PDA

View Full Version : Do american have bread in the fridge?

kurple
03-30-2016, 09:18 AM
:confusedshrug:

fiddy
03-30-2016, 09:21 AM
Who does that shit :facepalm

JohnnySic
03-30-2016, 09:27 AM
Bread lasts longer if you store it in the fridge. :pimp:

knickballer
03-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Yes. But realize that most of the bread we eat is processed junk(refined white flour and other BS ingredients) and not on par with that of Europe's..

robert de niro
03-30-2016, 09:35 AM
the fridge will make it stale faster than leaving the bag open in the kitchen

Labissiere
03-30-2016, 09:48 AM
My family would freeze extra packages of bread, but once that is the go to bag, it is not in the fridge.

Thorpesaurous
03-30-2016, 09:50 AM
There's a deli down the street from me that keeps their bread in the fridge and it's terrible. I know white bread is lousy, but I pretty much only buy good bread, and mostly only buy it when I'm using it, which isn't that often.

I have a running debate with friends about weather or not ketchup and or mustard belongs in the fridge. I don't put either in the fridge.

fiddy
03-30-2016, 10:04 AM
There's a deli down the street from me that keeps their bread in the fridge and it's terrible. I know white bread is lousy, but I pretty much only buy good bread, and mostly only buy it when I'm using it, which isn't that often.

I have a running debate with friends about weather or not ketchup and or mustard belongs in the fridge. I don't put either in the fridge.
Ketchup definitely not, had a bottle of 1.5kg Heinz that stayed out fridge for ~2months and its perfectly fine

Labissiere
03-30-2016, 10:08 AM

I definitely put ketchup in the fridge. I dgaf about mustard though.

I do have that same debate about Hershey's chocolate syrup though. I like it unrefrigerated so that it pours faster and stirs into milk better. My brother likes it cold.

Labissiere
03-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Ketchup definitely not, had a bottle of 1.5kg Heinz that stayed out fridge for ~2months and its perfectly fine
I keep it I the fridge, but it is definitely better heated up. Warm ketchup on a burger is amazing.

DeuceWallaces
03-30-2016, 10:31 AM

Yeah that's incorrect. It goes stale quicker. That's why there are bread boxes. They are less likely to get moldy in the fridge, but go stale much quicker.

JohnnySic
03-30-2016, 10:36 AM
Yeah that's incorrect. It goes stale quicker. That's why there are bread boxes. They are less likely to get moldy in the fridge, but go stale much quicker.
Yeah, moldy is what I mean. I dont care about stale since I generally toast my bread.

Labissiere
03-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Yeah, moldy is what I mean. I dont care about stale since I generally toast my bread.
I only have a toaster that does slices unfortunately, and over half the bread I get are not sliced.

hateraid
03-30-2016, 10:55 AM
I do to prevent mold. I get one for fridge and one for counter. But we usually finish 2 loaves in a week. I usually get squirrely bread from my local baker. Made with oat grain and nuts with no preservatives. It molds really fast. If I buy day old then I can get 2 loaves for a dollar. Even if it does mold it's worth the price. Fresh is $3 a loaf

UK2K
03-30-2016, 10:57 AM

Freezer. Not fridge.

UK2K
03-30-2016, 10:58 AM

Things my girlfriend believes need to be in the fridge, that I never put in the fridge:

Ketchup
A1 Sauce
BBQ sauce
Mayo
Ranch

I can go on and on.

fiddy
03-30-2016, 11:02 AM
Things my girlfriend believes need to be in the fridge, that I never put in the fridge:

Ketchup
A1 Sauce
BBQ sauce
Mayo
Ranch

I can go on and on.
Mayo needs to be in the fridge, unless its garbage full of preservatives.

DeuceWallaces
03-30-2016, 11:15 AM
Lol mayo and ranch not in the fridge. What is wrong with people. Unrefrigerated dairy and egg products. Jesus christ.

