PDA

View Full Version : What Superstar had more ref treatment than....

Real14
03-30-2016, 07:59 AM
...06 Wade in a finals series?

Bron is a close 2nd because Game 3-5 in 2006 finals was quite obvious. Wade would get tapped a little and the refs put him on tha line every damn time. Don't forget that timeout play that the refs did mavs Josh Howard dirty with too.

aj1987
03-30-2016, 08:09 AM
...06 Wade in a finals series?

Bron is a close 2nd because Game 3-5 in 2006 finals was quite obvious. Wade would get tapped a little and the refs put him on tha line every damn time. Don't forget that timeout play that the refs did Josh Howard with too.
Kobe against Utah ('08).
Kobe against Denver ('09).
Kobe against the Kings ('01).

HM: Game 7 of the '10 Finals.

MJ against the Nets ('98).
MJ against the Cavs ('89).
MJ against the Knicks ('89).
MJ against the Pistons ('89).

HM: Game 6 of the '98 Finals. The push-off.

Real14
03-30-2016, 08:38 AM
You're full of shit Aj :oldlol: You can't see my point because Wade reps your team:lol
I understand man.

aj1987
03-30-2016, 08:53 AM
You're full of shit Aj :oldlol: You can't see my point because Wade reps your team:lol
I understand man.
I just assumed that you were basing your retarded statements off of FT attempts and hence, my post.

You said Miami got ref help in game 3. Wade scored 11 points ONLY on jumpshots in the 4th. Dude made TWO FT's in the entire 4th. OTOH, Dirk got 2 FT's with the Mavs being down 2 with 3 seconds left.

Game 4, Miami blew out the Mavs by 24.

Know the game and watch the series before you comment on them, you ****ing retard.

Real14
03-30-2016, 08:56 AM
I just assumed that you were basing your retarded statements off of FT attempts and hence, my post.

You said Miami got ref help in game 3. Wade scored 11 points ONLY on jumpshots in the 4th. Dude made TWO FT's in the entire 4th. OTOH, Dirk got 2 FT's with the Mavs being down 2 with 3 seconds left.

Game 4, Miami blew out the Mavs by 24.

Know the game and watch the series before you comment on them, you ****ing retard.
Watch those games again man, and it's more rigging other than free throws. Ask around man, those 06 finals were rigged.

aj1987
03-30-2016, 09:04 AM
Watch those games again man, and it's more rigging other than free throws. Ask around man, those 06 finals were rigged.

Right here:

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=126843

Interesting facts:

In this playoff run, Dirk Nowitzki sets a record for must FT's hit during the playoffs shooting 209-229. Wade on the other hand shoots 202-250 with both players playing 23 games in the playoffs that year. For a player who is more of a slasher, Wade only managed to get 21 more free throws? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, Wade shot 10 and 14 free throws in the first two games, so its not like he just got more free throws the next few games. He was already getting to the line a lot.

The total foul count in the series was 146 fouls committed by the Miami Heat and 160 fouls committed by the Mavericks. Fairly equal if anything.

Furthermore, it's amazing it was soo close considering the Heat have Shaq and Wade on their team. Wade is a driver who gets a lot of free throws anyway, and Shaq is a guy who teams love to send to the line. Also, the Mavericks were more of a jumpshooting team, with most of their driving coming from Harris and Howard.

Quick facts:
--Miami outrebounded the Mavs in 4 of the 6 games in the series.
--In the 4 games Miami won, they shot better in 3 of those matchups, with the only time they shot worse being by .8 of a %.
--Miami shot less threes then the Dallas team in 5 of the 6 games. The one time they shot more threes then the Dallas team, they lost.

Game 3:
Mavericks up 83-71 with 8:30 left. A lot of people claim that the refs took over here and helped guide Wade to victory.
Up to the 3rd quarter Wade had shot 15 free throws. In the 4th quarter, Wade shot only 3 free throws, and only 1 free throw within the 8:30 left. So the two other free throws he shot were before the 12 point lead the Mavs had.

Not to mention with the game score was 97-95 in favor of the Heat with 3 seconds to go and Dirk gets given 2 free throws. So the Mavs were given a chance to tie the game, and Dirk only hit 1 of 2 free throws to make the score 97-96 in favor of the Heat.

So in actual fact, Wade got no free throws in that 8:30, due to the free throws he recieved being out of desperation and the Mavs hacking to be able to get another shot off. So a total of 0 shooting fouls were called for Wade in the 4th.

Game 4:
98-74 win for the Heat. Mavs shot 31% and Wade had 9 free throws. Nothing to talk about really. Mavs completely outplayed.

