PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tyreke Evans after his historic rookie season?

Braincells
03-27-2016, 07:53 PM
Didn't follow him, but what happened the following seasons? I thought he was projected to be one of the best players in the league.

bdreason
03-27-2016, 08:02 PM
He got scouted, and didn't improve enough. He's still an effective player even without a consistent jumper, but players know his M.O. now.

Fire Colangelo
03-27-2016, 08:07 PM
It was a combination of a couple of things....

He put up ATG rookie numbers but his game didn't seem to grow in his 2nd season, obviously battling injuries and drafting a guy like cousins + trading for a ball dominant chucker in Thornton didn't exacly help his case.

The year after they drafted another ball dominant guard in Isaiah Thomas and the franchise shifted their emphasis onto Cousins.... I think Tyreke spent a lot of time at the SF position these years where he was used as a catch + finish type of guy when he's most effective as the ball handler.... This plus the fact that he was a mediocre at best shooter/defender.

So ummm it was a combination of him not improving much and Shitty organization.

no pun intended
03-27-2016, 08:10 PM
It was a combination of a couple of things....

He put up ATG rookie numbers but his game didn't seem to grow in his 2nd season, obviously battling injuries and drafting a guy like cousins + trading for a ball dominant chucker in Thornton didn't exacly help his case.

The year after they drafted another ball dominant guard in Isaiah Thomas and the franchise shifted their emphasis onto Cousins.... I think Tyreke spent a lot of time at the SF position these years where he was used as a catch + finish type of guy when he's most effective as the ball handler.... This plus the fact that he was a mediocre at best shooter/defender.

So ummm it was a combination of him not improving much and Shitty organization.
I honestly sometime question how much potential the Kings organization have squandered within the last decade. Excluding Jason Thompson (pick 12), they've had the top 10 pick since 2007 lmao

Fire Colangelo
03-27-2016, 08:22 PM
I honestly sometime question how much potential the Kings organization have squandered within the last decade. Excluding Jason Thompson (pick 12), they've had the top 10 pick since 2007 lmao

Yeah.... it's not even just draft picks..... it's a combination of draft picks, inability to develop players and crappy FA signings/trades.

GOATJono
03-27-2016, 08:33 PM
Exactly what were his HISTORIC rookie numbers?

warriorfan
03-27-2016, 08:39 PM
Poor shooter and never improved

Poor defender and never improved

Nagging injuries

His stats were gained through heavy ball domination and he was never very efficient regardless

warriorfan
03-27-2016, 08:42 PM
Exactly what were his HISTORIC rookie numbers?

I think it was for the fact that he put up 20/5/5 in his rookie year. The media wouldn't shut the f uck up about it during that whole season.

Funny thing is is the other 2 who did 20/5/5 in their rookie season...

The Big Empty

and LeBron

Notice a pattern? :oldlol:

Fire Colangelo
03-27-2016, 08:51 PM
I think it was for the fact that he put up 20/5/5 in his rookie year. The media wouldn't shut the f uck up about it during that whole season.

Funny thing is is the other 2 who did 20/5/5 in their rookie season...

The Big Empty

and LeBron

Notice a pattern? :oldlol:

Pretty sure Michael Jordan did it too.

A pattern of top 10 players :applause:

warriorfan
03-27-2016, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure Michael Jordan did it too.

A pattern of top 10 players :applause:

Michael Jordan is the exception to the rule.

The Big Empty was a career loser until he had number 2 GOAT in his utmost prime (Kareem Abdul Jabbar).

LeBron was a career loser until he colluded with the best shooting guard and power forward of the league in a historically weak conference.

As of now 20/5/5 as a rookie is not a good sign for your franchise. Your franchise does not want a Big Empty or LeBron. (Both of these guys were unable to bring a title to their original team whom they were drafted upon and padded stats at their original team's expense and had to leave and collude with other All Time Greats in order to win.)

HylianNightmare
03-27-2016, 09:00 PM
He's got such a visually appealing game to me. His handle and euro are smooth as shit

no pun intended
03-27-2016, 09:32 PM
Yeah.... it's not even just draft picks..... it's a combination of draft picks, inability to develop players and crappy FA signings/trades.
Stauskas? Stauskas?

http://americaswhiteboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Vivek-Ranadive-Sacramento-Kings-NBA.jpg

raprap
03-27-2016, 09:34 PM
He had the keys to the team as a rookie then injuries, Undefined role and lack of improvement happened.

FreezingTsmoove
03-27-2016, 10:56 PM

They also did their best to ruin Hassan Whitesides career :facepalm

senelcoolidge
03-27-2016, 10:58 PM
Yeah he got scouted and never tried to improve his game. He's known to be lazy AF. Garbage work ethic.

BarberSchool
03-28-2016, 12:25 AM
The entire league forced him left. And he never really adjusted.

ralph_i_el
03-28-2016, 10:34 AM
Teams found out he had no J and only finishes with his left hand

HoopologyPhD
03-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Not much.