Labissiere
03-30-2016, 11:17 AM
Lol mayo and ranch not in the fridge. What is wrong with people. Unrefrigerated dairy and egg products. Jesus christ.
I don't even refrigerate my ice cream.

UK2K
03-30-2016, 11:24 AM
Mayo needs to be in the fridge, unless its garbage full of preservatives.

Incorrect, sir.

Mayo does not need to be refrigerated!!! (However, if it has ever been in the fridge you should leave it there.) All commercial mayo comes with enough preservatives to keep if food safe, pretty much forever, unless you are double dipping a dirty utensil in it.

fiddy
03-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Incorrect, sir.
Um no, that only means that you're buying shit tier mayo. Good mayo here is sold in refrigerators in the stores, there are also brands of mayo that are sold on regular shelves without refrigeration but i dont bother buying that garbage.

TYCRO
03-30-2016, 11:28 AM
I put it in the freezer.

TYCRO
03-30-2016, 11:29 AM

Ketchup
A1 Sauce
BBQ sauce
Mayo
Ranch

I can go on and on.
:biggums:

UK2K
03-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Um no, that only means that you're buying shit tier mayo. Good mayo here is sold in refrigerators in the stores, there are also brands of mayo that are sold on regular shelves without refrigeration but i dont bother buying that garbage.

Mayo is generally too acidic for bacteria to grow, even at room temp.

I don't do the grocery shopping so I don't know where the bottle comes from, but I know where it goes between use...

My pantry.

hateraid
03-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Depends on what type of mayo. There are some that are strictly soybean and canola oil. The ones with whipped eggs I would definitely refrigerate.
Ranch??? Isn't that made with dairy? I'm very cautious when handling any dairy

TYCRO
03-30-2016, 11:34 AM

I don't do the grocery shopping so I don't know where the bottle comes from, but I know where it goes between use...

My pantry.
Still live with your mom?

hateraid
03-30-2016, 11:35 AM

My pantry.

Don't you get turned off by the texture though? Doesn't it separate and curdle for you?

fiddy
03-30-2016, 11:35 AM

My pantry.
No true at all, in couple of instances i've left open box of mayo on the table for the night, shit is yellowish on the morning.

UK2K
03-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Still live with your mom?

Yes. Mom packs my lunches for school too. So what?

TYCRO
03-30-2016, 11:40 AM
Yes. Mom packs my lunches for school too. So what?
Just checking. Makes more sense now.

UK2K
03-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Don't you get turned off by the texture though? Doesn't it separate and curdle for you?

Really depends if you get it in the jar or the squeezable kind. I used to use the jar type and yeah, but the squeezable kind, you won't ever notice.

DeuceWallaces
03-30-2016, 11:47 AM
Depends on what type of mayo. There are some that are strictly soybean and canola oil. The ones with whipped eggs I would definitely refrigerate.
Ranch??? Isn't that made with dairy? I'm very cautious when handling any dairy

Yeah, it's a buttermilk dressing. That's ****ed up.

Thorpesaurous
03-30-2016, 11:54 AM

Yeah, for me it's no on Ketchup, Steak Sauce, Mustard.

I have a pathological fear of Mayo, and most mayo type things, like Ranch, Sour Cream, etc., but when I have it, it's in the Fridge. I keep it on the top shelf so I don't have to touch it.

Most of the other stuff mentioned though stays strictly out of the fridge.

ArbitraryWater
03-30-2016, 12:18 PM
I don't even refrigerate my ice cream.

