PDA

View Full Version : My very brief review of Batman vs Superman (no spoilers)

Doomsday Dallas
03-26-2016, 04:13 AM
I really don't understand movie critics these days.

There is almost nothing to dislike about this movie... very very minor problems.

I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish.

in fact, will probably be seeing it again

Some of the best Special Effects I've seen in awhile...

guess I'm in the minority once again...

IMDB 7.6 (and going down)
RT 30%

should be:

IMDB 8.8
RT 90%

I was probably wrong about X-Men being better than this. But we will see.
Not sure how Civil War will hold up as well...

I'm shocked at how good this movie was tonight. It's Star Wars good... on that level... and somehow the critics completely disagree.

Absolutely needs to be seen in 3D

Draz
03-26-2016, 04:17 AM
I gave it a 8.8/10

It felt rushed, needed better editing, great movie and the plots were better than expected.

nightprowler10
03-26-2016, 04:18 AM
I give it 7/10.

Here are my thoughts with spoilers.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12261963&postcount=491

Doomsday Dallas
03-26-2016, 04:23 AM
Some of those scenes were absolutely amazing... and they are spread out well through the entire film...

Felt like the movie had an excellent pace... Some of the writing (very little) was piss poor, but it doesn't ruin the movie at all.

And it was DARK !!!! I thought it had a very different feel from what I excepted.

Draz
03-26-2016, 04:23 AM
X-men blows every movie. Why anyone would think that's a front runner is beyond me. They need to quit that shit and stop making remakes. Don't even recall the last x-men I properly watched. They murdered that.

BvS > AOA

Doomsday Dallas
03-26-2016, 04:26 AM
http://blog.screenweek.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-poster-superman-copertina.jpg

Believe the hype.... Very Good Movie.

nightprowler10
03-26-2016, 04:26 AM
Some of the X-men movies were pretty strong. The original and Days of the Future Past were great.

Doomsday Dallas
03-26-2016, 04:31 AM
I give it 7/10.

Here are my thoughts with spoilers.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12261963&postcount=491

:oldlol:

Yes... Wonder Woman has a very nice smile

SexSymbol
03-26-2016, 06:07 AM
10/10.

To4
03-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Just watched it. Epic movie.. Only gripe is Eisenber aka LeX Luthor.

The way he acts is like a bit of the joker? I dunno.. on how crazy he is and a bit bipolar? Just my 2 cents.

And its like so cramped into one movie. Where Wonder woman just pops out outta nowhere then a quick preview of Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman

Cangri
03-26-2016, 09:51 AM
One of the major gripes I have about this movie, is that the Batman vs Superman fight wasn't even that good and was short. The even shorter Wonderwoman fight scenes were even better imo.
And the way that Batman somehow changed his opinion on killing Superman seemed forced, come to think of it a lot of things on this movie seemed forced, like wtf Lex wanted to kill Superman in the first place.

red1
03-26-2016, 10:07 AM
Movie was awesome. I don't know what these critics were talking about. Must have wanted cheesy humour injected into every scene. Not everything has to be a marvel movie.

Doomsday Dallas
03-26-2016, 07:54 PM
Movie was awesome. I don't know what these critics were talking about.

Shit,... I've been thinking about how epic that movie was all day.

All day...

Definitely seeing it again... probably a third time too whenever I'm bored and the theaters
are a little less crowded.

$hit was insane... Same feeling I got when I watched the Matrix first time.

It actually ranks with some of the great theatrical experiences I've had throughout my life.

T2, Die Hard, Indiana Jones, Star Wars (All of them), Matrix,
Way better than Lord of the Rings, Avatar,
Dark Knight 1&2, any Marvel movie, Jurassic Park,

Bottom Line... It's a bad@ss movie... I think people just don't like Zack Snyder.

It's as if they look at him as an Over-The-Top Michael Bay or something... with
too much CGI.

But no.... Snyder makes this film work... unlike some of his past films
(which are still watchable based on his artistic style)

I'd say Batman Vs. Superman is everything Man of Steel hoped to be.
A simple analogy - basically it's the Terminator2 to the original Terminator
in terms of epicness.

The only reason I'm writing this is because it blows my
mind that this got such poor reviews.

I mean, it felt completely original... The ending was Greatness...
All the things people are complaining about can easily be overlooked.

Are we as movie goers becoming spoiled to the point
where we can't enjoy an epic showdown between Batman and Superman?
And please don't compare this to Transformers... Transformers is like
Little League vs Pros.... Don't even go down that path.

