PDA

View Full Version : Whiteside in march: 30.1mpg 17.7ppg 12.8rpg 3.2bpg .607%fg .800%ft (on 6 attempts)

Smoke117
03-26-2016, 11:47 AM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Human Error
03-26-2016, 11:50 AM
But according to Spo, not good enough to start over Amare yet. :rockon:

Smoke117
03-26-2016, 11:53 AM

Who cares? They are forming a devastating Center tandem...Amare averages 7.2ppg 4.2rpg 1.3bpg on .672%fg in 16mpg in march.

Smoke117
03-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Wiltside has an absurd (league leading) 94 drating to the Heats 104.1...that is some Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson type shit.

imdaman99
03-26-2016, 12:28 PM
Too bad he is leaving to get a max somewhere, you only got him for another month :cheers:

Smoke117
03-26-2016, 12:46 PM
Too bad he is leaving to get a max somewhere, you only got him for another month :cheers:

Never going to happen...the godfather will see to that.

PJR
03-26-2016, 01:53 PM

Do you retards realize the Heat will have 40 million in cap space themselves? :oldlol:

Whiteside, Winslow, J-Rich, and Tyler Johnson Quite the young core to build around.

senelcoolidge
03-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Bring back the traditional centers. He's the best traditional center in the league. Making Wilt, Kareem, Ewing, David Robinson, Hakeem, and the many greats before proud.

Ca$H
03-26-2016, 03:55 PM
Damn if Bosh was healthy the Heat would win the East.

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 03:59 PM
Whiteside's emergence has been historic, I mean movie type stuff. This kind of thing just never happens, especially in the NBA. The rebounding and shot blocking is one thing, but his offensive development has been staggering. He still gets a lot of scores from lob dunks, but he has great hands, great touch around the rim, a nice array of hooks, improving footwork, and he can knock down 15 footers. He's becoming a real offensive threat.

Jawan Howard and Zo deserve a lot of credit for his development, Howard in particular. Maybe Jawan Howard is a "big man whisperer" lol. Spo and Riley deserve credit as well, and Spo is the one who worked with him to improve his FT shooting. I don't think Whiteside develops the same way for any other organization. The Heat will be locking him up this summer. He's a legit 20/15, 4 bpg, 60%+ type player and age-wise he's just entering his prime.

AirTupac
03-26-2016, 04:45 PM
D'Angelo
Clarkson
Ingram
Randle
Whiteside

lets go

WayOfWade
03-26-2016, 04:48 PM
That is insane, and I like it a lot that he comes off the bench. He literally gets the same minutes he got before, yet he makes the bench stronger and Amare is happy (and therefore playing better) due to his starting gig. Even better is that Whiteside has taken it in stride and has only worked harder to get better. And his FT's :bowdown:

senelcoolidge
03-26-2016, 04:57 PM
Whiteside's emergence has been historic, I mean movie type stuff. This kind of thing just never happens, especially in the NBA. The rebounding and shot blocking is one thing, but his offensive development has been staggering. He still gets a lot of scores from lob dunks, but he has great hands, great touch around the rim, a nice array of hooks, improving footwork, and he can knock down 15 footers. He's becoming a real offensive threat.

Jawan Howard and Zo deserve a lot of credit for his development, Howard in particular. Maybe Jawan Howard is a "big man whisperer" lol. Spo and Riley deserve credit as well, and Spo is the one who worked with him to improve his FT shooting. I don't think Whiteside develops the same way for any other organization. The Heat will be locking him up this summer. He's a legit 20/15, 4 bpg, 60%+ type player and age-wise he's just entering his prime.

Yeah, it's amazing how much he's improved. I remember him with the Kings, who never gave him playing time. He came into the league raw, having only played one year at Marshall.
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/hassan-whiteside
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak4Noyc8YXM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD5U3eQY-k0
You can see that he's put in work and credit to the Heat staff like you said. He was drafted the same year as Cousins, and I may get blasted but I'd rather have a Whiteside than a Cousins on my team.

Meticode
03-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Weak AF.

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 05:43 PM
Weak AF.

Explain?