Game 5:
This is the game where Wade goes onto shoot as many free throws as the entire Dallas team. 21-25 went Wade and 21-25 went Dallas. Game went into overtime as well.
Wade had 22 points going into the 4th quarter. Wade scored 17 in the 4th quarter with the last 6 points all coming from jumpers. Even the game tying shot was a jumper to level the game at 93-93 with 2 seconds left. No free throws needed. 7 of Wade's 17 points came from FT's. So he basically maintained his average foul shot per quarter rate in the 4th.

Then in the overtime, the score was 100-99 in favor of the Mavs with 2 seconds left and Wade was given 2 free throws. As many of you know, at the time there was great debate as to whether this was a foul or not. The play involved Harris and Nowitzki both hacking Wade and Nowitzki being called for the foul.

https://s28.postimg.org/rsojewxdp/7Efvj5G.jpg

That was the play for those who have forgot. Many people say this wasn't a foul. Now take a look at what happened on this play:

https://s30.postimg.org/6kt9xx2kx/qr98Ae1.gif
Harris' leg clearly fouling Wade.

Also:
Dirk giving Wade a huge shove, just look at the amount of contact.

https://s24.postimg.org/js7rf6cth/GZdbKdf.jpg

Not to mention Harris grabbed Wade's other hand on the way to the basket, but I don't have a picture. He didn't just slap it, but grabbed it and didn't allow Wade to have shooting motion. That is a foul even in late game situations. Two players hacking and getting a huge amount of contact. On his leg, one arm and pushing on his back. That has to get called even in the dying seconds.

EDIT: Picture found.

https://s30.postimg.org/deotrvqxd/CfMyCFs.jpg

Harris' grabbing Wade's shooting arm, pretty much not allowing a shot to be attempted.

Game 6:

Heat win the championship with a 95-92 win. No controversy here

Wade had the best Finals performance in NBA History... Putting the team on his back in the Final 4 games (all wins) and scored over 35 pts per game in each one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

^ GREATEST Finals Performance EVER !!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6013055&postcount=19

[QUOTE=ImKobe]The opposing team couldn't stop Wade without fouling, so he exploited that and won his team the game? :oldlol:

They changed the rules to get the scoring back up after the 04 season, handchecking was made illegal. It's why guys like Kobe,Lebron and AI had huge gains in the PPG department in 05-06, they learned how to exploit the new rules that favored the offensive player.

Here's a good post

[QUOTE]From his Blog Maverick weblog, Mark Cuban's article 'If It

Labissiere
03-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Can't think of one from the Finals worse than Wade. LeBron gets help every playoffs. Melo gets a lot of help in the regular season, but doesn't make the playoffs enough to accurately say how much help he would get there.

Jasper
03-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Certain players get pref treatment , but its called under the NBA old school rules to protect the leagues most valuable players.

D-Wade is as we all agree in his prime , the ultimate slasher.
The punishment that Allen Iverson and D-Wade for example received was hammered home , by after game rehab.
If that player didn't show up next couple games , ticket prices were affected.

Tick tack fouls are called throughout the game , and some hard slaps are not.
MJ constantly was after the ref's because he was constantly HAMMERED.

The game is lightning fast.
Ask a college player , and the first comment is that its dialed up 2x faster than college.
(When you played playground , then went to high school- didn't the game speed increase :confusedshrug: )

Some ref's call a different game compared to other NBA ref's .
Ironically over the decades that I have watched the game, I saw favoritism , or pref treatment , and its unfortunate that some of those games and more than one game in a series , lead to a series win , and eventually a ring.
I'll never forgot Portland playing Shaq's Lakers , and Portland was going to hand the Lakers their head , but the ref's made 3-4 real bad calls , and changed the series in fav of the Lakers.

But that's here nor there, point on to any thread based on pref treatment , is that it should never happen.
However the ref's calling the game , also MUST protect the players.

kamil
03-30-2016, 09:58 AM
Kobe against the Kings ('01)

Wrong.

The series against the Kings was not about propping up Kobe, but rather about getting a big market like Los Angeles into the finals for ratings and $$$$$.

Nilocon165
03-30-2016, 10:02 AM
Op is not an intelligent human

Papaya Petee
03-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Well, now that AJ destroyed Real, like he gets destroyed in every thread, what should we talk about?

Cap'n Obvious
03-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Now that is obvious.

sd3035
03-30-2016, 10:28 AM
Jordan got ridiculous ref help

Gileraracer
03-30-2016, 10:52 AM
Damn 17 free throws a game for a finals series. This sh!t was RIGGED :eek:

aj1987
03-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Damn 17 free throws a game for a finals series. This sh!t was RIGGED :eek:
Who taught you math, Gileretard?

