PDA

View Full Version : Kobe says there is no one worthy of his torch on the Lakers...

stalkerforlife
03-28-2016, 01:12 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-d-angelo-russell-julius-randle-032816

GmBe needs to take over the team and clean house.

He's had the most pathetic roster in the NBA to work with during his last days and it's simply disrespectful.

Labissiere
03-28-2016, 01:20 PM
It is his own fault that good players don't want to play with an anti-social chucking has been.

stalkerforlife
03-28-2016, 01:23 PM
It is his own fault that good players don't want to play with an anti-social chucking has been.

No...it's their fault for not being winners and accepting their beta status in the presence of the alpha one.

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians leads to losing.

Kobe's formula is proven.

Showtime2001
03-28-2016, 01:26 PM
http://s14.postimg.org/50llt2gxd/9t_ZCa_jpg_1.jpg

Labissiere
03-28-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm not mad. I'm enjoying Chuckbe losing. I'm basking in the glory of how pathetic the ending of Kobe's career is. OP is the one mad about Kobe's roster.

lilteapot
03-28-2016, 01:36 PM
I mean, he's right. Russell is good and all but not Kobe.

Then again, Kobe wasn't good in his first 2 years

Akrazotile
03-28-2016, 01:36 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-d-angelo-russell-julius-randle-032816

He's had the most pathetic roster in the NBA to work with during his last days and it's simply disrespectful.

So have his teammates.

Bankaii
03-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Shaq probably thought the same...

Luckily Pau came along:bowdown:

Labissiere
03-28-2016, 01:38 PM
Shaq probably thought the same...

Luckily Pau came along:bowdown:
:lol

Bankaii
03-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Not trolling though there really is no one on this roster currently that will reach even FroBe level.

Still a dick move to say it though. Clarkson/Russell may become a top tier backcourt given time and a good coach.

Smoke117
03-28-2016, 01:39 PM

And that has nothing to do with no one wanting to play second fiddle to a washed up cripple and his outrageous contract right?

Smoke117
03-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Not trolling though there really is no one on this roster currently that will reach even FroBe level.

Still a dick move to say it though. Clarkson/Russell may become a top tier backcourt given time and a good coach.

They are the worst defensive backcourt in the league...you really think they can improve that much in that regard? Defense is something you either have or you don't...its not something you develop.

Bankaii
03-28-2016, 01:45 PM
They are the worst defensive backcourt in the league...you really think they can improve that much in that regard? Defense is something you either have or you don't...its not something you develop.
You're right, but the major thing that helps them is that post defense is far more important than gaurd defense.

Look at Curry/Klay. They're byfar the best backcourt in the league off of offense alone.
Klay is a top 3 defender for his position but Curry is a shit defender.

I don't see Russell ever being anything above an average defender but Clarkson is athletic enough to be at least a solid defender given the right training.
Combine that with a solid defensive support behind them and they'll be fine.

scuzzy
03-28-2016, 01:53 PM
What torch? He's the worst contributing player on the Lakers :lol

Kobe has the 3rd worst +/- on the Lakers

Lakers have their WORST +/- rating when he's on the court and their BEST +/- when he's off the court

http://stats.nba.com/team/#!/1610612747/players/?sort=PLUS_MINUS&dir=-1

Smoke117
03-28-2016, 01:55 PM
You're right, but the major thing that helps them is that post defense is far more important than gaurd defense.

Look at Curry/Klay. They're byfar the best backcourt in the league off of offense alone.

I don't see Russell ever being anything above an average defender but Clarkson is athletic enough to be at least a solid defender given the right training.

Clarkson is actually worse...he's legit the worst defensive guard in the league. The fact of the matter is Randle is a pretty piss poor defensive player himself...so I that's' why I always when Laker fans say they are going to build around those three...you'd need a David Robinson or Hakeem Olajuwon caliber defensive center to build around those 3 guys.

34-24 Footwork
03-28-2016, 01:57 PM

Comments like this make you the most uninformed poster on here...which says a lot. This isn't even close to being remotely true :lol

Dray n Klay
03-28-2016, 01:58 PM
Kobe is currently the worst player to ever play in the NBA

He's the last one to be talking about 'carrying the torch', he shouldn't even be a starter in the league at this point. :biggums:

Besides he's not even a Top 10 player all time so what torch is there exactly to carry, the most missed shots in NBA history?? :oldlol:

LoneyROY7
03-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Kobe with the truthbomb for Airpac. :oldlol:

Bankaii
03-28-2016, 02:01 PM
Clarkson is actually worse...he's legit the worst defensive guard in the league. The fact of the matter is Randle is a pretty piss poor defensive player himself...so I that's' why I always when Laker fans say they are going to build around those three...you'd need a David Robinson or Hakeem Olajuwon caliber defensive center to build around those 3 guys.
I haven't watched enough Laker games I guess.
I didn't know Clarkson was that bad. It's surprising because he has the build to be a solid defender. Guess not.

I don't see the Lakers being title contenders for the next decade at least regardless of who they sign.

But if they can put something together like Russell/Clarkson/top 5 pick/Randle/Whiteside and a solid bench I could see them being on the same level as the current Jazz.

Btw I know you're Heat fan and I definitely know he isn't leaving, it was just an example.