Meticode
03-26-2016, 05:48 PM
Explain?
Drummond put up 18/17 1.5blocks and 1.9 steals per game for the whole month of December. It's not like we haven't seen similar numbers before. And that's with Drummond being a shitty ass freethrow shooter.

aj1987
03-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Amir's might be starting, but he's not getting starter minutes. Not even close. GOATside has been really good the past couple of weeks, but I want to see more defensive effort from him.

Nah. TT got an absurd contract. Dude is worth like half of it. Whiteside is going to get something like 90/5, unless he signs a one year deal to wait for the salary cap explosion.

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 06:24 PM
Drummond put up 18/17 1.5blocks and 1.9 steals per game for the whole month of December. It's not like we haven't seen similar numbers before. And that's with Drummond being a shitty ass freethrow shooter.

So since another player had an impressive stretch that make's Whiteside's stretch less impressive? I'm not sure I agree with that logic. Drummond was also playing more minutes and wasn't nearly the same rim protector.

There's no denying that Whiteside is playing very well right now and is establishing himself as one of the best centers in the league. For the season he's averaging 14/12 on 61% with 4 bpg and a 25.5 PER in 29 mpg. That is outstanding production for a guy who's basically a 2nd year player.

Akhenaten
03-26-2016, 06:27 PM
I'm sorry I want my best players starting and finishing the games. the first 6 mins of an nba game maybe the most important, most often how you start is how you finish.

Amare at this point has no business going against other teams number 1's...NONE. It's fine When youre playing the Magic's and Lakers of the world cause they suck, against elite squads though you need to put your best foot forward.

Really hope they dont keep that rotation in the playoffs, Johnson also needs to not start, particularly against teams like Spurs, Cavs, Warriors, OKC the guy cant guard ANYBODY...CINDErBLOCK FEET.

Wade's Rings
03-26-2016, 06:44 PM
I said he was going to be a great player when we signed him and it looks like I was right.

Jacks3
03-26-2016, 07:02 PM
The best player on the Heat by far. :applause:

SwishSquared
03-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Whiteside has really turned things around from earlier this year. Big ups for him continuing to work hard and improve his game on both ends. If he keeps his character issues resolved, he'll be a nice piece for the next few years.

Crimsonrain777
03-26-2016, 07:08 PM
Weak AF.

no one said anything about Christian Thompson:facepalm

GrapeApe
03-26-2016, 07:13 PM

Possibly, although I think Wade and Dragic are still the most important players and the key to the Heat making a deep playoff run. We'll have to see how Whiteside peforms in the playoffs. My one fear is that teams will go small and try to pull him away from the rim. He's struggled a bit with smaller players. These playoffs should tell us a lot about where he is as a potential franchise centerpiece. Hopefully he steps up to the challenge.

Jasper
03-26-2016, 07:41 PM
Guys a free throw machine :pimp:

aj1987
03-27-2016, 07:45 AM
:cheers: :cheers:

Just like Pau on the '09 and '10 Lakers.

Kiddlovesnets
03-27-2016, 02:10 PM
I thought he was averaging 30ppg and 17rpg before realizing it was 30mpg and 17ppg.
:eek:

G-Funk
03-27-2016, 02:28 PM
6 attempts? Sounds more like put backs.

Dresta
03-27-2016, 02:35 PM
6 attempts? Sounds more like put backs.
FTA attempts fool.

SchrOEder
03-27-2016, 02:54 PM
interesting situation for the heat:

you have long term contracts for bosh and dragic

but everything else has to be evaluate in the offseason.
deng, wade, whiteside

wade will probably resign for like 12mio i guess.

but what about deng and whiteside?

Smoke117
03-27-2016, 04:03 PM
interesting situation for the heat:

you have long term contracts for bosh and dragic

but everything else has to be evaluate in the offseason.
deng, wade, whiteside

wade will probably resign for like 12mio i guess.

but what about deng and whiteside?

Why would we care about a Luol Deng on the wrong side of 30 when we have Winslow and Richardson?

SchrOEder
03-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Why would we care about a Luol Deng on the wrong side of 30 when we have Winslow and Richardson?

dont you think he had an imortant role? i didnt watch many heat games, so its a serious question.

at least a team consisting of

bosh
wade
whiteside
deng
johnson
winslow

looks better than the cavs..... not far away from them on offense (if anything) and consierably better on defense

anyways, the east playoffs will be so fun to watch. west is maybe better overall, but round1 will be so boring. whereas the east ist just unpredictable.

hawks are being underrated by everyone

GrapeApe
03-27-2016, 04:41 PM
dont you think he had an imortant role? i didnt watch many heat games, so its a serious question.

at least a team consisting of

bosh
wade
whiteside
deng
johnson
winslow

looks better than the cavs..... not far away from them on offense (if anything) and consierably better on defense

anyways, the east playoffs will be so fun to watch. west is maybe better overall, but round1 will be so boring. whereas the east ist just unpredictable.

hawks are being underrated by everyone

I'll say this about Deng, he's looked like a different player since switching to the 4. Imo he's a small ball PF for the rest of his career. He's been that effective. I don't know what the Heat will do with him but he's suddenly become an interesting piece.

The amazing thing about the Heat's current situation is the sudden (and unlikely) emergence of a great young core. Whiteside basically fell into our laps, Winslow's availability surprised everyone, and J-Rich might be the steal of the draft. I could probably throw Tyler Johnson's name in there too.

Assuming Bosh is forced to retire:

Dragic / TJ
Wade / J-Rich
JJ / Winslow
Durant / Deng
Whiteside / Someone

Salary-wise I don't know if that is realistic, but one can dream right?

Old Man River
03-29-2016, 05:31 PM
We need to have that DPOY convo. Leading in blocks. :coleman:

GrapeApe
03-29-2016, 05:45 PM
We need to have that DPOY convo. Leading in blocks. :coleman:

He has more blocks than several teams. He won't and shouldn't win DPOY, but it's fair to say he's in the conversation. He will get some votes.

Derka
03-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Heat will be able to afford him when the cap goes up and he's absolutely worth paying.

DoctorP
03-29-2016, 07:21 PM
Whiteside's gone. He's still not starting and I'm sure he hates Spo by now. He knows he is gone.

GrapeApe
03-29-2016, 07:58 PM
Whiteside's gone. He's still not starting and I'm sure he hates Spo by now. He knows he is gone.

Him not starting is more of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" than anything. The Heat are 14-6 since the break and Whiteside is still playing starter minutes. Make no mistake though, if the Heat lock him up this summer he will be the starting center. The comment about him hating Spo is completely speculative and unfounded. In fact Spo is the one who worked with him to improve his shooting.

I've mentioned this before, but Riley will prioritize keeping Whiteside. He's a potential franchise center and Riley loves big men. I'm not saying it's 100% guaranteed he stays, but the Heat are the odds on favorite to sign him.

Human Error
03-29-2016, 08:26 PM
Player of the month. :bowdown:

r15mohd
03-29-2016, 08:33 PM
Him not starting is more of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" than anything. The Heat are 14-6 since the break and Whiteside is still playing starter minutes. Make no mistake though, if the Heat lock him up this summer he will be the starting center. The comment about him hating Spo is completely speculative and unfounded. In fact Spo is the one who worked with him to improve his shooting.

I've mentioned this before, but Riley will prioritize keeping Whiteside. He's a potential franchise center and Riley loves big men. I'm not saying it's 100% guaranteed he stays, but the Heat are the odds on favorite to sign him.

it's a no brainer - Riles has been shouting this since earlier in the season, if not last season. he's been sold on Whiteside since his emergence and knew all he needed was some polishing to get his 2k ratings up :D

the dilemma will come when pitching to KD, and how they can fit Wade in the mix as he's going to call for $$$ once again. I assume he settles for a descent long term (3yrs) due to his $20+ mil 1yr gift this past season but we shall see. Wade being on the squad is going to be key for KD too - so Riley does have some work cut out for him in locking up the Heat core and pitching that to KD

going to be a really fun offseason for Miami once again

Crimsonrain777
03-29-2016, 08:36 PM

Spo worked with Josh Richardson as well to improve his 3-point shooting. Spo works alot on player development it seems

GrapeApe
03-29-2016, 08:59 PM
it's a no brainer - Riles has been shouting this since earlier in the season, if not last season. he's been sold on Whiteside since his emergence and knew all he needed was some polishing to get his 2k ratings up :D

the dilemma will come when pitching to KD, and how they can fit Wade in the mix as he's going to call for $$$ once again. I assume he settles for a descent long term (3yrs) due to his $20+ mil 1yr gift this past season but we shall see. Wade being on the squad is going to be key for KD too - so Riley does have some work cut out for him in locking up the Heat core and pitching that to KD

going to be a really fun offseason for Miami once again

Yeah, I think Wade will take a cap-friendly deal. His one year deal this season was essentially the beginning of a front-loaded 4 year plan. I also agree that Wade is important for the recruitment of KD. Riley indeed has some work to do, but hey, they don't call him the Godfather for nothing.