Jasper
03-30-2016, 11:03 AM
three point plays :confusedshrug:

aj1987
03-30-2016, 11:06 AM
three point plays :confusedshrug:
What?

Labissiere
03-30-2016, 11:07 AM
He was off by 1. Wade still shot over 16 per game.

Gileraracer
03-30-2016, 11:07 AM

97 free throws in 6 games and the second most was Dirk with 55 :eek:

3 games where decided by 3 points or less:

Game 3 - 18FT for Wade
Game 5 - 25FT for Wade
Game 6 - 21FT for Wade

But refs didn't win this for Miami, no ..... it's just hilarious.

feyki
03-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Wade at the top and then Shaq , Lebron , Jordan .

TYCRO
03-30-2016, 11:22 AM
The amount Wade shot that series was crazy.

aj1987
03-30-2016, 11:28 AM
97 free throws in 6 games and the second most was Dirk with 55 :eek:

3 games where decided by 3 points or less:

Game 3 - 18FT for Wade
Game 5 - 25FT for Wade
Game 6 - 21FT for Wade

But refs didn't win this for Miami, no ..... it's just hilarious.
Still doesn't average out to 17 FT's a game. Just like how LeBron didn't shoot 39% last Finals.

Anyways, I might sure why you're surprised that the greatest slasher since MJ took more FT's than a soft jump shooter.

I'll leave this here again:

Right here:

http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=126843

Interesting facts:

In this playoff run, Dirk Nowitzki sets a record for must FT's hit during the playoffs shooting 209-229. Wade on the other hand shoots 202-250 with both players playing 23 games in the playoffs that year. For a player who is more of a slasher, Wade only managed to get 21 more free throws? :rolleyes:

Furthermore, Wade shot 10 and 14 free throws in the first two games, so its not like he just got more free throws the next few games. He was already getting to the line a lot.

The total foul count in the series was 146 fouls committed by the Miami Heat and 160 fouls committed by the Mavericks. Fairly equal if anything.

Furthermore, it's amazing it was soo close considering the Heat have Shaq and Wade on their team. Wade is a driver who gets a lot of free throws anyway, and Shaq is a guy who teams love to send to the line. Also, the Mavericks were more of a jumpshooting team, with most of their driving coming from Harris and Howard.

Quick facts:
--Miami outrebounded the Mavs in 4 of the 6 games in the series.
--In the 4 games Miami won, they shot better in 3 of those matchups, with the only time they shot worse being by .8 of a %.
--Miami shot less threes then the Dallas team in 5 of the 6 games. The one time they shot more threes then the Dallas team, they lost.

Game 3:
Mavericks up 83-71 with 8:30 left. A lot of people claim that the refs took over here and helped guide Wade to victory.
Up to the 3rd quarter Wade had shot 15 free throws. In the 4th quarter, Wade shot only 3 free throws, and only 1 free throw within the 8:30 left. So the two other free throws he shot were before the 12 point lead the Mavs had.

Not to mention with the game score was 97-95 in favor of the Heat with 3 seconds to go and Dirk gets given 2 free throws. So the Mavs were given a chance to tie the game, and Dirk only hit 1 of 2 free throws to make the score 97-96 in favor of the Heat.

So in actual fact, Wade got no free throws in that 8:30, due to the free throws he recieved being out of desperation and the Mavs hacking to be able to get another shot off. So a total of 0 shooting fouls were called for Wade in the 4th.

Game 4:
98-74 win for the Heat. Mavs shot 31% and Wade had 9 free throws. Nothing to talk about really. Mavs completely outplayed.

Game 5:
This is the game where Wade goes onto shoot as many free throws as the entire Dallas team. 21-25 went Wade and 21-25 went Dallas. Game went into overtime as well.
Wade had 22 points going into the 4th quarter. Wade scored 17 in the 4th quarter with the last 6 points all coming from jumpers. Even the game tying shot was a jumper to level the game at 93-93 with 2 seconds left. No free throws needed. 7 of Wade's 17 points came from FT's. So he basically maintained his average foul shot per quarter rate in the 4th.

Then in the overtime, the score was 100-99 in favor of the Mavs with 2 seconds left and Wade was given 2 free throws. As many of you know, at the time there was great debate as to whether this was a foul or not. The play involved Harris and Nowitzki both hacking Wade and Nowitzki being called for the foul.

https://s28.postimg.org/rsojewxdp/7Efvj5G.jpg

That was the play for those who have forgot. Many people say this wasn't a foul. Now take a look at what happened on this play:

https://s30.postimg.org/6kt9xx2kx/qr98Ae1.gif
Harris' leg clearly fouling Wade.