Bankaii
03-28-2016, 02:04 PM
Comments like this make you the most uninformed poster on here...which says a lot. This isn't even close to being remotely true :lol
He's not wrong though.

The best defenders in the league were all recognized as great defensive players when they first started.

Bad defenders such as Harden/Love/Kyrie/Curry etc have always been bad defenders.

You can slightly improve your defense but most of the time you either have it or you don't.

Why do you have to be such an asshole.

Smoke117
03-28-2016, 02:26 PM
I haven't watched enough Laker games I guess.
I didn't know Clarkson was that bad. It's surprising because he has the build to be a solid defender. Guess not.

I don't see the Lakers being title contenders for the next decade at least regardless of who they sign.

But if they can put something together like Russell/Clarkson/top 5 pick/Randle/Whiteside and a solid bench I could see them being on the same level as the current Jazz.

Btw I know you're Heat fan and I definitely know he isn't leaving, it was just an example.

Whiteside is the kind of guy that needs other defensive players around him...his PNR defense is laughable...Big Dave and Dream were high IQ players to go with their talent...Whiteside doesn't have close to the basketball IQ of them. He needs smart players around him to tell him what to do...

Crimsonrain777
03-28-2016, 03:45 PM
Whiteside is the kind of guy that needs other defensive players around him...his PNR defense is laughable...Big Dave and Dream were high IQ players to go with their talent...Whiteside doesn't have close to the basketball IQ of them. He needs smart players around him to tell him what to do...

thats where Miami really misses Bosh. he is one of the best pick and roll defenders at the Power forward/ Center position. Our first unit defense goes up several notches with him on the floor

stalkerforlife
03-28-2016, 03:48 PM

That's a blatant lie, Simon. :lol

stalkerforlife
03-28-2016, 03:49 PM

Smoke is far too obsessed with Bran to think clearly.

warriorfan
03-28-2016, 03:53 PM
http://s10.postimg.org/9e54xz6xl/currydefense.jpg

dazzer87
so the other rat is not good enough???????

stalkerforlife
http://s10.postimg.org/9e54xz6xl/currydefense.jpg

Ether.

Smoke117
03-28-2016, 03:55 PM
thats where Miami really misses Bosh. he is one of the best pick and roll defenders at the Power forward/ Center position. Our first unit defense goes up several notches with him on the floor

Yeah definitely...Bosh scoring wise didn't live up to that big contract...but he's been the most versatile defensive PF in the league for years now.

zbott
03-28-2016, 06:04 PM
Lakers may be looking to the draft for a new superstar .... Brandom Ingram would be a good pickup if it worked out ....

Real14
03-28-2016, 06:06 PM
End thread!:roll:

AintNoSunshine
03-28-2016, 08:32 PM

Agreed. His ability and selfishness to chuck may go un rivaled forever.

Spurs m8
03-28-2016, 09:02 PM
I can't wait til this rapist, ego tripping, cancer of a person is gone forever

Not long now :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
03-28-2016, 09:05 PM
Of course nobody read the article and took it completely out of context

Lebronxrings
03-28-2016, 09:08 PM
lmao GMbe handpicks his teammates then pulls this crap on them? He thinks hes so much above his teammates, what a piece of shit.

JT123
03-28-2016, 09:19 PM
I'm not mad. I'm enjoying Chuckbe losing. I'm basking in the glory of how pathetic the ending of Kobe's career is. OP is the one mad about Kobe's roster.
:lol SAVAGE

JT123
03-28-2016, 09:23 PM
lmao GMbe handpicks his teammates then pulls this crap on them? He thinks hes so much above his teammates, what a piece of shit.
Exactly. He engineered the entire roster and got the coach he wanted. Bitch needs to quit crying about his teammates and worry about shooting higher than 35%

Showtime2001
03-28-2016, 10:17 PM
Exactly. He engineered the entire roster and got the coach he wanted. Bitch needs to quit crying about his teammates and worry about shooting higher than 35%
Still higher than Le2/6's Finals won percentage doe.

hold this L
03-28-2016, 10:40 PM
I don't know about that. Russell is a -35 for 0/8 as 0/1/0 right now vs the Jazz. He has potential. :pimp:

AintNoSunshine
03-28-2016, 11:40 PM
:roll: The timing of this is so perfect.

Kobe 1/11 LOL no one worthy of the torch indeed.

Magic 32
03-28-2016, 11:47 PM

Clarkson, Russell and Randle went 8-34 and 3-21 in the 2nd half.

Dray n Klay
03-28-2016, 11:50 PM
Clarkson, Russell and Randle went 8-34 and 3-21 in the 2nd half.

So they all were better than Kobe?

Agreed.

livingby3's
03-28-2016, 11:51 PM

D'Angelow Russell 2/11

Magic 32
03-28-2016, 11:56 PM
So they all were better than Kobe?

Agreed.

Sublime response.

That really came out of nowhere.

Great creativity.

bobopenguin
03-28-2016, 11:58 PM
after today's match, i dont even think himself deserve his own torch.
worst game of the year.

AintNoSunshine
03-28-2016, 11:59 PM
D'Angelow Russell 2/11
And that's good enough to take over the torch:oldlol: