tyler = $1m

Approx $92.8m and dreaming

And if i'm the Heat, I veto almost every aspect of this. Bosh retiring wouldn't benefit the Heat until 2017, as I understand it, and what he ultimately decides to do is between him, his doctors and the Heat. I'm not trading a 19 year old Winslow, who we have no idea what he's gonna be, for 31 year old Melo who we know exactly what he is.

Ok I would do Dragic for Paul. But, I don't want to give up Deng (unless KD comes) or JJ.

And the big one, speaking as Riley, I DON'T WANT LEBRON. KD is another story. But, assuming that doesn't happen, I'm perfectly comfortable going into next season with the team's basic core intact. To quote Wade, I like this team. In fact, they have a chance to be my favorite Heat team ever, ahead of the '05 team (the only title squad that makes my top 3 is '06).

kamil
03-23-2016, 05:28 PM

Knicks get younger

Nobody should be making any deals with the Cavs. Let them stay losing.

LongLiveTheKing
03-23-2016, 05:35 PM
Why would LeBron say this :lol

miggyme1
03-23-2016, 05:39 PM

Knicks get younger

you know I was gonna dissect this trash but ill keep it simple...trade love for melo........WHAT HAPPENS TO PROZINGIS CONSIDERING HE PLAYS THE SAME POSITION?????????????????????????????:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Gone_Fishin
03-23-2016, 05:45 PM
He's the Larry Brown of players. Except instead of moving to a new project to rebuild, he tries to create the most stacked team possible in a new situation.

Mass Debator
03-23-2016, 05:49 PM
And if i'm the Heat, I veto almost every aspect of this. Bosh retiring wouldn't benefit the Heat until 2017, as I understand it, and what he ultimately decides to do is between him, his doctors and the Heat. I'm not trading a 19 year old Winslow, who we have no idea what he's gonna be, for 31 year old Melo who we know exactly what he is.

Ok I would do Dragic for Paul. But, I don't want to give up Deng (unless KD comes) or JJ.

And the big one, speaking as Riley, I DON'T WANT LEBRON. KD is another story. But, assuming that doesn't happen, I'm perfectly comfortable going into next season with the team's basic core intact. To quote Wade, I like this team. In fact, they have a chance to be my favorite Heat team ever, ahead of the '05 team (the only title squad that makes my top 3 is '06).
Spoken like a true Heat fan. I agree with everything you said especially the Lebron and favorite Heat team ever. Yesterday was the day that I first started missing Bosh when the Pelicans started playing zone. Wade found something out of nothing, but it would've been so much easier with Bosh in the pick-and-roll/pop.

Gone_Fishin
03-23-2016, 05:52 PM

Stop. Your other points are fair to an extent. The bold tho, you are telling me you wouldn't trade Dragic and Deng for Paul (lets say the salaries match as that - not sure)?

coin24
03-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Stop. Your other points are fair to an extent. The bold tho, you are telling me you wouldn't trade Dragic and Deng for Paul (lets say the salaries match as that - not sure)?

Paul is a career choker and loser. Have you seen this guy in the playoffs?:lol

What a surprise bran wants a super team, can't get it done without wade or a super stacked cast:lol

Nick Young
03-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Paul is a choker. He has a long and proud history of underachievement in the playoffs. He once lost by 56 at home to Melo and the Nugs.

CP3 ball doesn't work in the playoffs. The dude's style of play prevents title-winning ball-movement focused offense from happening.

Nanners
03-23-2016, 06:24 PM
No doubt this lineup would have an absurd amount of talent, that said cp3 + wade + lebron + melo is not a very complimentary group of players. They would have poor spacing and no rim protection unless their 5th player was a 3pt shooting shotblocker like Draymond, those type of guys are pretty rare. Also they have 2 primary ball handlers with both CP3 and Lebron on the floor, who runs the offense and what does the other guy do in the meantime? Wade cant shoot 3s which would hurt their spacing and Melo would be reduced to an underutilized and overpriced jump shooter like current Kevin Love. I doubt this team could beat the warriors/spurs anyway.

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 06:25 PM
Anyone who thinks a CP3, Wade, Lebron, Melo, and a decent center + bench wouldn't destroy for at least the next couple years, is crazy.

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 06:26 PM
No doubt this lineup would have an absurd amount of talent, that said cp3 + wade + lebron + melo is not a very complimentary group of players. They would have poor spacing and no rim protector unless their 5th player was a 3pt shooting shotblocker like Draymond, those type of guys are pretty rare. Also they have 2 primary ball handlers with both CP3 and Lebron on the floor, who runs the offense and what does the other guy do in the meantime? Wade cant shoot 3s and Melo would be reduced to an underutilized and overpriced jump shooter like current Kevin Love. I doubt this team could beat the warriors/spurs anyway.

Tbh it would probably be most effective to have Wade handle the ball. That way he can run screens with everyone else and they can space the floor. On defense they would be smothering.

stalkerforlife
03-23-2016, 06:27 PM
Bran has ruined this sport.

This colluding BS is so boring and cowardly.

Top 10 all time my ass.

guy
03-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Anyone who thinks a CP3, Wade, Lebron, Melo, and a decent center + bench wouldn't destroy for at least the next couple years, is crazy.

Do you consider Lebron, Kyrie, and Love "destroying" right now? Cause if you do, then sure. They wouldn't be championship favorites though. No one is saying they wouldn't be an elite team. But they'd clearly have some issues and wouldn't be better then the current Warriors or Spurs.

zbott
03-23-2016, 06:32 PM
Lecollusion .....

