4. Magic Johnson
5. Tim Duncan
6. Bill Russell
7. Larry Bird
8. Shaquille O'Neal
9. Wilt Chamberlain
10. Hakeem Olajuwon

On the outside looking in:
Moses Malone, Oscar Robertson, Julius Erving, Jerry West, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant

DonDraper
03-24-2016, 02:44 PM
:applause: :applause:

Lebronxrings
03-24-2016, 02:47 PM
i don't see any problems with this list. :cheers:

JT123
03-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Looks accurate to me, although if Lebron makes his SIXTH straight Finals this year he leapfrogs Kareem and is undisputed top 2 all time :applause:

stalkerforlife
03-24-2016, 02:55 PM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. LeBron James
4. Magic Johnson
5. Tim Duncan
6. Bill Russell
7. Larry Bird
8. Shaquille O'Neal
9. Wilt Chamberlain
10. Hakeem Olajuwon

On the outside looking in:
Moses Malone, Oscar Robertson, Julius Erving, Jerry West, Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant

You have Chamberlain at 9 and Russel at 6.

Bran is more like Chamberlain than any player in NBA history.

Kobe is more like Russell.

Agenda exposed.

Achilleas
03-24-2016, 02:55 PM
all wrote from the same pc :confusedshrug:

Cold soul
03-24-2016, 02:56 PM

Same wifi and basement.

Nilocon165
no

riseagainst

:lol

Nigguh doesn't even try to hide the fact that they are all alts. Replied all one after the other.

:roll:

DonDraper
03-24-2016, 02:57 PM

Nigguh doesn't even try to hide the fact that they are all alts. Replied all within seconds of each other.

Looks like you got kicked out of the LeBron Fam :roll: :roll:

Velocirap31
03-24-2016, 02:57 PM
A greater priority towards winning needs to be considered. Kobe needs to be in the list and I don't like Kobe.

Dr Hawk
03-24-2016, 02:58 PM
What the hell is Olajuwon doing so low

riseagainst
03-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Looks like you got kicked out of the LeBron Fam :roll: :roll:

Nay. I'm still in the Lebron fam, just not in the Lebrontard fam, which you are in.

KobeMagic
03-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Nay. I'm still in the Lebron fam, just not in the Lebrontard fam, which you are in.

slayed.

JT123
03-24-2016, 03:01 PM
A greater priority towards winning needs to be considered. Kobe needs to be in the list and I don't like Kobe.
So Robert Horry should be on the list as well? :confusedshrug:

riseagainst
03-24-2016, 03:02 PM
Well Lebron's #3 on this list, might as well put Robert Horry on #2.

:confusedshrug:

Velocirap31
03-24-2016, 03:03 PM
So Robert Horry should be on the list as well? :confusedshrug:

You know what I mean. :rolleyes:

Fudge
03-24-2016, 03:04 PM
Kobe is on the outside looking in. Stop.

He doesn't deserve to be on this list. The credibility will be lost.

JT123
03-24-2016, 03:09 PM
You know what I mean. :rolleyes:
Other than his biggest fan boys, no one will ever take those 3 Shaq rings seriously. Literally ANY all star shooting guard would have 3 peated with prime Shaq.
He won a couple without Shaq, but considering that he only got those rings thanks to the 09 Garnett injury and the 10 Perkins injury neither of those rings is very impressive either.

Nash
03-24-2016, 03:45 PM
So Kobe is #12 while being relevant and his fans are active. Wonder what he'll be in 10 years time when people forget about him. :lol

Keno
03-24-2016, 04:00 PM
Looks accurate to me, although if Lebron makes his SIXTH straight Finals this year he leapfrogs Kareem and is undisputed top 2 all time :applause:

this. :applause:

Showtime2001
03-24-2016, 04:00 PM

Credibility was already lost when you added LeBron.

Lebronxrings
03-24-2016, 04:32 PM
must be a huge dose of reality for the kobe stans seeing that no one except them puts kobe in the top 10. :lol

Mr. Jabbar
03-24-2016, 04:34 PM

InsanityKills
03-24-2016, 05:12 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/10nezwh.jpg

Inferno
03-24-2016, 05:15 PM
So Kobe is #12 while being relevant and his fans are active. Wonder what he'll be in 10 years time when people forget about him. :lol

come on breh, you know people won't forget anout kobe :oldlol:

guy
03-24-2016, 05:51 PM

True, cause just making the finals is basically winning the championship in today's world. Actually winning the title is about as relevant as an all-star game appearance. :rolleyes:

raprap
03-24-2016, 07:13 PM
They salty now! Haha!