Also:
Dirk giving Wade a huge shove, just look at the amount of contact.

https://s24.postimg.org/js7rf6cth/GZdbKdf.jpg

Not to mention Harris grabbed Wade's other hand on the way to the basket, but I don't have a picture. He didn't just slap it, but grabbed it and didn't allow Wade to have shooting motion. That is a foul even in late game situations. Two players hacking and getting a huge amount of contact. On his leg, one arm and pushing on his back. That has to get called even in the dying seconds.

EDIT: Picture found.

https://s30.postimg.org/deotrvqxd/CfMyCFs.jpg

Harris' grabbing Wade's shooting arm, pretty much not allowing a shot to be attempted.

Game 6:

Heat win the championship with a 95-92 win. No controversy here

Wade had the best Finals performance in NBA History... Putting the team on his back in the Final 4 games (all wins) and scored over 35 pts per game in each one:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=FinalsPerformances-1

^ GREATEST Finals Performance EVER !!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6013055&postcount=19

[QUOTE=ImKobe]The opposing team couldn't stop Wade without fouling, so he exploited that and won his team the game? :oldlol:

They changed the rules to get the scoring back up after the 04 season, handchecking was made illegal. It's why guys like Kobe,Lebron and AI had huge gains in the PPG department in 05-06, they learned how to exploit the new rules that favored the offensive player.

Here's a good post

[QUOTE]From his Blog Maverick weblog, Mark Cuban's article 'If It

TYCRO
03-30-2016, 11:36 AM
^ Still over 16 though

stalkerforlife
03-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Not only was Wade given special treatment for marketing purposes and the grudge against Cuban...Dirk was absolutely mauled all series and the refs turned a blind eye.

The things they did to Dirk that series will forever be etched in my mind.

I see Dirk as having two rings.

aj1987
03-30-2016, 12:31 PM
^ Still over 16 though
Ok...? Doesn't mean that he didn't deserve them.

Not only was Wade given special treatment for marketing purposes and the grudge against Cuban...Dirk was absolutely mauled all series and the refs turned a blind eye.

The things they did to Dirk that series will forever be etched in my mind.

I see Dirk as having two rings.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Game 3 with 3 seconds left and Miami up by 2. Dirk gets sent to the line and he choked.

stalkerforlife
03-30-2016, 12:37 PM
Ok...? Doesn't mean that he didn't deserve them.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Game 3 with 3 seconds left and Miami up by 2. Dirk gets sent to the line and he choked.

Okay.

Dirk was mauled all series by Haslem and everyone knows it.

aj1987
03-30-2016, 12:45 PM
Okay.

Keep telling yourself that, little man. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
03-30-2016, 01:20 PM
Okay.

But he would actually have had 2 rings if he, a 90%+ FT shooter didn't choke at the line.

What would you say if Lebron had done that? :lol

feyki
03-30-2016, 01:34 PM
First 3 series ;

Dirk has 10.2 FTA a Game

Wade has 9 FTA a Game

In The Finals ;

Dirk - 9.2

Wade - 16.2

DaSeba5
03-30-2016, 01:38 PM
This topic has been done to death

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 01:42 PM
First 3 series ;

Dirk has 10.2 FTA a Game

Wade has 9 FTA a Game

In The Finals ;

Dirk - 9.2

Wade - 16.2

Dirk averaged 1 less Free Throw attempt than Wade for the entire '06 run. He also had 2 consecutive Games where he shot 39 total free throws. Dirk is primarily a jump shooter while Wade attacks the rim, when this is brought up though Dirk stans are nowhere to be found :oldlol:

feyki
03-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Dirk averaged 1 less Free Throw attempt than Wade for the entire '06 run. He also had 2 consecutive Games where he shot 39 total free throws. Dirk is primarily a jump shooter while Wade attacks the rim, when this is brought up though Dirk stans are nowhere to be found :oldlol:

I guess you didn't understand my point . Dirk was one of the best scorers in beginning the handchecking ban era and with his deadly shooting , probably most dangerous player . And he did get to the line more than Wade did until finals at 2006 playoffs . But what happened in that finals to Wade almost doubled Dirk at getting line .

Dirk wasn't like classic jump shooters , he was always great on getting line .

Smoke117
03-30-2016, 02:22 PM
:sleeping it's been 10 years...this is just a played out discussion. Being a Knicks fan you would have nothing in the present to discuss though.

