PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to Rick Carlisle?

masonanddixon
03-26-2016, 05:00 AM
He's running some atrocious lineups lately, and I can't stand his dependency on Wes Matthews, who is utter trash. I'd rather have the rookie Justin Anderson over him.

Cocaine80s
03-26-2016, 05:08 AM
Black coaches win again

masonanddixon
03-26-2016, 05:12 AM
Black coaches win again

Which ones?

Im Still Ballin
03-26-2016, 05:25 AM
He's still the same guy

Spurs5Rings2014
03-26-2016, 05:35 AM
Still the same man that outcoached "the GOAT" coach in a 7 game series. Bad coaching/no help, doe.

:facepalm

masonanddixon
03-26-2016, 06:18 AM
Still the same man that outcoached "the GOAT" coach in a 7 game series. Bad coaching/no help, doe.

:facepalm

What are you talking about, young man?

StephHamann
03-26-2016, 07:02 AM
You are by far the worst poster on this site, and that says a lot.

masonanddixon
03-26-2016, 09:32 AM
You are by far the worst poster on this site, and that says a lot.

Your mom loves me though.

Spurs5Rings2014
03-26-2016, 10:30 AM
What are you talking about, young man?

It's objectively widely accepted as fact that Rick "THICK" Carlisle outcoached "the goat" coach Greg Popovich in the first round of the 2014 NBA play offs yet Dirk stans like yourself would have us believe he's a Scott Brooks level coach. Don't even get me started on Don "Juan" Nelson or Avery "Big" Johnson.

:coleman:

masonanddixon
03-26-2016, 10:35 AM
It's objectively widely accepted as fact that Rick "THICK" Carlisle outcoached "the goat" coach Greg Popovich in the first round of the 2014 NBA play offs yet Dirk stans like yourself would have us believe he's a Scott Brooks level coach. Don't even get me started on Don "Juan" Nelson or Avery "Big" Johnson.

I love Rick, man. I'm just saying that he's running some retarded lineups right now.

Old Man River
03-26-2016, 11:30 AM
I love Rick, man. I'm just saying that he's running some retarded lineups right now.
what is their ideal lineup

DMAVS41
03-26-2016, 12:01 PM

Who claims Rick is a bad coach?

Also...are you claiming that Avery Johnson was a good coach?

Right now...Rick has nothing to work with. This is a terrible Mavs team and he's done a solid job this year getting us to this point. But, he's not perfect either...he micro manages the games too much and him missing on Crowder really killed the franchise and will continue to for some time. This was a really egregious mistake. He also seems to struggle with going defense/offense late in games. There were a number of times recently when he's put David Lee in for a defensive possession late in a game. Only some semblance of ignorance would cause a coach to do that.

Overall though? Rick is an amazing head coach and we were lucky to get him.

Terahite
03-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Carlisle is easily a Top 10 GOAT coach. His team is trash though that's why he deserves COTY if Mavs get 8th seed.

keep-itreal
03-26-2016, 12:29 PM
RIck Carlisle should leave that franchise.

He has to coach shitty teams every season