....And that fight (B vs. S) wasn't even the best part of the movie. Holy $hit what's wrong
with some of you people? Must be an age thing....

Looking forward to Suicide Squad now way more than Civil War & X-Men.
DC universe could get interesting.

Oh and let me say this about Doomsday.... That one scene of him in the trailer
is probably the only bad CGI of him in the entire film... His character was done well
to say the least.

DeuceWallaces
03-26-2016, 08:11 PM
The 5 of you are alone on an island together. At least you don't feel like you wasted your money.

Nilocon165
03-26-2016, 08:41 PM
10/10.
You know it's not a 10/10 movie.

Doomsday Dallas
03-26-2016, 09:02 PM
You know it's not a 10/10 movie.

Shit... 9/10 from me.

9.6/10

Pulp Fiction 10/10 - the only 10/10 movie ever produced.
Matrix 1 & 2 9.9
T2, Die Hard 9.8
Dark Knight, Bat Vs SM 9.6

I really can't think of a Marvel movie that is better than this.

Nilocon165
03-26-2016, 09:05 PM
I'm a huge batman fan so when the first comicon trailer came out I was hyped. Then the second trailer came out, and my mood immediately changed. I saw the movie yesterday, and I tried to keep my expectations low. I honestly didn't like it. It just felt weird. I liked affleck as batman though, despite him killing.

Doomsday Dallas
03-26-2016, 09:13 PM
I'm a huge batman fan so when the first comicon trailer came out I was hyped. Then the second trailer came out, and my mood immediately changed. I saw the movie yesterday, and I tried to keep my expectations low. I honestly didn't like it. It just felt weird. I liked affleck as batman though, despite him killing.

To each there own...

But the first trailer... Was the best representation of the film IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]

Nilocon165
03-26-2016, 09:17 PM
To each there own...

But the first trailer... Was the best representation of the film IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Teaser Trailer [HD]
The first teaser was cool, but I've watched and read batman material all my life and I can never picture him saying that line.

Im Still Ballin
03-26-2016, 10:29 PM
People are RAVING about this one

Nilocon165
03-26-2016, 11:59 PM
People are RAVING about this one
Even the fanboys don't think it's that good:facepalm

9erempiree
03-27-2016, 12:01 AM
:no:
I really don't understand movie critics these days.

There is almost nothing to dislike about this movie... very very minor problems.

I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish.

in fact, will probably be seeing it again

Some of the best Special Effects I've seen in awhile...

guess I'm in the minority once again...

IMDB 7.6 (and going down)
RT 30%

should be:

IMDB 8.8
RT 90%

I was probably wrong about X-Men being better than this. But we will see.
Not sure how Civil War will hold up as well...

I'm shocked at how good this movie was tonight. It's Star Wars good... on that level... and somehow the critics completely disagree.

Absolutely needs to be seen in 3D

I'm hearing its goat superhero movie

Im Still Ballin
03-27-2016, 01:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhWg7AQLI_8

Goddamn that trailer is so good. I don't even care bro. I'M HYPE. I KNOW i'll enjoy this movie.

Doomsday Dallas
03-27-2016, 01:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhWg7AQLI_8

Goddamn that trailer is so good. I don't even care bro. I'M HYPE. I KNOW i'll enjoy this movie.

Saw it a second time last night with my youngest son...

Yea... it still kicks @ss...

Wonder Woman = :bowdown:

Doomsday = :bowdown:

Bat vs. SM = :bowdown:

SexSymbol
03-27-2016, 01:25 PM
One of the major gripes I have about this movie, is that the Batman vs Superman fight wasn't even that good and was short. The even shorter Wonderwoman fight scenes were even better imo.
And the way that Batman somehow changed his opinion on killing Superman seemed forced, come to think of it a lot of things on this movie seemed forced, like wtf Lex wanted to kill Superman in the first place.
it didn't seem forced, he saw that superman really only cared about other people completely not giving a fock aboout his life even in SPOILER what could've been his last moment.

Doomsday Dallas
03-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Whoa^ try to edit that...

No spoilers in this thread.

KobesFinger
03-27-2016, 01:28 PM
Saw it yesterday I'm massively disappointed. I'll try not to give away any spoilers, but I just felt the reason they decided to team up instead of fight was fcking awful. And they made Batman kill dozens of people.

