PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson in last 5 games: 5.8 ppg(31% FG, 7% 3PT) + worst defense in the league

Human Error
03-31-2016, 10:25 AM
His honeymoon with Miami was very short lived as the opposing teams figured out quickly.

MMM
03-31-2016, 10:33 AM
josh richardson has been nice for them and so has going small in general but they are still an awfully flawed team. Feel the Hawks, Hornets and Celtics are more well rounded teams but we'll see if Mia has an edge when experience becomes a factor.

jrong
03-31-2016, 10:34 AM
His honeymoon with Miami was very short lived as the opposing teams figured out quickly.

Yeah, this is becoming a problem. He strung together a few shots last night at one point, and it seemed like he was gonna break out of the slump, but the Heat need to get a lot more from him.

TYCRO
03-31-2016, 10:37 AM
Which is why I was actually rooting for the Cavs to get him.

PJR
03-31-2016, 10:38 AM
Regression to the mean. He was on a hot streak dating back to January. I still think he'll be a relatively dependable threat.

Human Error
03-31-2016, 10:41 AM
josh richardson has been nice for them and so has going small in general but they are still an awfully flawed team. Feel the Hawks, Hornets and Celtics are more well rounded teams but we'll see if Mia has an edge when experience becomes a factor.
Which I strongly disagree. Miami is actually one of the most loaded teams in the league in my opinion, they have one of the best centers in the league in Whiteside, a legitimate superstar in Wade, an elite point guard in Dragic(Miami paid him for a reason), a former all-star in Luol Deng who is thriving as a power forward, a knockdown shooter and playmaker in Joe Johnson, an all around big man in Josh McRoberts and solid rookies in Winslow and Richardson. But people have been saying that Miami is flawed even when Bosh was healthy and contributing, if you think Miami is flawed and if you use the same standard on other teams, the Celtics and the Hornets aren't even NBA teams. I'm sick of hearing about how Miami has a flawed roster and give all the excuses in the world to them.

Spaulding
03-31-2016, 10:46 AM
If he played in Cleveland. Everyone would blame his poor stats on Lebron ball.

Im Still Ballin
03-31-2016, 10:50 AM
Miami is absolutely loaded

If they had Bosh right now.... They'd be favorites to come out the east

CP3PO
03-31-2016, 11:01 AM
Miami is absolutely loaded

If they had Bosh right now.... They'd be favorites to come out the east
Or if they had LeBron. He done messed up :lol

MMM
03-31-2016, 11:04 AM
Which I strongly disagree. Miami is actually one of the most loaded teams in the league in my opinion, they have one of the best centers in the league in Whiteside, a legitimate superstar in Wade, an elite point guard in Dragic(Miami paid him for a reason), a former all-star in Luol Deng who is thriving as a power forward, a knockdown shooter and playmaker in Joe Johnson, an all around big man in Josh McRoberts and solid rookies in Winslow and Richardson. But people have been saying that Miami is flawed even when Bosh was healthy and contributing, if you think Miami is flawed and if you use the same standard on other teams, the Celtics and the Hornets aren't even NBA teams. I'm sick of hearing about how Miami has a flawed roster and give all the excuses in the world to them.

Wade isn't currently a superstar but he is still the reason why the Heat have been very good in close games down the stretch. IIRC the Heat are one of the best 4th quarter teams. it is still a stretch to call him a legitimate SS in the league.

Dragic isn't a elite PG. Give me IT and Kemba over him and Teague/DS duo as well.

JJ hasn't been a knock down shooter at all and the heat in general lack shooting despite what the SSS indicate

I'm pretty confident in the Hornets ability over Mia but not as sold on the Celtics as of late.

miggyme1
03-31-2016, 11:06 AM
Hmmmmm....ill Be More Worried If This Continues In The Playoffs.....he Always Been The Type Of Player To Disappear For Strecthes.....but His Ability To Hit Big Shots Will Help The Heat Come Playoff Time.

Dresta
03-31-2016, 11:12 AM
And Josh Richardson shot 0-8 last night after shooting like 65% on 3 pointers for a month; what, did you actually expect the insane shooting streak these guys were on to continue indefinitely? You'll probably just blame the regression on Spo, like always.

Oh, and it's Dragic's defense that's been the real liability to Miami, the guy OP wanted to give the keys to the franchise, and yet who can't do anything in the halfcourt, and causes Miami's defense to break down time after time after time.

Dresta
03-31-2016, 11:14 AM
If he played in Cleveland. Everyone would blame his poor stats on Lebron ball.
Except his stats in Miami still shit all over what he was doing in Brooklyn.

Dumbass.