Fudge
03-24-2016, 08:14 PM
bump

DonDraper
03-24-2016, 08:26 PM
Solid List.

GrapeApe
03-24-2016, 09:04 PM
The top 4 are Jordan, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt. Not necessarily in that order, but those are the big 4. They are the 4 players that have an argument for GOAT. Russell is the greatest winner, Wilt the most statistically dominant, Kareem has the best overall basketball career and most MVP's, and Jordan has the best combination of everything. There's some variability in their order, but they are the general consensus top 4.

After that it gets a bit more murky. I have Magic at 5, followed by Duncan, Bird, and Shaq. I have 9-13 pretty interchangeable between Kobe, Lebron, Hakeem, Moses, and Big-O.

ClipperRevival
03-25-2016, 01:03 AM
The top 4 are Jordan, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt. Not necessarily in that order, but those are the big 4. They are the 4 players that have an argument for GOAT. Russell is the greatest winner, Wilt the most statistically dominant, Kareem has the best overall basketball career and most MVP's, and Jordan has the best combination of everything. There's some variability in their order, but they are the general consensus top 4.

After that it gets a bit more murky. I have Magic at 5, followed by Duncan, Bird, and Shaq. I have 9-13 pretty interchangeable between Kobe, Lebron, Hakeem, Moses, and Big-O.

Agreed that those 4 are in the Mount Rushmore but Wilt has ZERO case for GOAT. Not after his historical eggs and going 2/6. MJ has 6, Russ 11 and KAJ 6. 2/6 doesn't cut it in the best EVER list. He should be happy a lot of people do have him top 4.

feyki
03-25-2016, 08:00 AM

I agree .

LAZERUSS
03-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Agreed that those 4 are in the Mount Rushmore but Wilt has ZERO case for GOAT. Not after his historical eggs and going 2/6. MJ has 6, Russ 11 and KAJ 6. 2/6 doesn't cut it in the best EVER list. He should be happy a lot of people do have him top 4.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

MJ has ZERO case for GOAT. Why?

He played on FIVE LOSING teams.

He was SWEPT in the FIRST ROUND TWO YEARS in a row.

Wet 1-9 in his first ten playoff games, and was ordinary in that one lone win. In a series in which he was badly outplayed by his opposing guard.

He put up a clinching playoff game loss of 9-35 from the floor.

He QUIT on his team in a pivotal game five of a winnable series, with the result being a playoff series loss.

And he couldn't take a roster that went 55-27 without him, as far as they went the year before without him.

Finally...he basically needed Pippen to even be a winner.

That is NOT the resume of a GOAT.

KAJ?

In his first ten prime seasons...

ONE ring, and only TWO Finals.

Was outplayed by an old Wilt in two straight playoff series.

In his four seasons in the Wilt-era...Chamberlain had considerably more team success.

Was reduced to a worthless shot-jacker by a fading Thurmond in two straight playoff series, including taking his 60-22 team down in flames in the first round against Nate's 47-35 Warriors. BTW, Chamberlain's 60-22 Lakers slaughtered that same Warrior team in the very next round.

Missed the playoffs two straight seasons smack in the middle of his prime.

Was brutalized by Moses in their two playoff series H2H's, including losing to Malone's 40-42 team in the first round of one of them.

Hell, he WON a ring in a disgraceful Finals in which he averaged 13 ppg, 4 rpg, and shot .414...including a game seven performance of 29 minutes, 4 points, 3 rebounds, 5 PFs, and on 2-7 shooting.

Finally, take MAGIC away...and KAJ would have retired in the mid-80's broke, and with one ring.

Certainly NOT the resume of a GOAT.

Russell?

Was either outplayed, or downright CRUSHED by Wilt in ALL EIGHT playoff series H2H's.

Was dramatically outscored, outrebounded, and outshot by Wilt in EVERY series H2H...AND, was outscored by Chamberlain in 132 of their 143 career H2H's; outrebounded by Wilt in 92 of them; and was outshot overall by a .495 to .382 margin.

When Wilt had a roster the EQUAL of Russell's, that was HEALTHY, he and his Sixers ANNIHILATED Russell's eight-time defending champs. In fact, they were a mere four points away in game four, of a SWEEP. In a series in which Chamberlain just castrated Russell.

Finally...in their ten seasons in the league together, Wilt held a 7-2 margin in First-Team All-NBA selections.

So, Russell's resume is also reduced down to pure shit levels.