Im Still Ballin
03-27-2016, 01:31 PM
So I'm hearing it is rough around the edges with regards to the narrative

But Goddamn Zack Snyder knows how to create an atmosphere, quality action and energy

IDK about you guys but i'll take a bold and epic comic book film like this over the marvel formula of one liners, safe and vanilla heroes who are all the same

embersyc
03-27-2016, 01:32 PM
I enjoyed the movie, but spoilers:

I didn't like how Superman was only fighting Batman because Lex made him. I wanted there to be a genuine gripe between these two. It existed on Batman's side, but Superman wasn't all in on the fight and it weakened the movie. To make matters worse, the title fight is like 5-10 minutes of a 2.5 hour movie. The movie spends far too much time with the senator who ends up not really being important in the overall scheme of things.

Doomsday Dallas
03-27-2016, 01:33 PM
And they made Batman kill dozens of people.

America has the Death Penalty... It's Justice.

Sometimes killing somebody is justice... it is in our system.

I didn't read DC comics growing up (only Marvel)...

So I guess I can see why fans of the comics are disappointed... Shouldn't be though.

It's a different world now... Aliens have visited the planet.

Batman doesn't have time to be politically correct anymore... and follow rules.

SexSymbol
03-27-2016, 04:35 PM
I enjoyed the movie, but spoilers:

I didn't like how Superman was only fighting Batman because Lex made him. I wanted there to be a genuine gripe between these two. It existed on Batman's side, but Superman wasn't all in on the fight and it weakened the movie. To make matters worse, the title fight is like 5-10 minutes of a 2.5 hour movie. The movie spends far too much time with the senator who ends up not really being important in the overall scheme of things.
The length of the fight wasn't that big of a deal in the dark knight returns, which is essentially a 3 hour movie put together.
And Superman did want to take care of batman, but not in a kill kind of way

SexSymbol
03-27-2016, 04:37 PM
America has the Death Penalty... It's Justice.

Sometimes killing somebody is justice... it is in our system.

I didn't read DC comics growing up (only Marvel)...

So I guess I can see why fans of the comics are disappointed... Shouldn't be though.

It's a different world now... Aliens have visited the planet.

Batman doesn't have time to be politically correct anymore... and follow rules.
He killed comfortably in dark knight returns and has in many other comic reincarnations.
Actually, the very first batman was a killing machine. At least this movie's batman never directly tried to kill someone, always through other ways, whether smashing a car, or setting someone on fire indirectly. There was never a shot in the head or stab to the heart kind of moment from him. He still has his morals, but sees the reality of situations around him

TYCRO
03-27-2016, 06:17 PM
Can't say I was a big fan of the movie.

Bandito
03-27-2016, 07:01 PM
I want to see that Blu Ray version of R rated BvS so bad now. It probably has Batman kicking baddies asses a la Frank Castle all night long.

nightprowler10
03-27-2016, 09:38 PM
I want to see that Blu Ray version of R rated BvS so bad now. It probably has Batman kicking baddies asses a la Frank Castle all night long.
Have they confirmed it's R rated?

I really hope the quality improves significantly, kind of like Kingdom of Heaven.

Meticode
03-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Just watched it. Epic movie.. Only gripe is Eisenber aka LeX Luthor.

The way he acts is like a bit of the joker? I dunno.. on how crazy he is and a bit bipolar? Just my 2 cents.

And its like so cramped into one movie. Where Wonder woman just pops out outta nowhere then a quick preview of Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman
I haven't watched it yet, but this was my gripe about the trailers. They could've done so much better. I know they wanted to go a different way with Luther, but damn, they still could've done much better.

Meticode
03-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Have they confirmed it's R rated?

I really hope the quality improves significantly, kind of like Kingdom of Heaven.
Yes, it's been confirmed they will be released a R-rated Director's Cut version on Bluray.

Smook A.
03-27-2016, 09:44 PM
Only thing I disliked about the movie was Lex Luthor. He was nothing like the real Lex at all. Felt like I was watching the Joker without his makeup and outfit on

Nick Young
03-27-2016, 09:47 PM
I haven't watched it yet, but this was my gripe about the trailers. They could've done so much better. I know they wanted to go a different way with Luther, but damn, they still could've done much better.
Kevin Spacey was the best Lex Luther.

iamgine
03-27-2016, 10:12 PM
I'd give it 4/10 and I feel that's being generous because of the nice visuals.

Cap'n Obvious
03-27-2016, 10:33 PM
Fan reactions seem to be more positive in general compared to critic reactions.