:oldlol:

Nick Young
03-30-2016, 12:24 PM
FALSE. The fridge dries it out faster and leads to it going stale.

warriorfan
03-30-2016, 12:29 PM
debating on wether or not to put your bread in the fridge makes u guys sound like middle aged house wives

Godzuki
03-30-2016, 12:36 PM
debating on wether or not to put your bread in the fridge makes u guys sound like middle aged house wives

this fgt always looking down on everyone when he's such a loser :oldlol:

know ure place mf'er :rolleyes:

warriorfan
03-30-2016, 12:41 PM
godzuki has no bread in his fridge or pantry that is why he lives off 5 dollar fill ups :roll:

Godzuki
03-30-2016, 12:49 PM
godzuki has no bread in his fridge or pantry that is why he lives off 5 dollar fill ups :roll:

lol this nikka said pantry what a fgt :oldlol:

warriorfan
03-30-2016, 12:52 PM
lol this nikka said pantry what a fgt :oldlol:

no pantries in your mommas message parlor or what? :roll:

hateraid
03-30-2016, 01:11 PM
Yeah, it's a buttermilk dressing. That's ****ed up.

I ate day old cream of Mushroom soup and got the worst food poisoning in my life. I couldn't imagine being in my cupboard over an extended period of time

UK2K
03-30-2016, 01:20 PM
I ate day old cream of Mushroom soup and got the worst food poisoning in my life. I couldn't imagine being in my cupboard over an extended period of time
Since I never get sick, ever, I always assumed that my childhood years, when I was dirt poor and ate pretty much anything, has made me immune to life.

Years of running around barefoot stomping in nasty ass creeks has its advantages I guess.

riseagainst
03-30-2016, 01:35 PM
Dumb ass Americans putting bread in the fridge. LOL
It gets drier faster and makes it stale.

How long do you need a bag of bread to last anyway? If you leave it outside it'll last 1.5 to 2 weeks. You mean to tell me you can't finish a bag of bread in 2 weeks? What are you rationing that sh1t?

I thought fat ass Americans like to eat? Why are you rationing?

Dumbass pieces of sh1ts.

UK2K
03-30-2016, 04:16 PM

How long do you need a bag of bread to last anyway? If you leave it outside it'll last 1.5 to 2 weeks. You mean to tell me you can't finish a bag of bread in 2 weeks? What are you rationing that sh1t?

I thought fat ass Americans like to eat? Why are you rationing?

Dumbass pieces of sh1ts.

While, yes, the vast majority of America is fat...

Not all of us eat like whales.

hateraid
03-30-2016, 04:26 PM
Since I never get sick, ever, I always assumed that my childhood years, when I was dirt poor and ate pretty much anything, has made me immune to life.

Years of running around barefoot stomping in nasty ass creeks has its advantages I guess.

:lol
I actually fully subscribe to that idea the dirtier you are growing up the more immune you are to disease.

Although the ranch dressing thing can't be authentic. It's got to be some form of modified flavoring mixed with a heat stable oil, salt and vinegar to preserve, and cornstarch. No way dairy can be stable in room temp. Although I do see in many restaurants condiments left on tables.

Type 2
03-30-2016, 04:26 PM
While, yes, the vast majority of America is fat...

Not all of us eat like whales.
Shouldn't matter even if we do.

Akrazotile
03-30-2016, 04:31 PM
Yeah, for me it's no on Ketchup, Steak Sauce, Mustard.

I have a pathological fear of Mayo, and most mayo type things, like Ranch, Sour Cream, etc., but when I have it, it's in the Fridge. I keep it on the top shelf so I don't have to touch it.

Most of the other stuff mentioned though stays strictly out of the fridge.

Ok, Thorpe.

Hand over your White card, I'm revoking your privileges. Apply for reinstatement in 90 days.

We gonna learn you to like some mayo, boy.

UK2K
03-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Shouldn't matter even if we do.

http://stateofobesity.org/healthcare-costs-obesity/

It absolutely matters.

America is fat and disgusting, and nobody gives a ****. That's embarrassing.

Akrazotile
03-30-2016, 04:47 PM
http://stateofobesity.org/healthcare-costs-obesity/

It absolutely matters.

America is fat and disgusting, and nobody gives a ****. That's embarrassing.