Real14
03-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Keep hating Silicone:oldlol:

Real14
03-30-2016, 02:37 PM
Wade/heat fans can't handle tha truth at all!!!:roll:

Real14
03-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Well, now that AJ destroyed Real, like he gets destroyed in every thread, what should we talk about?
How he destroyed me? He destroyed himself by not accepting tha facts:lol Take a poll bitch. I dare you to take a poll on this, and most of tha votes would agree with me.

G0ATbe
03-30-2016, 02:47 PM
LeBald, MJ

WayOfWade
03-30-2016, 03:20 PM
How he destroyed me? He destroyed himself by not accepting tha facts:lol Take a poll bitch. I dare you to take a poll on this, and most of tha votes would agree with me.
Why didn't you respond to any of the facts that aj presented? Scared Knicks fan, stop acting like a ***** and take it like a man.
You want to take a freaking poll? You do realize most humans think double-dipping is dangerous and even believe this piece of crap http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
Now before you do anything else, respond and explain what aj posted, don't run from the truth

Wade's Rings
03-30-2016, 03:47 PM
I guess you didn't understand my point . Dirk was one of the best scorers in beginning the handchecking ban era and with his deadly shooting , probably most dangerous player . And he did get to the line more than Wade did until finals at 2006 playoffs . But what happened in that finals to Wade almost doubled Dirk at getting line .

Dirk wasn't like classic jump shooters , he was always great on getting line .

71% of Dirk's shots in that Postseason were from jumpers. At least Wade was attacking the rim more, why was Dirk shooting so many Free Throws? This isn't to attack you but more for the fact that Dirk fans always get on Wade but never acknowledge that Dirk was getting Free Throws.

sd3035
03-30-2016, 03:56 PM
LeBald, MJ

This is the obvious answer

Smoke117
03-30-2016, 04:16 PM
MJ

During Jordans retirement tour in 98 when he was 34 he took the most fta's since he was 25. He was still taking 5.6 in 2002 when only 23% of his shots were even within 10 feet...only 12% within 3 feet. Nobody has ever gotten superstar treatment like Michael Jordan did.

feyki
03-30-2016, 04:23 PM
71% of Dirk's shots in that Postseason were from jumpers. At least Wade was attacking the rim more, why was Dirk shooting so many Free Throws? This isn't to attack you but more for the fact that Dirk fans always get on Wade but never acknowledge that Dirk was getting Free Throws.

I think it's totally about 06 Finals . Dirk,Pierce,Gino,Shaq,Kobe,Lebron and even Duncan had too many calls when they got contact .

Jumpers or lay up/dunk , contact is contact . As logical , seems you could took more fta when attack the rim but fact is that you would got hard contact when defence thinks themselves in dangerous position . It's generally would on finishing at the rim but Dirk's deadly shooting skills was getting many contacts in his prime . Just watch his 48 points to Thunder . He easily can getting contact w/out slasher playing style .

I can see Wade benefited by our poor perimeter defending but 16 to 9 means Wade got 4-5 calls more than Dirk . I don't agree this . Refs or NBA that wasn't normal .

Papaya Petee
03-30-2016, 04:37 PM
LOL THIS GUY SAID A POLL, A ****ING POLL. :roll: :roll:

Aj presents you factual evidence, statistics, and even pictures of Wade being fouled in the most argued moments. You respond with 0 rebuttal or evidence proving your point... then you say start a poll. :roll:

AJ not accepting the facts? You started this thread with an OPINION, provided 0 facts to back it up, AJ provided nothing but facts and evidence. Youre a special kind of an idiot.

LongLiveTheKing
03-30-2016, 04:45 PM
AJ destroying these retards :oldlol:

Hey Yo
03-30-2016, 05:02 PM
During Jordan's retirement tour in 98 when he was 34 he took the most fta's since he was 25. He was still taking 5.6 in 2002 when only 23% of his shots were even within 10 feet...only 12% within 3 feet. Nobody has ever gotten superstar treatment like Michael Jordan did.
QFT....:applause:

CuterThanRubio
03-30-2016, 05:26 PM
LeBron averaged 14.2 FT's per game in the 08-09 playoffs.

Gileraracer
03-30-2016, 05:47 PM
LeBron averaged 14.2 FT's per game in the 08-09 playoffs.
Everyone knows lebron gets the full ref treatment since day 1. he wouldn't have survived without the stiffy

stalkerforlife
03-30-2016, 06:14 PM
My boy real14 doing work in this thread.

EXPOSING these boys.

Nilocon165
03-30-2016, 06:16 PM
LeBald, MJ
Kobe is not better than Jordan

gilalizard
03-30-2016, 11:09 PM
LeBaldo. Throughout his entire career.

It's a runaway. Nobody is even a close second.