BTW, what is your definition of a "historical egg?" Playing every minute of a seven game series, all with multiple injuries, and in which Russell claimed that a "lessor man would not have played" (in other ords...NO ONE else would have played under same circumstances...and did so with a 22-25-7 series? maybe you can give us your list GOATS who have put up a 22-25-7 playoff series...all noticeably limping BTW.

Or, losing a game seven in the Finals by two points, in a game in which he wiped the floor with a hiding Russell?

Or putting up a seven game Finals of 23-24 .625 FG%...all four months removed from major knee surgery? With a game seven of 21-24 10-16 from the floor (and destroying the FMVP in the same game)?

As for GOATs...maybe you can us all here a list of "GOATs" who averaged 50 ppg in a season. Or 27 rpg in a season. Or had multiple seasons of 30-20. Or had a .727 FG% season. Or another "GOAT" who holds literally...HUNDREDs (if not THOUSANDS) of NBA records. Or so thoroughly dominated his peers as much as Chamberlain did his.

Next...

Gileraracer
03-25-2016, 12:15 PM
According to Lazeruss either Mr. Choking himself Wilt or his legitimate successor Le2/6 is GOAT :roll:

LAZERUSS
03-25-2016, 02:02 PM
According to Lazeruss either Mr. Choking himself Wilt or his legitimate successor Le2/6 is GOAT :roll:

TEAM GAME!

But maybe you can tell us all here why Jordan didn't win a ring in NINE of his 15 seasons? Or Kareem in 14 of his (and needed Magic to carry him to FIVE)? Or Hakeem couldn't get past the first round in HALF of his post-season career? Or Bird "only" winning three, with HOF-leaden teams EVERY season?

How come?

3ball
03-25-2016, 03:26 PM
Swept in playoffs 2 years in a row and 1-9 in his first ten playoff games

Jordan MAKING the playoffs with no all-star teammates

>

Lebron MISSING the playoffs for 2 straight seasons WITH an all-star teammate, and then losing as the favorite repeatedly (2009-2011 playoffs), before finally colluding and wining 2 rings (with the help of miracle rayray).

Otoh, Jordan never lost to any team he was favored to beat - he never lost a single playoff series when he had home court, never colluded, and never needed a miracle shot for his legacy.

He put up a clinching playoff game loss of 9-35 from the floor.

Who cares - Jordan had FAR less bad games than any player in history.

He only scored less than 20 points 6 times in 179 playoff games, and NEVER in the Finals.

That is WORLDS better than every player in history.

That is NOT the resume of a GOAT.

It is the GOAT resume because every other player has MORE bad things on their resume than what you listed for Jordan.

And overall, MJ is the all-time leader in PPG, all-defensive first teams, PER, win shares, and FMVP's.

He's also the leader in championship frequency in the modern era - no one can top MJ's 6/15 frequency (40%)

And he couldn't take a roster that went 55-27 without him, as far as they went the year before without him.

He 3-peated, then retired, then came back and 3-peated again - that's one of the greatest feats ever in sports, maybe the greatest.. Utterly ridiculous tbh.

Btw, the Bulls' DRtg in 1994 (6th) wasn't any better relative to the league than the first 3-peat (7th, 4th, 7th).. Accordingly, the massive decline from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd Round team was due entirely to the absence of MJ's goat offense (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12082990&postcount=185), which caused their ORtg to crater from #1 all-time (during the 3-peat) to 14th in the league in 1994.

he basically needed Pippen to even be a winner.

This is every Bulls player that played more than 10 mpg in 1993 (excluding MJ):

.....................PPG.......MPG

Pippen............18.6...... 38.6
Grant.............13.2....... 35.6
Armstrong.......12.3.......30.4
Cartwright........5.6....... 19.9
S Williams........5.9........19.3
Paxson............ 4.2........17.5
R McCray......... 3.5........15.9
S King............. 5.4....... 13.9
W Perdue......... 4.7........13.9
T Tucker.......... 5.2........13.2
D Walker......... 2.6........13.1

The #4 thru #12 guys all average less than 20 minutes and 6 ppg - there wasn't a single team in the league where the #4 thru #12 players are anywhere NEAR this bad.

The 1993 supporting cast only had 3 guys (Pippen/Grant/Armstrong) that played more than 20 mpg and averaged more than 6 ppg.

Btw, the Bulls' DRtg in 1994 (6th) wasn't any better relative to the league than the first 3-peat (7th, 4th, 7th).. Accordingly, the massive decline from 3-peat dynasty to 2nd Round team was due entirely to the absence of MJ's goat offense (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12082990&postcount=185), which caused their ORtg to crater from #1 all-time (during the 3-peat) to 14th in the league in 1994.

Funktion
03-25-2016, 03:58 PM