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 06:43 PM
Do you consider Lebron, Kyrie, and Love "destroying" right now? Cause if you do, then sure. They wouldn't be championship favorites though. No one is saying they wouldn't be an elite team. But they'd clearly have some issues and wouldn't be better then the current Warriors or Spurs.

:biggums:

CP3 + Wade >>>> Kyrie and JR.

Carmelo giving effort for once > Love

CP3, Wade, Bron, Melo >>> Kyrie, JR Smith, Lebron, Love

Not to mention quality bench players would FLOCK to that team to be part of the run.

Seriously, stop.

Ca$H
03-23-2016, 06:44 PM

They would lose to the dubs with durant.

CP3
Wade
Melo
Bran
?

vs

Curry
Klay
Durant
Draygod
Ezeli

Warriors in 6.

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Bran has ruined this sport.

This colluding BS is so boring and cowardly.

Top 10 all time my ass.

LeThick
LePopular
LeLeader

DONT BE INSECURR, LITTLE BOI.

Akrazotile
03-23-2016, 06:46 PM
They would lose to the dubs with durant.

Possibly. But I was comparing them to teams that exist today.

jimmy77x
03-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Lebron is the Kanye West of the NBA. He just says and does shit for attention.

He's insecure as ****. He's a great basketball player, but there's just something wrong with him mentally. Probably has to do with his overly spoiled, entitled childhood. You KNOW this guy had every need catered to since he was probably in jr high.

Correct. He doesn't know anything besides being a spoiled bitch.

Bandito
03-23-2016, 07:00 PM
Why don't I see meltdown and excuses posts? Where the Retarded23 Family? Are they banned?

Euroleague
03-23-2016, 07:12 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/9anFMaickDsY/200.gif

https://media4.giphy.com/media/QWNhMMaENqTGU/200.gif

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l4KhSYoul5j8i3su4/200.gif

stalkerforlife
03-23-2016, 07:15 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/9anFMaickDsY/200.gif

https://media4.giphy.com/media/QWNhMMaENqTGU/200.gif

https://media0.giphy.com/media/l4KhSYoul5j8i3su4/200.gif

:roll:

knicksman
03-23-2016, 07:25 PM
How weak is our gawd?:lol

PJR
03-23-2016, 07:27 PM
I thought he's fully focused on winning one for "The Land" lmaooooo

This LeBron dude is something else, man.

DonDraper
03-23-2016, 07:28 PM
How weak is our gawd?:lol

rent free :lol

bdreason
03-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Seems like he was talking about at the end of their careers.

knicksman
03-23-2016, 07:50 PM
rent free :lol

2/6 stan is fuming:lol

buddha
03-23-2016, 08:11 PM
I could see LeBron and Melo (bosh trade) going to Miami next year than trying to trade Dragic for Paul

Cocaine80s
03-23-2016, 08:47 PM
I could see this happening in Cleveland
Trade Love for Melo. Kyrie+TT for cp3. Then sign Wade and Durant

Cp3
Wade
Durant
Melo
Lebron

You Cant Ban Me
03-23-2016, 09:07 PM
o what do you know lebron says a couple words and his thread does 3k views in like 2 hours.....the kang!

Cold soul
03-23-2016, 10:07 PM
Lebron needs more help what else is new this entitled child.

Lebronxrings
03-23-2016, 10:16 PM
of course kobe stans would be all over this. :oldlol:

lebron teaming with cp3 and melo is better than kobe teaming with nash, howard, gasol. Now that lakers team was stacked.

Sportal
03-23-2016, 10:30 PM
I just saw this interview after his game with the Bucks today.

He would leave and say "I just wanna play with my friends...".

guy
03-23-2016, 11:09 PM
:biggums:

CP3 + Wade >>>> Kyrie and JR.

Carmelo giving effort for once > Love

CP3, Wade, Bron, Melo >>> Kyrie, JR Smith, Lebron, Love

Not to mention quality bench players would FLOCK to that team to be part of the run.

Seriously, stop.

They aren't getting quality bench players now? Melo isn't giving effort now? The same type of stuff was being said before the current Cavs team played. You can't just stack talent and expect to win. How is that not obvious now? The Warriors would destroy this team and somehow people will still be whining that Lebron doesn't have enough help. :oldlol:

oh the horror
03-23-2016, 11:25 PM
Lebron stans still defending this guy when he stays throwing his fans into quick sand. Just take the L.

The guy is ridiculous. He's talented yes but there's so much baggage with this man. Maybe that's how it is with most greats. I don't know

bobopenguin
03-23-2016, 11:32 PM
so... bosh is not part of brotherhood? lol damn.. poor bosh.

Black and White
03-24-2016, 12:05 AM
Comments like this water down the competitiveness of the sport, its like MJ saying I would at least like to play with Hakeem, Ewing, Stockton at some point in my career, or something like that.

SpaceJam
03-24-2016, 12:34 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeQJOFcUEAEY-QT.jpg

Confirmed.

34-24 Footwork
03-24-2016, 12:40 AM
They aren't getting quality bench players now? Melo isn't giving effort now? The same type of stuff was being said before the current Cavs team played. You can't just stack talent and expect to win. How is that not obvious now? The Warriors would destroy this team and somehow people will still be whining that Lebron doesn't have enough help. :oldlol:

This is exactly what would haopen.