It is double edged tho. While it's very costly to treat diabetes and heart disease etc, it also saves a lot of money on the back end when people die closer to age 65 than 90, and don't get 20-30 years of social security and medicare. So it's hard to pin down whether it ultimately breaks down to a net gain or loss.

Altho if people stayed fit and healthy we could probably raise the age of social security eligibility in addition to dropping healthcare costs, but that would still be hard as hell to pass through Congress due to the backlash from retirement-age voters.

Thorpesaurous
03-31-2016, 07:30 AM
Ok, Thorpe.

Hand over your White card, I'm revoking your privileges. Apply for reinstatement in 90 days.

We gonna learn you to like some mayo, boy.

It just isn't possible. It's weird. I'm not terribly fussy, but mayo is the thing where if it's on there I'd have to send the food back. I don't even go to Wendy's because I'm afraid they'll put mayo on my burger even if I ask them not to.

I will, however, eat tuna with the mayo in it. It has to be a light batch of mayo in there, but I can still pull it off occasionally, and enjoy it. I've convinced myself the tuna enacts some kind of chemical change on the mayo.

JohnnySic
03-31-2016, 08:24 AM
It is double edged tho. While it's very costly to treat diabetes and heart disease etc, it also saves a lot of money on the back end when people die closer to age 65 than 90, and don't get 20-30 years of social security and medicare. So it's hard to pin down whether it ultimately breaks down to a net gain or loss.

Altho if people stayed fit and healthy we could probably raise the age of social security eligibility in addition to dropping healthcare costs, but that would still be hard as hell to pass through Congress due to the backlash from retirement-age voters.
The minority of us that stay fit will get a win-win. Fitter and healthier and get social security sooner and enjoy a longer retirement.

The obese majority can keep scarfing down that fast food. :cheers:

Jasper
03-31-2016, 09:34 AM
I'm the bread king , go thru at least a loaf and a 1/2 a week , or I eat bagels and a loaf.
It's always out of the frig , cause 'fresh' bread is without a doubt the best.
Wife will make raisin bread or grain breads, and I prefer them a few days later.

My mum stacks her bread in the freezer. She no longer a bread eater per say- so she just takes out what she wants and toasts it.

all condiments are in the frig - I like the cool taste.

TYCRO
03-31-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm the bread king , go thru at least a loaf and a 1/2 a week , or I eat bagels and a loaf.
It's always out of the frig , cause 'fresh' bread is without a doubt the best.
Wife will make raisin bread or grain breads, and I prefer them a few days later.

My mum stacks her bread in the freezer. She no longer a bread eater per say- so she just takes out what she wants and toasts it.

all condiments are in the frig - I like the cool taste.
Toasted bread for the win. :rockon:

thefatmiral
03-31-2016, 10:13 AM
Bread out. But I just started putting hot sauce in.

TYCRO
03-31-2016, 10:20 AM
Bread out. But I just started putting hot sauce in.
Hot sauce in the bread? Like the new BK Whopper?

MMM
03-31-2016, 10:27 AM
not really a fan of toasted bread

Bosnian Sajo
03-31-2016, 12:11 PM

wtf kind of bread you eating, cardboard? :oldlol:

2 weeks? :roll:

2 week old bread stale and usually moldy af. And just for the record, microwaving the bread that was in the fridge makes it soft and warm af, not stale. I don't keep bread in the fridge, we use a loaf a day at my house. Why we talkin bread when we SHOULD be making BREAD? Insidehoops.

TYCRO
03-31-2016, 12:41 PM
wtf kind of bread you eating, cardboard? :oldlol:

2 weeks? :roll:

2 week old bread stale and usually moldy af. And just for the record, microwaving the bread that was in the fridge makes it soft and warm af, not stale. I don't keep bread in the fridge, we use a loaf a day at my house. Why we talkin bread when we SHOULD be making BREAD? Insidehoops.
Yeah, that is way too long.