Akhenaten
03-31-2016, 11:18 AM
He should be going against second units i.e. not starting, been saying it for a bit now, 6th man is his role he has no business guarding the Lebron, Kawhai's, Durant's etc.

Also this Stoudamire starting thing needs to end like yesterday, enough of that already! Lot of our fans and local media all hyped cause we've had a little run since the AS break but all we've did is win games we're supposed to win.

Human Error
03-31-2016, 11:47 AM
And Josh Richardson shot 0-8 last night after shooting like 65% on 3 pointers for a month; what, did you actually expect the insane shooting streak these guys were on to continue indefinitely? You'll probably just blame the regression on Spo, like always.

Oh, and it's Dragic's defense that's been the real liability to Miami, the guy OP wanted to give the keys to the franchise, and yet who can't do anything in the halfcourt, and causes Miami's defense to break down time after time after time.
I never brought up Richardson's 0-8 FG. Why do you get overly defensive? Shooters are supposed to have off games and I can live with that, but Joe Johnson has been having off games for 2 consecutive weeks.

And I never said that we should over the franchise to Dragic. What I said was, if Wade tries to get $20M next year, teams would want Dragic more than Wade, which is 100% true. And if there is a guy who I would like to see get handed over the key to, it is Whiteside, who is playing behind Amare for no reason. It doesn't matter because he still gets the starter minutes? It actually matters, by the time when he is subbed in, the team is always down by a lot of points. Why do we purposely sabotage the early stage of game?

Dresta
03-31-2016, 11:51 AM
I never brought up Richardson's 0-8 FG. Why do you get overly defensive? Shooters are supposed to have off games and I can live with that, but Joe Johnson has been having off games for 2 consecutive weeks.

And I never said that we should over the franchise to Dragic. What I said was, if Wade tries to get $20M next year, teams would want Dragic more than Wade, which is 100% true. And if there is a guy who I would like to see get handed over the key to, it is Whiteside, who is playing behind Amare for no reason. It doesn't matter because he still gets the starter minutes? It actually matters, by the time when he is subbed in, the team is always down by a lot of points. Why do we purposely sabotage the early stage of game?
Pretty sure the team was up by like 15 points when he subbed in last night. Shooters go through shooting slumps and also shooting streaks, neither are usually permanent. You constantly overreact to just about everything with this team. It's really quite tiresome.

Smoke117
03-31-2016, 02:08 PM
His defense was atrocious yesterday.

DoctorP
03-31-2016, 02:27 PM
Joe J has to hit his shots

AirBonner
03-31-2016, 02:39 PM
Except his stats in Miami still shit all over what he was doing in Brooklyn.

Dumbass.
Sample size

Dumbass.

Legends66NBA7
03-31-2016, 03:14 PM
Joe is always going to be streaky and his defense has been a negative. It's the story of his career.

If he can make big shots for Miami, it will be worth it in the end.

Dresta
03-31-2016, 04:25 PM
Sample size

Dumbass.
"sample size" is completely irrelevant to the point I made and the context in which I made it you illiterate ******.

Seriously, you have the deductive capabilities of a child with down syndrome. Stupid ****.

Crimsonrain777
03-31-2016, 05:52 PM

Wade is no longer a superstar. why do people keep saying this shit?

Dray n Klay
03-31-2016, 05:54 PM
Wade Ball claims another soul...

GrapeApe
03-31-2016, 06:20 PM
Wade Ball claims another soul...

Except Dragic is the PG and primary ball handler. Wade is mainly an off-ball player and secondary ball handler.

JJ has struggled lately but he's been missing some good looks. Even when his shots aren't dropping, his shooting ability is still important as a threat. Defenses have to account for him on the perimeter. I'm not worried about his offense, it's his defense that concerns me. He's a defensive liability and teams are going to attack him, especially in crunch time.

GrapeApe
03-31-2016, 06:40 PM
Wade is no longer a superstar. why do people keep saying this shit?

It's mostly people trying to hype up the Heat as some kind of juggernaut that Lebron has to get past. I've even seen people mention Bosh as part of the Heat's "stackedness", even though he hasn't played in nearly 2 months and is probably done for the year.

Smoke117
03-31-2016, 06:51 PM
Except Dragic is the PG and primary ball handler. Wade is mainly an off-ball player and secondary ball handler.

JJ has struggled lately but he's been missing some good looks. Even when his shots aren't dropping, his shooting ability is still important as a threat. Defenses have to account for him on the perimeter. I'm not worried about his offense, it's his defense that concerns me. He's a defensive liability and teams are going to attack him, especially in crunch time.

Not just missing but putting up complete bricks...he wasn't even close on that wide open 3pter Wade set him up for. :facepalm