PDA

View Full Version : Has any ATG had worse coaches than Lebron?

JT123
03-27-2016, 10:58 PM
Paul Silas = unemployed
Mike Brown = unemployed
Spo = never won a playoff series without Lebron
David Blatt = :lol
Lue = decent but lacking experience

Can anyone seriously name another top 10 player with worse coaching throughout their entire career? :facepalm

Dray n Klay
03-27-2016, 11:02 PM
Nope :(

GrapeApe
03-27-2016, 11:08 PM
Paul Silas = unemployed
Mike Brown = unemployed

Can anyone seriously name another top 10 player with worse coaching throughout their entire career? :facepalm

Spo had coached all of 2 seasons before Lebron came, both of which the Heat were generally thought to have overachieved. Did you even watch basketball in 2009 and 2010? Spo was constantly being praised as being a great young coach who got his players to play hard and play well defensively.

I criticize Spo plenty, but he's much better than the other guys you listed and highly respected among his coaching peers. Other coaches think he's a good coach. I don't always see it but I'll defer to their opinions.

PJR
03-27-2016, 11:16 PM
No great coach wants to coach a player who will undermine him at every turn.

COnDEMnED
03-27-2016, 11:18 PM
If Lebron had a better organization behind him, he might be an all time great. Opportunity missed.

Real14
03-27-2016, 11:21 PM
End thread. Plus LeBron is not even top 10.

JT123
03-27-2016, 11:30 PM
Spo had coached all of 2 seasons before Lebron came, both of which the Heat were generally thought to have overachieved. Did you even watch basketball in 2009 and 2010? Spo was constantly being praised as being a great young coach who got his players to play hard and play well defensively.

I criticize Spo plenty, but he's much better than the other guys you listed and highly respected among his coaching peers. Other coaches think he's a good coach. I don't always see it but I'll defer to their opinions.
:facepalm When have you EVER heard a coach be even slightly critical of another coach? Even former coaches like Jeff Van Gundy refuse to ever blame a coach for anything that's going wrong with a team. Those guys have poor job security and thus will ALWAYS stick together. Other coaches giving Spo compliments when asked about him proves nothing! It's like a dude claiming he's handsome because his mother told him so. :oldlol:

GrapeApe
03-28-2016, 01:18 AM
:facepalm When have you EVER heard a coach be even slightly critical of another coach? Even former coaches like Jeff Van Gundy refuse to ever blame a coach for anything that's going wrong with a team. Those guys have poor job security and thus will ALWAYS stick together. Other coaches giving Spo compliments when asked about him proves nothing! It's like a dude claiming he's handsome because his mother told him so. :oldlol:

I'm not talking about that kind of stuff. I mean Spo's name routinely comes up when coaches, former players, and commentators (JVG, Doug Collins, etc...) talk about the best coaches in the league. He's very well respected. Most importantly he has Riley's respect, and he knows a thing or two about coaching.

Again, I have trashed him plenty over the years, but what do I know? Bottom line, guys that know a hell of a lot more about basketball than us think he's a great coach.

Akrazotile
03-28-2016, 01:20 AM
Paul Silas = unemployed
Mike Brown = unemployed

Funny thing is, give Mike Brown a Top 3 all-time player like Lebron, and he wins coach of the year.

Give that same Mike Brown a player like Kobe, and he gets fired 5 games into his second season :roll:

JT123
03-28-2016, 01:25 AM
Funny thing is, give Mike Brown a Top 3 all-time player like Lebron, and he wins coach of the year.

Give that same Mike Brown a player like Kobe, and he gets fired 5 games into his second season :roll:
:roll:

Dray n Klay
03-28-2016, 01:41 AM

:roll:

Deuce Bigalow
03-28-2016, 02:46 AM
He had the Coach of the Year

coin24
03-28-2016, 03:21 AM
Does any poster have a worse life than OP? Just replying to all his own lame threads??

masonanddixon
03-28-2016, 03:23 AM
Dirk

Don Nelson (out of the league)
Avery Johnson (out of the league)

See how easy this is?

warriorfan
03-28-2016, 03:48 AM
Curry is on track for the greatest season of all time while coached under Luke Walton for the majority of the season.

SpaceJam
03-28-2016, 03:59 AM
Literally pull that sh*t for any player :oldlol:

Akrazotile
03-28-2016, 04:06 AM
Curry is on track for the greatest season of all time while coached under Luke Walton for the majority of the season.

Walton is a miracle worker. Have you seen what he did with Kobe?

HylianNightmare
03-28-2016, 05:12 AM
Headshot