HiphopRelated
03-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Man where do y'all get these theories?

DoctorP
03-29-2016, 09:21 PM
Man where do y'all get these theories?

Watching the games :lol

I think of all possible scenarios.

Detective mind.

I predicted LeBron leaving.

GrapeApe
03-29-2016, 09:35 PM
Watching the games :lol

I think of all possible scenarios.

Detective mind.

I predicted LeBron leaving.

Before or after the 2014 finals? :D

I really do think Whiteside stays, but you never completely know what is happening behind the scenes. If he chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. If so, I trust Riley will use the cap space wisely.

DoctorP
03-29-2016, 09:57 PM
Before or after the 2014 finals? :D

I really do think Whiteside stays, but you never completely know what is happening behind the scenes. If he chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. If so, I trust Riley will use the cap space wisely.

I think he is tolerating Spo and doing whatever he can to help but after this year he is going somewhere else. His patience has worn thin. He not only wants to be a starter but he wants to be the man.

Just a theory.

Wade's Rings
03-29-2016, 11:43 PM
He has more blocks than several teams. He won't and shouldn't win DPOY, but it's fair to say he's in the conversation. He will get some votes.

Why not? I used to think he shouldn't be in the DPOY conversations earlier in the year but why not now? He's leading the league in blocks and block %. He's anchoring Miami to the 6th best defense and I remembered seeing he was leading tge League in Defensive Rating a week back.

Mean Joe Bean
03-30-2016, 03:16 AM
Teams were still doing the "Hack-a-Whiteside" as recently as two or three months ago. Now he cant miss from the FT line. The progression with this guy is truly something to behold. And hes toned down the dumb comments too. Im a believer in the Heat culture. Why did Lebron leave? Ungrateful bastard.

Dresta
03-30-2016, 09:41 AM
I think he is tolerating Spo and doing whatever he can to help but after this year he is going somewhere else. His patience has worn thin. He not only wants to be a starter but he wants to be the man.

Just a theory.
A stupid theory, based on absolutely nothing.

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2016, 10:13 AM
Goddamn

And to think we drafted this guy and let him go

Couldn't have known

Im Still Ballin
03-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Can't wait to see Cousins v Whiteside

DoctorP
03-30-2016, 10:40 AM
A stupid theory, based on absolutely nothing.

Good. I am glad you think it's stupid. I would rather he stay in Miami but time will reveal all.

aquaadverse
03-30-2016, 11:25 AM
Teams were still doing the "Hack-a-Whiteside" as recently as two or three months ago. Now he cant miss from the FT line. The progression with this guy is truly something to behold. And hes toned down the dumb comments too. Im a believer in the Heat culture. Why did Lebron leave? Ungrateful bastard.

Riley didn't kiss his ass, let him play GM and let his crew run wild. Those weren't the only reasons, but they played a major role.

jrong
03-30-2016, 12:22 PM

Just a theory.

He could leave, but I don't think he'll find the same success anywhere else. He does have offensive skills, but his scoring output is still in large part dependent on spoon-feeds from Wade, Dragic, JJ, Deng etc. Not too many other teams have both have numerous playmakers and have one who executes lobs (the most important play that involves Hassan) with elite precision and instinct the way that Wade does.

And unless Durant signs, I believe Whiteside will eventually become the team's focal point, possibly as part of a one-two, inside-outside tandem with J-Rich, the SG of the future once Wade is gone. Those two, along with Winslow at SF, form a very promising nucleus for the Heat's next generation.

DaSeba5
03-30-2016, 01:42 PM
I was down on him before the All-Star Break, but he completely turned it around. You don't see somebody become a good FT and jump shooter that quickly in the middle of the season. He also seems more mature too.

Winslow, JRich, and Whiteside look like the future tandem of the Heat.